PDA

View Full Version : Cop kills a man he choked out... no charges again.

Toma
12-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Wowzers.

http://www.alternet.org/civil-liberties/cop-who-choked-staten-island-man-death-wont-be-indicted

Kloubek
12-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Hopefully this isn't going to be another Ferguson.

Why is it when a white cop does something to a black person, it MUST have something to do with race. We live in a multi-cultural society people... it happens.

BavarianBeast
12-03-2014, 04:19 PM
yeaaaaah.

Choke out somebody on camera.. It was just a headlock, nothing to see here folks.

Toma
12-03-2014, 04:20 PM
No, not in New York. Most New Yorkers are very "left leaning" IMO

Toma
12-03-2014, 04:22 PM
Well, maybe there is hope after all....

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gillibrand-eric-garner-chokehold-department-of-justice

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) will urge the Department of Justice to investigate the death of Eric Garner in response to the news on Wednesday that the police officer involved in the chokehold incident resulting in Garner's death wouldn't be charged.

Gillibrand's office released a statement quoting her saying she was "shocked" and would push for the Department of Justice to investigate the incident.

Here's the full statement:

While this decision is shocking, I want to echo the statement of a wide range of leaders inside and outside of government who are urging that protests remain peaceful in the aftermath of this decision. The death of Eric Garner is a tragedy that demands accountability. Nobody unarmed should die on a New York City street corner for suspected low-level offenses. I’m shocked by this grand jury decision, and will be calling on the Department of Justice to investigate.

http://a5.img.talkingpointsmemo.com/image/upload/c_fill,fl_keep_iptc,g_faces,h_365,w_652/vhbgszksbdmkds6tn4rl.jpg

FraserB
12-03-2014, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Why is it when a white cop does something to a black person, it MUST have something to do with race. We live in a multi-cultural society people... it happens.

Because race baiting sells ad time and clicks. No one is going to go nuts and re-tweet/re-post a story about a back cop killing a white guy. Basically what people are saying is that it is totally fine for blacks to commit crimes, resist arrest and then cry race when the police try to arrest them. If you don't get an indictment, bitch about how the cop trying to arrest you for breaking the law was violating your civil rights.

Either way, there were a bunch of other factors that the coroner found were directly linked to his death, not just him being detained by police during the commission of a crime. Not surprisingly, your linked article didn't bother with that part of the story.

J.M.
12-03-2014, 04:43 PM
What about the white guy in Florida who shot at some unarmed black kids at a gas station because of their loud rap music. He got a life sentence with no parole for 3 counts of attempted murder and got + 90 years for killing one of the kids after a retrial. This shit got swept under the rug quickly but you can count on it that there would be some rioting if he didn't go to prison.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/17/us-usa-florida-shooting-idUSKCN0I61Q620141017

clem24
12-03-2014, 04:47 PM
No shit.. Nothing to do with Race. If you don't want to be choked/shot by a cop, don't do stupid things. 'nuff said.

Toma
12-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Cops. Instead of being held to higher standards, seem to be exempt from normal and moral human behaviour.

I truly wonder what would happen if the colours in these prevalent incidences were reversed.

FraserB
12-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Toma
I truly wonder what would happen if the colours in these prevalent incidences were reversed.

Black cop would have shot white suspect. Only difference would have been that there would be no national media coverage, no race baiting speeches by Sharpton and Jackson, Obama would remain mute on the subject and no one would demand that the federal government investigate to see if civil rights were violated.

BavarianBeast
12-03-2014, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by clem24
No shit.. Nothing to do with Race. If you don't want to be choked/shot by a cop, don't do stupid things. 'nuff said.

He was suspected of selling loose cigarettes - not drug running, not trafficking firearms, not assaulting people, literally just cigarettes. And you react that violently, and then slowly kill a man, on camera, and a jury will still not indict you?
Please, please, someone come in here and give me the jury's logic, because I can't see any way in which this is okay.

Toma
12-03-2014, 05:16 PM
Awesome. Fresh off the press....

Even the UN acknowledges Americas problem with police brutality.

http://m.democracynow.org/stories/14819

codetrap
12-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Interesting.. I agree with the verdict. There's not enough evidence to say that the chokehold killed him. I could clearly hear the guy saying over and over "I can't breathe... I can't breathe"... uh.. if you can't breath, you can't talk. The medical examiner ruled that his death was partly caused by the chokehold, partly by the compression of being held down by several cops, and partly by his already poor health.

