PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE-- 5 Car garage- SW

JordanLotoski
11-17-2014, 01:14 PM
This just came on, Anyone looking for a double attached and triple detached let me know. I can get you in asap

http://abmls.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=771079376&s=ALB&t=ALB

http://abmls.mlxchange.com/ALBImages/65/C3643841_101_12.jpg
http://abmls.mlxchange.com/ALBImages/65/C3643841_201_53.jpg

dr_jared88
11-17-2014, 01:20 PM
The listing says the rear triple garage is attached too and judging by google maps, I think its true. Wow that would be nice.

Sugarphreak
11-17-2014, 01:25 PM

JordanLotoski
11-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Yes I think the triple is attached

Its dated but lots of potential in that community. quiet cul de sac, pie lot

ercchry
11-17-2014, 01:30 PM
seems like a steep premium considering the amount of updating needed inside

flipstah
11-17-2014, 01:31 PM
Holy wood panelling.

max_boost
11-17-2014, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
seems like a steep premium considering the amount of updating needed inside :werd:

Sugarphreak
11-17-2014, 01:37 PM

ercchry
11-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Compared to... the other 5 car garage homes?

why am i comparing it to other 5 car garage homes? clearly you can tack on a second garage if you do so wish to jump through enough hoops... so im comparing it to comparable non-5car garage homes in the area... and the $200k seems a bit steep when you still need another $100k in the interior to get it up to par with the $650k homes around it

killramos
11-17-2014, 01:52 PM
It is pretty rare to be allowed a front and a rear on the alley no?

Would be awesome if the rest wasnt so meh. $$$

Sugarphreak
11-17-2014, 01:53 PM

Tik-Tok
11-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by killramos
It is pretty rare to be allowed a front and a rear on the alley no?

As long as you have enough property to allow the percentage of building to land, it's not difficult at all.

Edit: Looking at google maps, he definitely doesn't, lol. Probably built it before the current building codes were in place

As for the rest of the house, if you painted all the wood trim, and replaced the kitchen, it really wouldn't look dated at all.

ercchry
11-17-2014, 01:56 PM
EDIT: ^^^ it could be within rules, 7244sqft lot, 1765sqft for the house... so lets say its a 18x20 and 18x30 for the garages... thats only 2650sqft of coverage out of his allowed 3259sqft... and the maximum allowable accessory building part i believe only applies if its not attached

Why exactly does it need 100K in the interior

sorry... $100k over all... exterior looks pretty dated too. its over 3k sqft of finished space and a house of that caliber could easily eat that up in the kitchen alone... especially once you start open concept'ing it

flipstah
11-17-2014, 01:56 PM

Stripper poles ain't cheap, bro.

killramos
11-17-2014, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

As long as you have enough property to allow the percentage of building to land, it's not difficult at all.

Edit: Looking at google maps, he definitely doesn't, lol. Probably built it before the current building codes were in place

As for the rest of the house, if you painted all the wood trim, and replaced the kitchen, it really wouldn't look dated at all.

So could be a buying opportunity in the way of grandfathering alone?

Still alot of money if you were to completely gut interior and exterior to update...

Similar concept to lakefront properties in Kelowna who have pools 10 feet off the water. Codes wont let you do it any more.

Sugarphreak
11-17-2014, 02:05 PM

ercchry
11-17-2014, 02:08 PM

From the pictures I didn't see too much stuff; the gold lights could be swapped out, the kitchen nees some new appliances and some darker more modern countetops. My guess is the bathrooms could be updated a bit as well. I realize peoples standards vary a bit, but I could probably do everything for 35K or so and be very happy with it.

My last house was way worse off than this to be honest, I totally gutted the bathrooms to the studs, used expensive finishings all over the house, replaced the front door, painted the entire thing, even with the new deck and full landscaping included I only spent about 75K.

Another nice feature of the home is the roof... no more hail damage!

and your time is worth.... :devil:

killramos
11-17-2014, 02:09 PM

and your time is worth.... :devil:

I dont think he implied he did it himself?

75k is way to much in just materials imo.

ercchry
11-17-2014, 02:11 PM

I dont think he implied he did it himself?

75k is way to much in just materials imo.

i know he did it himself :rofl:

i did $30k on my house in materials and didnt do anything in the kitchen beyond sink and counter tops

Strider
11-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

The listing says the lot size is 673 sq meters, which is plenty enough based on a 45% lot coverage.
I wouldn't think the rules were any different in 1995 when the house was built, so probably not grandfathered.

I like this house a little better if I needed room for 5 cars:
http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?PropertyId=14834363

It too needs quite some updating though :(

killramos
11-17-2014, 02:16 PM

i know he did it himself :rofl:

i did $30k on my house in materials and didnt do anything in the kitchen beyond sink and counter tops

:eek:

I'm a newby reno-er. It has taken me 2 years to finish my garage and it just has insulation and poly so far :rofl:

ercchry
11-17-2014, 02:26 PM

:eek:

I'm a newby reno-er. It has taken me 2 years to finish my garage and it just has insulation and poly so far :rofl:

god damn sugarpheak... why cant i just throw out rough numbers... k, my renos for this place:

house is already stucco... so assuming its in good shape, paint and replace brick work with stone work-$15-20k

landscaping and fence work: $15k

for the interior, this dated layout needs a lot of work, so walls are coming down... structural work: $15k

all the flooring is wack... ~3500sqft of flooring... carpet basements, tile near exterior doors and bathroom, hardwood everywhere else $25k

kitchen will now be a lot more open and the whole thing will have to be gutted... with nice appliances and a big island and granite tops... $50k

whoops... $125k :poosie:

EDIT: and for the wainscoting that isnt torn down... uh... yeah that work can come out of the kitchen budget i guess, either getting a pro to paint them, cause i've seen the "dyi" fix for it and its nasty... or rip em down and fix up the drywall, whole house probably needs new baseboards too

Sugarphreak
11-17-2014, 04:53 PM

ercchry
11-17-2014, 05:00 PM
I did some outdoor stuff like sod, a landscape wall, rock garden, and dry-walling inside my garage, by I left anything that mattered to the contractors for fear of ruining my house :rofl:

You just don't know how to be savvy, haha

I would so leave that wainscoting up, it is sweet... I'd probably stain it to a dark chocolate malt colour and then do a green tea colour on the wall to give it a cozy pub feel; that is the old white man in me though

EDIT: Kind of like this
http://st.houzz.com/simgs/28312e1401b8e87d_8-2645/traditional-family-room.jpg

i'd go light walls and white wainscoting... but im also going to rip out the useless hallway and do an open concept so that will kill off the majority of it. there is being "savvy" then there is just being cheap though, and we are talking (if its actually worth it) potentially a million dollar house, which requires a certain level of finishes vs a run of the mill entry level home.

but yeah, i got a pro to install the counters, window, and carpet... and also to do the finishing work on the drywall, cause fuck drywall :whipped:

Xtrema
11-17-2014, 05:05 PM

- Kitchen (that awful late 80s/early 90s lights)
- Bath (if it's anything like the condition of kitchen)
- New flooring
- New paint
- Rip out anything that's gold, light fixture etc.
- Restain all oak wood trims to more updated color.
- Fireplace to match the new oak wood trim.
- knock down walls on main for open concept, the entrance area is too tight.

And that's before we get to see what kind of condition the basement is in. I have seen many horrible DIY's basements.

As pricing goes, if this place is in the Hamptons, would have fetched $1M+ given the size. But you wont' have a 5 car garage but way better interior layout.

riander5
11-17-2014, 05:10 PM
830k for that? This city is nuts :nut:

flipstah
11-17-2014, 05:15 PM
I did some outdoor stuff like sod, a landscape wall, rock garden, and dry-walling inside my garage, by I left anything that mattered to the contractors for fear of ruining my house :rofl:

You just don't know how to be savvy, haha

I would so leave that wainscoting up, it is sweet... I'd probably stain it to a dark chocolate malt colour and then do a green tea colour on the wall to give it a cozy pub feel; that is the old white man in me though

EDIT: Kind of like this
http://st.houzz.com/simgs/28312e1401b8e87d_8-2645/traditional-family-room.jpg

It's like being in a cigar shop! :rofl:

ercchry
11-17-2014, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

- Kitchen (that awful late 80s/early 90s lights)
- Bath (if it's anything like the condition of kitchen)
- New flooring
- New paint
- Rip out anything that's gold, light fixture etc.
- Restain all oak wood trims to more updated color.
- Fireplace to match the new oak wood trim.
- knock down walls on main for open concept, the entrance area is too tight.

And that's before we get to see what kind of condition the basement is in. I have seen many horrible DIY's basements.

As pricing goes, if this place is in the Hamptons, would have fetched $1M+ given the size. But you wont' have a 5 car garage but way better interior layout.

shit, missed the fireplace and bathrooms... guess the kitchen doesnt get the sub-zero treatment :rofl:

Xtrema
11-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by riander5
830k for that? This city is nuts :nut:

That's location is actually pretty good. 20mins to DT average. Sunterra near by.

At least you don't have spend $20K+ on that tile roof and will last almost as long as you will be in that house.

Sugarphreak
11-17-2014, 05:24 PM

baygirl
11-17-2014, 05:28 PM
The rear garage has a 2 pc bathroom...the only reason to go in the house is shower and sleep lol.

JudasJimmy
11-17-2014, 05:53 PM
lol. the whole front yard is concrete, I mean 100% is concrete. It has one of those extended driveways that the city is cracking down on. 3 car garage and parking pad in back yard. I do like that house and would buy it (if I were looking), but would certainly make sure that it was legal with permits. I'd leave it as-is too :-)

ExtraSlow
11-17-2014, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by baygirl
The rear garage has a 2 pc bathroom...the only reason to go in the house is shower and sleep lol.
Garage with a bathroom in it? I would never go in the main house. Let the kids and wife run that space. Air mattress and gym membership, bang, done.

JordanLotoski
11-18-2014, 09:37 PM
CS:eek:

Sugarphreak
11-18-2014, 09:45 PM

max_boost
11-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Is Sugarphreak moving? This house gonna be flipped in a year or so lol

What cha parking in there Phreak you need 5 car garage lol :rofl:

ercchry
11-19-2014, 02:12 PM
this market is so fucked :nut:

was the offer above asking too? :rofl:

JordanLotoski
11-19-2014, 03:06 PM

Don't know if it went over list, I will update once sales firm

Xtrema
11-19-2014, 03:10 PM

Location is good. Like I said, this would be $1M+ in Hamptons and it's at least extra 30mins to downtown on an average day.

ercchry
11-19-2014, 03:11 PM

Location is good. Like I said, this would be $1M+ in Hamptons and it's at least extra 30mins to downtown on an average day.

but its not the hamptons... just look around the area at what else is for sale

msommers
11-19-2014, 03:20 PM

Which begs the question, why the hell are the Hamptons so pricey

Xtrema
11-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by msommers

Which begs the question, why the hell are the Hamptons so pricey

Who knows. Last place that's a bungalow with a walkout and a golf course view when for around $1.1M. Older 2 storey units that doesn't have walkout or view goes for mid $700s. Hardly anything is under $600K now unless it needs lots of work.