PDA

View Full Version : Winter Supercars in Calgary? NO PICS :(

Pages : [1] 2

flipstah
12-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Curious as to what kind of 'supercars' you've seen run around in Calgary. If you still can't fathom how much money this city has, this thread might help:

- R8 (V8 or V10, not sure)
- Bentley Conti GT
- Ferrari FF
- Nissan GT-R

Right now it's just a discussion, but feel free to share if you have photos!

Team_Mclaren
12-17-2014, 05:01 PM
GTRs are super cars?

killramos
12-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Tbh I think an xDrive Alpina B7 is more impressive as a winter baller beater.

A buddies dad used to daily his S65 all winter. He had an extra for when it was in the shop from cracking it up.

:nut:

rage2
12-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Looks like the criteria is just cars over 100k.

flipstah
12-17-2014, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
GTRs are super cars?

Aren't they? :dunno:

vengie
12-17-2014, 05:15 PM
I've seen the FF

VWEvo
12-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Decided to throw winters on my M5 and its been fantastic. I bought the Petrocanada wash card, so the car gets a wash every other day. My F150 is collecting dust now.

E46..sTyLez
12-17-2014, 05:24 PM
I've definitely seen a 911 Turbo winter driven...Rage wouldn't know anything about what that's like :D

max_boost
12-17-2014, 05:37 PM
It's not even winter right now. Feels more like spring out there. Above 0 temps and dry roads.

Ferrari FF and Audi R8. :drool:

FraserB
12-17-2014, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by vengie
I've seen the FF

Cardel Baller.

Chantastic
12-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Saw a black 997 Carerra GT...S? GT4? I didn't see it clearly, but it looked like it had a GT3 body kit and the center lock wheels.

edit: if you consider that a supercar. Also seen a few M5's, that always puts a smile on my face in winter

Graham_A_M
12-17-2014, 05:57 PM
A doctor whose good friends with a long time buddy of mine has a Lexus LFA as his winter beater. A ferrari 458 italia for his summer whip. The fucker is my age. :cry: yes I'm very jelly.

dj_rice
12-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Not in Calgary but there will be a 2015 Black S63 AMG Coupe rolling around very soon in Edmonton. Customer just got Pirelli Winter Sottzero 3 installed on it. 255/40R20 Fronts 285/35R20 Rears

spikerS
12-17-2014, 06:00 PM
saw a newer viper on CHB the other day, and then head north on QE2.

roll_over
12-17-2014, 06:04 PM
I see a bentley continental being winter driven, two of them actually

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-17-2014, 06:08 PM
C6 Z06 and regular Corvettes I see often.

Saw a Maserati earlier this evening on Crowchild.

I've seen the dark grey FF around recently.

rx7boi
12-17-2014, 06:12 PM
There's an R8 at the World Health gym on Macleod near the Korean restaurant Seoul which I see in the winter.

rage2
12-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Not in Calgary but there will be a 2015 Black S63 AMG Coupe rolling around very soon in Edmonton. Customer just got Pirelli Winter Sottzero 3 installed on it. 255/40R20 Fronts 285/35R20 Rears
I must be getting old because that's my ideal winter beater if I had the coin.

roll_over
12-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Taken November 25

Fly Fishin'
12-17-2014, 06:19 PM
I worked at Distinctive long enough to see them all out in the snow at some point but never a lotus.

faiz999
12-17-2014, 06:26 PM
ive seen the grey FF, the turbos around town but nothing else really.

483hp
12-17-2014, 07:08 PM
911TT, C4, or C4S are awesome year round cars.

xnvy
12-17-2014, 07:25 PM
Maserati Quattroporte and an R8 Spyder. :nut:

lamp_shade_2000
12-17-2014, 07:53 PM
In the south I have seen:

Lots of GTRs
Fisker Karma
yellow lambo galardo
Porsche 911
C6 stingray corvette
Bentleys
Ferrari FF
Even saw one aston martin DB something
Porsche Panamera
R8 convertable

Even if I was a multi millionaire I wouldn't drive half of those in the winter just because of the abuse the roads and other drivers may inflict..