It seems that people simply can't learn the lesson of "don't resist arrest", and bad things won't happen.

spikerS
12-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Black cop would have shot white suspect. Only difference would have been that there would be no national media coverage, no race baiting speeches by Sharpton and Jackson, Obama would remain mute on the subject and no one would demand that the federal government investigate to see if civil rights were violated.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-inmCFN9Pegg/VHWFc16DNMI/AAAAAAAACNE/0bvcc8xheo0/s1600/oj_riots.jpg

Toma
12-03-2014, 06:31 PM
I'm sorry.... But wasn't OJ at least charged?

Was he a cop assasinting someone under the guise of authority?

Duh.

White people riot after hockey games. Not lowly murders.

spikerS
12-03-2014, 06:36 PM
:facepalm:

max_boost
12-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by spikerS

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-inmCFN9Pegg/VHWFc16DNMI/AAAAAAAACNE/0bvcc8xheo0/s1600/oj_riots.jpg

Only thing I was thinking was WTF. Damn his lawyers are good. lol

Nitro5
12-03-2014, 06:52 PM

Duh.

Love your inflammatory language. I'd like to see your source that the cop premeditated killing the guy. If you say he assassinated him, you damn be better be able to show the intent.

You should really try to apply your own standards to yourself sometime.

max_boost
12-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Can't you do wrestling styles and put him to sleep temporarily and not forever??

Nitro5
12-03-2014, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Can't you do wrestling styles and put him to sleep temporarily and not forever??

http://youtu.be/j1ka4oKu1jo

BerserkerCatSplat
12-03-2014, 07:35 PM
assasinting

http://i.imgur.com/au8Kb.jpg

Arash Boodagh
12-03-2014, 07:36 PM
I read other car forums like B.C.'s RevScene and YellowBullet about these incidences and Im pretty convinced that most people have been raised up to be some what psychopathic.

These people lack remorse and empathy and feel emotion only shallowly. In extreme cases, they might not care whether you live or die. These people are called psychopaths. .

BgweRroogKg

ddduke
12-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Maybe it's the attitude of blacks in the states that's part of the problem. Watch this video (I don't know how to embed). All these random black guys first reaction is violence, they don't think, they don't talk back just start swinging over nothing. None of these guys are in danger, their safety isn't being threatened, nothing.

I know the video is stupid but the reactions of the people in it is what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lzZX-XsG6Y

Kloubek
12-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
Im pretty convinced that most people have been raised up to be some what psychopathic.

Of course you are.

broken_legs
12-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast

He was suspected of selling loose cigarettes - not drug running, not trafficking firearms, not assaulting people, literally just cigarettes. And you react that violently, and then slowly kill a man, on camera, and a jury will still not indict you?
Please, please, someone come in here and give me the jury's logic, because I can't see any way in which this is okay.

Simple. This is the same as in every police-get-off-free trial. The jury only looks at whether or not the police officer did his job correctly. Ie Did he act within the "policies" of the police department. The answer, even if morally aprehensible, is always yes. Even if the jury thinks this cop flew off the handle and killed this guy, the argument will be brought "was there a potwntial risk to the officer? If so did he handle the situation within policy"

We have a situation where police departments can write their own policies that supersede actual laws. If the cops follow the bullshit policy where their safety is paramount over innicent people, they are actually doimg their jibs correctly

Right now in the US, 400-500 innocent civilians die each year at the hands of police. While only 150-200 police are killed each year, that number accounts for traffic deaths, falling down manholes and anything else. The actual number of police that die from violent criminals is not as high as the overall number.

So basicalky we have a situation where policy dictates cops can kill 4-5 innocent people "just in case" to protect every cop that is actually under a real threat during an arrest or some other violent situation.

Someome needs to challenge the policies not the cops. There has to be civilian oversight.

Nitro5
12-03-2014, 08:52 PM
As soon as someone verbally or physically resists arrest the cops should just walk away. Don't feel like a ticket, don't stop. Don't want to be arrested for whatever just get confrontational. Cop just goes away.

I think that will solve everything.

theken
12-03-2014, 08:54 PM
Blood chokes as opposed to air chokes will put someone asleep in seconds. Literally 4-6 seconds as opposed to minutes

broken_legs
12-03-2014, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Nitro5
As soon as someone verbally or physically resists arrest the cops should just walk away. Don't feel like a ticket, don't stop. Don't want to be arrested for whatever just get confrontational. Cop just goes away.

I think that will solve everything.

Whats your opinion on the number of innocent people killed by police each year?

Do you have a real idea on how police can serve and protect innocent people as well as themselves?

broken_legs
12-03-2014, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by ddduke
Maybe it's the attitude of blacks in the states that's part of the problem. Watch this video (I don't know how to embed). All these random black guys first reaction is violence, they don't think, they don't talk back just start swinging over nothing. None of these guys are in danger, their safety isn't being threatened, nothing.

I know the video is stupid but the reactions of the people in it is what I'm talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lzZX-XsG6Y

Go try this in Marborough Mall and let me know what the % is and skin colour of people that attempt to fuck you up.

phil98z24
12-03-2014, 09:15 PM
None of this even close to true. I know it fits the narrative you want, but reality is far from your assertion of the "truth" in this matter.

Originally posted by broken_legs

Simple. This is the same as in every police-get-off-free trial. The jury only looks at whether or not the police officer did his job correctly. Ie Did he act within the "policies" of the police department. The answer, even if morally aprehensible, is always yes. Even if the jury thinks this cop flew off the handle and killed this guy, the argument will be brought "was there a potwntial risk to the officer? If so did he handle the situation within policy"

We have a situation where police departments can write their own policies that supersede actual laws. If the cops follow the bullshit policy where their safety is paramount over innicent people, they are actually doimg their jibs correctly

Right now in the US, 400-500 innocent civilians die each year at the hands of police. While only 150-200 police are killed each year, that number accounts for traffic deaths, falling down manholes and anything else. The actual number of police that die from violent criminals is not as high as the overall number.

So basicalky we have a situation where policy dictates cops can kill 4-5 innocent people "just in case" to protect every cop that is actually under a real threat during an arrest or some other violent situation.

Someome needs to challenge the policies not the cops. There has to be civilian oversight.

broken_legs
12-03-2014, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by phil98z24
None of this even close to true. I know it fits the narrative you want, but reality is far from your assertion of the "truth" in this matter.

Which part? Tell me how it is, im open to changing my opinion. Im only working with the info I have.

I can produce the numbers I quoted and a zillion headlines where police and others say the cops "followed policy".

help me out.

FraserB
12-03-2014, 09:36 PM
This guy wasn't an innocent civilian though. He was a convicted felon with 30+ convictions going back 27 years. At the time of this incident, he was awaiting trial on charges stemming from what he was caught doing when the undercover cops approached him.

He refused to comply with a lawful arrest and had a significant physical advantage on the cops. He also did not die from asphyxiation; there was in fact, no injuries to his throat or neck bones. He died from a heart attack in an ambulance on the way to the hospital. The NY coroner stated that his significant pre-existing medical issues directly contributed to his death.

This is another case of someone thinking that if he resists the cops, they'll just go away and then winds up shocked when they don't. Best way to avoid these situations? Don't break the law. If you insist on doing so, comply with the cops when your dumb ass gets busted for the 30 something odd time.

Nitro5
12-03-2014, 09:38 PM

Whats your opinion on the number of innocent people killed by police each year?

Do you have a real idea on how police can serve and protect innocent people as well as themselves?

Just wondering where you are getting your figures from? Or by innocent do you mean any person who comes in contact with the police regardless of the situation?

Now it's hard to find fast and hard stats, but you seem to lu,p any death caused by police as an innocent. If that's the case my comment stands. The cops should just walk away.

Toma
12-03-2014, 10:03 PM
What's cool is that last year, in Utah, cops murdered more people than did the gangs.

Yeah. Let's blame the victims.

She was drunk.
Her skirt was too short....

Fucking wankers.

phil98z24
12-03-2014, 10:32 PM

Which part? Tell me how it is, im open to changing my opinion. Im only working with the info I have.

I can produce the numbers I quoted and a zillion headlines where police and others say the cops "followed policy".

help me out.

When I'm not on an iPhone I'll happily do that for you. :)

rx7_turbo2
12-03-2014, 10:56 PM
The NY coroner stated that his significant pre-existing medical issues directly contributed to his death.

