PDA

View Full Version : Scammed by Catalyst Supplements - Matt Gregg

kenifilis
12-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Photo attached of the person in question. (owner of catalyst supplements)

I sent him an interac transfer for $780 and he lied about sending supplements in the mail, no tracking number, then he changed his story over and over. I requested my money back a dozen times and he has given no response, no refund, no compromise.

My goal is to get my money back.
I'm not seeking 'beyond csi' to solve this crime, there is nothing to solve, the guy is a scammer.
This thread is a warning to others who come in contact with this person.

If anyone knows this guy, you can just let him know that all I want is my money back and I will delete this thread and move on with my life. Not trying to ruin anyone here and I'm surprised that a business owner would take a risk of scamming people while having a reputation on the line.

FYI: INTERAC e-Transfer to Matt Gregg accepted
Scotiabank
Add to contacts
24/07/2014
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: kenifilis
[email protected]

kenifilis,

The INTERAC e-Transfer for $780.00 (CAD) you sent to Matt Gregg was accepted. The transfer is now complete.

Recipient's message: A message was not provided

Thank you for using Scotiabank's INTERAC e-Transfer Service.

firebane
12-21-2014, 11:03 AM
So you sent money to someone for goods before receiving goods.. Especially a EMT payment?

LOL. Sucker.

sr20s14zenki
12-21-2014, 11:06 AM
I hope you find the guy,

but seriously, i set a limit of EMT for somebody i dont know, to like 100$ TOPS. Otherwise its in person or has to be somebody i know and trust. As long as people such as yourself keep trusting people online with large amounts of money, these scams will continue to happen.

Use common sense man... You did it to yourself.

kenifilis
12-21-2014, 11:12 AM
I know the guy, I've personally met him and dealt with him in the past, just not EMT.

He has stores in Calgary.

His cell# is 403-483-9811

FraserB
12-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by kenifilis
I know the guy, I've personally met him and dealt with him in the past, just not EMT.

He has stores in Calgary.

His cell# is 403-483-9811

So then file a police report and/or go get your money or product from him personally.

kenifilis
12-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by FraserB
So then file a police report

Already tried.

speedog
12-21-2014, 11:28 AM
OP is from Calgary, accused is from Calgary and has two retail locations located in Calgary.

What is so difficult about going to one of the two physical locations to have the situation addressed?

dj_rice
12-21-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm assuming he wants Beyond to get results for him so he can sit back and reap the rewards?

kenifilis
12-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I'm assuming he wants Beyond to get results for him so he can sit back and reap the rewards?

Actually I don't want beyond to do anything, posting here my main reason was to bring attention to this individual to warn people against doing business with this company.

heavyfuel
12-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Now assuming OP and seller live in Calgary, one has to wonder why said supplements were ordered online and paid for via EMT in the first place.

$780 for "supplements" that for whatever reason can't be picked up in person, by an active dude (assuming OP lifts, one would think anyone who lifts can't be THAT lazy) well that in itself sounds fishy to me. Quick question to further shed some light on this, how long is this one order of "supplements" supposed to last? Whey protein isolate will cost me roughly $1100 for one year.

There has to be more to this story.

Seth1968
12-21-2014, 11:42 AM

So then file a police report and/or go get your money or product from him personally. :rofl:

kenifilis
12-21-2014, 03:18 PM
Cops said it was a civil matter and they cannot do anything.

ROBOCOP
12-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Either provide us with more details or I vote delete thread

GQBalla
12-21-2014, 05:34 PM
What were you purchasing?

Many online supplement companies accept EMT. Post your receipt

I'll bet it was for steroids.

rob the knob
12-21-2014, 05:39 PM
small claims court

cut and dry case for you. unless you buy illegal.

Photo attached of the person in question. (owner of catalyst supplements)

I sent him an interac transfer for $780 and he lied about sending supplements in the mail, no tracking number, then he changed his story over and over. I requested my money back a dozen times and he has given no response, no refund, no compromise.

My goal is to get my money back.
I'm not seeking 'beyond csi' to solve this crime, there is nothing to solve, the guy is a scammer.
This thread is a warning to others who come in contact with this person.