Nitro5
12-17-2014, 08:34 PM
There's the guy in McKenzie Towne that has a Ferrari 308 as his winter beater.

roll_over
12-17-2014, 08:41 PM
Now that you mentioned it I saw a panamera today but is that really a super car?

VWEvo
12-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
A doctor whose good friends with a long time buddy of mine has a Lexus LFA as his winter beater. A ferrari 458 italia for his summer whip. The fucker is my age. :cry: yes I'm very jelly.
After all the crap you posted in the wine thread , you have no credibility. I call bullshit that your friends, friends, friend drives an LFA as his winter beater. I can guarantee that you couldn't get pics of that. Your stories seriously are ridiculous.

know1edge
12-17-2014, 09:02 PM

ExtraSlow
12-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Two jobs ago, there was an R8, a Carerra 4S, and a Bentley, I think it was a Mulsanne that parked there all year.
My current parkade seems to attract more pickup trucks, most exotic thing I usually see are the three Raptors that park there daily.

ToXicXxX
12-17-2014, 09:14 PM
I see tons of Porsches/M cars/AMG's in our little group of shops all the time.

I drive my C63 in winter, but that hardly counts.

Proyecto2000
12-17-2014, 09:19 PM
at my parkade I see 2 Panamera's, 1 GTR, 1 Maserati and a few AMG's

killramos
12-17-2014, 09:23 PM
There a great rs7 in my parkade. Great winter beater.

Team_Mclaren
12-17-2014, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by VWEvo

After all the crap you posted in the wine thread , you have no credibility. I call bullshit that your friends, friends, friend drives an LFA as his winter beater. I can guarantee that you couldn't get pics of that. Your stories seriously are ridiculous.

post of the week :rofl: :rofl:

second on the that being BS. An LFA is 100k more than the 458, not to mention its more limited than a 458.

GTS4tw
12-17-2014, 10:33 PM

Haha :werd: Thank you for saying it.

mr2mike
12-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Ferrari 318 downtown.

flipstah
12-17-2014, 11:23 PM
Interesting encounters. Mostly in the south!

That grey FF is awesome! Has black wheels and sounds great. :drool:

The C6 Corvette is the weird one IMO.

Link? Sounds hilarious lol.

dj_rice
12-17-2014, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I must be getting old because that's my ideal winter beater if I had the coin.

Have you gotten a chance to test drive one yet?

Such a big looking car in person, putting it in the size comparison of a Aston Martin coupe size. But man, the interior is so plush. Its like sitting on a comfy ass couch driving around.

And that exhaust note doe, woo boy, hearing the V8 rumble but hearing the turbos spool up as well...:drool:

The salesguy was saying this is the 2nd one in Canada currently.

Cody D
12-18-2014, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Fly Fishin'
I worked at Distinctive long enough to see them all out in the snow at some point but never a lotus.

I drove my Lotus in winter, even with the top off a couple times, haha. Not a supercar I know, just wanted to reply to Fly Fishin'.

http://i.imgur.com/A7pxX4Q.jpg

cam_wmh
12-18-2014, 12:13 AM

http://i.imgur.com/RZPxB7Y.gif

cam_wmh
12-18-2014, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by flipstah
Link? Sounds hilarious lol.

Here ya go, my R brother.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/red-wine-ideas/showthread.php?s=&threadid=384000&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

xnvy
12-18-2014, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Cody D

I drove my Lotus in winter, even with the top off a couple times, haha. Not a supercar I know, just wanted to reply to Fly Fishin'.

http://i.imgur.com/A7pxX4Q.jpg That's how it's done. :thumbsup:

I'm still a student and am well aways from owning a Lotus but I did drive my friends Miata on a "Polar Bear Run" with the top down last year. Got pranked hard, they told me everyone shows up in a t-shirt and shorts for it and I stupidly believed them. :facepalm:

Cody D
12-18-2014, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by xnvy
That's how it's done. :thumbsup:

I'm still a student and am well aways from owning a Lotus but I did drive my friends Miata on a "Polar Bear Run" with the top down last year. Got pranked hard, they told me everyone shows up in a t-shirt and shorts for it and I stupidly believed them. :facepalm:

That is great. I love my Miata, one of the best cars I've owned. I don't care for the looks but I really enjoy driving it. :D

sneek
12-18-2014, 01:29 AM
Two of my clients from beyond rep some pretty sweet winter "beaters". One has a C4S and the other has a manual R8. That said, I am pretty sure both of them have SUV's for those horrible days. One of them explained to me that there are more "winter" type days than summer days so that is why he drives something fun. :thumbsup: both of them are hardcore car enthusiasts but I would cry if my 911 or R8 was involved in any sort of accident.

max_boost
12-18-2014, 02:03 AM
Damn graham u got called out lol plZ deliver some pics! I don't drink wine so don't know what u said there lol

I'm pretty happy with my 911 in this weather :D however don't consider it a super car though

VWEvo
12-18-2014, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Damn graham u got called out lol plZ deliver some pics! I don't drink wine so don't know what u said there lol

I'm pretty happy with my 911 in this weather :D however don't consider it a super car though

Dont even bother waiting for Graham to respond. Just like the wine thread he doesn't respond to people calling out his Bullshit. If you want good laughs go read the wine thread.

Fly Fishin'
12-18-2014, 06:45 AM

http://i.imgur.com/A7pxX4Q.jpg

Damn I love those. I did see a super seven out last March in the porcupine hills area. Top down looked way to cold for me.

Graham_A_M
12-18-2014, 06:47 AM

Dont even bother waiting for Graham to respond. Just like the wine thread he doesn't respond to people calling out his Bullshit. If you want good laughs go read the wine thread.

Yeah that's it. So I forgot a lot of my schooling as its been more then a few years now since I took the course, and made more then a few mistakes in that thread with what I thought I knew. I felt sheepish since I was obviously in the wrong, so what else am I supposed to respond to that? Tell me? A lengthy apology of leading people astray? :rolleyes: I think it's pretty safe to say I screwed up on some points so I didn't bother responding further

I'll see what I can do for pics. I've never met the doctor in question...
But I'll see if I can some pics texted to me from my buddy. From there I'll post them up. To me I found that hard to believe myself, why someone would put a car like that through the winter roads.... but...

Fly Fishin'
12-18-2014, 07:36 AM
The Fisker karma was a fun ride in the snow but it weights as much as the death star so that helps.

killramos
12-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by cam_wmh

Here ya go, my R brother.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st2/red-wine-ideas/showthread.php?s=&threadid=384000&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

:rofl: That was priceless,

Isn't Graham a farmer? With his fine wine expertise and buddies who winter their 1/500 in the world LFA's.

I always call BS whenever someone talks about an LFA haha, the odds just aren't there even in this city, or province for that matter.

R154
12-18-2014, 08:17 AM
http://www.lexussouthpointe.com/lexus-lfa-edmonton.html

Well there is at least ONE in Alberta :angel:

As for Graham, that thread is friggen priceless. Poor Graham, his poor beyond e-rep just took a shit kicking. :clap:

killramos
12-18-2014, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by R154

As for Graham, that thread is friggen priceless. Poor Graham, his poor beyond e-rep just took a shit kicking. :clap:

We should have asked him what color it was before you posted! :rofl:

Mibz
12-18-2014, 09:17 AM
I don't remember posting "The wine you're choosing is too old" in the wine thread at all, but I LOLed hard. I crack myself up.

flipstah
12-18-2014, 09:36 AM

Yeah that's it. So I forgot a lot of my schooling as its been more then a few years now since I took the course, and made more then a few mistakes in that thread with what I thought I knew. I felt sheepish since I was obviously in the wrong, so what else am I supposed to respond to that? Tell me? A lengthy apology of leading people astray? :rolleyes: I think it's pretty safe to say I screwed up on some points so I didn't bother responding further

But I'll see if I can some pics texted to me from my buddy. From there I'll post them up. To me I found that hard to believe myself, why someone would put a car like that through the winter roads.... but...

That's usually what people do when they know an error was made. Or at least edit the post. But that's okay.

From what I've read, you rarely make mistakes so it'll take some time to get used to it. :thumbsup:

rage2
12-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by sneek
Two of my clients from beyond rep some pretty sweet winter "beaters". One has a C4S and the other has a manual R8. That said, I am pretty sure both of them have SUV's for those horrible days.
An AWD 911 is the greatest winter car I've ever driven, supercar or not. You don't even need an SUV for the truly horrible days, even though it's low and plows a bit in the deep stuff, there is zero trouble powering through it all.

When I had mine, it was just fitted with crappy Kumho winters. With studded tires, it would've been truly invincible.

Tik-Tok
12-18-2014, 10:01 AM

Is your friend a car guy at all? If not, I bet it's an IS-F.

bjstare
12-18-2014, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Is your friend a car guy at all? If not, I bet it's an IS-F.

:werd: There is no way it's an LFA.

Xtrema
12-18-2014, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by vengie
I've seen the FF

Yup. -10C, pebbles everywhere on #1 heading east.

VWEvo
12-18-2014, 11:29 AM

You called yourself a Sommelier. You don't just take a couple online courses to become a Sommelier and then just forget about your schooling. Its like becoming an engineer and later forgetting the difference between wood and metal. Your post in the wine thread was a lot more than a "few mistakes" it was completely wrong. You suggested they mix different berries, spices etc into wine to give it "aroma". Seriously, that's just full on retard. That's when all of a sudden I realized all these years, you probably have been talking bullshit. This thread and your post is just proof of it. Trust me, I realize your an old school beyonder, so nothing will make me happier to be proven wrong. (Ie. post your Sommelier Certificate, and pics of this Winter LFA) Unfortunately, I'm willing to bet, neither exist.

R154
12-18-2014, 11:30 AM
VW is really dropping the hammer on this.

flipstah
12-18-2014, 11:33 AM
Shit just got real up in here, didn't it.

R154
12-18-2014, 11:41 AM
Crossing threads and stuff. Crazy.

flipstah
12-18-2014, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by rage2

An AWD 911 is the greatest winter car I've ever driven, supercar or not. You don't even need an SUV for the truly horrible days, even though it's low and plows a bit in the deep stuff, there is zero trouble powering through it all.

When I had mine, it was just fitted with crappy Kumho winters. With studded tires, it would've been truly invincible.

Too bad you couldn't fit a car seat for the young one in the back :(

Mibz
12-18-2014, 11:56 AM
A lengthy apology of leading people astray? Yes. You pretended you were an expert and gave some really bad advice. It's the least you could have done. What if somebody had repeated what you said to others?
"Why did you trust a guy on the internet?"
"He said he was a sommelier!"

Toma's doing the same thing as you and look at how it's going for him. He could have saved himself a lot of face, and ridicule, if he just acknowledged it was a stupid thing to do and apologized for it. We all do stupid shit in the heat of the moment, anybody who pretended that they didn't in that thread would be the new target for ridicule.

:hijack:

Strider
12-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Crossing threads and stuff. Crazy.

I've been waiting to see when someone would call him out on it again... He got off lightly in the wine thread.

So I forgot a lot of my schooling as its been more then a few years now since I took the course, and made more then a few mistakes in that thread with what I thought I knew.

Whoops, I forgot that my sommelier course taught me that they don't mix berries and spices into wine??

I'd think that's something you wouldn't forget. I'm not a wine connoisseur by any stretch (in fact, barely a wine drinker) and I know that they don't mix in random shit.

infamous
12-18-2014, 12:10 PM
lol I've had to drive some pretty nice cars in the snow, my list includes the following:

R8 V10 Spyder
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/infamous3469/snowr8_zps524f726d.jpg (http://s167.photobucket.com/user/infamous3469/media/snowr8_zps524f726d.jpg.html)

BMW Z8 lol
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/infamous3469/IMG_4729_zps8d1d2ad5.jpg (http://s167.photobucket.com/user/infamous3469/media/IMG_4729_zps8d1d2ad5.jpg.html)
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/infamous3469/IMG_4732_zpsfb37cfc0.jpg (http://s167.photobucket.com/user/infamous3469/media/IMG_4732_zpsfb37cfc0.jpg.html)

some others I don't have pics of include:

Ferrari California
Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder
M6

and then as far as winter beaters I've seen driving, there are a couple of Bentley's and 911 Turbo's, there is a Fisker Karma that drives by my work every day, I give that guy props.....

killramos
12-18-2014, 12:25 PM
That Z8 sure looks funny with the hard top. Never seen one before.

VWEvo
12-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Wow, that Z8 is so awesome. Never seen one with a hard top before. I'm a BMW fanboy, so the fact someone would rock that in the winter is awesome!!!

rage2
12-18-2014, 01:11 PM
The Z8 is pretty much a collector car at this point. I wouldn't drive it in the winter if I had one, and would keep it as minty fresh as possible for future resale.

Mibz
12-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Dat Z8 tho

dj_rice
12-18-2014, 01:16 PM
The Z8 looks like it just got detailed to me and getting put into storage perhaps?

infamous
12-18-2014, 02:52 PM
most of the Z8's came with the hardtop, just anyone who uses their car as a convertible would probably have it sitting at home in the garage lol....

when those pics were taken of the Z8 we had just had the car completely wrapped with 3m before taking it to the owner's house.

it was such a bitch to make it into his driveway even with the staggered 20's on there!!!

killramos
12-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by infamous
most of the Z8's came with the hardtop, just anyone who uses their car as a convertible would probably have it sitting at home in the garage lol....

Us poor normal people who have never actually seen one in the flesh would never have known that.

I always thought the E46 M3 verts looked great with a hardtop.

max_boost
12-18-2014, 03:03 PM

Damn no price? I was hoping to see if I can heloc it in a couple years lol :rofl:

VW is really dropping the hammer on this. haha I'm def gonna bring this up next time I see him in the office. I can feel his passion through his posts :D

Cos
12-18-2014, 03:59 PM

BavarianBeast
12-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Last year I saw a brand new white sting ray on summer tires driving around in the snow. Must of been January-February, he was parked at the safeway in mission.

Not a supercar, but one of the more strange cars I've seen on the road in the winter time. I don't really consider the guys who take their whips out for the odd occasion during a nice chinook to be winter driving..

killramos
12-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Saw a really nice E63 downtown today. I like that car. I think it was a black series, it had a red badge on the back.

http://strasseforged.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Strasse-Wheels-Mercedes-Benz-E63-AMG-S-3.jpg

Rage will correct me but pretty sure there is no BS of the new E63. Maybe you are thinking of E63-S which is what that picture is of :rofl:

A buddy of mine jsut bought one for his winter car. An improvement from his 08 E63 by a long shot... :rofl:

Cos
12-18-2014, 04:29 PM

lint
12-18-2014, 04:31 PM
You called yourself a Sommelier. You don't just take a couple online courses to become a Sommelier and then just forget about your schooling. Its like becoming an engineer and later forgetting the difference between wood and metal. Your post in the wine thread was a lot more than a "few mistakes" it was completely wrong. You suggested they mix different berries, spices etc into wine to give it "aroma". Seriously, that's just full on retard. That's when all of a sudden I realized all these years, you probably have been talking bullshit. This thread and your post is just proof of it. Trust me, I realize your an old school beyonder, so nothing will make me happier to be proven wrong. (Ie. post your Sommelier Certificate, and pics of this Winter LFA) Unfortunately, I'm willing to bet, neither exist.

Give the guy a break. He's a couple of points shy of Einstein

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/383936/looking-for-a-good-algebra-trigonometry-teacher-tutor/

Hey guys, due to a learning disability that I never knew I had back in grade school, I barely have any skills with Algebra & trigonometry (or shall I say math in general).
So I need a good tutor to teach me what I've long since forgotten, and barely knew to start with. In order for me to properly challenge my Millwright exam.

Its been so long since Ive ever been tutored, I assume I'll have to pay someone $XX per hour to potentially meet them somewhere to be taught, of which Im entirely fine with. Just wondering if there are any private tutors/tutoring services anybody could recommend. I was told Bow Valley College is a good bet, but Id much rather have one on one counseling over a big group setting.
Im extremely intelligent (my IQ is 138, Einstein's was a 140 for example), but thanks to VICIOUS A.D.D. and a few other things, math, physics, technical science & chemistry was never my strong suit.

Im planning on challenging my Millwright exam in the next couple weeks, so any leads or help would be much appreciated. Thanks a ton for reading this and offering any help you can.
:thumbsup:
Within just cause, a decent understanding of Algebra & Trigonometry is very much apart of the exam, that is definitely my weak part before challenging it.

Any decent leads will definitely be a "beer-able" reward on my behalf.

killramos
12-18-2014, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Cos

It could have been. I was half a block away and I saw it come around the corner. I definitely saw Bi-Turbo on the side, E63, and then on the right trunk it said something which I imagine was AMG but there was a red part in there. I am 99% sure it didn't say E63-S though.

http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/02/16/report-amg-developing-e63-amg-black-series/

Amidst all this excitement however, there is one small catch. Because the updated E63 AMG was only released a couple of weeks ago, a Black Series E63 isn’t likely for the next few years at the earliest.

That was february. No BS for a long while if at all.

rage2
12-18-2014, 04:36 PM
There's no E63 BS. And the S-Model badge is black, and simply tacked onto the AMG badge much like the BS badge. Not sure what's red, maybe an aftermarket badge?

http://www.beyond.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014-e63-amg-wagon-s-model-ny-autoshow-3.jpg

BS badge, looks kinda like S-Model badge from far.

http://www.beyond.ca/wp-content/uploads/c63-black-series-first-drive-08.jpg

Cos
12-18-2014, 04:41 PM

msommers
12-18-2014, 04:42 PM
All I know about wine is that everything should include fresh-cut tennis ball and Grandma's closet in the description.

As for the thread at hand...FML. I still think that professional skier's(or whatever) R8 is an absolute beauty, winter or not. I'm not even 12 and I want that poster in my room :rofl:

bjstare
12-18-2014, 04:43 PM
^Jon Olsson. He sold that a while ago, I do believe. He's had some ridiculous "winter" cars though.

sneek
12-18-2014, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by killramos

Us poor normal people who have never actually seen one in the flesh would never have known that.

I have seen a silver one buzzing around the NW, but I have never seen a hard top! That is unicorn level rare!

E63S' are :bigpimp: a dentist in Vancouver had one and apparently women leave their phone numbers in lipstick on his car :rofl:

There is a person that drives a CLS63AMG that parks in the Racks Unlimited/Subway parking lot on 16th. I suspect it is the nicest car in Bowness.

Cody D
12-18-2014, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
Too bad you couldn't fit a car seat for the young one in the back :(

Rage, why couldn't you get a car seat in the back? Even with my fixed carbon buckets I had a car seat in the back, took one of my daughters to Golden in it. 911's seriously are amazing in winter, even the old ones.

milesmcewing
12-18-2014, 10:59 PM
Chantastic - That was a GTS4 you saw, has the factory aerokit, old friend and client of mine. Uses it every day in the winter.

There are three new GT3's, all 2015's with winter tires on them, all three guys have been out with them in the recent snow. John has almost 5000km on his since mid-november. Giddy up!!

Graham, not even going to comment on your comment this time..............

Ghost lake ice events are coming up soon, I'll have a gt3 there as long as the ice ridges are not too high.

Hey cody, what are you driving this week?

Happy trails!
miles

Cody D
12-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by milesmcewing
There are three new GT3's, all 2015's with winter tires on them, all three guys have been out with them in the recent snow. John has almost 5000km on his since mid-november. Giddy up!!

That is crazy.

gx12
12-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Could have been this then, but a sedan. Definitely the right shape, maybe aftermarket or maybe I am just losing my mind. I wish I had a head cam, much like my car cam, for when I am walking around. :rofl:

maybe this is the one you saw. black E63 AMG red Interior seats.

flipstah
12-18-2014, 11:56 PM

Rage, why couldn't you get a car seat in the back? Even with my fixed carbon buckets I had a car seat in the back, took one of my daughters to Golden in it. 911's seriously are amazing in winter, even the old ones.

I may be horribly mistaken but I remember him saying that he needed a bigger car for the family.

Sugarphreak
12-19-2014, 08:16 AM

killramos
12-19-2014, 08:18 AM

Same reason i don't start a taxi service for NBA players in my 2 series...

rage2
12-19-2014, 09:53 AM
We had a baby on the way, and we couldn't fit a baby seat in there. The baby is about a year away from a combo seat which fits nicely, but now the older one is getting too tall for those rear seats.

That, and we couldn't carry anything with us. Let's go play hockey? We're taking the other car.

Cos
12-19-2014, 10:31 AM

xnvy
12-19-2014, 02:11 PM
Ghost lake ice events are coming up soon, I'll have a gt3 there as long as the ice ridges are not too high. I was only planning on the school but damn, if you post up which event you go to, I'll come and participate just to watch the GT3! :D

msommers
12-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Ghost lake ice events are coming up soon, I'll have a gt3 there as long as the ice ridges are not too high.

Miles, do you guys need or want a photographer for that? Actually I'd probably just come out and watch and snap my own pics anyways, sounds awesome!

Is it a private event or can you let some of us know when it's going on?

kenny
12-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Could have been this then, but a sedan. Definitely the right shape, maybe aftermarket or maybe I am just losing my mind. I wish I had a head cam, much like my car cam, for when I am walking around. :rofl:

Renntech badge has red in it, could've had one of those.

muse017
12-19-2014, 05:36 PM
Just saw Ferrari F430(?) convertiable parked on Quarry park blvd on my way back home. Must be someone's winter beater:eek:

90_Shelby
12-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Renntech badge has red in it, could've had one of those.

Davenport just put a Renntech kit on an E63 AMGS, could be the one.

asp integra
12-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Miles, you using my old R32 in the winter at all?

As for Jon Olssons cars, here is a quick list of his winter beaters over the last few years.

R8
http://jon-olsson.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/jon-olsson-audi-r8-ppi-stasis-stertman-carbon-wide-body-razor-gtr-v10_DSC2395-Redigera-copy.jpg

Murcialago
http://www.jon-olsson.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/11T.jpg

Camo Lambo
http://www.blessthisstuff.com/imagens/stuff/john-olson-camouflage-lamborghini-5.jpg

And my personal favorite, Audi RS6
http://jon-olsson.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Audi-RS6-jon-olsson-winter-snow-camo_DSC8660.jpg

ToXicXxX
12-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by sneek

I have seen a silver one buzzing around the NW, but I have never seen a hard top! That is unicorn level rare!

E63S' are :bigpimp: a dentist in Vancouver had one and apparently women leave their phone numbers in lipstick on his car :rofl:

There is a person that drives a CLS63AMG that parks in the Racks Unlimited/Subway parking lot on 16th. I suspect it is the nicest car in Bowness.

The E63 AMG S is amazing... I was eyeing the white wagon at Lonestar... But it had the carbon brakes on it.

I see so many 63AMG's in winter, they are a hoot to drive. I love to slide mine around! Is the CLS silver, might be a customer of ours.

As for that red badge... Might be a Kleemann K badge. They are red.