PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Full Size SUV

JRSC00LUDE
12-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Hey guys, it's time to replace my company truck and I'm not real sure I want a truck again.

I haven't looked at SUV's in ages but if you have a full size one that you love OR hate, please tell me why!

:thumbsup:

SkiBum5.0
12-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Towing a requirement?

Sugarphreak
12-05-2014, 10:20 AM

JRSC00LUDE
12-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Towing isn't really on my radar, I just want something nice and comfortable with lots of room that I can take snowboarding trips with and that will be a good daily driver.

EDIT: If I were to tow, it would be nothing bigger than a 16' aluminum fishing boat.

msommers
12-05-2014, 10:25 AM
Are you wanting to put snowboards plus people inside?

Cos
12-05-2014, 10:25 AM

Sugarphreak
12-05-2014, 10:27 AM

Ca_Silvia13
12-05-2014, 10:32 AM
V8? The new Tahoe is beautiful

JRSC00LUDE
12-05-2014, 10:32 AM
Yes, snowboards AND people (2-3) inside would be a benefit.

Cos is correct, low profile is appreciated but god I hate GM.....

Yes Sugarphreak, I am coming from a Ridgeline and I do not want to remain with Honda.

If I get a truck, it would be a double cab Tacoma preferable but, if an SUV can fit my needs as stated then I would like to consider one.

I never thought about an explorer.....I'll take a peak.

killramos
12-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Yes Sugarphreak, I am coming from a Ridgeline and I do not want to remain with Honda.

If I get a truck, it would be a double cab Tacoma preferable but, if an SUV can fit my needs as stated then I would like to consider one.

The new explorer is actually pretty nice.

Would you consider a 4 Runner if you like tacomas? I like the 4 runner alot.

I have a feeling you dont have a "full size suv" and more of a standard one. (1/4 ton range). And not something on a car frame.

To me Full Size SUV means Yukon/Expedition/Denali ( basically anything with a half ton frame).

SkiBum5.0
12-05-2014, 10:46 AM
4Runner sounds like a good option - be prepared though, it is underpowered. If you stack it full of people and gear it will struggle through the mountains.
Yukon/Tahoe are the best for doing everything. They tow, hold 7 people better than most, and the new powertrains are pretty solid on fuel. You will pay a premium for these capabilities.

Mitsu3000gt
12-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Full size? Mercedes GL all the way. Not sure if it's still the best selling Luxury SUV but it has been in the past.

One size down: Q7, X5, MDX, ML, new XC90 would all be top choices.

One of the worst car rental experiences I have ever had was with a 2012 Ford Explorer. What an enormous POS. Can't comment on the brand new ones, but I wouldn't even be considering one with what else is out there. No idea what your budget is though.

msommers
12-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by SkiBum5.0
4Runner sounds like a good option - be prepared though, it is underpowered. If you stack it full of people and gear it will struggle through the mountains.

News to me :dunno: Guess it depends how fat they are :D

jwslam
12-05-2014, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by killramos
The new explorer is actually pretty nice.

Would you consider a 4 Runner if you like tacomas? I like the 4 runner alot.

I have a feeling you dont have a "full size suv" and more of a standard one. (1/4 ton range). And not something on a car frame.

To me Full Size SUV means Yukon/Expedition/Denali ( basically anything with a half ton frame).
Sequoia? :dunno:

BerserkerCatSplat
12-05-2014, 11:00 AM
Grand Cherokee is a good option if you only need to seat 5. How about an AWD Ecoboost Flex? 7 seats, comfortable and tons of room, just not as tall as your average SUV.

killramos
12-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by msommers

Yea I also disagree that they are underpowered. My FJ cruiser has plenty of power and its the same damn car... I have loaded it outside of what its reasonable load rating and it didnt skip a beat. What kind of mountain roads are some people driving?

http://www.asianbiketour.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/JakeHurstSteep32x24.jpg

Originally posted by jwslam

Sequoia? :dunno:

Yea another good option, though not one I am that familiar with. I was more trying to point out that I don't think full size is what he wants or needs.

andyg16
12-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Full size? Mercedes GL all the way. Not sure if it's still the best selling Luxury SUV but it has been in the past.

One size down: Q7, X5, MDX, ML, new XC90 would all be top choices.

One of the worst car rental experiences I have ever had was with a 2012 Ford Explorer. What an enormous POS. Can't comment on the brand new ones, but I wouldn't even be considering one with what else is out there. No idea what your budget is though.

^^What he said. GL is the way to go, lot's of room, comfortable and it's actually fun to drive.

lee88
12-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Lexus LX570 or Infiniti QX80 would be my vote

JRSC00LUDE
12-05-2014, 11:06 AM
I was more trying to point out that I don't think full size is what he wants or needs.

You're correct, I used the wrong term. What I was trying to avoid are the cuv style little things. 4runner/Explorer/Grand Cherokee is the neighborhood I am speaking of.

Things like Audi/Benz/Infiniti don't fit the image for us.

Cos
12-05-2014, 11:11 AM

killramos
12-05-2014, 11:13 AM

You're correct, I used the wrong term. What I was trying to avoid are the cuv style little things. 4runner/Explorer/Grand Cherokee is the neighborhood I am speaking of.

Cool I thought i had you pegged down pretty well. Look at the explorer, I think its good but isnt on a 1/4 ton truck frame anymore unfortunately. You decision if thats important to you.

This is where imo Toyota has the market cornered with the 4Runner (/ FJ Cruiser & Tacoma).

The Domestics haven't been interested in 1/4 tons for years. Regardless of what is coming out at auto shows this year. Trucks live on reputation and these new ones have none.

I have heard bad things about the recent quality of the jeeps though i do think they look good and the specs have potential. The grand cherokee in ecoDiesel sounds really cool.

In the segment i don't think anyone can touch the new RR Sport but it sounds like that isn't for you. Its really to bad that Range has turned into such a snob club. I think their cars are fantastic but the ritziness does nothing for me

Sugarphreak
12-05-2014, 11:15 AM

killramos
12-05-2014, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
V60 Polestar

http://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/top/about/rdesign-polestar/pages/polestar.aspx

Fits the image of grown up and responsibile!

...with a fantastic exhuast note :D

http://ccf.volvocars.com/en-CA/PublishingImages/20140304%20-%20Polestar/Volvo-POLESTAR-image3-774x405-v1.jpg

No offense but if he doesn't want a CUV what made you think that recommending a station wagen was appropriate?

:facepalm:

avishal26
12-05-2014, 11:40 AM

I was going to recommend you take a look at Infiniti QX60 until I read the last line in your post lol

Between those three, I would go with Grand Cherokee - much nicer to look at and nicest interior of the 3. I don't like 4runner interiors - too knobby and un-refined for me.

You should take a look at the new XC90's from Volvo - :drool: mighty expensive though...maybe XC60? - but that's closer to a CUV.

I think a fully loaded g. cherokee might run you over $50k.

Aleks
12-05-2014, 11:46 AM

A Tacoma has less useful space inside than a Honda Civic. If you're coming from a Ridgeline you're going to hate the Tacoma's seats all around.

jwslam
12-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Lolvo
I swear that looks exactly like a mazda 6 wagon? :nut: :nut:

Cos
12-05-2014, 11:49 AM

BerserkerCatSplat
12-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by avishal26

I think a fully loaded g. cherokee might run you over $50k.

You'd be amazed how high you can spec a GC. Summit package starts at $62,000, get the diesel and you crack $70K.

Sugarphreak
12-05-2014, 11:56 AM

avishal26
12-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

You'd be amazed how high you can spec a GC. Summit package starts at $62,000, get the diesel and you crack $70K.

:eek:

Boosted131
12-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Ca_Silvia13
V8? The new Tahoe is beautiful this
5.3 is also very good on fuel for a suv

msommers
12-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by avishal26

I don't like 4runner interiors - too knobby and un-refined for me.

You should take a look at the new XC90's from Volvo - :drool: mighty expensive though...maybe XC60? - but that's closer to a CUV.

I absolutely love my 4Runner but I have to admit, the interior had to grow on me first. Now I don't mind it at all but if I still could have an audi-esque interior in there I would gladly take it. I was cross-shopping a GC at the time.

Rear seating room is awesome and capacity is damn impressive. I was really sold on that and it's the go-to vehicle for taking 5 people to the mountains. You should have seen how much shit I had stacked in my vehicle coming back from Estevan: 4 duratracs on rims, 2 pieces of check luggage, about 4 Rubbermaid containers about the size of a cooler each, weights, a laptop backpack, laptop pouch, two 22" monitors in boxes. She was tight :rofl:

ddduke
12-05-2014, 10:55 PM
I'd go supercharged Range Rover. Tons of room, comfortable, good pickup and all the luxury you'll ever need. I'm sure you're not looking to spend over $100k so look at used.

thinmyster
12-05-2014, 11:23 PM

Yea I also disagree that they are underpowered. My FJ cruiser has plenty of power and its the same damn car... I have loaded it outside of what its reasonable load rating and it didnt skip a beat. What kind of mountain roads are some people driving?

http://www.asianbiketour.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/JakeHurstSteep32x24.jpg

Yea another good option, though not one I am that familiar with. I was more trying to point out that I don't think full size is what he wants or needs.

I'd disagree I hate driving my fj cruiser loaded up. How about a 200 series landcruiser, Lexus lx570 or gmc Yukon Denali?

benyl
12-06-2014, 12:32 AM

No offense but if he doesn't want a CUV what made you think that recommending a station wagen was appropriate?

Because wagons are way better than SUVs.

You get low key, awesome handling, more room than an SUV and it takes less gas due ride height. It also weighs less than the equivalent SUV.

90_Shelby
12-06-2014, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by benyl

Because wagons are way better than SUVs.

You get low key, awesome handling, more room than an SUV and it takes less gas due ride height. It also weighs less than the equivalent SUV.

:thumbsup: That's why I opted for a wagon, and who doesn't love one with 550+hp.

flipstah
12-08-2014, 03:13 PM
Hey guys, it's time to replace my company truck and I'm not real sure I want a truck again.

I haven't looked at SUV's in ages but if you have a full size one that you love OR hate, please tell me why!

The XC90 is an awesome beast. It can fit 7 adults + has decent trunk space with the seats up. What more do you want?

An Armada is also nice as well. Most likely cheap in the used market nowadays.

Tik-Tok
12-08-2014, 03:23 PM
:rofl: Beyond never disapoints.

Why don't we just throw a S2000 on the list while we're at it?

freshprince1
12-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Ford Explorer EcoBoost Sport. Looks awesome. Tons of power, and tons of room. Decent gas mileage too.

killramos
12-08-2014, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
:rofl: Beyond never disapoints.

Why don't we just throw a S2000 on the list while we're at it?

I was going to suggest an aston martin. Why not suggest a car that meets none of the required criterion. :dunno:

JRSC00LUDE
12-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
A Tacoma has less useful space inside than a Honda Civic. If you're coming from a Ridgeline you're going to hate the Tacoma's seats all around.

Update:

None of the SUV's that fit the bill really appeal to me other than the Grand Cherokee.....

I've always liked the Tacoma, even if they are a bit dated now, so I went and drove one on the weekend. The interior really didn't bother me at all, but I knew what to expect as a couple buddies have these and I've been a passenger seat road trip partner. I'm not looking for "luxury", I'm looking for utility that suits my needs and fun factor.

Yes, it's less useful space than my Ridgeline but I can definitely throw a box cover or topper on and take two passengers to hit the slopes/camping/etc. Also, it'll be a fun 4WD on the weekend. From a size perspective it was just fine for downtown parallel parking, etc. Other than that, my boy and his seat fit in the back just fine with a passenger riding up front so all in all I'm happy.

If they can get the color I want before year end, Tacoma it is!

If not, we'll start over again......

For the record, that wagon is awesome!!

Sugarphreak
12-08-2014, 03:43 PM

Xtrema
12-08-2014, 03:47 PM
I know you don't want big trucks but RAM 1500 Ecodiesel would be around that range as Tacoma and way more room.

flipstah
12-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Do you need 4WD or is AWD sufficient? I'd seriously look at the XC90 if you want a luxurious, comfortable, roomy school bus.

The new Grand Cherokee is pretty awesome though.

EDIT: Just throwing this out there, but anyone have experience with the Tundra and how is it over the Tacoma?