You mean the fact he was morbidly obese among other issues might have played a factor? Shocker :rofl:

Anybody who's watched one episode of Cops knows the second that some asshat yells "I can't breath" and the officers loosen up their grip the clown tries to run away. I imagine Toma is suggesting officers have cuddled him into submission, maybe butterfly kisses till he drifted off to never never land :nut:

With this guys record there's a pretty good chance his life was gonna end at the hand of another thug, an officer, or the next cheese burger. I fail to see how this is news worthy. Shitty human got to act shitty one last time, everyone move along.

gatorade
12-03-2014, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by spikerS

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/riot36.jpg?w=940&h=705

Yeah, they riot when their football or hockey team loses

googe
12-04-2014, 01:24 AM
Wow, anything to blame the victim around here, huh?

A city medical examiner found that the 43-year-old Garner was killed by neck compression from the chokehold along with “the compression of his chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police”. Asthma, heart disease and obesity were contributing factors.

The medical examiner did in fact rule that the cause of death was exactly what the cops did. It's not murder, but it is manslaughter.

Also, chokeholds are explicitly banned by NYPD policy, so it wasn't a case of "following policy" gone wrong. It was a case of violating policy leading to negligence causing death. The cop was stripped of his gun and badge for this, which should tell you something about whether or not it was legitimate, and others involved were suspended without pay, including EMTs who failed to provide CPR. Any EMT would have known that he needed medical attention, but instead chose to let him die. That's also a failure.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Eric-Garner-Chokehold-Police-Custody-Cause-of-Death-Staten-Island-Medical-Examiner-269396151.html
Medical Examiner Rules Eric Garner's Death a Homicide, Says He Was Killed By Chokehold

Since some derps want to make the ridiculous assertion that he deserved it for his past charges, let's see what other BS that cop was busted doing:

We are talking, John, about Officer Daniel Pantaleo. And we don't see anything in his history that as extreme as a chokehold like we saw in this case, but we did check the court records, and within the last two years there were three cases where he was sued. Three men accusing him of unlawful racially motivated arrests. Now in one case he and some other officers were -- they took part in a humiliating -- a very humiliating strip search right on the street. They asked these two black men to take their pants down, their underwear down, they made them squat on the street, they made them cough on the street, they took him in overnight, and the charges were later dismissed. Those men actually sued the city and the city actually settled with those men earlier this year.

Yeah, shut up and do what the cops say, right?

Toma
12-04-2014, 01:37 AM
Well, I don't expect anything to come of it, but....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30323750

The US justice department is to launch a civil rights investigation into the death of Eric Garner, a black man who was placed in an apparent chokehold by a white New York police officer.

But what stuns me, is the simple question...... HOW THE FUCK did we allow these fucking neanderthal "might is right" cocksuckers to take over? Complacency? Laziness? Shit parenting since women/mothers had to go to work in the early 80's? Too busy running the treadmill of life to notice this infestation?

Staggering.

rx7_turbo2
12-04-2014, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by googe
Since some derps want to make the ridiculous assertion that he deserved it for his past charges, let's see what other BS that cop was busted doing:

I'll amend my statement then. A shitty human got to act shitty one last time in front of a shitty Cop and got a concrete sandwich as his las meal. I could not care less. No different than if I find out some habitually shitty, corrupt, racist officer gets lit up while acting shitty, corrupt or racist.

Now should there have been an indictment? Sure why not, I'm just saying I don't care the guy is dead.

FraserB
12-04-2014, 08:05 AM
Well, I don't expect anything to come of it, but....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30323750

But what stuns me, is the simple question...... HOW THE FUCK did we allow these fucking neanderthal "might is right" cocksuckers to take over? Complacency? Laziness? Shit parenting since women/mothers had to go to work in the early 80's? Too busy running the treadmill of life to notice this infestation?

Staggering.

I'm sooooo shocked that people are demanding, and got, a civil rights review in a case where a black criminal died in an interaction with police. :rolleyes:

Where are all the people cop bashing and moaning about civil rights when a black cop shoots an unarmed white teenager?

Jackson and Sharpton could be preaching against crime, but it doesn't line their pockets like race baiting does.

jabjab
12-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Hopefully this isn't going to be another Ferguson.

I don't think race matters in this, it's clearly murder of another human being and someone abusing their authority to get away with it.

FraserB
12-04-2014, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by jabjab

I don't think race matters in this, it's clearly murder of another human being and someone abusing their authority to get away with it.

Where was the intent in this case? If it had been the officer's intention to kill Ganer, he would have actually choked him to death. The fact that he didn't have injuries to his throat/neck and didn't die from asphyxia pretty much put that theory to rest.

GTS4tw
12-04-2014, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by gatorade

Due to race?

rx7_turbo2
12-04-2014, 08:33 AM
I don't think race matters in this
I don't think the officer chocked the guy hoping he would die because he's always wanted to kill a black man. But race certainly plays a role in the nonsense that follows. If the officer and dead guy are both white Al Sharpton is still out front getting the crowds all whipped up? Thousands protest around the country? Somehow I doubt it.

codetrap
12-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

I don't think the officer chocked the guy hoping he would die because he's always wanted to kill a black man. But race certainly plays a role in the nonsense that follows. If the officer and dead guy are both white Al Sharpton is still out front getting the crowds all whipped up? Thousands protest around the country? Somehow I doubt it. The moment clowns like Sharpton got involved this stopped being about the guy. The ultimate goal of all those people "fighing da man" is not to improve the rights of anyone, but to capitalize on a shitty situation for their own self aggrandizement. You can bet your sweet ass that Sharpton is sitting there counting his book/interview revenue while he sits in his guarded mansion watching the riots on tv. Guys like him LIVE for this shit, and if it somehow stopped happening on it's own they'd undoubtedly stage incidents in order to keep the money flowing.

A790
12-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Normally I understand the cops perspective on this things like this, but I just can't on this one.

Too much, too often.

The world looks a little more dystopian every day.

GTS4tw
12-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by A790
Normally I understand the cops perspective on this things like this, but I just can't on this one.

Too much, too often.

The world looks a little more dystopian every day.

Too much news. Nothing has changed.

A790
12-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by GTS4tw

Too much news. Nothing has changed.
Perception is reality.

clem24
12-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Don't resist arrest. If you didn't do anything wrong, you won't be charged. It's that simple. Cops don't wake up one day and say "wow I think I'll kill someone today".

R154
12-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by clem24

Don't resist arrest. If you didn't do anything wrong, you won't be charged. It's that simple. Cops don't wake up one day and say "wow I think I'll kill someone today".

That's the very argument Clem. That some cops wake up with the intention to kill someone. People feel like that is what happened here.

eiysa101
12-04-2014, 09:56 AM
what was the reasoning for the jury to not indict? what do they know that the public doesnt? seems fucked that 15 people of mixed backgrounds would agree not to charge the officer with atleast manslaughter

eiysa101
12-04-2014, 09:57 AM
-J-SzqUqIEM

Jon Stewarts thoughts

jabjab
12-04-2014, 10:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz8IL-7qsVU

He is clearly not breathing in this video. They pretend like they are talking to him saying he will be alright. Still have handcuffs on him and one cop is even resting his weight on his arm. EMS is slow to respond and acts like the guy is still alive.

How would you feel if this was your son or father and do you think the police acted responsibly and fulfilled their duties?

rx7_turbo2
12-04-2014, 10:51 AM
How would you feel if this was your son or father and do you think the police acted responsibly and fulfilled their duties?

If those people in my life were career degenerates, who then disobeyed police orders then I'm not sure I'd be all that surprised when I got the news.

If the officer choked the guy out, then left him on the sidewalk and nothing ever came of it I'd have an issue. That's not the case though. A jury of mixed races decided not to indict, that's good enough for me.

jabjab
12-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

If those people in my life were career degenerates, who then disobeyed police orders then I'm not sure I'd be all that surprised when I got the news.

If the officer choked the guy out, then left him on the sidewalk and nothing ever came of it I'd have an issue. That's not the case though. A jury of mixed races decided not to indict, that's good enough for me.

It sounds like because someone is a "career degenerate" they almost are expected to have something like this happen to him. I don't hear him disobeying police orders but then again since he is a "career degenerate" he might not understand them.

Seems to me in the video I posted they just left him on the sidewalk pretending to talk to a dead body. There is a flaw in this jury of mixed races and decided not to indict. It might be good enough for you but a lot of people its not.

