PDA

View Full Version : MBNA rant

heavyfuel
11-10-2014, 10:46 AM
So about 6 weeks ago I started getting a "sorry we're experiencing technical difficulties, please try again later" message each time I tried to log in. Weeks went by, problem went on and on and on, on hold for 30-45 minutes for 179 or so phone calls. 2nd to last call, CSR told me that she'd transfer me to their online dept. (why did none of the previous CSR's do that?) So after another 15 minutes on hold, "Our online services dept. is currently closed"... So fuck that. I paid off the entire balance with the intention of closing my account, and when I went to check over the phone this morning if it had posted yet, my account was already closed!!! So didn't know why or wtf was going on, so another 45 minutes on hold to get told to check with my bank (TD) as to why the payment hadn't gone through yet and that even if the account was closed the payment would got through eventually!!! (didn't know this) I said you gotta be kidding me, you're the fucked up ones not my bank, like ya I wanted my account closed but I never formally authorized it. Fuck MBNA, I can't believe the level of incompetency given they're a financial institution. End rant. (for now)

sabad66
11-10-2014, 11:04 AM
FYI, MBNA is now owned by TD, so maybe the TD person heard you say you wanted to close it and passed it along to MBNA?

rage2
11-10-2014, 11:29 AM
If you check your mail (both email and physical) they warned you that you need to re-register to their system for the MBNA -> TD transition. 6 weeks sounds about right, as the old system was turned off Oct 1st.

Phone service is a little on the slower side right now during transition, I was on hold for about 15 mins before I could talk to someone to give them my travel itinerary.

I've been nothing but happy with them for almost 20 years now. They've reversed charges every time without questioning, gave me extended balance transfers when I had money problems years ago, and they will even negotiate lower monthly balance interest rates which is kinda cool. Mine's at 8% if I ever need to use it.

heavyfuel
11-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by sabad66
FYI, MBNA is now owned by TD, so maybe the TD person heard you say you wanted to close it and passed it along to MBNA?

Quite possibly. Never contacted TD about this tho. My other credit card is with First Calgary and they told me I could pay off my MBNA balance, then transfer my available credit to that one, and I did mention this so maybe they tried to jam me up. Either way I made sure they re-opened my account for now.

Originally posted by rage2
If you check your mail (both email and physical) they warned you that you need to re-register to their system for the MBNA -> TD transition. 6 weeks sounds about right, as the old system was turned off Oct 1st.

Phone service is a little on the slower side right now during transition, I was on hold for about 15 mins before I could talk to someone to give them my travel itinerary.

I've been nothing but happy with them for almost 20 years now. They've reversed charges every time without questioning, gave me extended balance transfers when I had money problems years ago, and they will even negotiate lower monthly balance interest rates which is kinda cool. Mine's at 8% if I ever need to use it.

Yes I did re-register, and I also understand that experiences may vary from person to person.

adam c
11-10-2014, 10:34 PM
FYI First Calgary aka Cuets was also bought by TD with the same deal as MBNA... I hate TD so I'm going to be looking to cancel my cards if I can as I have both a FC and MBNA, TD will never get another dime from me if I have a choice

heavyfuel
11-11-2014, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by adam c
FYI First Calgary aka Cuets was also bought by TD with the same deal as MBNA... I hate TD so I'm going to be looking to cancel my cards if I can as I have both a FC and MBNA, TD will never get another dime from me if I have a choice

Fuck eh, crazy. TD and FC always been good to me!

turbotrip
11-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Wtf, so if I didn't re-register my card it's now cancelled? I didn't get anything in the mail about it...

rage2
11-11-2014, 04:38 PM
No, if you didn't re-register you won't have access to online or phone support.