PDA

View Full Version : Ethernet Split Pair

waterbottle
12-18-2014, 01:04 AM
Anyone know how to fix a split pair problem on ethernet cables? i have three rooms wired the exact same way however 2 of which my tester is saying i have a split pair problem. i'm terminating these all on female connectors and verified the pin assignments to match 568-B on both sides. The patch cables are both tested and confirmed for zero problems.

I can't find a definitive answer but does a split pair even work or work at a degraded level with the excess noise?

if it's an install issue anyone willing to take some beer money and help me out?

Thanks in advance.

The_Penguin
12-18-2014, 05:41 AM
Can you post a clear photo of one of the jacks that measures as split?

01RedDX
12-18-2014, 07:15 AM

firebane
12-18-2014, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by waterbottle
Anyone know how to fix a split pair problem on ethernet cables? i have three rooms wired the exact same way however 2 of which my tester is saying i have a split pair problem. i'm terminating these all on female connectors and verified the pin assignments to match 568-B on both sides. The patch cables are both tested and confirmed for zero problems.

I can't find a definitive answer but does a split pair even work or work at a degraded level with the excess noise?

if it's an install issue anyone willing to take some beer money and help me out?

Thanks in advance.

How are you doing these tests? Are you testing the cables individually or testing the cable when plugged into the wall?

Did they put the cables at the patch panel in at 568-a?

waterbottle
12-22-2014, 06:54 PM
Many thanks for all the help guys!! Sorry for the slow responds but Christmas time is always a a busy time of year. Anyhow, long story short, it was a bad patch cord. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: