PDA

View Full Version : Screen gets all blocky and shit

SKR
11-16-2014, 04:37 PM
What goes on here? It's only on Beyond that this happens. The screen gets all blocky and unmanageable. I have to close Chrome and open it up again, and then usually it's good for a while.

NoMoreG35
11-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Never seen that before with Chrome..

pheoxs
11-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Never seen that with Chrome but i have noticed on my phone (iphone 5, latest OS, safari) that images will get mixed up.

Like the 'quote' button will be some dudes avatar on every post and stuff like that. It doesn't happen all the time but a couple times a week probably

blairtruck
11-16-2014, 05:46 PM
i have a similar problem that im sure is my monitor
when it comes out of sleep. it flashes a few times like on/off and every now then sometimes comes out with the results you are having.

mine been doing it for years before i came to beyond. and im in the market for a new monitor on black friday

firebane
11-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by SKR
What goes on here? It's only on Beyond that this happens. The screen gets all blocky and unmanageable. I have to close Chrome and open it up again, and then usually it's good for a while.

See if it happens in Firefox.

muse017
11-16-2014, 05:56 PM
I also had a similar problem on iphone(Safari). It only happend when there was pictures attached somewhere in the thread.

xnvy
11-16-2014, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by pheoxs
Never seen that with Chrome but i have noticed on my phone (iphone 5, latest OS, safari) that images will get mixed up.

Like the 'quote' button will be some dudes avatar on every post and stuff like that. It doesn't happen all the time but a couple times a week probably This happens to me. Someone changed their avatar and their old one appears as the quote button. Can't remember who though. Started when I got iOS 8.

SKR
11-16-2014, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by blairtruck
i have a similar problem that im sure is my monitor
when it comes out of sleep. it flashes a few times like on/off and every now then sometimes comes out with the results you are having.

mine been doing it for years before i came to beyond. and im in the market for a new monitor on black friday

That might have something to do with it because my display is going titters too. The whole screen goes black, and then there's an error message. "NVIDEO kernels popped" or something. It doesn't happen at the same time.

Originally posted by firebane

See if it happens in Firefox.

I've tried and it doesn't seem to in either Firefox or IE, but I don't use them that frequently either.

eglove
11-16-2014, 06:46 PM
Happens all the time on my iPhone - ever since ios8

rage2
11-16-2014, 08:04 PM
For the safari problem it's the cache corrupting. Sometimes refreshing fixes it. Other times you can forcibly close safari and refresh. You can clear the cache too if both fail.

For the chrome issue I've never seen that before. No html code can make the page render in that fashion.

D'z Nutz
11-17-2014, 02:59 AM
I'm pretty sure that's a Chrome-only issue. A while ago Chrome rendered all the pages I would visit upside down and nothing I would do would fix it. I switched to something else for a while and one day when I went back to check, it worked again.