PDA

View Full Version : Hit a plateau in my night time runs

JimmyJones
11-27-2014, 03:21 AM
've always found running super boring but turns out my ass gets huge when I stop so I had to find ways to make it fun and keep it fun, when I lived downtown I'd run through inner city / cemeteries / wilderness parks at night and discovered that when you run alone at night for the most part people tend to leave you the eff alone and when they don't I'm already warmed up and they're not... see ya later cracky. WARNING:dudes on PCP can run pretty quickly but are generally not focused enough to maintain. I was once running down this ally next to a cemetery on a dark and foggy night and this woman and a large white dog was walking down towards me, when she saw me she immediately changed direction and fled like I was chasing her, boy was she surprised when I passed her old ass before she even made it to the end of the ally and continued on my marry motherfucking way.

Anyways I moved up north recently and have started running at night about 7-10 k at nose hill which is an extremely large, hilly park.. Its really cool up there at night, you can see the airport and downtown, the city light and moon tend to provide enough lighting 7/10 times. I recently bought a headlamp for the light for the other 3/10 times. Funny thing is the headlamp have a night vision setting which illuminates two bright red led bulbs which look like demon eyes, several people have fled at mere glance of me when they see my menacing floating eyes of hell, careening towards them at break-neck speeds,cloaked in darkness and hell-bent on collection their mortal soul.

But alas, even this is getting boring and I need motivation.At this point I really can't go back to treadmill running so I gotta spice this up again.

Thanks!

revelations
11-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Im a night runner as well, 11pm usually is my time. I would always wear black and jog in the shadows in Princess Island Park as to not draw unwanted attention from anyone. Unless Im someplace unusual (eg dense forest), I never wear a headlight.

I have a treadmill tooi but I have a laptop that I watch YT documentaries on it during use, with wireless headphones (30$). Staring at a wall for 1/2 hr would get too crazy.

buh_buh
11-30-2014, 02:44 AM
Doesn't work for me, but for some is an app called Zombies, Run. Basically an app that mimics you being chased by zombies so you have to run faster or slower based on what's happening. Turns it into a bit of a video game. Like I said, doesn't work for me but I have friends that love it. Worth a shot to keep running interesting, especially for a night runner.

R!zz0
03-11-2015, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by revelations
with wireless headphones (30$)

Wireless headphones for $30 bucks? Where bro?