PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb Bread

hockeybronx
03-07-2004, 12:10 AM
This is a warning about Low Carb Bread.

So I work at a bread factory in the southeast...Westons Bakeries. We are allowed to eat all the bread we want during our breaks, so I usually eat about a loaf per 10 hour shift.

So today I grab a loaf of the new "Carb Counter Bread" by Oroweat, 100% Whole Wheat to be exact.

Man after I finished the loaf everything went wrong with my body. I went home and took a huge dump, then when I got to my hockey game I took another dump and this time my crap was GREEN?:barf:

I don't know what the deal is here, but I'm staying away from that shit from now on, maybe that's the deal with nutrition these days, the food causes you to lose pounds through your ass everyday:nut:

YCB
03-07-2004, 02:48 AM
i heard if ur crap is green u have like 48 hours to live :rofl: :rofl:

hockeybronx
03-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by YCB
i heard if ur crap is green u have like 48 hours to live :rofl: :rofl:

Well, I'm going to hell... Who's coming with me?

toyboy88
03-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Yeah, and it's so F-ing expensive. Superstore sells Atkin Low Carb Bread for 6$ a loaf (454 grams)!!!!!!!!
HOLY S**T!:eek: :eek:

nismodrifter
03-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx

Well, I'm going to hell... Who's coming with me?

"somebody PLEASE HELP HIM......I think hockeybronx has gone crazzzzzy";)

if the bread is junk then I guess you guys will end up makin bread balls out of it or something and chucking it at each other:dunno::D

hockeybronx
03-07-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
if the bread is junk then I guess you guys will end up makin bread balls out of it or something and chucking it at each other:dunno::D

No we do that regardless of the quality of the bread. We have this one kind called Danish Rye. Each loaf is like a freaking brick. When we pick orders we throw it on the ground step on it and put it on the tray, it's still as good as new.

Do you have any idea how much it hurts while you are trying to wheel a stack onto a trailer and you get smoked in the side of the face with a loaf?:banghead:

nismodrifter
03-07-2004, 02:39 PM

Do you have any idea how much it hurts while you are trying to wheel a stack onto a trailer and you get smoked in the side of the face with a loaf?:banghead:

lol no because I don't work at that POS place:D

szw
03-07-2004, 04:08 PM
Do you make marble rye?

hockeybronx
03-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by szw
Do you make marble rye?

Nope, never heard of it.

For rye's we make:
Light Rye 900g
Light Rye 450g
Whole Wheat Rye
Dark Rye
Potatoe Rye
Danish Rye
Land Rye
Alberta Rye
Double Deli Rye
5/8 inch sliced Double Rye

sputnik
03-08-2004, 08:09 AM
I crap green pretty consistantly after drinking grape juice

Jassie
04-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Low carb bread is stupid. Get Ezekial bread( It doesn't have glouton in it, so it's easy for body to digest it and notturn it into sugars.)

xkon
04-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

"somebody PLEASE HELP HIM......I think hockeybronx has gone crazzzzzy";)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i had some of that bread last week, i liked it... no green poo for me though

hockeybronx
04-09-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by xkon

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i had some of that bread last week, i liked it... no green poo for me though

Yeah the key is that you didn't eat a whole loaf of it in a 12 hour shift.

RSeXy
04-12-2004, 11:03 PM
uhmmmm

*yuck*

anyways, my friend's sister bought that stuff. ...and after reading this thread, i am not going to try it. haha

i have cut back on carbs anyways as i get super lazy and tired as soon as i eat them.

CKY
04-16-2004, 02:24 AM
sounds like shit, but can you tell the difference in taste if you compare it to normal bread?

btw, we have a poo stare'er here, jkjk

Ducati
04-22-2004, 11:07 AM

Man after I finished the loaf everything went wrong with my body. I went home and took a huge dump, then when I got to my hockey game I took another dump and this time my crap was GREEN?:barf:

I have been searching for the cause of green shit my entire adult life.
So far, without success.

Are there any medical professionals on this forum who could provide some insight into this disturbing, and seemingly not entirely unique, gastrointestinal anomoly?

Ducati
04-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Aha! What a Godsend. I just joined a health forum (under the handle "Green Feces" - thanks for the inspiration) and received a speedy reply:

"Dear Green Feces,

It is not gross; it’s actually a very good question. There are many reasons why a person’s stool (feces) could be green, none of them serious. The mostly obvious cause would be from eating green food. Green, leafy vegetables contain chlorophyll, which can color the stool green. Foods that have certain kind of additives, such as artificial flavors or colors, may also have a greening effect. For younger children eating a green crayons or green paint will also do the trick. Iron supplements or even iron rich food can lend a green hue to stool.

A stool can also appear green for physical reasons and not just because of what you ate. The bile that is secreted in the first part of the small intestine is actually green. As a stool passes through the large intestine it is turned into a darker brown color. If a stool is still green by the time it is excreted, it could mean that it passed through the large intestine too fast to be changed in color. This mostly occurs in cases of diarrhea, which can be an indication of other problems or lead to dehydration.

If you continue to have a green stool or have blood in your stool, chronic diarrhea or your bowel habits change in any other way then you should consult with a doctor. These could be signals of a more serious problem...."

Thats great.
Now, if only I could find out the causes of these painful boils all over my back that have little faces on them. Hell, I've even got another ear growing on my shoulder.

Ferio_vti
04-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Low carb bread is such a scam. I was checking them out at Co-op, and you only get about 2-4grams less of carbs per slice. And it cost 4 times more than normal bread.

CKY
04-23-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Ducati
If you continue to have a green stool or have blood in your stool, chronic diarrhea or your bowel habits change in any other way then you should consult with a doctor. These could be signals of a more serious problem...."

:rofl: