PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan School Attack.

ICEBERG
12-16-2014, 09:28 AM
Another shameless act of cowardice. Such a horrible tragedy.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/pakistan-school-attack-taliban-militants-kill-126-peshawar-n269011

codetrap
12-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Is this where Toma goes on a rant saying that Pakistan deserved this because US? Or perhaps Arash will go off on a tangent and start claiming this is a false flag event because ZioAmericanism...

Toma
12-16-2014, 08:58 PM
Crazy. over a decade of war, drone strikes, massive civilian deaths, and these guys are still around.

What was the point then?

Sad.

Modelexis
12-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Crazy. over a decade of war, drone strikes, massive civilian deaths, and these guys are still around.

What was the point then?

Sad.

I think the mistake was thinking it was only a group of people, when it is an entire worldwide religion that cannot be stopped with war.
Declaring war on a sect of muslim extremists only fuels their fire.

dirtsniffer
12-16-2014, 09:32 PM
What we should do is fund another sect to take them out amirite?

jdmXSI
12-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
What we should do is fund another sect to take them out amirite?

and then wait for that sect to go off the rails and find another sect to fund to take them out. Rinse and repeat?

ragu
12-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis

I think the mistake was thinking it was only a group of people, when it is an entire worldwide religion that cannot be stopped with war.
Declaring war on a sect of muslim extremists only fuels their fire.

Thanks for condemning the attack and displaying that each life is equal. :rolleyes:

This is what happens when your political knowledge is limited to recent months at best. Before you lump this incidence with broader geopolitics -
this is a third world country that has sacrificed the largest number of lives under US led war on terror.

It will be hard for you to understand geopolitics but maybe following two videos will help you reduce your specific hate:

Prepping them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYvO3qAlyTg

Admitting it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2CE0fyz4ys

Solution? more enabling.

Modelexis
12-16-2014, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by ragu

I don't know how you've fabricated what you assume is my political position based on an indirect side comment about a religion of violence but you're assumptions are unfounded.
You don't have to remind me that the US is responsible for arming and training ignorant dogmatic foreigners in the art of war.

The problem is not that people are told god is on their side, the problem is that people are so ignorant and dogmatic and stuck in their cult religion of war that they believe the words and will die to defend the false notion.

ragu
12-16-2014, 10:41 PM

I don't know how you've fabricated what you assume is my political position based on an indirect side comment about a religion of violence but you're assumptions are unfounded.
You don't have to remind me that the US is responsible for arming and training ignorant dogmatic foreigners in the art of war.

Paradox much? first you make an indirect side comment about a religion yet understand that US is responsible for arming and training militants.

I think the equation starts with arming and training militants often knowingly that soon enough they will be running after power while shouting 'look we share the same religion' - this is part of geopolitics and managing chaos in a certain region to maintain your power.

Modelexis
12-16-2014, 10:45 PM
The equation starts with religion, it starts with the idea that you should slaughter people who oppose your religion. It starts with a book that encourages war and murder and brutality. I agree that when you mix that with a bunch of guns and training and money you have a shit storm but you can't have one without the other.

Lots of nations are armed and trained but have a high enough level of intelligence to not go around cutting heads off of innocent people.
On the other side, you have a lot of ignorant religious idiots that are pacifists.

You don't have to try very hard to convince me that the US is almost entirely responsible for the taliban.

ragu
12-16-2014, 11:22 PM
The equation starts with religion, it starts with the idea that you should slaughter people who oppose your religion. It starts with a book that encourages war and murder and brutality. I agree that when you mix that with a bunch of guns and training and money you have a shit storm but you can't have one without the other.

Lots of nations are armed and trained but have a high enough level of intelligence to not go around cutting heads off of innocent people.
On the other side, you have a lot of ignorant religious idiots that are pacifists.

You don't have to try very hard to convince me that the US is almost entirely responsible for the taliban.

Bible, Torah and Quran bring the same text that will support war/ murder without context. These are all religions and what you bring to it will define it - in this case Taliban bring forth violence because that's what they have seen since 1970s. I guess you can put Buddhism in the same pile once you look at Myanmar...

Again, this attack was in response to Pakistani military operations against Taliban which have been in full force since June. It was not because these innocent children wanted to go to school as Harper claimed in his tweet today. It's all about building stereotypes and capitalizing them via vested interests.

turbotrip
12-17-2014, 10:26 AM
The equation starts with religion, it starts with the idea that you should slaughter people who oppose your religion. It starts with a book that encourages war and murder and brutality.

the books of all 3 major religions are pretty much the same

BavarianBeast
12-17-2014, 10:45 AM
How is religion still even around?

Thales of Miletus
12-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast
How is religion still even around?

Brainwashing of children.

BavarianBeast
12-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

I was tossed into Catholic school as a child. Graduated from a Catholoic school in grade 12 as well.

I think I lost my faith religion around the time I was in grade 8 or 9. It was pretty clear to me by that time that religions is a bunch of bullshit and is unnecessary to be a moral person.

duaner
12-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

Not only is this patently false for the majority of followers, if one wants to argue this and be consistent, they must also allow that atheists and the irreligious are brainwashed. Cuts both ways.

Originally posted by BavarianBeast

I was tossed into Catholic school as a child. Graduated from a Catholoic school in grade 12 as well.

I think I lost my faith religion around the time I was in grade 8 or 9. It was pretty clear to me by that time that religions is a bunch of bullshit and is unnecessary to be a moral person.
Of course, there is far more to it than that.