PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Junk Mail!!!

GingeRRRBeef
03-07-2004, 03:22 AM
Is anybody else getting flooded with those "Mail Delivery Subsystem"/"Mail delivery failed" spoof spams????

I've been getting this massive flood of them since this tomorrow and nothing else is getting through to my hotmail because it keeps putting me over my storage capacity.

Arrrghhh!!! :banghead: Just needed to vent!

nismodrifter
03-07-2004, 03:26 AM
yeh me too

what's the BEST method of getting rid of all this BS mail that I recieve everyday? everything from vitamins to ways I can make millions of dollars in like 2 seconds.....used to get like 3 a day and now for some reason in the last week I have now been getting 25+everyday

GingeRRRBeef
03-07-2004, 03:29 AM
Hotmail has a feature that let's you only receive email into your inbox from addresses that you specifically saved into your address book. And everything else goes to the junk box.

The only problem is that inbox and junk box capacity count for your overall account size limit.

I've had this massive flood before but it didn't last this long.

Seanith
03-07-2004, 12:00 PM
I receive less junk mail than i used to. I only get like 10junk mails a day.. sometimes less.

AquamosH
03-07-2004, 01:02 PM
For my hotmail, I just checked off the option to delete all incoming junk mail right away, with that address book filter on.

403Gemini
03-07-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
Is anybody else getting flooded with those "Mail Delivery Subsystem"/"Mail delivery failed" spoof spams????

I've been getting this massive flood of them since this tomorrow and nothing else is getting through to my hotmail because it keeps putting me over my storage capacity.

Arrrghhh!!! :banghead: Just needed to vent!

yea i used to get a lot of those, 95% of them have viruses so i hope you got your virus scan up lol (or just dont download anything off em heh)

hockeybronx
03-07-2004, 03:00 PM
Ah I'm so glad I don't have to deal with that problem. I have one main e-mail address, and then one for professional stuff, and another for Beyond stuff.

The main one get's 3-5 e-mails everyday from friends and ZERO junk e-mails.

The professional one gets like 5 e-mails everyday that are all 25 KB which are obviously viruses so I never get them.

The Beyond one gets like 20 emails a day from Beyond and ZERO junk e-mails.

I don't know why you guys bother with Hotmail. The first and third e-mail addresses of mine are Eminem/Loadmail.com e-mail addresses, and must I remind you zero junk e-mail!

The second address is a Shaw account.

A2VR6
03-08-2004, 12:21 AM
After 2 years of putting up with the 100 or so spam emails i get in a few days with my hotmail, it has now dropped to about 1 or 2 a day. I guess they got tired of sending stuff to me?