JRSC00LUDE
12-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Sugarphreak, I'm not a massive fan of the Ford styling but if I ended up on an SUV it would have been that (pending a test drive) or a 4-Runner.

Xtrema, several of our crew have Ram 1500 and IF I were going with a full size truck that would be my choice (gas or diesel unsure) but I just don't want one. I find them to be too much of a pain in the ass when hitting underground parking/downtown parking here, which I do a lot of.

I looked at a lot of stuff over the weekend and ultimately, I'll get use out of the box and have more versatility with the Tacoma over an SUV. Other "small" trucks (new GM/Frontier) may have nicer appointments inside but I trust the Tacoma for the long term and lets face it, if I get sick of it in two years I can send it down the line to one of our guys and get something else.

EDIT - flipstah, I don't NEED 4WD but having a capable one will definitely come in handy and I will most certainly take advantage of it if it's there. ;)

flipstah
12-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Sugarphreak, I'm not a massive fan of the Ford styling but if I ended up on an SUV it would have been that (pending a test drive) or a 4-Runner.

Xtrema, several of our crew have Ram 1500 and IF I were going with a full size truck that would be my choice (gas or diesel unsure) but I just don't want one. I find them to be too much of a pain in the ass when hitting underground parking/downtown parking here, which I do a lot of.

I looked at a lot of stuff over the weekend and ultimately, I'll get use out of the box and have more versatility with the Tacoma over an SUV. Other "small" trucks (new GM/Frontier) may have nicer appointments inside but I trust the Tacoma for the long term and lets face it, if I get sick of it in two years I can send it down the line to one of our guys and get something else.

EDIT - flipstah, I don't NEED 4WD but having a capable one will definitely come in handy and I will most certainly take advantage of it if it's there. ;)

I think someone mentioned this already but how about a 2004-2007(?) 4Runner? Looks awesome IMO.

JRSC00LUDE
12-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
I think someone mentioned this already but how about a 2004-2007(?) 4Runner? Looks awesome IMO.

It makes more sense for us with our year end to buy new this year (fiscal year end is Dec. 31). Typically the three of us will buy new and then trickle the vehicle down internally when we replace ours (this was another consideration, although not the deciding factor, when deciding to stick with something with a box).

flipstah
12-08-2014, 04:11 PM
If that's the case, GC>Explorer. Jeep's interior is way nicer.

Sucks that GM doesn't have anything decent in their line-up. Only one I can think of is the Tahoe...

Keep us posted on what you get!

SkiBum5.0
12-08-2014, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by msommers

I knew I was going to get burned at the stake by msommers! :)

I'm not knocking the truck, I had a Trail Edition for a short time and liked it. What I should have said was - "the 5sp auto doesn't adequately disperse the power the engine has."

We struggled on the trans canada above 120km/h. Its poor aero and gearing meant it was shiting a lot more than my truck.

Redlyne_mr2
12-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Where are you looking to keep the budget?

Aleks
12-09-2014, 09:05 AM

Update:

None of the SUV's that fit the bill really appeal to me other than the Grand Cherokee.....

I've always liked the Tacoma, even if they are a bit dated now, so I went and drove one on the weekend. The interior really didn't bother me at all, but I knew what to expect as a couple buddies have these and I've been a passenger seat road trip partner. I'm not looking for "luxury", I'm looking for utility that suits my needs and fun factor.

Yes, it's less useful space than my Ridgeline but I can definitely throw a box cover or topper on and take two passengers to hit the slopes/camping/etc. Also, it'll be a fun 4WD on the weekend. From a size perspective it was just fine for downtown parallel parking, etc. Other than that, my boy and his seat fit in the back just fine with a passenger riding up front so all in all I'm happy.

If they can get the color I want before year end, Tacoma it is!

If not, we'll start over again......

For the record, that wagon is awesome!!

I really like the looks of the Tacoma and actually went in with intention of buying one. But I'm 6'1" and the seats really bothered me. Also while not an absolute requirement I wanted to fit 3 kids seats across the rear bench if needed so I went a size up. If the space works for you it's a good buy money wise for sure. Those things have intense residuals. I don't see that changing even with new GM offerings being on the market.

