PDA

View Full Version : Another reason for residents of Skyview to complain

dubhead
11-13-2014, 12:13 PM
Tensions appear to be sizzling in Calgary’s far northeast as both residents and the mayor question whether they can really live in harmony with a soon-to-open beef plant nearby. Harmony Beef, run by veteran Colorado meat producer Rich Vesta, will replace the ill-fated Rancher’s Beef, which shut down in 2007 just 14 months after it was opened by a group looking for a workaround to ongoing U.S. border issues in the wake of the BSE crisis. It’s expected the site will begin trucking in dozens of cattle for slaughter daily next spring or summer. But Vesta said Wednesday that Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi wrote a letter in late August to an elected Rocky View County representative expressing concern about the proximity of his Balzac-area site to northeast communities, located just across Stoney Trail NE, and the potential foul odours that could emanate from it.
http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/1211235/mayor-nenshi-residents-raise-stink-over-harmony-beef-plant-near-calgarys-northeast-limits/

One more reason to for residents up there to complain and a perfect opportunity for Nenshi to get a good photo op

lilmira
11-13-2014, 12:15 PM
Foul odour in the NE? No Way

FraserB
11-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Sounds like a perfect Nenshi problem. Can't actually do anything about it, but making a bunch of noise might get support from some clueless people and then he can complain about not being able to do anything because people won't work with him.

And the affected communities were built after the plant was there anyway.

ercchry
11-13-2014, 12:20 PM
hahahahahahaha, NE calgary, welcome to new brooks

Lex350
11-13-2014, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
Sounds like a perfect Nenshi problem. Can't actually do anything about it, but making a bunch of noise might get support from some clueless people and then he can complain about not being able to do anything because people won't work with him.

And the affected communities were built after the plant was there anyway.

Captain Calgary to the rescue...err..I mean Caption Calgary to the front of any media outlet for more exposure.

I laugh at people that complain about these things. People never do their due diligence before buying a house whether it be road closures/expansions, redevelopments or zoning issues.

TomcoPDR
11-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

How does one even live in that "town"... It's like a breathe holding contest Everytime you drive across that 3km on hwy#1

CapnCrunch
11-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
Foul odour in the NE? No Way

BUSINESS AS USUAL LOL.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

Eh? I was under the impression the Brooks smell was primarily from the feed lot, not the slaughterhouse. The Rockyview plant has no feed lot.

ercchry
11-13-2014, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Eh? I was under the impression the Brooks smell was primarily from the feed lot, not the slaughterhouse. The Rockyview plant has no feed lot.

does cargill have a feed lot? cause that also stinks... i admittedly know very little about the beef industry so im not really sure what is smelly and what is not, but seems like if cow is involved in anyway it still has an odor :dunno:

jacky4566
11-13-2014, 04:06 PM
From High River, Cargill rarely ever smells. This may just be the wind in the area but on summer nights you can smell the feed lots to the west. It can get quite bad.

If its clean and material is constantly moving, the slaughter house shouldn't smell. Unless of course you the poor soul sucking farts out of rump roasts.

ercchry
11-13-2014, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by jacky4566
From High River, Cargill rarely ever smells. This may just be the wind in the area but on summer nights you can smell the feed lots to the west. It can get quite bad.

If its clean and material is constantly moving, the slaughter house shouldn't smell. Unless of course you the poor soul sucking farts out of rump roasts.

we are just north from there and the country folk in the office often blame the smell on cargill.. if thats actually the the source or not i do not know

BavarianBeast
11-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Man that Nenshi is such a faggot.

1IFloXOuLgA

"Faggot didn’t mean gay when I was a kid, you called somebody a faggot because they were being a faggot. [...] I would never call a gay guy a faggot, unless he was being a faggot, but not because he’s gay. Like, if I saw two guys blowing each other, I don’t know why I’m watching them do it... I don’t know, I stumbled upon a couple of fellas blowing one another on their respective penesia--That's plural for penis that invented today. I would be respectful to them, "Hello, gentlemen." But if one of them took the dick out of his mouth and started acting all faggy and saying annoying faggy things, "You know, people from Phoenix are Phonecians" or something like that. I’d be like, "Hey, shut up, faggot. FAGGOT! Quit being a faggot and suck that dick!""

vengie
11-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Id be more concerned with the 20-30% sour wells that have been abandoned in their backyards, residents could literally throw a rocks from their backyards and hit them.

rx7_turbo2
11-13-2014, 05:08 PM

Perfect, absolutely bang on.

speedog
11-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
Perfect, absolutely bang on.
Weird, I didn't see any of you bashing Nenshi in the "Permanent speed cams in playground zones? (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/387331/permanent-speed-cams-in-playground-zones/)" thread and his name was brought up there.

FraserB
11-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by speedog

Weird, I didn't see any of you bashing Nenshi in the "Permanent speed cams in playground zones? (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/387331/permanent-speed-cams-in-playground-zones/)" thread and his name was brought up there.

Nenshi voted no on the ridiculous speed times. Good enough for me.

rx7_turbo2
11-15-2014, 10:33 AM

Nenshi voted no on the ridiculous speed times. Good enough for me.
This.