Sorath
12-11-2014, 02:23 AM
Getting a car allowance and narrowed it down to 3

Lincoln MKC 2.0 Eco boost base
Ford F-150 XLT with 302A package
Honda CR-V EXL/touring

Fly Fishin'
12-11-2014, 07:33 AM
I have just heard to many small complaints with the new Ford line up to vote for them. Maybe next generation

killramos
12-11-2014, 07:47 AM
Any reason why you have a scale that runs from F150 to CRV with just a Lincoln in between?

Pretty huge spread imo :dunno:

ExtraSlow
12-11-2014, 08:12 AM
Those are some pretty wide choices. That being said, I currently Drive and F150 XLT with the 302A package, so I'm partial to that one. I would assume on the 2015's you're having to order from the factory and pay close to MSRP? I haven't seen any on dealer lots yet.

Sugarphreak
12-11-2014, 08:34 AM

spikerS
12-11-2014, 08:38 AM
I would go with the MKC, you are not a truck guy, and showing the brand is a good idea.

killramos
12-11-2014, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by spikerS
I would go with the MKC, you are not a truck guy, and showing the brand is a good idea.

:werd:

Masked Bandit
12-11-2014, 09:17 AM
Depends on what you're using it for AND what else you have at home for vehicles. What's the info?

bourge73
12-11-2014, 09:22 AM
We have a CRV perfect for my wife
But so freakin boring to drive. MK all the way

Sorath
12-11-2014, 09:25 AM
I work for a dealer group and am only allowed to choose from honda/Ford/Chrysler. Nothing from Chrysler catches my eye. I want awd. Not a truck person but always like the utility of one + Ford trucks have a good resale value. I would get the ecoboost model.

I've always liked the crv, sold so many in my life lol. Cheap on gas.

Mkc for only 3000 more from crv I can get into a base mkc which comes really loaded, it's also a higher end brand so interior fit and finish is nicer

If this happens anyone want to buy an 07 s4 avant?

rage2
12-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Lincoln. /thread

http://2paragraphs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Matthew-McConaughey-Lincoln.jpg

killramos
12-11-2014, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by rage2
http://2paragraphs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Matthew-McConaughey-Lincoln.jpg
Lincoln.

:rofl:

Been forever since i have seen that. I think you just cost me 5 bucks rage...

Kloubek
12-11-2014, 09:55 AM
Absolutely MKC.

No point in buying a truck if you don't require the utility of one, so that'd be out imo.

The CRV is a good vehicle, but very basic. I imagine it would end up a regrettable decision.

...which leaves the MKC - which provides luxury, reasonable performance and good looks.

flipstah
12-11-2014, 10:06 AM
F-150 so you're boss.

ExtraSlow
12-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Ford F150 is the preferred ride of Millionaires
http://blog.lendingclub.com/incredible-statistics-about-millionaires-in-america/

Cos
12-11-2014, 10:11 AM

Masked Bandit
12-11-2014, 11:13 AM
If you have no use for it the truck is a giant waste of money. Resale isn't good on them at all, they're a dime a dozen and trying to sell a 3 - 5 year old F150 for any real money is tough. They are basically 50% depreciated by year 4.

So a loaded CRV versus a base Lincoln (Ford). For me it's the CRV all the way. Are there any options in the base Lincoln that don't come with the loaded CRV.

You of all people should know that justified or not, selling a used Honda down the road is easy peasy.

guessboi
12-11-2014, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
Getting a car allowance and narrowed it down to 3

Lincoln MKC 2.0 Eco boost base
Ford F-150 XLT with 302A package
Honda CR-V EXL/touring

Starting a family any time soon? Why do you need a truck bro?
I also voted for the Lincoln.

:D

Sorath
12-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
If you have no use for it the truck is a giant waste of money. Resale isn't good on them at all, they're a dime a dozen and trying to sell a 3 - 5 year old F150 for any real money is tough. They are basically 50% depreciated by year 4.

So a loaded CRV versus a base Lincoln (Ford). For me it's the CRV all the way. Are there any options in the base Lincoln that don't come with the loaded CRV.

You of all people should know that justified or not, selling a used Honda down the road is easy peasy.

quite a few actually, better seats, better interior. 240hp/270ft lb(crv 185hp/181ft lb) 4 years comprehensive as opposed to 3, 2 years free maintenance, remote starter, power passenger seat. couple other things.

for 3k more, its really a no brainer. Now the downsides are, unknown product(first year on market), since its under warranty it doesnt really matter as far as reliability goes, but for resale its still unknown, but given the car allowance covers the payment, if i can sell and be in an equity position im fine.

the f150 im intrigued. ive never owned a truck in my life. im scared it might be too big, but we do have a small hatchback in the family for a run around car so it might not be too bad.

Cos
12-11-2014, 12:16 PM

Sorath
12-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Explorer is a little too much, i gotta top up quite abit on top of car allowance.

I could go for an escape, but when i was in toronto last year i had one for rental and i hated it. the interior was so bad, i actually prefer the older escape boxy style one.

either way i`ll probably end up pulling the trigger close to spring when the inventory/incentives are better.

Sugarphreak
12-11-2014, 12:33 PM

Cos
12-11-2014, 12:34 PM

flipstah
12-11-2014, 02:01 PM
There's nothing more mind blowing than an Asian driving a pickup truck.

The looks I got driving one in the field were hilarious, and I didn't even crash!

Team_Mclaren
12-11-2014, 02:34 PM
yo drive the MKC demo here and let me try it, I'll swap you with a CRV

Aleks
12-11-2014, 04:04 PM

quite a few actually, better seats, better interior. 240hp/270ft lb(crv 185hp/181ft lb) 4 years comprehensive as opposed to 3, 2 years free maintenance, remote starter, power passenger seat. couple other things.

for 3k more, its really a no brainer. Now the downsides are, unknown product(first year on market), since its under warranty it doesnt really matter as far as reliability goes, but for resale its still unknown, but given the car allowance covers the payment, if i can sell and be in an equity position im fine.

the f150 im intrigued. ive never owned a truck in my life. im scared it might be too big, but we do have a small hatchback in the family for a run around car so it might not be too bad.

I've never owned a truck in my life either before I got one from you. I don't tow or go off-road either. But there are always odd jobs around the house that come up where you just throw stuff in the bed and go. Minivan handled those jobs before but I'd have to take the middle seats out etc which was a pain. I like driving the Tundra 80% of the time. Only time I don't like it as much is when I'm on 4th or 5th AVE DT in rush hour. Hard to make quick lane changes. As a bonus now it's down right cheap to fill up. $75 or less but I have a small 100L tank.

ShermanEF9
12-11-2014, 04:23 PM
Truck. like you said you have a smaller vehicle for running around. it would be the perfect combo. also, it doesn't take long to get used to the size.

Sorath
12-11-2014, 08:02 PM
I think im leaning towards the truck. the payments are really cheap and i have money left over from my car allowance. Besides when Aleks gets bored of his Tundra, He can take over my lease and get a real truck :poosie: :rofl:

Now i just gotta ask myself is the Ecoboost worth the extra $1300 or should i stick with the 5.0 v8

Dumbass17
12-11-2014, 08:11 PM
If you ever park downtown, you'll have having a truck.

ExtraSlow
12-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Sorath, EcoBoost vs 5.0 is really easy.
Get 5.0 is you A) think V8's are awesome, b) like the sound, c) think turbos are too newfangled for you.
Get the EcoBoost if you like a) torque down low, b) quiet engine, c) maximum capability

Myself, the ecoboost is a very sweet engine to live with day in and day out. I commute downtown in mine, and I don't mind, although it's a little tight some days at centennial parkade.

There are many Beyond ecoboosters, most of us are good guys and would let you drive our trucks.

Sorath
12-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Took an ecoboost home for the night. Don't really like how it drives. But I'm used to cars. Parking it in chinook parking lot sucked. Finally, it doesn't fit the garage.

Can park it outside, but I dunno

ShermanEF9
12-12-2014, 12:20 AM
the ecoboost is much nicer around town i find. ecoboost you need to rev out pretty good to go anywhere. plus later on the ecoboost will sell better.

bigbadboss101
12-12-2014, 07:49 AM
Parking in tight lots would be harder for sure. Just don't do what that X3 person did, 37 point turns.

A nice remote car starter for the truck if you go that route?

ExtraSlow
12-12-2014, 07:50 AM
Sorath, I'm a truck guy, been daily driving pickups for a long time, so they just "feel right" to me. Sounds like for you, it's just the opposite.
Parking in the garage is good, parking outside is not as good.

I'm changing my recommendation. Get one of the "utes".

ExtraSlow
12-12-2014, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by ShermanEF9
the ecoboost is much nicer around town i find. ecoboost you need to rev out pretty good to go anywhere. plus later on the ecoboost will sell better.
wat? do you mean the 5.0L you need to rev to go anywhere?

killramos
12-12-2014, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

wat? do you mean the 5.0L you need to rev to go anywhere?

i think he is missing a word in his post.

Eco is better for low end torque, as an turbo engine it does NOT need to be rev'd 9/10ths to redline to get good performance.

But maybe i am wrong, my brother has an ecoboost long wheelbase, and compared to the V8 fords ( expeditions) that i drive for work i think the eco is the better overall driving engine. City or Highway.

:dunno:

But Sorath I am like you i hate driving and parking trucks. Not worth the anxiety. Test drive the lincoln, i think you will like it better.

If you decide you need a truck down the road for truck stuff you can always pick up a sacrificial 08 for like 5 grand that you wont mind leaving outside 365 days a year....

My brothers eco is worth more than my bmw on msrp. He treats it like a princess as a consequence.:nut:

Aleks
12-12-2014, 08:07 AM
Took an ecoboost home for the night. Don't really like how it drives. But I'm used to cars. Parking it in chinook parking lot sucked. Finally, it doesn't fit the garage.

Can park it outside, but I dunno

I'm sure you've driven the Ridgeline before. Maybe try that since you can get into a Honda. That will have the best ride out of any truck out there. It's pretty pricey but it has lot of room and drives like a raised car I found. Also it's smaller so easier to maneuver around crowded lots.

killramos
12-12-2014, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Aleks

I'm sure you've driven the Ridgeline before. Maybe try that since you can get into a Honda. That will have the best ride out of any truck out there. It's pretty pricey but it has lot of room and drives like a raised car I found. Also it's smaller so easier to maneuver around crowded lots.

$$$

Ridgeline is likely outside his price range.

Sorath
12-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Actually it's not too far off from mkc. Gonna drive ridgeline crv and crosstour

I think truck is out though. Wayyyyy too big lol. Watching the wife get in and out of the truck this morning was pretty amusing though :p

GQBalla
12-12-2014, 10:06 AM
i want a MKC just because of the commericals and spoofs.

killramos
12-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Actually it's not too far off from mkc. Gonna drive ridgeline crv and crosstour

I think truck is out though. Wayyyyy too big lol. Watching the wife get in and out of the truck this morning was pretty amusing though :p

Please for the love of god don't even look at the crosstour.

In laws bought one. What a POS. The engine is completely gutless and horrible on gas. It has also been in the shop like 3 times for issues in addition to the number of cosmetic repairs it has needed due to its boat like size running into every cement post, stop sign, parked cars (not saying they are good drivers but still)...

The Ecoboost would be cheaper to drive.

Stealth22
12-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Explorer is a little too much, i gotta top up quite abit on top of car allowance.

I could go for an escape, but when i was in toronto last year i had one for rental and i hated it. the interior was so bad, i actually prefer the older escape boxy style one.

either way i`ll probably end up pulling the trigger close to spring when the inventory/incentives are better.
Agreed. A family member had an Escape as a rental, and I was added as an additional driver.

I hated the thing. I hated driving it, I hated riding in it. I was quite surprised, but it is an utter POS.

I've driven the Fusion and Edge as rentals. I absolutely loved both of them. The Fusion I had was only an SE, but I've heard/read amazing things about the Fusion Titanium, if you wanted to look at a car. It's Lincoln counterpart is the MKZ.

If you want a car with more space, there's the Taurus. Get it in black...people will think you're driving an unmarked CPS cruiser and move out of your way! :rofl: :burnout:

But seriously, I drove a brand new Ford Edge Limited as a rental in Toronto a few months ago. I absolutely loved it. Got it as a free upgrade from my full size (Emerald Club FTW :D ), and it was a dream to drive. It was a Limited, so it was basically loaded.

Have you looked at the Edge or MKX yet? The Edge will be a bit less than the Explorer, and won't feel as big, but its miles better than the Escape.

Redlyne_mr2
12-12-2014, 06:14 PM
Truck so you can tow your car to the track