If anyone knows this guy, you can just let him know that all I want is my money back and I will delete this thread and move on with my life. Not trying to ruin anyone here and I'm surprised that a business owner would take a risk of scamming people while having a reputation on the line.

FYI: INTERAC e-Transfer to Matt Gregg accepted
Scotiabank
Add to contacts
24/07/2014
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: kenifilis
[email protected]

kenifilis,

The INTERAC e-Transfer for $780.00 (CAD) you sent to Matt Gregg was accepted. The transfer is now complete.

Recipient's message: A message was not provided

Thank you for using Scotiabank's INTERAC e-Transfer Service.

GQBalla
12-21-2014, 05:45 PM
Wait you've been trying to get your money since July?

GQBalla
12-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by firebane
So you sent money to someone for goods before receiving goods.. Especially a EMT payment?

LOL. Sucker.

I don't understand this. So you're saying you can get goods before paying?

EMT is widely used as a payment option. Purchasing off forums or what not , and buying new/used items

B69
12-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Should have just went to the store and purchased your supplements. Everything about this transaction is sketchy.

GQBalla
12-21-2014, 06:10 PM
Just googled this catalyst supplement store.

I think also I get a discount from where I work I seem to recall reading something like that on my works intranet

IF this was for legal supplements yes put him on blast. Im actually doubting my response now as I don't see any drug dealer using his/her own name. If you google the owners name it shows up as the 3rd or 4th link now. Whoops

heavyfuel
12-21-2014, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
What were you purchasing?

Many online supplement companies accept EMT. Post your receipt

I'll bet it was for steroids.

That's what I was getting at...

I don't see any drug dealer using his/her own name. Whoops

Gotta remember, drug dealers/users aren't exactly the smartest people either.

kenifilis
12-21-2014, 06:15 PM
It was for a whole bunch of stuff, products we talked about over the phone almost 6 months ago. I've bought supplements from him before, weight gainer, pre workout, creatine, protein etc. Whatever the specific brands were it really is irrelevant, because I've received nothing.

GQBalla
12-21-2014, 06:43 PM
It was for a whole bunch of stuff, products we talked about over the phone almost 6 months ago. I've bought supplements from him before, weight gainer, pre workout, creatine, protein etc. Whatever the specific brands were it really is irrelevant, because I've received nothing.

Well, how do we know your story is true? You posted a text "email" which shows Matt Gregg accepting an EMT ( anyone could make one ). You paid exactly $780. So either he wasn't doing it in the books or you lucked out and paid exactly even. I don't see how buying from a store doesn't have some change 783.86 for example.

You're right brand doesn't matter. How about any more proof you actually bought something and aren't just trying to flame this guy.

How come you haven't files a small claims court case yet?

I'm not taking sides yet but you really need to show the public more proof

Post your email convos or something

Seth1968
12-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Scammed by supplements.

/end thread.

kenifilis
12-21-2014, 07:20 PM

Well, how do we know your story is true? You posted a text "email" which shows Matt Gregg accepting an EMT ( anyone could make one ). You paid exactly $780. So either he wasn't doing it in the books or you lucked out and paid exactly even. I don't see how buying from a store doesn't have some change 783.86 for example.

You're right brand doesn't matter. How about any more proof you actually bought something and aren't just trying to flame this guy.

How come you haven't files a small claims court case yet?

I'm not taking sides yet but you really need to show the public more proof

Post your email convos or something

A text post of an EMT receipt isn't good enough, how is a text email any different to you?
You don't have to take my side, I'm just posting my experience.
I can screenshot the email where the EMT was accepted, I can screenshot the text messages, my bank account withdraw from the EMT, but is that even credible proof according to you?

Does anyone know anything about small claims, if it would be worth looking into or if it would cost me more than the price of the EMT?

B69
12-21-2014, 07:39 PM
There needs to be clarification why you did an electronic transfer when you could have gone into the store.

kenifilis
12-21-2014, 07:40 PM

A text post of an EMT receipt isn't good enough, how is a text email any different to you?
You don't have to take my side, I'm just posting my experience.
I can screenshot the email where the EMT was accepted, I can screenshot the text messages, my bank account withdraw from the EMT, but is that even credible proof according to you?

