PDA

View Full Version : 11yr old steals 10K and catches a cab

quick_scar
12-12-2014, 09:27 AM
What the fuck is wrong with some kids these days?

http://abc11.com/news/11-year-old-steals-$10k-hitchhikes-to-florida/433640/

"She walked to a gas station and hitched a ride from a stranger to Little Rock. Once there, she called a taxi."

""I said I need to go to Jacksonville, Florida," said Alexis, "He's like, 'do you have money' and I'm like, 'yes.'""

That is a 12 hour, 829 mile (1335km) taxi ride.:nut: :nut: :nut:

""At the same time you have the rest of your life to punish her and you just want to hug her and just love her because you got her back and that's what's important," her father said."

:rofl: :rofl: Shes not going to be allowed to do anything by herself for a very long time.

Also,
"The cab driver did not break any laws and won't face any charges."
This guy saw the money and was blinded by greed. The fuck are you picking up a child in the middle of the night and driving them 830 miles for. Use your brain for 2 fucking seconds and you will know something is up.

ZenOps
12-12-2014, 09:56 AM
:dunno: That would have been borderline normal back in the day.

Route 66 for a cheap holiday.

rage2
12-12-2014, 09:58 AM
The kid she was going to meet has game. :bigpimp:

D'z Nutz
12-12-2014, 10:03 AM
"I'm actually glad I got found 'cause I knew I made a mistake after awhile and I didn't have a phone," Alexis said.

Did anyone else read her mistake as forgetting her phone and not stealing money and running away? Hahaha

JRSC00LUDE
12-12-2014, 10:35 AM
So......a cabbie in Little Rock doesn't bat an eye at a 12 hour fare. Meanwhile, a cabbie in Calgary will refuse service for a 30 minute fare? :rofl:

BavarianBeast
12-12-2014, 11:04 AM
I thought that my Dad was one of the last people to have an Irish piggy bank. :rofl:

I guess people still do keep money under their mattresses and inside their sock drawers.

Tik-Tok
12-12-2014, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
So......a cabbie in Little Rock doesn't bat an eye at a 12 hour fare. Meanwhile, a cabbie in Calgary will refuse service for a 30 minute fare? :rofl:

If you offer them twice the fare, they'll do it. Which is what happens when you get a long distance cab between cities, they always take twice the fare to be paid on the way home.

ZenOps
12-12-2014, 11:22 AM
Little towns in america tend to be cash to this day.

I remember when little townships in Alberta were just getting the ability to buy lotto tickets. It was like - whoo! I don't have to go to town to gamble, lol.