PDA

View Full Version : Korean Restuarant Calgary

wintonyk
12-13-2014, 05:47 PM
I have had a craving lately for Korean. Specifically dolsot bibimbap (hot stone bowl rice dish). Anyone have suggestions for where to go?

Bow Bulgogi on 17th doesn't look like it's on the menu and I heard that Seoul on Macleod is a disgrace for korean food.

max_boost
12-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Insadong --- Marlborough
Koreana --- Macleod Trail 70ish Ave
Sura --- closed :(

Any other good places? Feels like going to the same ones over and over.

shadowz
12-13-2014, 06:26 PM
Sura re-opened as a new restaurant, don day is great for pork bone soup

bleu
12-13-2014, 07:41 PM
San Dong Banjeom in Kilarney

I have yet to go, but I always see it's busy when I drive by....any reviews on this place?

Disoblige
12-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Anju has a good bibimbap, but expensive.

black_2.5RS
12-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Cafe momoko is our spot. Owner is korean and super nice. Neighbourhood restaurant, small place - we like it. Located in the sw by cougar ridge.

GQBalla
12-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Insadong in Marlborough is good. I like it as they seem to not use as much MSG as seoul

l/l/rX
12-13-2014, 10:20 PM
soban inside dragon city mall is one of my favourites.

Asian_defender
12-13-2014, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Anju has a good bibimbap, but expensive.

I find it terrible at anju, too much for mediocre food. Aren't they owned by the group that owns joeys now?

l/l/rX
12-13-2014, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Asian_defender

I find it terrible at anju, too much for mediocre food. Aren't they owned by the group that owns joeys now?

I agree, the rice is always so mushy and the stone bowl is never hot enough to make the rice at the bottom burnt.

Disoblige
12-13-2014, 11:09 PM
The last time I had Anju was at their old 10th Ave location. Maybe things have changed since they moved to 17th Ave.

saiyajin
12-14-2014, 01:34 AM
theres a place inside that mall in Chinatown where Thai Tai is on the corner forgot the name, that place has awesome stone bowl its in the food court but they serve it to you after you take a seat :thumbsup:

buh_buh
12-14-2014, 02:03 AM
I'm a huge fan of Anju, just not of their bibimbap. I'm pretty sure Anju is independently owned.

black_2.5RS
12-14-2014, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by saiyajin
theres a place inside that mall in Chinatown where Thai Tai is on the corner forgot the name, that place has awesome stone bowl its in the food court but they serve it to you after you take a seat :thumbsup:

This place is good too.

JaffX
12-14-2014, 10:59 AM

+1 for this place. The name of the place is Kim Chi House. Their hot stone bowl bibimbaps are really good.

jampack
12-14-2014, 11:15 AM
HanKang Restaurant near Northland Village Mall.. but the original owner apparently has passed (friend of ours too :( ) It has a new owner now but still good food.

Xtrema
12-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I'm a huge fan of Anju, just not of their bibimbap. I'm pretty sure Anju is independently owned.

bibmbap is weak at Anju.

But if you want to be at a trendy place, it's pretty good. Everything in Anju is a bit pricey side for Korean but par for course on 17th.

wintonyk
12-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

I agree, the rice is always so mushy and the stone bowl is never hot enough to make the rice at the bottom burnt.

That burnt rice at the bottom is the best haha.

Thanks guys for the advice. I live in Killarney so going to pop into San Dong first. There is a few on the list for me to try, lately been just making at home.

austic
12-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by JaffX

+1 for this place. The name of the place is Kim Chi House. Their hot stone bowl bibimbaps are really good.

This!

Café Momoko is pretty good too.

Anju is really only good for the wings, the rest is over priced and ok.

flipstah
12-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Insadong or Don Day near Crack Mac's. Anju is catered to white people lol.

ImTherious
12-14-2014, 09:37 PM
Moon Korean BBQ is not a bad option in the deep south (Midnapore).

BensonTT
12-14-2014, 10:38 PM
Whatever you do, dont go to Korean Village.. Place has the worst service and overpriced!!

Xtrema
12-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by BensonTT
Whatever you do, dont go to Korean Village.. Place has the worst service and overpriced!!

That placed must have changed hands a few times. No way food like that will keep it in business that long.

flipstah
12-15-2014, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by JaffX

So that's their name. I love that place!

jwslam
12-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the best korean food ever is Koryo potatoes? :nut: :nut:
Oh and KFC (Korean Fried Chicken), though the new KFC sweet chili crunch is a pretty good imitation.

As for the stone bowl, the Calgary Court version is the worst ever.

killramos
12-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by jwslam
Am I the only one who thinks the best korean food ever is Koryo potatoes? :nut: :nut:

There is definitely crack in those potatoes. I am certain of it.

flipstah
12-15-2014, 09:30 AM
Koryo potatoes are just loaded with sugar.

killramos
12-15-2014, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
Koryo potatoes are just loaded with sugar.

"Sugar"

insert pic here, seems like a bad topic for a google search at work :poosie:

bourge73
12-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Oh and KFC (Korean Fried Chicken), though the new KFC sweet chili crunch is a pretty good imitation.

As for the stone bowl, the Calgary Court version is the worst ever.

OMG. I love olives chicken. Mmm

vw_rabbit2.5
12-15-2014, 10:42 AM
San Dong Banjeom is korean style chinese food and won't have the traditional korean dishes (bbq, pork belly, gamjatang, bibimbap, etc).

For traditional korean food, I like Korean Village. True, service isn't the greatest, but the food is almost as good as home cooked (nothing beats home cooked korean food).

The gamjatang at Korean Village is probably the closest to home cooked. They also have several versions of dolsot bibimbap (beef, veggie, spicy pork). Their Peking Style spicy fried chicken (Gan Pung Gi) is also really good.

The bbq is a bit of a rip off, but most kbbq places in Calgary are overpriced.

AzNxHyDrA
12-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

Anju is part of the Concorde Group now. The food was definitely better at their old location.

+1 for Insadong though, that's my go to place if I want korean.

I heard the place that replaced Sura isn't very impressive.

jwslam
12-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by AzNxHyDrA
I heard the place that replaced Sura isn't very impressive.
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/15/1896698/restaurant/Mt-Pleasant/Wayo-Calgary

max_boost
12-15-2014, 12:42 PM
Korean Village not bad. No complaints from me.

Will give Wayo a try.

YYC needs more Korean restaurants!

vw_rabbit2.5
12-15-2014, 06:11 PM
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/15/1704559/restaurant/Fairview/Han-Corea-Calgary

Check out Han Corea for legit Korean food. It's out in the middle of nowhere, but you can find dishes that you'd only get in a Korean home.

Reminds me of restaurants in Seoul.

max_boost
12-15-2014, 06:39 PM
^^^ Nice thanks for that. Gonna go check it out on the weekend

guessboi
12-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by vw_rabbit2.5

Check out Han Corea for legit Korean food. It's out in the middle of nowhere, but you can find dishes that you'd only get in a Korean home.

Is it kids friendly? I heard good things about it.
I drove by once with my wife a few months ago but the place looks small and was packed so we went else where.

GQBalla
12-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Oh I forgot to mention sura

Is it even open anymore?

My cousin says its like the Korean food in the motherland.

jwslam
12-16-2014, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Oh I forgot to mention sura. Is it even open anymore?

First reply in this thread

Originally posted by max_boost
Sura --- closed :(
For the record, I used to know the owner. I believe the story is that in the family run business, the father passed.

max_boost
12-20-2014, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by vw_rabbit2.5

Reminds me of restaurants in Seoul. I went here today and wow is it ever a hole in the wall. Looking through the menu I was worried we couldn't eat anything it was so authentic! However beef bulgogi and la galbi is always the safe choice haha The meat was delicious though, some of the best i had i would say!. The side dishes unique too as I don't even know what some of it was other than the kimchi lol

Self service water/tea/instant coffee station. Self serve rice too lol

Everyone who ate here were Koreans. I don't think you white people can handle this place. (could be wrong though) Fuck the urbanspoon haters lol

Cost was $36 and I left $45. Will return for sure.

INITIALD
12-20-2014, 07:52 PM
For the price you cannot beat Insadong :thumbsup:

muse017
12-21-2014, 12:45 AM
I went here today and wow is it ever a hole in the wall. Looking through the menu I was worried we couldn't eat anything it was so authentic! However beef bulgogi and la galbi is always the safe choice haha The meat was delicious though, some of the best i had i would say!. The side dishes unique too as I don't even know what some of it was other than the kimchi lol

Everyone who ate here were Koreans. I don't think you white people can handle this place. (could be wrong though) Fuck the urbanspoon haters lol

I love their side dishes not only they're prepared fresh everyday but some side dishes are so unique you wouldnt be able to find them in other so called Korean restaurants in Calgary.

Mibz
12-21-2014, 09:52 AM
Went to Moon in Midnapore last night and had the AYCE. All three of us loved it, but we're all white, so you never know.

max_boost
12-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Nice will try the moon place next weekend. Thanks for that!

Mibz
12-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Yeah, let me know what an Asian thinks. I'm gonna keep going for sure, haha.

vw_rabbit2.5
12-22-2014, 10:01 AM
I went here today and wow is it ever a hole in the wall. Looking through the menu I was worried we couldn't eat anything it was so authentic! However beef bulgogi and la galbi is always the safe choice haha The meat was delicious though, some of the best i had i would say!. The side dishes unique too as I don't even know what some of it was other than the kimchi lol

Glad you enjoyed it. Try the spicy squid stirfry next time. It's the bomb.

Also, the self serve tea, coffee, rice, is very reminiscent of what you would find at restaurants in korea.

flipstah
12-22-2014, 10:24 AM

Time to check this out!

I see jokbal on the menu OMG. :thumbsup: :drool:

secol
12-22-2014, 11:39 AM
had reservations at han corea on saturday night, they called me 30 mins before my reservation saying their place got filled up and they have to push me back by an hour :facepalm:

will still try it out, but seriously??

guessboi
12-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by secol
had reservations at han corea on saturday night, they called me 30 mins before my reservation saying their place got filled up and they have to push me back by an hour :facepalm:

will still try it out, but seriously??

First come first serve. :rofl:

max_boost
12-22-2014, 12:34 PM
lol reservations? there are like 5 tables in this place. of course they are going to take the walk in service.

don't go here with high expectations of ambience or service. it's simple and i love it for that.

guessboi
12-22-2014, 01:16 PM
lol reservations? there are like 5 tables in this place. of course they are going to take the walk in service.

don't go here with high expectations of ambience or service. it's simple and i love it for that.

You think I can bring my 2 1/2 old daughter and 3 month old son to this place? I don't know if they have a high chair or not. :rofl:

holden
12-22-2014, 02:27 PM

x2. I read an online review where somebody complained about the service. The restaurant is the same style as in Korea, meaning that the waiter/waitress will take your order when you first arrive, but don't expect them to come back around to see how you are doing or if you want the bill. Like in some restaurants in Korea, drinks and rice are self serve (can you actually serve alcohol like that?).

I actually prefer this style of service (of course in Asia it's better that you don't have to tip). If you need some help, just yell "chogiyo" and somebody should come out of the back to help.

wintonyk
12-22-2014, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by holden

x2. I read an online review where somebody complained about the service. The restaurant is the same style as in Korea, meaning that the waiter/waitress will take your order when you first arrive, but don't expect them to come back around to see how you are doing or if you want the bill. Like in some restaurants in Korea, drinks and rice are self serve (can you actually serve alcohol like that?).

I actually prefer this style of service (of course in Asia it's better that you don't have to tip). If you need some help, just yell "chogiyo" and somebody should come out of the back to help.

man i didn't ever experience self serve rice in korea. I would tend to say it was the best service I have experienced on average. Never overbearing that's for sure.

My favourite thing was the red call button. Perfect for when you run low on soju or bulgogi.

secol
12-23-2014, 10:17 AM
i remember it....the soju cooler was also self-serve :S

souljer
12-26-2014, 07:16 PM
Damn I was hoping to keep Han corea my secret spot. Haha but you guys found out. This place is bomb. Don't expect much for service. Worth the wait. The blackberry wine is fucking good to go with any Korean dish. $24/bottle. I usually go through a couple with my buddies haha the Lil side dishes they give you in the beginning are delicious

max_boost
12-29-2014, 01:54 AM
I went to wayo today and enjoyed it.

clem24
12-29-2014, 10:21 AM
I find the most consistently good has been Clubhouse in the NW by Safeway in Montgomery. It's a fucking shithole as I assume they also own the bar next door. Lots of tour groups come by, but it's really hard to beat the way they make their kalbi. It's been our go-to place for a few years now (and I've tried just about all the places listed here except Han).

And yes OP they also have dolsot bibimbap (i.e. bibimbap in a stone bowl). Actually a very solid/fast/cheap place for that is the food court in the mall at the SW corner of 3rd Ave and Centre St.

But definitely will be going to Han Corea next. Looks freakin' awesome!

max_boost
12-29-2014, 12:44 PM
Perfect. Will try ClubHouse. Awesome.

962 kid
12-29-2014, 01:13 PM
Seoul Korean BBQ is decent, but lately I've been eating a lot more at ogam chicken near Chinook :drool:

wintonyk
12-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by clem24
I find the most consistently good has been Clubhouse in the NW by Safeway in Montgomery. It's a fucking shithole as I assume they also own the bar next door. Lots of tour groups come by, but it's really hard to beat the way they make their kalbi. It's been our go-to place for a few years now (and I've tried just about all the places listed here except Han).

And yes OP they also have dolsot bibimbap (i.e. bibimbap in a stone bowl). Actually a very solid/fast/cheap place for that is the food court in the mall at the SW corner of 3rd Ave and Centre St.

But definitely will be going to Han Corea next. Looks freakin' awesome!

half the time those shithole looking places are amazing. it's a don't judge a book by its cover scenario. Going to have to check that place out.

BigDL
12-29-2014, 10:49 PM
Clubhouse restaurant side isn't that bad looking just the place next door looks like a shithole. My family likes their spicy seafood soup that they have, and the oyster pancake.

clem24
12-30-2014, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by BigDL
Clubhouse restaurant side isn't that bad looking just the place next door looks like a shithole. My family likes their spicy seafood soup that they have, and the oyster pancake.

Ya this is true.. The restaurant side is actually nice but you'll constantly see some fairly shady characters having a smoke outside. Not to mention the XXX store right next door to bar side hahaha.

Unknown303
12-30-2014, 11:46 AM
Any recommendations on food to try at Moon? Heading there tonight for dinner with some friends.

holden
12-30-2014, 01:36 PM
A little off topic, but does anyone know of any liquor stores that sell makgeolli?

Amysicle
12-30-2014, 09:33 PM

flipstah
12-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle
http://www.liquorconnect.com/Products/Pages/3210-00480012.aspx

Amy is my hero. :love:

flipstah
01-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Just finished Han Corea underneath the Korean Community Centre and it's the most legit, hole-in-the-wall Korean restaurant in Calgary.

A little bit on the pricey side but it felt like I was in Korea! I love the place and it's my go-to spot for jokbal (Korean pig feet) and soondae (blood sausage), two dishes I couldn't get enough of in Seoul but had trouble finding in Calgary.

TILL TODAY!

Dropped $150+tip for 4... Definitely on the high side of things.

max_boost
01-22-2015, 09:48 PM
Glad you liked it flipstah!

Went to Clubhouse and really enjoyed the food. Best seafood pancake IMO.

A|pine
01-22-2015, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle
http://www.liquorconnect.com/Products/Pages/3210-00480012.aspx

The liquor store in TnT strip mall with the Canadian tire sells it. It is owned by a Korean guy.

Speed_69
01-22-2015, 11:43 PM
Has anyone been to Hankang by Sir Winston Churchill high school lately?

I remember few years ago people here use to rave about it but I went after and didn't find it that good? Wondering if it's actually still 'supposedly' good?

I'll have to try Han Corea for lunch soon as I work nearby. Did you guys see lunch box specials on the menu?

msommers
01-23-2015, 08:37 AM
As an ignorant white guy about authentic Korean food, what would you guys suggest to try? I like seafood, squid and chicken dishes mainly but pork is ok too. Maybe not pig feet the first go around...

Unknown303
01-23-2015, 08:46 AM
Get the pig feet!

flipstah
01-23-2015, 09:34 AM
Jigae is a type of soup. Get a spicy one with tofu and mushrooms.

Bulgogi and Galbi are grilled beef dishes.

Jokbal is pig feet. Get that with makgeolli, which is liqueur.

They have English descriptions on the menu so you're okay!

Gunbae! (Cheers!)

clem24
01-23-2015, 10:03 AM
Went to Clubhouse and really enjoyed the food. Best seafood pancake IMO.

Nice! Did you stop by the porn store after? :rofl:

jwslam
01-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by msommers
As an authentic white guy, what would you guys suggest to try?
FTFY
I like Insadong. If you get the lunch box, it always comes with a protein you choose and then a seafood pancake plus several other sides; the pancake is very up and down because I think they cook it in batches and just let it sit, so sometimes it's hot and crispy and others it's cold and soggy. In the latter case, I try to pack it home to reheat, but then I end up eating it anyways LOL. Ones I've tried are spicy chicken (I recall as mostly white meat), beef, spicy beef, short rib, tempura. All very good. And it's cheap at ~$10/box all day.

Insadong also does AYCE BBQ which IMO is better than Seoul on MacLeod (but service is very slow as they are often understaffed)

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/15/1711432/restaurant/Marlborough/Insadong-Korean-BBQ-Restaurant-Calgary

BigDL
01-23-2015, 10:18 AM
Another good thing on Clubhouse menu is 32 and 33 I think are the numbers. Spicy Beef and Octopus or Squid. It also has some noodles in it too.

max_boost
01-26-2015, 06:41 PM
Moon was delicious but damn it felt far driving from dt to Midnapore lol

Any more options for Korean?

max_boost
01-26-2015, 06:42 PM

Nice! Did you stop by the porn store after? :rofl: haha I gotta say it's also bizarre with the pub/lounge next door. You see these sketchy looking people coming out for a smoke lol

msommers
01-26-2015, 08:05 PM
Jigae is a type of soup. Get a spicy one with tofu and mushrooms.

Bulgogi and Galbi are grilled beef dishes.

Jokbal is pig feet. Get that with makgeolli, which is liqueur.

They have English descriptions on the menu so you're okay!

Gunbae! (Cheers!)

FTFY
I like Insadong. If you get the lunch box, it always comes with a protein you choose and then a seafood pancake plus several other sides; the pancake is very up and down because I think they cook it in batches and just let it sit, so sometimes it's hot and crispy and others it's cold and soggy. In the latter case, I try to pack it home to reheat, but then I end up eating it anyways LOL. Ones I've tried are spicy chicken (I recall as mostly white meat), beef, spicy beef, short rib, tempura. All very good. And it's cheap at ~$10/box all day.

Insadong also does AYCE BBQ which IMO is better than Seoul on MacLeod (but service is very slow as they are often understaffed)

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/15/1711432/restaurant/Marlborough/Insadong-Korean-BBQ-Restaurant-Calgary

Thanks guys! :thumbsup:

vw_rabbit2.5
01-27-2015, 09:47 AM
Calgary needs a korean bbq restaurant that uses charcoal. Gas grilled just doesn't taste the same.

ercchry
01-27-2015, 10:12 AM
going to anju on friday... taking some pretty white white-people... hopefully its okay or im going to be in trouble (brother's b-day and so far he hasnt liked any of my suggestions in the past) :rofl:

clem24
01-27-2015, 10:43 AM
Tried out Han Corea thanks to this thread. Yeah it's pricey but very good, though it's one of those places that serves 'heavier' Korean meals; not something you can have often. We ordered the fried octopus something, pretty much the most expensive thing on the menu at $53, but it'll easily feed 4 people. Very tasty but like I said also very heavy.

My only issue with that place is that it's not very n00b friendly LOL. The waitress barely speaks English and wasn't very helpful at all with how to cook our dish (and the fact that you had to add your own rice and fry it yourself at the end thing).

Will definitely come back to try out the other stuff on the menu, like the pork blood soup. Not sure about the tripe though as although I love Chinese style tripe (and sometimes Mexican), Koreans typically make it quite different and not to my liking. But definitely on the adventurous side. Now all they have to do is offer live octopus which is on my bucket list LOL.

I'd still say Clubhouse remains my go-to for comfort Korean.

flipstah
01-27-2015, 10:52 AM
Tried out Han Corea thanks to this thread. Yeah it's pricey but very good, though it's one of those places that serves 'heavier' Korean meals; not something you can have often. We ordered the fried octopus something, pretty much the most expensive thing on the menu at $53, but it'll easily feed 4 people. Very tasty but like I said also very heavy.

My only issue with that place is that it's not very n00b friendly LOL. The waitress barely speaks English and wasn't very helpful at all with how to cook our dish (and the fact that you had to add your own rice and fry it yourself at the end thing).