JRSC00LUDE
12-09-2014, 09:20 AM
I'm also 6'1"/230lbs and I didn't mind the seats at all haha, I went in with bad expectations from review (I've never overly minded the passenger seat but hadn't driven one) and came out thinking it was fine.

I hope I was right, too late now as we made a deal! :rofl:

pheoxs
12-09-2014, 09:32 AM

I was going to suggest an aston martin. Why not suggest a car that meets none of the required criterion. :dunno:

Because White M3?

For me SUV wise I'd be looking at a CX-5. I quite like it and it comes with unlimited km warranty for the 2015's. I know its more of a compact SUV but myself I never really need a full sized one.

I've had lots of different ones as rentals and things like a grand cherokee and explorer as just too big and bulky for my liking. How often do you realistically expect 5 people in it plus gear?

I'd do a CX-5 and grab a roof rack setup that you can toss on for the snowboard trips and remove for daily life

killramos
12-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by pheoxs

Because White M3?

For me SUV wise I'd be looking at a CX-5. I quite like it and it comes with unlimited km warranty for the 2015's. I know its more of a compact SUV but myself I never really need a full sized one.

I've had lots of different ones as rentals and things like a grand cherokee and explorer as just too big and bulky for my liking. How often do you realistically expect 5 people in it plus gear?

I'd do a CX-5 and grab a roof rack setup that you can toss on for the snowboard trips and remove for daily life

because ultimate winter beater:

http://driving.ca/aston-martin/auto-news/news/aston-martin-conquers-ice-with-super-spy-finesse

:drool: :burnout:

JRSC00LUDE
01-05-2015, 03:45 PM
Upbump!

Pick up my Tacoma tomorrow, I'll add a box cover to keep my gear/luggage clean when travelling and call it a day!

(which cover to buy is the next thing to consider I guess)

Brent.ff
01-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Hope the 2016 model that they drop within the next 7 days doesn't make you regret it... I have a 2014 Taco, and it's awesome. Been a bit of a garage queen (12k km in 8 months), but my adventures with it have been great.

What color you do? Model?

Ditch the stock tires immediately.

The work truck I was driving was a 2014 Ford F150..every weekend I couldn't wait to drive the Taco. A pleasure to drive

ExtraSlow
01-05-2015, 04:48 PM
Not sure if you mean the fiberglass toppers, or the low profile box covers.

If you mean toppers, I did a lot of research, and I went with the Leer Legend from Raven. Best price in Alberta, hassle free experience, and top notch quality.

JRSC00LUDE
01-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Brent.ff
Hope the 2016 model that they drop within the next 7 days doesn't make you regret it... I have a 2014 Taco, and it's awesome. Been a bit of a garage queen (12k km in 8 months), but my adventures with it have been great.

What color you do? Model?

Ditch the stock tires immediately.

The work truck I was driving was a 2014 Ford F150..every weekend I couldn't wait to drive the Taco. A pleasure to drive

I wish the 16 model would have been out but I had to buy something before calendar/our fiscal year end.....I am sure it will have things I would have liked (like a sunroof) but that's life!

I got the double cab TRD Sport, in white.

Extraslow, I think I just want the low profile cover, not a full topper. The full would be good for bikes when travelling but.....not real versatile any other time for my purposes.

blownz
01-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Out of curiosity did you look at the new Colorado or Canyon? They have had good reviews and at least look way more modern than the Tacoma. I just rode in a new Tacoma a few weeks ago and it literally felt like I had gone back in time. lol

JRSC00LUDE
01-05-2015, 05:14 PM
blownz I didn't, personally I can't get behind anything GM. I don't like their styling much and have no confidence in their reliability yet.

I realize how dated the Tacoma is but I also know how reliable and solid it is. I'm not real concerned with "luxury" in a truck. Hell, I could have gotten any truck I wanted but full size just isn't for me.

I knew from friend's Tacomas what I would be getting into so other than taking one out for an afternoon to refresh/confirm those opinions it was an easy choice.

Other than the "grass is greener" issue potential with the redesigned 16 model I'm happy with my choice. If the 16 is THAT great, then in 2-3 years I'll cycle the truck down to one of our Supervisors and get a new one (if midsize is still my thing at that point).

:)

Brent.ff
01-05-2015, 05:24 PM
I waited for 2 years waiting for the new model that they kept rumouring, but finally just couldn't wait any longer.