Does anyone know anything about small claims, if it would be worth looking into or if it would cost me more than the price of the EMT?

GQBalla
12-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Now that's theres proof you sent him an EMT what about proof you actually bought something?
What we are asking for isn't going to be different from what the judge will ask for in court.

Right now for the proof I see is he simply could claim you sent him money as a gift or something along those lines.

I still don't undertsnad why you why you avoid certain questions that are being asked

kenifilis
12-21-2014, 08:39 PM
Now that's theres proof you sent him an EMT what about proof you actually bought something?
What we are asking for isn't going to be different from what the judge will ask for in court.

Right now for the proof I see is he simply could claim you sent him money as a gift or something along those lines.

I still don't undertsnad why you why you avoid certain questions that are being asked

I'm guessing the court would ask him if he received the EMT, then ask him if he sent the product to me, and then would ask him for the tracking number for the product he claimed he sent.

GQBalla
12-21-2014, 08:43 PM
So what did you order?

G-ZUS
12-21-2014, 08:45 PM
So what did you order?

"Stuff" aka 'roids

kenifilis
12-21-2014, 08:48 PM
ignores my request for tracking #

J.M.
12-21-2014, 08:49 PM
you tryna get shredded brah

GQBalla
12-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Nice m&p though
You do know if you file a claims report you'll have to provide what you ordered right?

What I'm trying to say is other then these texts of "stuff" being ordered. You won't win but you may draw some sort of heat on him.

NoMoreG35
12-21-2014, 09:13 PM
The most entertaining thread I read today :thumbsup:

B69
12-21-2014, 09:21 PM
I like the picture of a handgun as your profile picture. #gangster

Canucks3322
12-21-2014, 09:42 PM
Don't these guys usually call each other "bro"?

G-ZUS
12-21-2014, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
Don't these guys usually call each other "bro"?

Bro, buddy, bud...same shit, different pile

gqmw
12-23-2014, 12:20 PM
lol...EMT when you can just step into his stores, I bet it's roids!

vengie
12-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by gqmw
lol...EMT when you can just step into his stores, I bet it's roids!

This.

its definitely something illegal, otherwise why wouldn't you simply drive over to his store and confront him?

CompletelyNumb
12-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Plenty of good sources in Alberta. Do your homework next time.

BavarianBeast
12-23-2014, 12:56 PM
How I imagine things played out...

Customs just confiscated a package labelled as supplements for $780.

Package was known to contain illegal performance enhancing substance. Don't think your getting a refund or your package...

:rofl:

FraserB
12-23-2014, 01:18 PM
He's just pissed he didn't get the illegal goods he was promised. Although he might be one of the first to buy illegal supplements via EMT. I thought these were cash deals that went down in gym locker rooms.

If OP ratted the guy out to CrimeStoppers, he might get a cash reward for doing so.

G-ZUS
12-23-2014, 01:26 PM
He's just pissed he didn't get the illegal goods he was promised. Although he might be one of the first to buy illegal supplements via EMT. I thought these were cash deals that went down in gym locker rooms.

If OP ratted the guy out to CrimeStoppers, he might get a cash reward for doing so.

Snitches get stitches bro :guns: :whipped:

GQBalla
12-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Call 403-266-1234 next time, tell them you got this number from Johnny.

CMW403
12-25-2014, 07:59 PM
This is hilarious.

A dumbass "bro" got ripped off by a marginally smarter dumbass "bro" for a stack of roids and he expects beyond CSI to get his test back so he can bro hard.

Don't even bother, just bro away seriously, you will undoubtedly manage to make yourself look like even more of a dumb fuck if you take this any further.

sr20s14zenki
12-25-2014, 08:30 PM
Hahaha.. Busted.

austic
12-26-2014, 05:31 PM
Scammed by a roids dealer..... maybe go roid rage on him and hulk smash?

Canucks3322
12-26-2014, 07:03 PM
He has to get huge first in order to roid rage on him but he can't get huge without the roids first. ..a viscous circle. ..

