PDA

View Full Version : Poll - Have you ever been refused a ride home while drunk?

killramos
12-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Alright with regard to some of the other threads going on i have a serious question here and its a simple yes or no.

If you have been intoxicated and knew it and got caught in a bad situation. Have you every had someone ( friend, family, dentist ) refuse to give you a ride home when you call them saying you need a ride to stay safe.

Personally i have never had it happen, my friends might be pissed off at me, but they will come so long as they aren't drunk themselves.

I will post a third "other" since people always whine about how they dont fit in a group but share your stories here guys!

and while i am at it:

Don't Drink and Drive this holiday season!

:goflames:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Never.

rage2
12-09-2014, 02:34 PM
Never.

I made ScCab pick me up at 2am once just to make sure he honors our emergency DD deal, and he came through haha.

vengie
12-09-2014, 02:38 PM
The only time it happened to me was by a cab... He said he didn't want to travel that far (~20 min drive). My girlfriend and I were by no means intoxicated or unruly. It actually blew me away to be honest, I thought that was illegal?

killramos
12-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by vengie
The only time it happened to me was by a cab... He said he didn't want to travel that far (~20 min drive). My girlfriend and I were by no means intoxicated or unruly. It actually blew me away to be honest, I thought that was illegal?

Sounds like a dick move. They make a shit ton of cash on the long drives to.

Still the initial results are super positive. 90% have never had someone say no. Hopefully this will help remove the stigma of embarrassment that would make people not call.

Especially when it only takes 1 no to skew all of your good experiences to yes!

hell i bet if you made a beyond post needing an emergency ride someone would show up!

vengie
12-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by killramos

Sounds like a dick move. They make a shit ton of cash on the long drives to.

Still the initial results are super positive. 90% have never had someone say no. Hopefully this will help remove the stigma of embarrassment that would make people not call.

Especially when it only takes 1 no to skew all of your good experiences to yes!

hell i bet if you made a beyond post needing an emergency ride someone would show up!

The one vote for yes was me, I read the title and voted, didn't read the OP :banghead: so the results are slightly skewed.

I have NEVER been refused a ride from a friend or family member.

lasimmon
12-09-2014, 02:43 PM
I picked up 2 friends on the side of the highway between sylvan lake and red deer at 4 am after they got booted from a cab as one puked in it :rofl:

G-ZUS
12-09-2014, 02:44 PM
We should make a thread for a Beyond Taxi service. Service is free but feel free to tip what you think the ride was worth?

roopi
12-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Never. If a friend refused to pick me up in an emergency situation without a really good excuse I'd probably not call them ever again.

killramos
12-09-2014, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
We should make a thread for a Beyond Taxi service. Service is free but feel free to tip what you think the ride was worth?

We can call it Buber :poosie:

Mandatory Beyond stickers so you know its legit. But not sure i would get into the back seat of a car with some of the gross fuckers on this site :barf:

lasimmon
12-09-2014, 02:48 PM
Here is a question though:

If a friend called you for a ride home because they can't get a cab and you know the walk would be only about 30 minutes and its summer out, would you still go get them?

I only ask because I know some people who call for rides in this situation where I will just walk home.

killramos
12-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon

If a friend called you for a ride home because they can't get a cab and you know the walk would be only about 30 minutes and its summer out, would you still go get them?

I only ask because I know some people who call for rides in this situation where I will just walk home.

Its a tough situation. I think it depends on if you think they will make a bad decision if you say no.

I don't think a 2 am phone call for an emergency ride is a good time to make a point.

Now if people take advantage that's the time to evaluate the friendship.

TBH this is something that i have had serious conversations about with my friends. I tell them if they are every in a bad situation to give me a call and I will be there. You always get idiots who think they are invincible and do it anyways.

I have stopped getting in the car with those people. :dunno:

Nitro5
12-09-2014, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon

How hot is she?

Lex350
12-09-2014, 03:31 PM
I've never refused but I had a friend that would always refuse. He was an alcoholic. He even took steps to get round us taking his keys. He would bring a second set and then sneak out. It finally came down on him one night where he crashed his Acura near the Mad Rose. He damn near ripped off the whole underside of his car. He fled the scene but then had to fess up because the car was in his wife's name and he she was going to get charged. He has since left town which is a good thing because on most days he would work from 6am-11am then do a few lines and drink shots..... :banghead:

GQBalla
12-09-2014, 03:35 PM
yes,

not from family or friends but it was a taxi driver.

Wouldn't drive me until i said i have cash.

i don't even think he turned on the meter.

vengie
12-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
yes,

not from family or friends but it was a taxi driver.

Wouldn't drive me until i said i have cash.

i don't even think he turned on the meter.

Actually this reminds me of another time trying to leave a nightclub... the driver told me to pay $50 up front and he would refund me the difference, the drive would have been less than 10 mins. I told him to get bent and hopped in the next cab.

Mitsu3000gt
12-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Usually the only ride you can't count on when you need one is a cab.

Mibz
12-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by vengie
The one vote for yes was me, I read the title and voted, didn't read the OP :banghead: so the results are slightly skewed. Just did the exact same thing. Mine was a cab, never family or friends.

killramos
12-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
Usually the only ride you can't count on when you need one is a cab.

yea wow it looks like a bunch of idiot cabbies are ruining my beautiful poll!

Why the fuck does the city feel bad for these idiots.

I had a cab driver try to pull the whole credit machine not working scam on me a few weeks back. this is why i always carry cash. He didn't get a tip either.

Even if he was telling the truth that's the cost of doing business, regular businesses lose money when their machines are down to :dunno:

btimbit
12-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Cab one time because he was afraid I'd throw up. Even after I assured him I wouldn't and said I would pay for a full detail if I did.

Never been refused by friends or family though

HiTempguy1
12-09-2014, 09:53 PM
My biggest issue with someone calling me is that if you have enough money to drink, you have enough money for a cab after the age of 18. :dunno:

If somebody called me, would I get them? Sure. But they would also get an earful the next day unless there was a good excuse (especially for any lady friends, the older I get, the more I realize just how bad the sexual assault epidemic is).

killramos
12-10-2014, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
My biggest issue with someone calling me is that if you have enough money to drink, you have enough money for a cab after the age of 18. :dunno:

If somebody called me, would I get them? Sure. But they would also get an earful the next day unless there was a good excuse (especially for any lady friends, the older I get, the more I realize just how bad the sexual assault epidemic is).

I think we have established that cabs are not a reliable method of getting home based on the last page of posts...

Let alone the fundamental problem with cabs in this city. That they might as well not exist at 10 PM hahaha

Feruk
12-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Only time I was ever refused a cab was because I wasn't going far enough. Pissed me off.

g-m
12-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Never by family and friends but by taxis lots of times