PDA

View Full Version : real-time cycle counts coming Jan 1.

benyl
12-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Cycle counts for the (overpriced) Peace bridge of all places.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/1235445/calgary-set-to-launch-real-time-bike-counts-jan-1-2015-starting-with-the-peace-bridge/

“The plan is Jan. 1 to have the website up and live so people can track the usage, real-time,” Thivener said Tuesday. “You’ll be able to see the data live and be able to click on different charts and see weekly averages, yearly, basically any kind of breakdown that you want to see.”

I clicked on the Ottawa link and there was a "problem loading page."

haha

rx7_turbo2
12-10-2014, 11:41 AM
Fuck the Peace Bridge, throw a real time count on Northland Drive :rofl: I drive it twice a day, morning rush, evening rush. Number of bikes I've seen since construction of the lanes? Fucking zilch, nada, none, zero. Money well spent :thumbsup: This city has its head so far up its own ass :rolleyes:

ga16i
12-10-2014, 11:41 AM
If it's as good as the Deerfoot time estimates, it really shouldn't have the word "real" anywhere near it.

basically any kind of breakdown that you want to see
Yup, I'd believe it'll show a number that cyclist loving politicians wants to see.

schocker
12-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
Fuck the Peace Bridge, throw a real time count on Northland Drive :rofl: I drive it twice a day, morning rush, evening rush. Number of bikes I've seen since construction of the lanes? Fucking zilch, nada, none, zero. Money well spent :thumbsup: This city has its head so far up its own ass :rolleyes:
I drove it the other day for the first time since it was finished and found the amount of signage hilarious. Every tiny little piece of concrete has a sign :rofl:

Sugarphreak
12-10-2014, 01:27 PM

ercchry
12-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
So what exactly stops Druh from going down there with a Yoyo and swinging it across the sensor an extra 200 times?

and what part of this sensor can pick bikes out from regular pedestrians?

kaput
12-10-2014, 01:46 PM

2000TL
12-10-2014, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

and what part of this sensor can pick bikes out from regular pedestrians?

There are 2 sensors by the peace bridge already installed. One in the ground for bikes and one located on a bollard for pedestrian count.