BigMass
12-26-2014, 08:12 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/313omzb.jpg

BigMass
12-26-2014, 08:15 PM
just got my order in!
JTnIlfCcJHk
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a339/cykas/MISC/celltech.gif

Str1der
12-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
He has to get huge first in order to roid rage on him but he can't get huge without the roids first. ..a viscous circle. ..

http://www.vibratechtvd.com/images-new/damper-cutaway.jpg

Rocket1k78
12-29-2014, 12:35 PM
Busted for sure lol

Its pretty obvious its an illegal substance if you keep avoiding the question of what you bought. Maybe this is gods way of telling you roids is bad lol

7thgenvic
12-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Hilarious thread to say the least!
BAHHH.
I can't even believe he had the balls to post this on beyond thinking that anyone would actually give two S*its about making this owner to look like a bad guy.

So.... He ordered roids and they were confiscated..

There is a reason he probably didn't get a tracking #. He didn't want it coming back to him that he had been shipping roid.

God OP. You are a complete retard!

sgaydosh
08-15-2015, 11:00 AM
OP may not be bullshitting. Said owner and I used to be friends until on a supplement order my sister and I placed with him, our credit cards got charged not once, but 4 times each. We have since not been able to recoup it from him or his bank. Matt seems to have disappeared and I haven't heard from him in months. Deleted his facebook, wont respond to texts. AND WE WERE FRIENDS FOR 3 YEARS

relyt92
08-15-2015, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by sgaydosh
OP may not be bullshitting. Said owner and I used to be friends until on a supplement order my sister and I placed with him, our credit cards got charged not once, but 4 times each. We have since not been able to recoup it from him or his bank. Matt seems to have disappeared and I haven't heard from him in months. Deleted his facebook, wont respond to texts. AND WE WERE FRIENDS FOR 3 YEARS Could you not have done a chargeback through your own bank?

J.M.
08-15-2015, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by relyt92
Could you not have done a chargeback through your own bank?

:werd: I was thinking the same thing..

rx7_turbo2
08-15-2015, 06:12 PM
^ Ya no kidding, anytime I've had obviously fraudulent charges (re:charged 4 times) on my cc, a simple phone call to the cc company had charges reversed in pretty short order.

My favourite part of this thread is that the OP was asked about 10 times why he didn't pick his shit up in person. He'd post right after seeming oblivious to the fact the question was ever asked :nut:

tehwegz
08-15-2015, 07:12 PM
I thought roids and all the supporting gear you need cost a heck of a lot more than that. Maybe that was the first cycle?

But I died at the cell tech posts. Classic Bodybuilding Misc memes. That one has been around since at least 2009, never gets old.

GQBalla
08-16-2015, 11:09 AM
i remember the mouse/rat ad.

I believed it....

zerocon
08-21-2015, 12:35 AM
OP may not be bullshitting. Said owner and I used to be friends until on a supplement order my sister and I placed with him, our credit cards got charged not once, but 4 times each. We have since not been able to recoup it from him or his bank. Matt seems to have disappeared and I haven't heard from him in months. Deleted his facebook, wont respond to texts. AND WE WERE FRIENDS FOR 3 YEARS

http://imgur.com/Jv65ciI
Seems like facebook is still active? Maybe he blocked you and you dont know how facebook works?

Disoblige
08-21-2015, 08:29 AM
Interesting, zerocon is friends with Matt Gregg, if that is him who took the screenshot.

http://s18.postimg.org/qys305n15/Jv65ci_I.png

Mitsu3000gt
08-21-2015, 08:52 AM

Unless it was a pin-pad transaction, any reputable credit card company would 100% refund you. Only company that may not is BMO.

zerocon
08-21-2015, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Interesting, zerocon is friends with Matt Gregg, if that is him who took the screenshot.

http://s18.postimg.org/qys305n15/Jv65ci_I.png

Amazing deduction skills you got there I clearly must be in on the conspiracy. Either way, He added me years ago I think through mutual HS friends when he was first starting up.

Back when I wasn't a fat shit I had purchased some protein powder from one of his stores though, always seemed like reasonable legit services. Never dealt with the non store front side though.