PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Squad

beecue
12-02-2014, 06:15 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/official-suicide-squad-star-will-753470

Wow, that's a great cast. I love David Ayer movies as well so it should be pretty good.

firebane
12-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Eh.. I think the cast could be done so much better.. especially with Will Smith.

beecue
07-13-2015, 02:32 PM
PLLQK9la6Go

firebane
07-13-2015, 02:36 PM
Going to say Leto will do a good job but fuck Smith is just so blah.

J.M.
07-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Looking forward to this but damn still 1 year away haha

jampack
07-14-2015, 03:02 AM
DAMN Joker! :thumbsup:

JordanEG6
07-14-2015, 01:55 PM
Casting for the recent DC movies aren't great. Not sure I like the idea of having Will Smith as Deadshot. Arrow's version I could buy, but not Will Smith's.

Ben Affleck and Jesse Eisenberg too :banghead:

Joker looks pretty cool tho.

klumsy_tumbler
07-15-2015, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by JordanEG6
Casting for the recent DC movies aren't great. Not sure I like the idea of having Will Smith as Deadshot. Arrow's version I could buy, but not Will Smith's.

I would agree. I actually really liked the casting done for Arrow, and was hoping that they would carry it through to the big screen.

SmAcKpOo
07-15-2015, 11:35 AM

Ben Affleck and Jesse Eisenberg too :banghead:

Joker looks pretty cool tho.

I think you'll be surprised by Affleck and Eisenberg. Both are quite good actors.

People judge Affleck by his older stuff but he really hasn't done a bad movie in the last few years.

firebane
07-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by SmAcKpOo

I think you'll be surprised by Affleck and Eisenberg. Both are quite good actors.

People judge Affleck by his older stuff but he really hasn't done a bad movie in the last few years.

Please tell me the last GOOD movie Affleck did?

rx7boi
07-15-2015, 12:04 PM
Will Smith is a terrible casting decision.

Dude is too cheesy for a comic movie.

Oh well, DC's been trying to up their game but they're no Marvel.

I never read Suicide Squad so I'll give Leto's Joker a try. Not feeling it so far.

Quizzes
07-15-2015, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by firebane

Argo was great!

firebane
07-15-2015, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Quizzes

Argo was great!

LOL please. They could have used any other actor and the movie would have been the same.

Dave P
07-15-2015, 12:22 PM
The Town was pretty good I thought :dunno:

JordanEG6
07-15-2015, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by SmAcKpOo

I agree they are good actors, but the role must suit them. You can be Daniel Day Lewis for an Oscar winning role, but he wouldn't necessarily fit the role of Batman.

For me personally, I can't see Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne, because he is simply too famous and has been in too many movies to play such an iconic role. Although the Batman and Robin movie was utter garbage wall-to-wall, a big part of it was having George Clooney as Bruce Wayne.

IMO, it has to be an up and comer. I can't buy Affleck as Bruce Wayne if he was once in Dare Devil (Shit movie BTW), Gone Girl, The Town, Argo, Dogma etc.

Same with Will Smith. Why is the Fresh Prince even touching an anti-hero role that suits 100 more actors who fit the bill a lot better (and probably cheaper too).

Xtrema
07-15-2015, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
The Town was pretty good I thought :dunno:

Probably because he is natural at being Bostonian, like Good Will Hunting.

Still I will give him benefit of doubts of being Batman.

IMO, it has to be an up and comer. I can't buy Affleck as Bruce Wayne if he was once in Dare Devil (Shit movie BTW), Gone Girl, The Town, Argo, Dogma etc.

This will work for Batman Year One or Batman Begins. Not here. Having Bale back would be nice but doesn't quite work either as this isn't Gotham of the Nolan Trilogy.

Meh, Affleck may pulled it off.

Suicide Squad on the other hand, it's going to be a though sell. BvS better hit it out of the park for the lead in.

Quizzes
07-15-2015, 04:21 PM

LOL please. They could have used any other actor and the movie would have been the same.

You can pretty much say that about any actor. Did you know he directed Argo too?

know1edge
07-15-2015, 05:32 PM

403Gemini
07-15-2015, 05:52 PM
Common should have been Deadshot

http://www.superiorpics.com/movie_pictures/mp/2007_Smokin'_Aces/2007_smokin_aces_020.jpg

Argo, Gone Girl, The Town

A lot of his newer stuff is good

beecue
01-19-2016, 09:58 PM
CmRih_VtVAs

Margot Robbie doe!

l/l/rX
01-20-2016, 12:48 AM
wow! that was an awesome trailer! im stoked!

sputnik
01-20-2016, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Argo, Gone Girl, The Town

A lot of his newer stuff is good

The Company Men was also pretty good.

TomcoPDR
10-23-2016, 03:14 AM
A little disappointed with the plot and execution. Just a "meh" from me.

Dumbass17
10-23-2016, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
A little disappointed with the plot and execution. Just a "meh" from me.

Same. It had potential but I ended up shutting it off with 20minutes left.

eiysa101
10-23-2016, 12:15 PM
so what are people's thought on Batfleck now? He's doing the next solo Batman film and with his recent track record = high hopes.

schurchill39
10-24-2016, 01:38 PM
I had high hopes for suicide squad but it sucked. There was very little continuity to the story, you knew which character was going to get killed right away based on the time they spent on their back story. The only saving grace was how hot Margot Robbie was.

My_name_is_Rob
10-24-2016, 07:15 PM
I'm kinda surprised how many people didn't like it. I enjoyed it, but I also didn't watch it for the story line, or lack thereof.

As far as Affleck as Batman. I will never watch another one of those. I couldn't even make it through Batman vs. Superman. :banghead:

r3ccOs
11-11-2016, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by My_name_is_Rob
I'm kinda surprised how many people didn't like it. I enjoyed it, but I also didn't watch it for the story line, or lack thereof.

As far as Affleck as Batman. I will never watch another one of those. I couldn't even make it through Batman vs. Superman. :banghead:

it wasn't bad... Maggie did an amazing job of Harley

its funny how they hyped the film in the trailers with Joker, however he wasn't even barely a supporting character.

lots of cornyness but to be expected, wasn't "Awful"