PDA

View Full Version : Climate Change

Pages : [1] 2

Thales of Miletus
12-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Climate Change. Do you believe it is man made?

Multiple votes allowed.

speedog
12-20-2014, 03:44 PM
PhD and you can't use the English language properly in one of your poll questions?

speedog
12-20-2014, 03:50 PM
On topic, I beginning to believe this big, old ball of dirt will easily outlast the human race and still be alive and well long after we're gone. That said, I can still strive to lessen what I perceive to be any negative impact I may have on the environment around me.

JRSC00LUDE
12-20-2014, 03:56 PM
There are already intensive threads on this, search.

rx7_turbo2
12-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Not sure this needed a new thread, how many of these threads are there now :dunno:

btimbit
12-20-2014, 04:45 PM
Climate change is caused by immigrants.

Oh and Jews

dirtsniffer
12-20-2014, 04:46 PM
"Only are kids..." I picked this one cause thales is clearly a troll. Please ban.

J-D
12-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by btimbit

Oh and Jews

http://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/blogs/lists/Archer-malory-9.gif

Tik-Tok
12-20-2014, 05:08 PM

Oh and Jews

Don't forget the lizard people. They want a warmer climate so they don't need to wear their human meat suits anymore.

Seth1968
12-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Climate change is caused by thermometers:)

rx7_turbo2
12-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Don't forget the lizard people. They want a warmer climate so they don't need to wear their human meat suits anymore.

That explains everything:eek:

Nitro5
12-20-2014, 07:07 PM
It's a combo of natural and man influenced.

kertejud2
12-20-2014, 07:09 PM

Oh and Jews

Jewish immigrants. The worst kind of immigrants.

Nitro5
12-20-2014, 07:12 PM
And ziowhatthefucktheyarecalled

btimbit
12-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2

Jewish immigrants. The worst kind of immigrants.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/mog.gif

Thales of Miletus
12-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
There are already intensive threads on this, search.

Sorry for the re-post. I will use the search function in the future.

Noob mistake.

I am glad to see that a reasonable number of people accept the science. If I made this post in the United States, and large portion would say that it is a hoax. Which goes to show that Canada still has some honesty in media and citizens who cannot be fooled by corporate propaganda.

Anyone that understands the science would understand that man is obviously having an affect. But I can see how people can be fooled, many of the memes used by those in positions of power are convincing.

codetrap
12-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Thales of Miletus
Noob mistake. Sooooo.. you're really not a long time lurker first time poster like you said in the other thread then....

FixedGear
12-20-2014, 08:49 PM

having an affect.

This is the second glaring spelling mistake you've made in this thread, Mr. PhD-twenty-years-ago :rolleyes:

Sugarphreak
12-20-2014, 09:12 PM

Thales of Miletus
12-21-2014, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by FixedGear

This is the second glaring spelling mistake you've made in this thread, Mr. PhD-twenty-years-ago :rolleyes:

Nope, I used affect correctly." Affect" is a verb, "Effect" is a noun. i.e.The weather conditions will have an affect on people

Sometimes I used slang, or shorthand, which means I am lazy but not retarded.

If you doubt my education, you can work out the radiative forcing of CO2 for yourself. Compare it to pre-industrial levels by simply using the formula {delta F = 5.35 X ln (Cf/Ci)Wm-2}. Where "Cf" would be current levels of CO2 at 390 ppm and pre-industrial "Ci" were at 280 ppm.

There are more complicated formulas, which take into account the changes in CO2 absorption band at high altitudes, but the calculation only makes up to a 3% difference in accuracy.

Thales of Miletus
12-21-2014, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

+1

This is what I would have picked if the poll wasn't heavily biased and omitted it

How is it bias?

But no, it is not a combination of natural and man. It is all man.

Nature can absorb all of the CO2 it produces, plus 40% of what man produces. Man puts the heavier isotope Carbon 13 into the atmosphere, where plants use more Carbon 12 than 13. By checking the ratios of the Carbon isotopes we can see that mankind is causing the shift in CO2 ppm.

Nitro5
12-21-2014, 02:54 AM
So the climate has never changed until man started pumping CO2 into the atmosphere?

Thales of Miletus
12-21-2014, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Nitro5
So the climate has never changed until man started pumping CO2 into the atmosphere?

Sure it did. Over hundreds of thousands of years. Giving life on Earth time to evolve to the new environments.

However, man is changing the climate more rapidly than it can adapt. And for that reason, every creature on this planet is going to suffer. Perhaps even experiencing an extinction level event.

There have been sudden changes in the Earth's past that show what ELEs do. For example the lake Toba eruption. That ELE just about wiped man out before he even made his start.

