PDA

View Full Version : JDM import company advice - Tyee Imports

BMDUBS
11-12-2014, 09:20 PM
Hi guys,

I just sold my E93 M3 because I cant stop thinking about my old E36. I want to get another E36 now and I see a company on Vancouver Island that has imported several JDM E36 M3's. They are called Tyee Imports, anyone familiar with them? Good, bad or in between?

They are asking for a deposit of $1000.00, refundable 'if they don't find me anything'. Is this normal practice? I had asked him to start sending me information and or pictures of cars that are available at upcoming auctions and then they asked for the deposit? They did say it should be no problem sourcing a car for $13-$15k landed.

Are there any other companies local in Calgary or even in Edmonton that have brought in Japanese BMW's that may be worth looking into?

My_name_is_Rob
11-12-2014, 10:33 PM
I actually went and visited their lot a couple years ago. This was after the importation laws changed, and they imported a couple of EVOs that I was interested in, plus I was on the island anyway, so why not? Had a chat with the guy who ran the place, and he seemed like an alright guy. Never ended up buying one though, so I don't actually have any useful info for ya. :dunno:

Aerobat
11-12-2014, 10:36 PM
b-pro.ca really good guy to deal with

Sugarphreak
11-13-2014, 01:37 PM

BavarianBeast
11-13-2014, 01:55 PM
You miss your E36 M3 when you had an E93?

E36 M3 is the most boring M3 out of all the generations. WHY!?

On a side note - when I was shopping around for a winter car I contacted Tyee. They were helpful and seemed to be eager to find what I was looking for. Decided to buy a local S4 instead.