PDA

View Full Version : Bad idea to inquire after sending resume?

Vmack
11-25-2014, 06:42 PM
So I'm still a student, going to be doing my clinical placement in Ottawa. I am from Winnipeg and want to move back once I'm done school. I will be working in MRI, and there are not a ton of jobs as is, but should be in the future.

A new posting went up in a small town outside of Winnipeg for a full time position, it stated students were encouraged to apply. So I sent my resume and cover letter after fine tuning it.
I recently came across info that suggests they sometimes offer return of service deals, and figured they may be open to me doing my placement there instead of Ottawa if I agree to work there. Obviously this is all speculation as I just applied and haven't heard anything (and may not hear back at all).

But would it be worth reaching out to them later in the week or next week to ask about doing my placement there or if its possible? Or should I just wait and see if they even contact me? The posting closes on Friday.

Tik-Tok
11-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Vmack

But would it be worth reaching out to them later in the week or next week to ask about doing my placement there or if its possible? Or should I just wait and see if they even contact me? The posting closes on Friday.

I would call. At least you'll find out if it's possible to work there, and actually talking to someone on the phone will be a little more personal then just a resume (like the hundreds of others they're getting)

Vmack
11-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I would call. At least you'll find out if it's possible to work there, and actually talking to someone on the phone will be a little more personal then just a resume (like the hundreds of others they're getting)

should I call sooner or wait a few days or early next week?

HomespunLobster
11-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Every job I have got I called back. Inquired if they have had a chance to look at my resume. I was told by the person hiring that I showed initiative and that I wanted the job.