FixedGear
12-21-2014, 09:48 AM

Nope, I used affect correctly." Affect" is a verb, "Effect" is a noun. i.e.The weather conditions will have an affect on people

If you doubt my education, you can work out the radiative forcing of CO2 for yourself. Compare it to pre-industrial levels by simply using the formula {delta F = 5.35 X ln (Cf/Ci)Wm-2}. Where "Cf" would be current levels of CO2 at 390 ppm and pre-industrial "Ci" were at 280 ppm.

There are more complicated formulas, which take into account the changes in CO2 absorption band at high altitudes, but the calculation only makes up to a 3% difference in accuracy.

Clearly whatever schools you attended taught a different English than is known to the rest of the world.

FixedGear
12-21-2014, 09:52 AM
Once again I'll correct your improper grammar:

How is it biased?

FixedGear
12-21-2014, 10:00 AM

How is it bias?

Nature can absorb all of the CO2 it produces, plus 40% of what man produces. Man puts the heavier isotope Carbon 13 into the atmosphere, where plants use more Carbon 12 than 13. By checking the ratios of the Carbon isotopes we can see that mankind is causing the shift in CO2 ppm.

Hey folks, politics aside, this guy has absolutely no clue wtf he's talking about.

speedog
12-21-2014, 10:26 AM
No, no, no, no and no.

That are good english hee are using end are kids wood bee well adviced too pay heed too him.

Seth1968
12-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Grammar=intelligence :bullshit:

Nitro5
12-21-2014, 11:15 AM

Sure it did. Over hundreds of thousands of years. Giving life on Earth time to evolve to the new environments.

However, man is changing the climate more rapidly than it can adapt. And for that reason, every creature on this planet is going to suffer. Perhaps even experiencing an extinction level event.

There have been sudden changes in the Earth's past that show what ELEs do. For example the lake Toba eruption. That ELE just about wiped man out before he even made his start.

So as I stated there is natural climate change with human influence, which you flat out said was false.

killramos
12-21-2014, 12:00 PM

Hey folks, politics aside, this guy has absolutely no clue wtf he's talking about.

But didn't you know that upon receiving your phd in Greek literature you get the ability to be hooked up to the secret worldwide knowledge machine that makes you an expert in everything including geo-engineering, economics, philosophy.

He is just a troll in the same rank as Arash or Toma. I had fun with him in that other thread but I am limiting myself to that. I won't respond to him directly in these stupid threads.

My bet is the guy doesn't last 2 months.

Seth1968
12-21-2014, 12:28 PM

And you do?

Please elaborate on "truth"

Thales of Miletus
12-21-2014, 03:26 PM

Oh dear, a grammar Nazi who thinks his ability to spot typos and spelling mistakes makes him a universal mastermind.

I shall be more careful with my typing in the future.

But since you have judged me on my spelling, demonstrate your intellect by showing me your understanding of science. You dropped the gauntlet when you said "No clue".

Tell me why increasing the level of CO2 would not lead to an increase in the greenhouse effect.

p.s. By the way, the human mind can understand typed words, even when tohse wrods are copmlelety scramlbed up.

Originally posted by killramos

He is just a troll in the same rank as Arash or Toma. I had fun with him in that other thread but I am limiting myself to that. I won't respond to him directly in these stupid threads.

My bet is the guy doesn't last 2 months.

What is your point? That this is your turf and that you get to define people, control what is said, and that your opinions are superior to any others?

This is called the internet. A vast void that has no limits on the amount of information it can contain. If I type something you don't like, ignore it. Or are you saying that you lack the fortitude to turn away from a topic you do not like?

I get a kick out of you people that try to control information. I believe your kind is fearful, and that reality is something you cannot cope with. You create, or choose, a comfortable illusion. But as is the case with all illusions, facts can shatter it. Therefore you have to go out into the net and stop those who would tell you something that goes against your false and fragile reality.

btimbit
12-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Yup.

Thales is an idiot

Thales of Miletus
12-21-2014, 03:36 PM
Yup.

Thales is an idiot

Because you say so?

My friend runs a daycare. The other day I watched as several children bitched and complained that their caregiver was mean for wanting them to take a nap.

Just because one adult was out voiced by several children, didn't make the children right. That is a concept you should familiarize yourself with, before you join the choirs of imbeciles.

C_Dave45
12-21-2014, 03:37 PM

http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/thumbnails/k-bigpic.jpg

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/47/47e90b4f84c15e4992d0b313f52e2b1764904b12eda08c3e86319db4dc5d22c8.jpg

Thales of Miletus
12-21-2014, 03:47 PM

So as I stated there is natural climate change with human influence, which you flat out said was false.

How did you glean that from what I typed?

I can see that complete answers are important, so I will be pedantic.

Nature produces far more CO2 than man, but nature also absorbs the CO2 it produces. Nature also has the capacity to absorb about 60% of what man produces. However that extra 40% accumulates year after year.

Because of this accumulation, the level of CO2 has climbed from 275ppm in 1750 a.d. to 400 ppm today. Ocean ph has also changed, becoming less basic since 1750 a.d.

These are signs that man is the cause of the CO2 build up.

Unless you could tell me of another source of CO2 there is no argument.

p.s. Modern Volcanic activity produces diddly squat.

btimbit
12-21-2014, 03:54 PM

Because you say so?

Just basing my argument on the evidence you've presented.

My friend runs a daycare. The other day I watched as several children bitched and complained that their caregiver was mean for wanting them to take a nap.

Just because one adult was out voiced by several children, didn't make the children right. That is a concept you should familiarize yourself with, before you join the choirs of imbeciles.

:rofl: Yup. I'm convinced. You just have no clue

Thales of Miletus
12-21-2014, 04:06 PM

Just basing my argument on the evidence you've presented.

:rofl: Yup. I'm convinced. You just have no clue

I see your type of response all over the internet.

You join with several others to assess an argument. But without facts, you are just in a mob, not on the side of the informed.

This group think method gives you comfort in ignorance. It doesn't make you right and it results in your continual dull mindset.

You could read up on what I am talking about and then make a cogent counter point. But that is too much work for those who choose the comfort of the mob over the comfort of knowledge. So of course, the lazy respond with, "Duh, you iz stoopid and yer grammar sucks".

kertejud2
12-21-2014, 04:09 PM

Affect is actually both a noun and a verb (so is 'effect' ) but you are using it incorrectly regardless.

You can react to something "with affect" (noun) or something can "affect an outcome" (verb) however something cannot have "an affect" on something else. Also, something can "effect a situation" (verb), see "effects of a situation" (noun) as well as have "an effect" (noun) on something else.

So in short, the correct way would be "The weather conditions will have an effect on people".

On a side note:
http://www.karlonia.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/affect-effect-usage.jpg

01RedDX
12-21-2014, 04:22 PM

Sugarphreak
12-21-2014, 04:27 PM

Thales of Miletus
12-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

So which is it? (Please say 60% cause it sounds better)

60% was a typo 40% is the correct amount.

But I am more concerned that people think about why they believe something, than with whether they believe in Climate Change or not.

We live in a society where power controls the media and therefore the message. No place is this worse than the United States, and as Canadians we are constantly exposed to their culture. But American media has no law or regulation that requires they tell the truth. So as a Canadians we should investigate everything that is said, rather than believing what is said by our favorite talking head.

When people give answers like " That guys a fucktard". That means that they don't know. It means that they have been told something so often that they have accepted it. This is called programming, and going against program is very hard for some people. It emotionally upsets them.

Hitler said(paraphrasing) that you repeat a lie until it becomes truth, and Orwell warned about the kind of brainwashing that people face today. But people still fall into a complacent form of existence, where they accept the message, as long as life is tolerable.

All I want people to do, is really think about what they are being told. Who is telling it, what their motives are, what the consequences are.

People can doubt me all they like, as long as they do so with knowledge instead of faith.

Thales of Miletus
12-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
^^ I think what he meant to say was:

Nature also has the capacity to absorb about POTATO of what man produces.

Reductio ad absurdum for those who wish to obfuscate. ^^^

p.s. Like I just said in the post above. Name calling is for those who do not know, but believe.

Sort of like God people.

Nitro5
12-21-2014, 04:43 PM

How did you glean that from what I typed?

I can see that complete answers are important, so I will be pedantic.

Nature produces far more CO2 than man, but nature also absorbs the CO2 it produces. Nature also has the capacity to absorb about 60% of what man produces. However that extra 40% accumulates year after year.

Because of this accumulation, the level of CO2 has climbed from 275ppm in 1750 a.d. to 400 ppm today. Ocean ph has also changed, becoming less basic since 1750 a.d.

These are signs that man is the cause of the CO2 build up.

Unless you could tell me of another source of CO2 there is no argument.

p.s. Modern Volcanic activity produces diddly squat.

I gleaned from your direct statement

A790
12-21-2014, 04:56 PM
Denying the influence of climate change is akin to putting your head in the sand. Whether it is man-made/influenced or not is irrelevant, we are already beginning to experience some of its effects and will likely continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

What makes the most sense at this point is to determine how we are going to deal with it as opposed to simply ignore it. The more proactive we are the less we will need to mitigate in the future.

We may experience some short-term harm (almost completely economically) but the long-term benefits significantly outweigh them. We need to thing long-game on this one, like a carefully planned and executed investment strategy.