Will definitely come back to try out the other stuff on the menu, like the pork blood soup. Not sure about the tripe though as although I love Chinese style tripe (and sometimes Mexican), Koreans typically make it quite different and not to my liking. But definitely on the adventurous side. Now all they have to do is offer live octopus which is on my bucket list LOL.

I'd still say Clubhouse remains my go-to for comfort Korean.

I agree. I ordered blood sausage, pig feet, and the octopus and that was $100 right there lol.

Definitely not n00b friendly. I had to watch some of the regulars to see what the social norms were before making our move.

I'll try Clubhouse next time.

clem24
01-27-2015, 11:03 AM

I agree. I ordered blood sausage, pig feet, and the octopus and that was $100 right there lol.

Definitely not n00b friendly. I had to watch some of the regulars to see what the social norms were before making our move.

What's mind blowing is that $53 buys you maybe $5 in ingredients; there's absolutely NOTHING specular in there. It's just the same frozen baby octopus that you buy from T&T, clear noodles, and cabbage. I mean, fuck you cook the thing yourself! I can't see how this can't be done at home as long as you know what goes in it. Still it was good, not complaining or anything LOL.

Although with Han Corea, what we really enjoyed most were the side dishes! Very unique and very fresh. The boiled egg was awesome! It's too bad they don't have a menu item that's just a bowl of rice and a bunch of side dishes. I could definitely have that often.

flipstah
01-27-2015, 11:56 AM
I only eat out to steal their menus and cook it at home. :rofl:

max_boost
01-27-2015, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
going to anju on friday... taking some pretty white white-people... hopefully its okay or im going to be in trouble (brother's b-day and so far he hasnt liked any of my suggestions in the past) :rofl:

I say Anju is perfect for you foodie white ppl with lots of $$$ to burn

clem24
01-27-2015, 03:00 PM
LOL Surprisingly the table next to me at Han, a white dude with Asian Persuasion, was eating the blood sausage. Actually wanted to steal the 970GTX he had sitting on the chair. Hmm now that I think about it, possible Beyonder?

Quizzes
01-27-2015, 04:58 PM
I enjoy Bow Bulgogi House. Good and affordable. :thumbsup:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/15/190212/restaurant/17th-Ave-SW/Bow-Bulgogi-House-Calgary

gatorade
01-28-2015, 03:37 AM

I say Anju is perfect for you foodie white ppl with lots of $$$ to burn

I'd hardly call Anju korean, fusion perhaps but barely reminds me of Korean food at all.

l/l/rX
01-28-2015, 09:42 AM
Ssome has probably the best Korean fried chicken in Calgary, everything else there is just mediocre though.

saiyajin
01-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
Ssome has probably the best Korean fried chicken in Calgary, everything else there is just mediocre though.

where? :dunno:

ercchry
01-28-2015, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by gatorade

I'd hardly call Anju korean, fusion perhaps but barely reminds me of Korean food at all.

in this case thats probably for the best :rofl:

where? :dunno:

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/ssome-pocha-calgary :dunno:

max_boost
01-28-2015, 11:54 AM
Cafe Momoko for Korean?
Zenbu in Airdrie?

Anyone been?

gatorade
02-08-2015, 05:17 PM
Cafe Momoko for Korean?

Anyone been?

Been to Cafe Momoko. The food is decent but the menu is really small and needs more traditional korean dishes. The owner is really awesome though.

nj2Type-S
02-06-2018, 02:37 PM

I've got to bump this thread because of han corea. this place is awesome! been there 5 times in the last 2 weeks. perfect for the cold weather, too!

wintonyk
02-08-2018, 11:37 PM
I appreciate the bump. I haven't been back for a couple years and have a craving lately.

suntan
02-13-2018, 03:33 PM
Can confirm that Han Corea is the most home-style Korean I've had in Calgary. Very close to my mom's cooking.

Wow are they still open until 1am?

dirtsniffer
02-13-2018, 04:26 PM
Gyu - Kaku. so good, apparently japanese korean bbq haha

gunbeh!

ercchry
02-13-2018, 08:58 PM
Gyu - Kaku. so good, apparently japanese korean bbq haha

gunbeh!

That place is super confused haha! But was good, lots of care put into the maintenance of the grills, and preparation of the dishes

BensonTT
02-14-2018, 11:31 AM
Korean Village is #1 in my book lol