Jexie
12-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by gatorade

http://wpmedia.news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/riot36.jpg?w=940&h=705

Or wins! It doesn't take a loss for a bunch of drunk white college kids to go flipping cars.

01RedDX
12-04-2014, 12:06 PM

HiTempguy1
12-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

It's their own fault.

Well at least you got something right for once. Resisting arrest is resisting arrest, doesn't matter what it is for. :dunno: The person in control of what happens in that situation is 100% the criminal committing the crime.

Toma
12-04-2014, 01:54 PM
Selling smokes, resisting arrest, walking down the middle of the street, shop lifting, playing with a bb gun in a park, etc etc.

None according to civilised western law is punishable by death.

And even if it was, I don't want cops to have the authority or have free pass to decide. Simple.

Love it or be a complete moron and hate it, but that's why we have courts, judges, lawyers, jails, fines, juries.

I FULLY believe race was a factor. Especially in the shooting case, as the cops testimony was strewn with stereotypes and I believe crafted by experts to invoke imagery,fear and emotion.

However, that's not really issue. The issue is the cops over reaction, breaking their own rules (drive by policing, or choke holds etc), resulting in a death, without significant consequence.

Cops should ALWAYS be held to higher standards.

Whether we have to pay them more, better screening, better training etc..... It HAS to happen.

The way things are is in unacceptable, and it starts with morons rationalising why the killing was 'OK' or 'unavoidable'.

I guarantee that any of these recent cases, an even half DECENT cop would have had a different outcome that did not involve a death.

FraserB
12-04-2014, 02:19 PM
Selling smokes, resisting arrest, walking down the middle of the street, shop lifting, playing with a bb gun in a park, etc etc.

None according to civilised western law is punishable by death.

And even if it was, I don't want cops to have the authority or have free pass to decide. Simple.

Love it or be a complete moron and hate it, but that's why we have courts, judges, lawyers, jails, fines, juries.

I FULLY believe race was a factor. Especially in the shooting case, as the cops testimony was strewn with stereotypes and I believe crafted by experts to invoke imagery,fear and emotion.

However, that's not really issue. The issue is the cops over reaction, breaking their own rules (drive by policing, or choke holds etc), resulting in a death, without significant consequence.

Cops should ALWAYS be held to higher standards.

Whether we have to pay them more, better screening, better training etc..... It HAS to happen.

The way things are is in unacceptable, and it starts with morons rationalising why the killing was 'OK' or 'unavoidable'.

I guarantee that any of these recent cases, an even half DECENT cop would have had a different outcome that did not involve a death.

The officer wasn't trying to cause him harm. Garner made it clear he would not comply with the officer's legal commands and had a height and weight advantage. The choke hold (not illegal, only against NYPD protocol) caused no damage to the throat or neck, the arrest contributed to his death, but there were also many other contributing factors in Garner's control.

How would you suggest you take down a 400lb, non-compliant felon who has made it clear he will resist?

vengie
12-04-2014, 02:21 PM
I am so tired of this world, you cannot read a piece of news without some sort of racial reference. If this was roles reversed (Black Cop, White suspect) this would not even make the news.

Had he cooperated with police, rather than resist arrest, he may have had an inconvenience to his day rather than end up dead.

Toma
12-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Judge Napotisomething or other weighs in......

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/12/04/judge-napolitano-grievous-wrong-not-indict-eric-garner-case

a videotape of the incident and it reveals probable cause to show that the police officer used grossly excessive force on a non-violent, non-threatening person. It also reveals he cried and screamed for help because by compacting his chest, his breathing was impaired. The police did nothing to save his live; yet they accelerated his death needlessly. On the basis of the tape alone, I have a clean conscience making such an assertion that an indictment was warranted. The job of a properly instructed grand jury is not to assess guilt or innocence, not to decide who was right or wrong, but solely to determine if there is enough evidence to charge a defendant in a given case.

Arash Boodagh
12-04-2014, 02:42 PM
About a year ago a Hispanic couple and their daughter were at the mall were the girl had a situation with the mother... either they or someone else calls the cops... when police arrive, they question the large father and basically felt he was the threat to pin him down, resulting in the mans death.
At the 5 second mark one can hear the father say "I cant breath".
Cellphone footage caught by the wife.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em6wY5m3gFk

A few police wrongful death convictions would immediately impact an officers mental judgment that he cant get away with murder like in the past... but this works against the brutal ZioAmerican police state tactics to keep citizens in fear of the police... who in turn are mercenaries of the .01 percent (ruling elites.
Gone is the notion that police are to serve the people first.

sr20s14zenki
12-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Its the polish guy at the airport all over again. They got off with murder as well.

FraserB
12-04-2014, 02:50 PM
At least we know that pretty much no one knows the difference between murder and homicide.

Toma
12-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Thou Shalt Not Kill.

what ever you call it, the result is the same.

takinghits08
12-04-2014, 03:47 PM

The officer wasn't trying to cause him harm. Garner made it clear he would not comply with the officer's legal commands and had a height and weight advantage. The choke hold (not illegal, only against NYPD protocol) caused no damage to the throat or neck, the arrest contributed to his death, but there were also many other contributing factors in Garner's control.

How would you suggest you take down a 400lb, non-compliant felon who has made it clear he will resist?

"A city medical examiner found that the 43-year-old Garner was killed by neck compression from the chokehold along with “the compression of his chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police”. Asthma, heart disease and obesity were contributing factors."

How can you say the choke hold caused no damage to the throat or neck? :rolleyes:

This is wiki's definition of Resisting arrest:

fleeing a police officer while being arrested
threatening a police officer with physical violence while being arrested
physically struggling to get out from being restrained (handcuffed or put into the police vehicle)
attacking a police officer while being arrested
providing an officer with false identification (either verbally or by presentation of a false official document, i.e. a fake ID)

My initial view of the video doesn't show he was doing that. Cops are not guilty of murder but some sort of crime was committed. :thumbsdow

rx7_turbo2
12-04-2014, 03:51 PM
It sounds like because someone is a "career degenerate" they almost are expected to have something like this happen to him.
Yup, I guess one more reason to not live life as a fuckwad.

There is a flaw in this jury of mixed races and decided not to indict. It might be good enough for you but a lot of people its not.
There's a flaw because you don't like their decision? Yes there is a very vocal minority easily manipulated by the media, crippled with white guilt, and brainwashed by charlatans like Sharpton but I'm not sure I'd call it "a lot". The vast majority of the population down there probably hasn't heard of the scenario and even if they have they couldn't give two flying fucks.

01RedDX
12-04-2014, 04:13 PM

Arash Boodagh
12-04-2014, 04:25 PM
^ that is horrific. Ive read that the NY police even torture people in their holding cells.

I wonder what wouldve happened to the guy or his film of Paul Boyds death in which the victim was shot while crawling on his knees in Vancouver. Footage surfaced a year after the many officers (and the whole department despite eye witness testimony) covered up the murder, yet even with video evidence no one was charged.

ragu
12-04-2014, 07:58 PM

On that note, you can't trust the video either because it was likely filmed by a criminal?

ZEDGE
12-04-2014, 08:23 PM

Duh.

:rofl:

How true.

And anyone who thinks there is no issue down south with over zealous trigger happy police are living in a fantasy world. I love the veiled racism here about how blacks have bad attitudes and thats why they are treated like shit by police. ROFL Disgusting.

Toma
12-04-2014, 08:28 PM
This is how sick America is.....

Grand jury decides no charges for cop.
But
Grand Jury decides to charge the man filming the incident.

ZEDGE
12-04-2014, 08:39 PM
This is how sick America is.....

Grand jury decides no charges for cop.
But
Grand Jury decides to charge the man filming the incident.

WTF.. Charge him with what?

jltabot
12-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by ZEDGE

WTF.. Charge him with what?

possession of a firearm

eiysa101
12-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Can someone give any insight on the jury system in the states? Does it have to be unanimous? How do they choose jury duty?

http://www.forharriet.com/2014/12/texas-grand-jury-clears-cops-caught-on.html

I know i would be a shitty member being easily swayed and think everything is black/white but i cant understand how some people on that jury didnt find that these cops and other cases with video evidence should be charged and go on trial at most. Or atleast pull a Pauly Shore.

srsly wtf is up with grand jurys? Are they given life changing hard evidence that doesnt see the light of day and stays in the walls of the court?

01RedDX
12-05-2014, 01:49 PM

FraserB
12-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

You have cases like these of straight up murder caught on tape, and no indictment?

