PDA

View Full Version : WTB: EVC - Greddy Profec B Spec II / any HKS

nictlg
03-07-2004, 06:32 AM
Like the title says. I have been doing a lot of research on this. I have been told the HKS are the better EVC's. They have a better "stepping-motor" which will control boost more accurately and safely. The Greddy does not have this, I don't believe, but it does have "fuzzy logic" which determines how much boost is going into the intake manifold, and adjusts the boost to match. So you don't overboost, get any boost leak/spikes, or have any of those problems. I am very interested in the Greddy Profec B Spec II. I found a site selling one new for $295, but I think it is too good to be true. I am going to call them Monday. In the meantime, if anyone is selling one, please sell it to me!! If I don't find a better deal, and this company is legit, I will buy that one. I have a backup site selling one for $305, and the HKS EVC EZ II for $359. Those are the best deals I have found so far. I bought my MBC for $45, so you can see why I am trying to save money. I just decided I didn't like the concept of an MBC not being able to control the boost as accurately, and having "boost leak" or whatever it is called. I blew an engine already with stock boost levels, I want to be safe if I adjust my boost now. Please let me know if anyone has any info. Thanks! Work - [email protected] or Home - [email protected]

rage2
03-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by nictlg
I am very interested in the Greddy Profec B Spec II. I found a site selling one new for $295, but I think it is too good to be true.
Not too good to be true, that's about the right price on the net.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2464728971&category=42610

That one is selling for $285usd + $20usd shipping. I bought 2 a few months ago at $274usd no shipping.

Originally posted by nictlg
Like the title says. I have been doing a lot of research on this. I have been told the HKS are the better EVC's. They have a better "stepping-motor" which will control boost more accurately and safely. The Greddy does not have this, I don't believe, but it does have "fuzzy logic" which determines how much boost is going into the intake manifold, and adjusts the boost to match. So you don't overboost, get any boost leak/spikes, or have any of those problems.

All electronic boost controllers use stepping motors to control boost. The HKS and the Profec B are beginner level EBC's, set boost, set gain, and that's it. Nothing to customize. The AVC-R and the E-01 has way more options for more advanced boost options (gear specific boost, speed specific boost, etc).

Good luck with your search.

Redlyne_mr2
03-07-2004, 12:50 PM
I know of someone selling a brand new one for 550CAD, its brand new and a private sale so theres rooms for bargaining

rage2
03-07-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I know of someone selling a brand new one for 550CAD, its brand new and a private sale so theres rooms for bargaining
Brand new what? Profec or HKS?

nictlg
03-08-2004, 03:23 AM
Yeah, let me know what brand it is, as well as the price USD. I am lazy...I could find a currency converter site, but I figure you know you to convert prices if you buy from US sellers often. Also, you may all be interested to know I work at Nissan North American Headquarters, and I have hookups all over the place. I know the owner of places like Options Auto Salon. I was just trying to see if I can beat their deals. Not to mention, I don't want to keep bothering them to lower my price. However, I can always find things that may be hard to find in Canada. We can help each other out ;)

nictlg
07-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Did anyone ever find one of these less than $280 shipped? I was supposed to get one from Greddy themselves for about $260, but I have not heard about it for months. I think I have given up, but I don't want to pay much more than $280 for one, now that I know how cheap I could have gotten it. Whoever paid $274 got a steal!! I would take one of those off your hands for sure! At any rate, let me know if anyone has any info on this. As you can see, it has been a long time, and I still can't find a good deal on one. Thanks!!
[email protected]