PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: SpikerS Handyman Services

A2VR6
11-09-2014, 07:08 PM
Recently, I decided to get a deck built for my home before the snow flies this year.

Based on some very positive reviews/experiences from other beyonders/friends on some handyman type jobs done by SpikerS, I decided to PM him to see if he had some time to build the deck on short notice.

SpikerS responded promptly to PM's and offered to build the deck ASAP even with the possibility of cold weather/snow. He showed up on time, updated me throughout the process via text message with lots of pics during the build. The pay was also VERY reasonable for the time he spent on the project.

He also provided some great input into railing material selection as well. If I had any indoor things to do around the house during the winter, i'd defiantly would use SpikerS and I highly recommend other beyonders to do so as well!:thumbsup:

During Build:
http://i.imgur.com/i9xbD9P.jpg

Finished Product:
http://i.imgur.com/0DacaIR.jpg

egmilano
11-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Looks great, Love the railing !

BerserkerCatSplat
11-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Oh snap, I saw lots of pics from spikerS of that deck on FB but had no idea it was yours. Looks great, the black rails are sleek.

codetrap
11-09-2014, 07:36 PM
I'm glad you went with the aluminum railings. The black is a much nicer choice than the white PVC ones. Man, with all the good reviews and business spikerS is getting, I should start charging him rent on my tools lol. :P

Just kidding Spikers, I'm glad they're getting used instead of accruing dust in my garage.

TomcoPDR
11-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Very nice.

max_boost
11-09-2014, 08:17 PM
spikerS good guy. gonna get him to redo mine next year

spikerS
11-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone! I was trying to get that deck done before the snow flied last night, and I finally was able to finish about 3pm yesterday. It was cutting it all pretty close!

Glad you like it bud! That railing is pretty awesome, and way better than any vinyl options I was finding, and this aluminium one goes together and up pretty quick. Well, except for the stair railings.

Stairs are a bitch. :whipped:

rage2
02-02-2015, 09:56 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll just add to this one. We upgraded our fridge to the largest one that will almost fit in the space, and of course the countertop overhang is just enough to fuck me over by 1/4 inch. SpikerS stopped by with his gear, some cutting later got me an extra 1/2 inch. Cuts are nice and clean and ready for delivery tomorrow!

TL;DR I needed 1/4 inch, spikerS came over and impressed me with 1/2 inch. Left me satisfied. #nohomo

dj_rice
02-02-2015, 11:15 PM
Damn too bad you don't live in Edmonton. Have alot of things needing to be done

Want demolish and build new deck
Install Hood Range
Install GDO
Install new Pendant and Kitchen Light Fixtures

bball2
02-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Didn't want to start a new thread, so I'll just add to this one. We upgraded our fridge to the largest one that will almost fit in the space, and of course the countertop overhang is just enough to fuck me over by 1/4 inch. SpikerS stopped by with his gear, some cutting later got me an extra 1/2 inch. Cuts are nice and clean and ready for delivery tomorrow!

TL;DR I needed 1/4 inch, spikerS came over and impressed me with 1/2 inch. Left me satisfied. #nohomo
Nice TL;DR :rofl: