PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Blind installation calgary

vkesava1
11-13-2014, 01:06 AM
Hi there,

Any body know any cheap and good companies that does blinds and curtains in Calgary ? Thanks

colsankey
11-13-2014, 01:20 AM
You can get super cheap at walmart or home depot, but I'm assuming you want something a step up.Mars blinds down by Chinook looked a little like a dump, but seems to have a pretty decent price on blinds.

spike98
11-13-2014, 10:20 AM
Not sure about calgary but Budget Blinds of out cochrane got us a VERY good deal on ours. Basic real wood in white for the whole house and patio for $3200 installed.

Careful though, they will upsell you on the cordless. We only wanted it on one room and we even regret that.

JordanLotoski
11-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Call me guy.

Cornell, best for less blinds

403-809-4141

roopi
11-13-2014, 10:31 AM
I've used Mars Blinds. No complaints at all.

ExtraSlow
11-13-2014, 10:35 AM
I have used Cornell that Jordan posted, and he was excellent, and a very good price. Nice guy too.

G
11-13-2014, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
I have used Cornell that Jordan posted, and he was excellent, and a very good price. Nice guy too.

Yes Cornell is the man...he is doing mine tomorrow.

ronaldo
11-13-2014, 12:33 PM
Another for Cornell...he did my place and did a great job at a good price

Mitsu3000gt
11-13-2014, 12:44 PM
I used Best for Less about a year and a half ago.

They were OK. Took my deposit and I waited about 2 months for them to install my product (standard blackout blinds, single window, under 10 min job). I called them several times. Nice people, but kept forgetting I guess. The install day rolls around and I get a call saying they can't make it, but whatever, stuff comes up I guess.

1 year later I get a phone call saying they forgot to bill me for the balance (they took a deposit initially). I have no idea if they charged me or not, since my CC doesn't have that much history and I can't remember a year back. I let them bill me again, and just hoped I didn't get double charged.

I didn't shop around but it was ~$500 for blackout blinds on a small rectangular window and a small half-moon above it. DIY for the same product looked to be about $200, but obviously I didn't want to DIY.

The install was OK, there are uneven gaps on either side of the blinds larger than I had expected (zero on one side, 1/4" on the other), but it's decent enough I guess. The "Fan" type blinds that go in the half moon seem to be too big and bunch up at the bottom. They fall down every couple weeks as well. The install seemed very rushed. Probably will shop around some more next time or just do them myself after seeing how easy the install was. Overall experience was about a 5/10.

ercchry
11-13-2014, 12:50 PM
went to lowes.. told them the window size, went home, put 12 screws into brackets, took 6 slats out... boom, blinds for $50 and an hour of my life

StreetRacerX
11-13-2014, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
went to lowes.. told them the window size, went home, put 12 screws into brackets, took 6 slats out... boom, blinds for $50 and an hour of my life

^This

Although we went to Bouclair for ours.

SkiBum5.0
11-13-2014, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by JordanLotoski
Call me guy.

Cornell, best for less blinds

403-809-4141

Cornell did ours too and they were great. Would recommend.