Can you define murder and then explain how it relates to this case please?

jabjab
12-05-2014, 02:51 PM

Can you define murder and then explain how it relates to this case please?

Murder is the unlawful killing of another human.

Eric was unlawfully killed and he is a human being so I think that it relates to the case:dunno:

Old Snake
12-05-2014, 03:48 PM
An armed man ran over four protesters with a car while waving his gun at them and does not get beaten up or shot by cops. Twelve yr old kid with a toy gun gets shot without communication/question. This is what makes people frustrated.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/12/04/st-louis-motorist-attempts-hit-protesters-car-waves-gun.html

jabjab
12-05-2014, 04:02 PM
realize this is just an article on the internet but its something to think about:

http://heavy.com/news/2014/08/daniel-pantaleo-nypd-cop-officer-chokehold-eric-garner-killed-death/

Seth1968
12-05-2014, 04:36 PM
Thou Shalt Not Kill.

what ever you call it, the result is the same.

Ya, so.

Killing of anything is justified by any biological creature as, 'Holy fuck I'm starving".

What's with that "thou" shit?, and how does it relate to this thread?

rx7_turbo2
12-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Eric was unlawfully killed and he is a human being so I think that it relates to the case:dunno:

Unlawfully killed? When the jury decides not to indict does that not suggest the death was justified or unavoidable and therefor not unlawful :dunno: then by extension not murder?

googe
12-06-2014, 01:11 PM
I don't think you understand what an indictment is.

There was no acquittal, there was no trial.

rx7_turbo2
12-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by googe
I don't think you understand what an indictment is.

There was no acquittal, there was no trial.

Thanks Chief :rolleyes:

The claim was that this was an "unlawful" killing and a murder, the fact a jury decided not to indict suggests they believed it was lawful, or justified, at the very least that there was no wrong doing by the officer to warrant an indictment. In addition murder implies premeditation which there is also no evidence of in this case.

Saying this was an unlawful murder is factually inaccurate.

Shlade
12-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Its the polish guy at the airport all over again. They got off with murder as well.

How can you win lol

Christ man are you that much of a cop hater? Had they used their gun he'd be dead but they opted to use something less lethal being the tazer and that one instance where his heart gave out he died. That wasn't their intentions was it? Why would the guys be charged with murder when all they did was their job?

Like you'd even have the balls yourself to be able to do law enforcement work.

Half of the people complaining don't have the stones or mental capacity to be able to make split second decisions in a job like that.

CompletelyNumb
12-06-2014, 05:32 PM

Arash Boodagh
12-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

How can you win lol

Christ man are you that much of a cop hater? Had they used their gun he'd be dead but they opted to use something less lethal being the tazer and that one instance where his heart gave out he died. That wasn't their intentions was it? Why would the guys be charged with murder when all they did was their job?

Like you'd even have the balls yourself to be able to do law enforcement work.

Half of the people complaining don't have the stones or mental capacity to be able to make split second decisions in a job like that.
If the police are going to pounce on someone (father of 6) like that for suspected selling of a leaf that grows wild in a manure patty...
what kind of response do they let out on kiddy fiddlers?
Oh! thats right... they dont even indict.
http://www.stogiefresh.info/journal-docs/images/grow-own02.jpg

Toma
12-06-2014, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by CompletelyNumb

You fucking neanderthal maggots that need to keep posting fake ass photoshop pics to "legitimize" your racism need to be taken out to pasture.

codetrap
12-06-2014, 10:04 PM
You fucking neanderthal maggots that need to keep posting fake ass photoshop pics to "legitimize" your racism need to be taken out to pasture. Nerve hit!

rx7_turbo2
12-06-2014, 10:19 PM
http://hotmeme.net/media/i/d/e/tAf-i-dont-understand-this-response-to-the-shooting-of-michael-brown.jpg

HiTempguy1
12-07-2014, 12:05 PM
This thread is turning into pure gold jerry!

clem24
12-08-2014, 10:54 AM

Murder is the unlawful killing of another human.

His selling cigarettes was also unlawful and his resisting arrest was also unlawful.

Nitro5
12-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Also the intent of the cop wasn't to kill him so it would be at most manslaughter

riander5
12-08-2014, 12:25 PM

You fucking neanderthal maggots that need to keep posting fake ass photoshop pics to "legitimize" your racism need to be taken out to pasture.

Is Toma black??