FixedGear
12-21-2014, 05:27 PM
For the record Thales of Miletus, I'm not arguing about climate change, only your claims and insinuations regarding your PhD and expertise in climate science.

BerserkerCatSplat
12-21-2014, 05:49 PM

But since you have judged me on my spelling, demonstrate your intellect by showing me your understanding of science.

As much as FixedGear and I may not see eye to eye on some issues, being ignorant of science is about the last thing I would ever accuse him of.

Just saying.

rx7_turbo2
12-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Do some of you guys not have Thales on ignore?

Seth1968
12-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

As much as FixedGear and I may not see eye to eye on some issues, being ignorant of science is about the last thing I would ever accuse him of.

Just saying.

Me too.

Don't question anything, and shut the hell up.

The EXACT opposite of science.

HuMz
12-21-2014, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by A790
Denying the influence of climate change is akin to putting your head in the sand. Whether it is man-made/influenced or not is irrelevant, we are already beginning to experience some of its effects and will likely continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

What makes the most sense at this point is to determine how we are going to deal with it as opposed to simply ignore it. The more proactive we are the less we will need to mitigate in the future.

We may experience some short-term harm (almost completely economically) but the long-term benefits significantly outweigh them. We need to thing long-game on this one, like a carefully planned and executed investment strategy.

How can whether or not it's man caused or not be irrelevant? It would seem the solution would be different depending upon whether or not we as humans are the main cause or if this is just part of a natural cycle.

Thales of Miletus
12-21-2014, 07:01 PM
For the record Thales of Miletus, I'm not arguing about climate change, only your claims and insinuations regarding your PhD and expertise in climate science.

Because I made a typo?

I spend my time thinking about the best way to get a thought across when I am typing, I also try to use proper English. But sometimes I will say " your" instead of "you're", or" who" instead of "whom". I credit people with being able to still get my meaning, even when I make an error.

There is a reason why I took physics, linear algebra, and calculus in University and not English Lit.

You suggested I don't understand science and therefore I invited you to debate the science. If you would like to do so, perhaps some of the other readers on this site might learn something helpful.

I would think that the correlation between the industrial revolution and the rise in CO2 concentration would be enough proof that man is behind the change. But there are other facts available, if a person isn't convinced on that point alone.

btimbit
12-22-2014, 09:25 AM

I see your type of response all over the internet.

You join with several others to assess an argument. But without facts, you are just in a mob, not on the side of the informed.

This group think method gives you comfort in ignorance. It doesn't make you right and it results in your continual dull mindset.

You could read up on what I am talking about and then make a cogent counter point. But that is too much work for those who choose the comfort of the mob over the comfort of knowledge. So of course, the lazy respond with, "Duh, you iz stoopid and yer grammar sucks".

I never commented on your grammar. Nobody really cares about your poor grammar and spelling. Just looking for shit to bug you about since you're an obvious troll.

I'm making braised shortrib ravioli tonight. Haven't done homemade pasta in a long time. Can't wait!

dirtsniffer
12-22-2014, 10:40 AM

There is a reason why I took physics, linear algebra, and calculus in University and not English Lit.

So you took first year and couldn't hack it?

rx7_turbo2
12-22-2014, 11:14 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/541/879/ed7.png

Thales of Miletus
12-22-2014, 02:23 PM

I never commented on your grammar. Nobody really cares about your poor grammar and spelling. Just looking for shit to bug you about since you're an obvious troll.

I'm making braised shortrib ravioli tonight. Haven't done homemade pasta in a long time. Can't wait!

I think you have a misunderstanding of what a troll is.

Trolls are people who try to control the content of a conversation. Either because they derive glee from being an annoyance, or they feel that they are protecting a domain from thoughts that differ from their own.

If you guys don't wish to discuss the topics I bring up, I have no problem with that. You can think and believe whatever you want.

I was simply looking for an adult discussion. I was told a person could have that here, but perhaps not.

A790
12-22-2014, 02:28 PM
I was simply looking for an adult discussion. I was told a person could have that here, but perhaps not.
Well, you made the mistake of having a Greek philosopher as a username, making a few typos, and admitting to having a PHD. :drama:

infamous
12-22-2014, 02:35 PM

Well, you made the mistake of having a Greek philosopher as a username, making a few typos, and admitting to having a PHD. :drama:

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

JRSC00LUDE
12-22-2014, 02:48 PM
Trolls are people who try to control the content of a conversation. Either because they derive glee from being an annoyance, or they feel that they are protecting a domain from thoughts that differ from their own.

So, trolls are Arash. Unable, or unwilling, to engage in an exchange of factual information that disproves their "thoughts"? Yes.

Thales of Miletus
12-22-2014, 03:00 PM

Is it the big things in life that matter or typos?

I like Philosophy. I believe that learning the wisdom of those who came before, is a great way to develop your own wisdoms. i.e. To err (typo) is human.

I didn't admit to having a PHD, it was suggested that I had a PHD. To which I said twenty years ago.

But lets try to get on topic once again.

I discuss climate change, because I want to know of all of the denial theories. Sometimes people bring up really relevant points. Subjects that I have to read up on in order to provide a valid response. In the past, people have mentioned the saturation effect, SO2 production in China, and even the idea that increased high level water vapor will counter the increase in CO2. Those are scientific arguments that had to be examined.

p.s. If a person doesn't wish to discuss a topic that I bring up, simply ignore it, and it will fall off the page. I certainly don't need to bump a dead thread.

So, trolls are Arash. Unable, or unwilling, to engage in an exchange of factual information that disproves their "thoughts"? Yes.

I found some of Arash's comments to be a little out there. Unfortunately he also has some reasonable thoughts that are discredited by his wild ones. But I simple didn't reply to his wild ideas, because there is nothing to be gained by debating those who are radicalized. They are simply looking for confirmation.

killramos
12-22-2014, 04:06 PM

I didn't admit to having a PHD, it was suggested that I had a PHD. To which I said twenty years ago.

Originally posted by BandW

Let me know when you're done with your PhD.

>>>Twenty years ago.

Just for everyone else's reference on how much of an idiot you really are.

You spend 3 pages telling people to read between the lines of your spelling mistakes and now you claim that your above statement wasn't you implieing that you have a PhD?
:facepalm:

You need a get a grip and stop hiding behind your philosophical drivel.

You have your bullshit pointed out by your own opposing statements and this shit.

You sound like you are some 19 year old student who recently completely their first year of a generic science degree and have decided you are a climate scientist.

No one on here is trying to silence you, they just don't like you and want you to go away. You are only tolerated so long as you are entertaining. If you want to make a statement and entertain forum members further I recomend you rip someone on the forum off and spend a few months trying to sue the site and and claiming about how you have done nothing wrong.

You are most definitely a troll, and admittedly a good enough one that I have broken my rule and come back to yell at you.

JRSC00LUDE
12-22-2014, 04:13 PM
"implying" ;)

killramos
12-22-2014, 04:18 PM
"implying" ;)

Another useless post by...

:D

:rofl:

JRSC00LUDE
12-22-2014, 04:19 PM

Another useless post by...

:D

Hey, what are you implieing?! :rofl:

rx7_turbo2
12-22-2014, 04:38 PM
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Mfw+9gag+raid+not+sure+if+trolling+or+just+genuinely_1ba86e_3661042.jpg

Xtrema
12-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Who cares. The nature is self-regulating. Humans will adapt or die trying. Eventually, we will either wipe ourselves out or be wiped out and the balance will be restore until the next dominant species shows up.

Thales of Miletus
12-22-2014, 05:48 PM

Just for everyone else's reference on how much of an idiot you really are.

You spend 3 pages telling people to read between the lines of your spelling mistakes and now you claim that your above statement wasn't you implieing that you have a PhD?
:facepalm:

You need a get a grip and stop hiding behind your philosophical drivel.

You have your bullshit pointed out by your own opposing statements and this shit.

You sound like you are some 19 year old student who recently completely their first year of a generic science degree and have decided you are a climate scientist.

No one on here is trying to silence you, they just don't like you and want you to go away. You are only tolerated so long as you are entertaining. If you want to make a statement and entertain forum members further I recomend you rip someone on the forum off and spend a few months trying to sue the site and and claiming about how you have done nothing wrong.

You are most definitely a troll, and admittedly a good enough one that I have broken my rule and come back to yell at you.

This is hilarious. ^^^

The off topic rant of an angry man, who insists that others are trolls.

The hypocrisy is epic.

Thales of Miletus
12-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Who cares. The nature is self-regulating. Humans will adapt or die trying. Eventually, we will either wipe ourselves out or be wiped out and the balance will be restore until the next dominant species shows up.

But as the guardians of the planet, don't we have a responsibility to care for it?

Man will be the last creature left standing after a huge die off. It would be sad to lose creatures like Lions and Elephants, Parrots and Dolphins, all because man can't get his shit together.

Climate Change is about greed dominating over reason.

A790
12-22-2014, 05:52 PM

Is it the big things in life that matter or typos?

I like Philosophy. I believe that learning the wisdom of those who came before, is a great way to develop your own wisdoms. i.e. To err (typo) is human.

But lets try to get on topic once again.

I discuss climate change, because I want to know of all of the denial theories. Sometimes people bring up really relevant points. Subjects that I have to read up on in order to provide a valid response. In the past, people have mentioned the saturation effect, SO2 production in China, and even the idea that increased high level water vapor will counter the increase in CO2. Those are scientific arguments that had to be examined.

p.s. If a person doesn't wish to discuss a topic that I bring up, simply ignore it, and it will fall off the page. I certainly don't need to bump a dead thread.
Firstly, my post was sarcastic.

Next, as smart as you may be, you clearly don't understand how to communicate with people. Your posts come off as arrogant and condescending- how can you expect to cultivate reasonable dialogue when you are talking down to people? Effective communication is the result of both parties having a mutual respect for each other, even if viewpoints differ. A message board is already a hard medium to establish that on, let alone when you are attempting to do so while standing on a soapbox.

Finally, like Arash/Robin Goodfellow/others, you appear to ask more questions than you do provide meaningful input. Contrary to what you (or they) may believe, that is not engaging in discussion. Diverting away when addressed or when a question is directed towards you makes your intentions perfectly clear. You need to provide as much, or more, input than you receive.

The off topic rant of an angry man, who insists that others are trolls.

What a witty retort. As if my points above needed further validation...

EDIT: Also, I added another option to the poll that I felt was missing. :)

Xtrema
12-22-2014, 06:10 PM

But as the guardians of the planet, don't we have a responsibility to care for it?

Man will be the last creature left standing after a huge die off. It would be sad to lose creatures like Lions and Elephants, Parrots and Dolphins, all because man can't get his shit together.

Climate Change is about greed dominating over reason.

Do what we can but I'm not worried about it. If the condition is man made, the only way the planet can be saved is to wipe humans out. If it's not, we just have to endure. We should worry less about saving this planet and get our butts into finding the next one we can colonize and live on.

We are still expanding with limited resources, something is going to give. Any effort we do is just to prolong the inevitable.

Thales of Miletus
12-22-2014, 06:11 PM

Firstly, my post was sarcastic.

Next, as smart as you may be, you clearly don't understand how to communicate with people. Your posts come off as arrogant and condescending- how can you expect to cultivate reasonable dialogue when you are talking down to people? Effective communication is the result of both parties having a mutual respect for each other, even if viewpoints differ. A message board is already a hard medium to establish that on, let alone when you are attempting to do so while standing on a soapbox.

Finally, like Arash/Robin Goodfellow/others, you appear to ask more questions than you do provide meaningful input. Contrary to what you (or they) may believe, that is not engaging in discussion. Diverting away when addressed or when a question is directed towards you makes your intentions perfectly clear. You need to provide as much, or more, input than you receive.

What a witty retort. As if my points above needed further validation...

ONce again, Wow!

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? I haven't insulted anyone, I haven't bragged about my education, nor have I been pontificating.

On the other hand I have been subject to amateur psychoanalysis which seems to be serving the purpose of ruling whether I belong in the local cliche.

I ask questions of people, in order to continue the conversation and to get their thoughts on the matter. Then if they ask me a question, I can reply.

However, if you think I am worse than Hitler, then simply debate me on the science. Using facts, not hyperbole, and science, instead of denial agitprop.

Or you can simply ignore me. The power is in the hands of the reader, not the writer.

Truth does not have bias, so if I write about truth with an assertive nature, that is because I am presenting a fact. And as they say, facts are hard.

Thales of Miletus
12-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

We are still expanding with limited resources, something is going to give. Any effort we do is just to prolong the inevitable.

Sadly, I do agree that a cull is in order. I sometimes think that stopping epidemics is a mistake, as that is natures way of thinning the herd.

suntan
12-22-2014, 06:16 PM

Sadly, I do agree that a cull is in order. I sometimes think that stopping epidemics is a mistake, as that is natures way of thinning the herd. Can we start with you? I've always wanted to slice and dice someone.

A790
12-22-2014, 06:16 PM

ONce again, Wow!

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? I haven't insulted anyone, I haven't bragged about my education, nor have I been pontificating.

On the other hand I have been subject to amateur psychoanalysis which seems to be serving the purpose of ruling whether I belong in the local cliche.

I ask questions of people, in order to continue the conversation and to get their thoughts on the matter. Then if they ask me a question, I can reply.

However, if you think I am worse than Hitler, then simply debate me on the science. Using facts, not hyperbole, and science, instead of denial agitprop.

Or you can simply ignore me. The power is in the hands of the reader, not the writer.

Truth does not have bias, so if I write about truth with an assertive nature, that is because I am presenting a fact. And as they say, facts are hard.
Alllllright genius, allow me to break this down for you:

"I haven't insulted anyone, I haven't bragged about my education, nor have I been pontificating."

Wasn't even discussed in my post, but alright, since you brought it up your post seven posts above this one would suggest otherwise.

"On the other hand I have been subject to amateur psychoanalysis which seems to be serving the purpose of ruling whether I belong in the local cliche."

Pretty sure the word you were looking for was "clique".

"I ask questions of people, in order to continue the conversation and to get their thoughts on the matter. Then if they ask me a question, I can reply."

Hard to argue with that. However, are you sure that's why you do it?

"However, if you think I am worse than Hitler, then simply debate me on the science. Using facts, not hyperbole, and science, instead of denial agitprop."

Well, I made a post above explaining why you're getting a predominantly negative reaction to your posts and you replied with "ONce again, Wow! Where do you guys come up with this stuff?"

My post wasn't accusatory in nature. I didn't say anything mean. I laid out some simple communicative facts which, as you know, are hard... even for you, apparently.

C_Dave45
12-22-2014, 06:30 PM

ONce again, Wow!

Wow...you're still yammering on about this?

Is this why you joined a car forum?

killramos
12-22-2014, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

Still not a single official post on his account.

There are other forums out there that enforce a minimum post count / tenure in relevant topics to gain access to society/law side sections. Maybe beyond should do the same :dunno: . Or at least enforce the 30 day rule from the marketplace?

Thales of Miletus
12-22-2014, 06:56 PM
[B]
Alllllright genius, allow me to break this down for you:

You still are not on topic. And it seems pretty clear to me that I was instantly attacked because I defended Toma, who was also being attacked.

Toma has never struck me as mean spirited or arrogant.

He is obviously well read and concerned about the welfare of the community at large.

There is a book called "The Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists", and it's theme explains why the lowly attack those who are trying to help society.

Here is a Wiki link so you can give it a quick view.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ragged-Trousered_Philanthropists

Thales of Miletus
12-22-2014, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

If you can recommend a political blog in Alberta I will be happy to give it a look see.

As for cars, I doubt there is much anyone here can tell me.

Maybe Toma could give me some pointers as he and I like Fords.

If I was to build a car today I would simply find a Fox body, put an LSx in it, and install twin turbos. The only thing I might inquire about is the abilities of pintle style versus disc style high volume injectors.

FixedGear
12-22-2014, 07:11 PM

Toma has never struck me as mean spirited or arrogant.

He is obviously well read and concerned about the welfare of the community at large.

ask him about his opinions on homosexuals and drug addicts.

killramos
12-22-2014, 07:14 PM

As for cars, I doubt there is much anyone here can tell me.

Oh wow, he now knows more about cars than anyone on here...

rx7_turbo2
12-22-2014, 07:17 PM

ask him about his opinions on homosexuals and drug addicts.

Or the Palestinian state, or NATO, or Chavez, or Chomsky, or...............

No Toma isn't arrogant at all, humble people often call others Neanderthals, or mental midgets, or homophobic slurs :rofl:

Is this Thales guy serious?

dirtsniffer
I like how you make building a car sound so simple. Just like how you over simplify everything else. Climate change is a big issue. Think global. You spamming beyond its not going to do anything. Go join some Chinese message board.

btimbit

Well of course, what with all that book learnin' and stuff

Thales of Miletus
12-22-2014, 07:38 PM

You seem to have no issues with lying. It is what children do, men have integrity.

I never said I know more than anyone here. But you had to lie to make my comment sound arrogant. So I guess you have proved that you are a troll.

Why can't you talk about the topic or just leave it alone?

What sort of individuals, need to spam others? It seems you are part of a group of flamers, as it is the same group that attacks as a unit.

What should we call your little mob? The Beyond Children, the Beyond Stupid, or perhaps the Beyond Reason?

In all seriousness you guys act like a bunch of bitchy women. Natter natter natter, bitch bitch bitch. Do all of you menstruate at the same time too?

rx7_turbo2
12-22-2014, 07:45 PM
^^^There we go, it was only a matter of time.:rolleyes:

FixedGear
12-22-2014, 07:45 PM

the Beyond Stupid

I gotta give credit where credit is due - that's an excellent name for our little group here (some of us more than others, but i digress) :rofl:

Thales of Miletus
12-22-2014, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Or the Palestinian state, or NATO, or Chavez, or Chomsky, or...............

No Toma isn't arrogant at all, humble people often call others Neanderthals, or mental midgets, or homophobic slurs :rofl:

Is this Thales guy serious?

The internet most serious flaw, is that it enables ignorance. The internet seems to make people think, that they can say the stupidest shit imaginable, and that they are then relevant.

If Toma has labeled someone a fucktard, it might just be because they are a fucktard. I consider a person to be a imbecile if they repeat the memes of the day. "Obama is a Commie", or some similar dumb shit.

I try to be respectful on the internet, as I believe a man demonstrates his worth when he isn't accountable. If he can behave when Santa isn't watching, then he has some class.

But to be honest, I haven't been impressed by the maturity I have seen on this site. Many replies are immature, and the insults aren't even creative.

rx7_turbo2
12-22-2014, 07:58 PM
If Toma has labeled someone a fucktard, it might just be because they are a fucktard.

What about when he labeled me a fag? Am I homosexual?

I'm not sure what your relationship with Toma is, but I'm going to suggest the man you think he is certainly isn't the man he portrayed himself as here. You're having a similar transformation, you started all high and mighty "look at my PhD". Now you're just calling people names like everyone else. Tell me again how you're more of a man.

dirtsniffer
12-22-2014, 08:09 PM

The internet most serious flaw, is that it enables ignorance.

In my opinion the internets most serious flaw is it allows people to have a false sense of enlightenment.

btimbit
12-22-2014, 08:17 PM

The internet seems to make people think, that they can say the stupidest shit imaginable, and that they are then relevant.

Pot, meet kettle

EM2FTL
12-22-2014, 08:19 PM

If you can recommend a political blog in Alberta I will be happy to give it a look see.

Daveberta (start there), Alberta Diary, and Alberta Altruist.

Nitro5
12-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

What about when he labeled me a fag? Am I homosexual?

I'm not sure what your relationship with Toma is, but I'm going to suggest the man you think he is certainly isn't the man he portrayed himself as here. You're having a similar transformation, you started all high and mighty "look at my PhD". Now you're just calling people names like everyone else. Tell me again how you're more of a man.

This made me curious, Toma's last post is on 2014-12-17 and Thales' first post is on the same day.

btimbit
12-22-2014, 08:24 PM

This made me curious, Toma's last post is on 2014-12-17 and Thales' first post is on the same day.

Yup. Coincidence....

Although from the other thread

Originally posted by rage2
Thales of Miletus isn't Toma.

I'm not convinced

GTS4tw
12-22-2014, 09:51 PM
It uses very specific Toma language. It was obvious on day 1. Either Toma or a friend (way way too good a friend...)

Look at the very first couple of posts, the poor grammar, specific very simple mistakes that are repeated in Tomas posts, bragging about education (PHD Muthafucka)...all very Toma-esque. Either that or someone who is very good at impressions.

Either way, I bring salvation:

Relief.... (http://forums.beyond.ca/member2.php?s=&action=addlist&userlist=ignore&userid=319268)

dirtsniffer
12-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Hahaha nice took me a minute to see what you did there.

But I See what you did there.

JRSC00LUDE
12-22-2014, 10:12 PM
Hahahaha, well played GTS!

phil98z24
12-22-2014, 10:25 PM
Bravo GTS, bravo. :clap:

I'm still not convinced it isn't Toma. Or possibly modelexis, minus the ever present anger and resentment for the rest of humanity. This one has me stumped.

FixedGear
12-22-2014, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by GTS4tw
It uses very specific Toma language. It was obvious on day 1. Either Toma or a friend (way way too good a friend...)

Look at the very first couple of posts, the poor grammar, specific very simple mistakes that are repeated in Tomas posts, bragging about education (PHD Muthafucka)...all very Toma-esque. Either that or someone who is very good at impressions.

Either way, I bring salvation:

Relief.... (http://forums.beyond.ca/member2.php?s=&action=addlist&userlist=ignore&userid=319268)

Awesome link, thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Thales of Miletus
12-22-2014, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by phil98z24
Bravo GTS, bravo. :clap:

I'm still not convinced it isn't Toma. Or possibly modelexis, minus the ever present anger and resentment for the rest of humanity. This one has me stumped.

Jesus Christ? You guys need a hobby.

Laughable.

I am not Toma. I am known on the internet as, are you ready for it, VROY.

I once posted on Performance-shop, and then took a year off from posting on the net. Performance shop has died in the year since. I was advised that this site had mature posters. Obviously someone was pulling my leg.

I am sorry that you guys have felt the wraith of Toma. I will try to be as gentle as I can be with you, and will be very careful not to light the fuses on your tampons.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Pot, meet kettle

If I throw a stick, will you leave?

dirtsniffer
12-23-2014, 12:21 AM
Just for peace of mind, toma and tales aren't liked over at performance shop either. Not that it's surprising.

Thales of Miletus
12-23-2014, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
Just for peace of mind, toma and tales aren't liked over at performance shop either. Not that it's surprising. And the big mean bad man took my candy. Whaaaaaaaaaa. I am seriously butthurt and possess the maturity of a four year old.

Are you the site owner or mod?

Does being Butthurt give you special powers? If it does, you are the Incredible Butthulk.

Grrrrr Butthulk Maddddd! Butthulk Smash keyboard and wet pants. grrrrrrrrr.

p.s. Your mother doesn't like you. Why do you think she bought you a computer and locked you in her basement?