PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Russia Invade Next?

Feruk
12-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Obviously Russia has seen some economic troubles. What do leaders who want to stay in power typically do in this kind of situation? Invade someone of course. I'm making this thread as more of a predictive poll about who Russia's enemy will be next year. My guess is Putin will rally the country against a common enemy; he's just gotta decide who that enemy is. Usually it works best if it's your neighbor or someone you have a historic grudge with. That enemy cannot have nuclear weapons.

So here is my 2015 predictive poll. Who will Russia invade next? My personal bet is Kazakhstan.

Feruk
12-18-2014, 03:16 PM
My bad, can a moderator add Moldova? They're a very likely target with part of the country already wanting to join Russia.

ercchry
12-18-2014, 03:20 PM
can we all hope... the saudis? wouldnt that be a change of events. i could almost see it, putin is kind of an asshole "oh, you fuck with our budgets? well i fuck with your oil"

spikerS
12-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
can we all hope... the saudis? wouldnt that be a change of events. i could almost see it, putin is kind of an asshole "oh, you fuck with our budgets? well i fuck with your oil"

funny, my initial thought was Canada, then it was the Saudis.

killramos
12-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Putin isnt invading anyone. I'm not even that convinced that you can call Ukraine an invasion :rolleyes:

No more than the US has "invaded" hundreds of countries in the last 40 years of influence exertion.

btimbit
12-18-2014, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by killramos
Putin isnt invading anyone. I'm not even that convinced that you can call Ukraine an invasion :rolleyes:

No more than the US has "invaded" hundreds of countries in the last 40 years of influence exertion.

Just because the yanks do it do doesn't make it okay

BavarianBeast
12-18-2014, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

Am I a bad person for hoping this too?

Thales of Miletus
12-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast

Am I a bad person for hoping this too?

Nope. The Saudis were behind 9/11 and fund terrorism. They truly deserve to get their ass kicked.

kenny
12-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Not an invasion but they will definitely be pushing up the fight for the Arctic against Canada that's been quietly brewing for the last few years.

killramos
12-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by kenny
Not an invasion but they will definitely be pushing up the fight for the Arctic against Canada that's been quietly brewing for the last few years.

Would it be worth it?

They can occupy it all they want it doesn't change anything about ownership.

Go ahead spend a billion dollars setting up an arctic base. Then when the UN tells you that you are off base you can abandon it. or never get your oil to market.

mr2mike
12-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Agreed.
He's been slowly pushing his luck with fighter plane missions. Probably waiting for someone to shoot him down first to go invade.

Tik-Tok
12-18-2014, 04:04 PM

UN

:rofl:

killramos
12-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

:rofl:

I was using more as a symbol for international resistance but i do agree with you.

CapnCrunch
12-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Azerbaijan has been asking for it lately.

kenny
12-18-2014, 05:28 PM

Would it be worth it?

They can occupy it all they want it doesn't change anything about ownership.

Go ahead spend a billion dollars setting up an arctic base. Then when the UN tells you that you are off base you can abandon it. or never get your oil to market.

I think so, it's something to unite the Russian populace. UN is powerless to do anything. It's almost like writing a stern letter.

I dunno, I'm just rambling haha but I still feel this will happen.

spikerS
12-18-2014, 05:33 PM

I think so, it's something to unite the Russian populace. UN is powerless to do anything. It's almost like writing a stern letter.

I dunno, I'm just rambling haha but I still feel this will happen.

It has been happening for quite some time. That is why Harper has been increasing the "northern sovereignty missions". We have to keep using the area to keep the area as sovereign Canadian soil. IIRC the Swiss or something too are trying to claim the area up there as the ice melts, the northwest passage becomes a much more enticing shipping route, not to mention all the oil plays, and diamonds to be found in the extreme north.

Feruk
12-18-2014, 11:29 PM
Sounds like Denmark is trying to claim the whole Arctic through Greenland anyway...