PDA

View Full Version : Lenovo Vibe X2. dual sim, octacore, under $400

Toma
11-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Well shit. Dual sim phones not very popular here, but I ordered one of these up because I have 2 numbers and hate carrying 2 phones.

Seems it shoukd work with wind, and decent bang for the buck. Other one was the ASUS zenfone, but lacks the 1700 frequency wind needs, but also looks solid for the money

A790
11-17-2014, 03:14 PM
Can you post a review when you get it?

Xtrema
11-17-2014, 03:19 PM
One Micro Sim and one Nano Sim, interesting layout, why not both nano?

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/lenovo-vibe-x2-1954

Sounds like basically a N5 with dual sim spec wise.

Toma
11-17-2014, 03:47 PM
Sopposedly faster processor than nexus5, more memory than my nexus5, and the wifes and mine have been quirky from day one. I have issues withe the browser, and she has to keep hangouts messages deleted, or it freezes, especially with photos. Weird we have different quirks same phones. Oh, and I pocket dial people at least 3x a day lol.

Also, iv broken the screen on mine nexus5 now for the fourth time and at 175 each, I decided time to try and carry one less phone.

My vibe x2 was 319us on alieexpress, plus 8 shipping dhl from china. Theres supposedly a cool real bamboo rear version as well. Exchange sucks now though. Hope it works lol.

Xtrema
11-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Definitely do a review and especially Aliexpress. I have heard so much fake stuff on there.

Toma
11-17-2014, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Definitely do a review and especially Aliexpress. I have heard so much fake stuff on there.

Lol.... hope not fake lol

Dario (builds turbo kits/shares shop with me) has used then for wastegates and turbos.... he found the company that makes on3 turbos, half price, you can even see where the grind off the on3 logo lol. All good so far.

Toma
11-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Shit. Got a second one coming from ebay. Made an offer, it was declined, made same offer again and just got accepted email Hahaha. But 350 I stead of 320.... damn it lol. Guess the wife gets a new phone too.

Xtrema
11-17-2014, 04:28 PM
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/lenovo-vibe-x2-1954-vs-lg-google-nexus-5-1115

It's not faster in sense of speed but 4 more cores. Definitely good specs for under $400. So who will fix it if unit is a fail? Will Lenovo Canada or US honor warranty? Lenovo Canada doesn't even offer phones on their website.

Neil4Speed
11-17-2014, 04:28 PM
This looks really great, I was shopping around for a dual sim phone until I was told that I am not allowed to use my own device at my company...

Toma
11-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
This looks really great, I was shopping around for a dual sim phone until I was told that I am not allowed to use my own device at my company...

Since the asus zenfone is a no go with wind, I was secondas away from ordering the sony z3 dual.... but the price was killing me lol.

Toma
11-27-2014, 11:03 PM
Welll.... shit. It's gorgeous phone, but it's half in Chinese, and even though the specs say it SHOULD work with wind, I cant get it to show it as wind home, its just wind away (roaming).....

grrrr.

jwslam
11-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed
I was told that I am not allowed to use my own device at my company...
I didn't ask, so it's only illegal if I get caught right?

Originally posted by Toma
Welll.... shit. It's gorgeous phone, but it's half in Chinese, and even though the specs say it SHOULD work with wind, I cant get it to show it as wind home, its just wind away (roaming).....

grrrr.
Maybe it's a rom you can flash, and a modem you can flash. As for the Chinese thing... sometimes I put my phone into Chinese on purpose just as a random paranoia I have for the people who look over my shoulder, then I realize I don't understand all the translated technical jargon when I need to go into settings. :rofl:

Neil4Speed
11-28-2014, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by jwslam

I didn't ask, so it's only illegal if I get caught right?

Well, yeah, true, but I had a problem in that when I tried to set up exchange on my current phone it wouldn't set me as the device wasn't authorized by our internal IT department.