Really, we'll get a look at the new 16 in a week, but it won't be out for another 8 months. And if there is a new engine, i'll give it another year to work out the kinks. With the current price of gas, who even cares if its diesel (let alone the premium paid for the engine)

Luckily, our trucks will retain their value so it's not hard to hold it for an extra year.

Also, strongly suggest getting the weathertec liners, as the stock ones are pretty shitty for our weather (can tell they were worried about the acceleration issue from years ago). I also did these: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/306253-g-tek-fab-door-sill-protectors.html

ExtraSlow
01-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Extraslow, I think I just want the low profile cover, not a full topper. The full would be good for bikes when travelling but.....not real versatile any other time for my purposes.
Just a warning for anyone who bikes. the full canopy is NOT handy for transporting bikes in the short bedo trucks. Much better to have a bedcover you can roll up or retract so the bikes can stand up.

JRSC00LUDE
01-06-2015, 07:14 AM
We pull front wheels off and put them in left to right, alternating ends of the bikes, four bikes no problem with a cap, five can work! :)

That being said, I think I'll still just go low profile!

EDIT - Brent.ff, I had meant to order those mats already and completely forgot, thanks for the reminder ordered last night! :thumbsup:

codetrap
01-06-2015, 09:03 AM
I super happy with my undercover flex folding tonneu cover for my F150. They make one for the Taco too.

redblack
01-06-2015, 09:04 AM
If your looking for a bed cover and other truck accessories, i recently picked up a undercover flex and swing boxes for my truck at partsengine dot com. No one in calgary could touch their prices and they ship for free.

IIRC i paid 680 for the cover plus tax during the black friday sale.

JRSC00LUDE
01-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the tips guys!

codetrap
01-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by redblack
If your looking for a bed cover and other truck accessories, i recently picked up a undercover flex and swing boxes for my truck at partsengine dot com. No one in calgary could touch their prices and they ship for free.

IIRC i paid 680 for the cover plus tax during the black friday sale. That's pretty good. I bought mine locally and paid $750 on sale.

bjstare
01-06-2015, 11:37 AM
My dad's got an undercover flex on his Taco, and it's awesome.

JRSC00LUDE
01-08-2015, 10:53 AM
I have to say, three days in and I love this thing. Very happy with my choice.

There are definitely things it SHOULD have that I miss (power sliding rear window, heated mirrors (why make power mirrors but not heat them...) and sunroof) and the change in usable storage from the Ridgeline to this is significant but none of them matter enough for me to be unhappy. The box cover will address space issues just fine, tons of clean storage for travel then. As far as in cab storage well, as I cleaned my old one out I realized how much shit I had tucked away in there that I haven't used in literally months haha

Great little truck. :thumbsup:

benyl
01-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Good choice. The new Taco is ugly.

I personally hate sunroofs. waste of money cause I never use them.

JRSC00LUDE
01-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by benyl
Good choice. The new Taco is ugly.

I personally hate sunroofs. waste of money cause I never use them.

This is the first time since 1998 that I haven't had one, almost NEVER close it in the summer haha

BDenali
03-01-2015, 01:04 PM
Whats your thoughts on a VW Touareg? I am in the same spot as you and trying to decide what SUV to buy for my family. This is what my wife wants but I think I am a little to cheap for this haha

freshprince1
03-02-2015, 11:45 AM
A good friend of mine had one, he really liked it, but ended up selling it pretty quick. While the ride and performance were great, the mileage and maintenance really got to him. Cost him a ton on gas as they have young kids and are always on the go for school, practices, games etc. Also, the maintenance costs were through the roof. He really liked it, but it was costing him an arm and a leg as a daily driver for the family.

JRSC00LUDE
03-02-2015, 11:51 AM
My personal thoughts on VW anything is RUN!

Now that I've got a couple months in the Toyota I really enjoy it. I'd likely look at a 4 runner now if I were in SUV shopping mode again given how much I enjoy the Tacoma overall. That's just based on my quite enjoying my first Toyota and knowing it's much more dated than some of their other offerings. Really there's so many options that I have zero good advice to add.

There will be plenty of others here who have firsthand knowledge and opinions though. :thumbsup: