PDA

View Full Version : RECOVERED: 2006 White Audi A4 License Sun-102

JustinMCS
12-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Hello

My mother's vehicle was stolen last night at 930 to 10pm in the Springbank area not far from calaway park.

The car was locked and in the garage. The thieves smashed into the house and ransacked the entire place looking for the keys. They found the keys (they were not in plain sight) and then stole the car our of the garage.

What low lives do this? Especially right before Christmas?

2006 WHITE AUDI A4. 2.0T
Halogen headlights
6speed manual
One left taillight bulb out
Expired registration
One license plate light out
One city bulb out in pass side headlight
Brand new brakes all around
License plate Alberta SUN-102

This car has not been driven in over a year and was basically just being stored and maintained.

RCMP have been notified and are investigating and fingerprinting.

What shit people in the world.

Justin
Please call 911 if you see it. It has been reported stolen.

VEHICLE DETAILS:

VIN: WAUDF78E36A124479
Year/Make/Model: 2006 Audi A4 2.0T QUATTRO AWD
Body Style: Sedan 4 Dr.
Country of Assembly: Germany
Cylinders: 4
Fuel Type: Gas

01RedDX
12-21-2014, 09:12 PM

Kloubek
12-21-2014, 09:52 PM
ARG. No shame for thieves, apparently.

D88
12-21-2014, 10:15 PM
That's pretty ballsy especially for an 06 A4.

JustinMCS
12-21-2014, 10:20 PM
Exactly. It's work like 10 to 14k ish. Like what the hell

G-ZUS
12-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Was it insured

JustinMCS
12-22-2014, 12:21 AM
Yes it's insured. Registration is up to date but the sticker on the plate was not put on it yet.

InRich
12-22-2014, 12:46 AM
Can u describe how they got in? im curious.

revelations
12-22-2014, 02:01 AM
^ probably kicked a door or broke a window :dunno:

bjstare
12-22-2014, 08:28 AM
Was probably Snowcat.

spikerS
12-22-2014, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by cjblair
Was probably Snowcat.

LOL, when we read this last night, Baygirl and I both looked at each other and said that it was probably scat, or one of his friends.

someone knew the car was there and targeted it.

jacky4566
12-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Nothing else stolen? If they had to break and enter why not take some of your stuff too? Tvs or computers. This seem targeted or weird.

Wrinkly
12-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Seems they wanted in and out pretty quick. No-one was home at the time and they found all related paperwork to the vehicle, bill of sale etc, and took it. The only other thing that I know for sure was taken was a diamond ring worth about $4k which I'd (stupidly, I know ) left out in sight.

Apparently a loud lifted truck was seen by a neighbour (colour unknown, it was dark and she couldn't see the colour). Another neighbour spotted a white SUV in the driveway a few days ago. A white sedan (the A4?) was witnessed leaving the property at a high rate of speed at approx 9:30pm on Saturday 20th December.

Justin's description is very accurate - it's a Quattro and has cheapie aftermarket 16" (ok, you can laugh,lol) "Sport" five spoke alloys with Continental winter tires.

Thanks for reading guys - feel so violated, they went through ALL my stuff.

(Edit: I got dates mixed up - I had Saturday 20th lol)

spikerS
12-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Wrinkly
Seems they wanted in and out pretty quick. No-one was home at the time and they found all related paperwork to the vehicle, bill of sale etc, and took it. The only other thing that I know for sure was taken was a diamond ring worth about $4k which I'd (stupidly, I know ) left out in sight.

Apparently a loud lifted truck was seen by a neighbour (colour unknown, it was dark and she couldn't see the colour). Another neighbour spotted a white SUV in the driveway a few days ago. A white sedan (the A4?) was witnessed leaving the property at a high rate of speed at approx 9:30pm on Saturday 21st December.

Justin's description is very accurate - it's a Quattro and has cheapie aftermarket 16" (ok, you can laugh,lol) "Sport" five spoke alloys with Continental winter tires.

Thanks for reading guys - feel so violated, they went through ALL my stuff.

This is going to sound really dumb right now, but run out to the registry office, and put a lein on your own car. They are planning to ditch the car, otherwise why take all the paperwork from the house too.

With a lein on it, you will always have the power to take a baliff and get your car back without any red tape from the CPS, and anyone doing a search, it will be found, and banks wont lend on it.

it isnt going to do much, but it might slow them down a bit

Wrinkly
12-22-2014, 01:58 PM
Really? People do this?

It's already flagged as stolen though - so can't be registered :dunno: Or am I missing something?

J.M.
12-22-2014, 04:43 PM
Really? People do this?

It's already flagged as stolen though - so can't be registered :dunno: Or am I missing something?

Vin swapping?

Wrinkly
12-22-2014, 10:39 PM
Just got a call from CPS district one - they have one of the keys to my car in their possession, but no car yet.

Kloubek
12-22-2014, 11:10 PM
A key? They have a KEY? That's... kinda... odd...

spikerS
12-23-2014, 07:16 AM
Just got a call from CPS district one - they have one of the keys to my car in their possession, but no car yet.

Well, that's interesting....

2 questions come to mind though. 1) how did they come across the key for the car, and 2) How do they know it is for YOUR car, without being able to test it in the car?

flipstah
12-23-2014, 08:38 AM
It was the evil twin that did it!!

I rocked in Clue so I'm an expert. Graham will back me up.

phil98z24
12-23-2014, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by spikerS

Well, that's interesting....

2 questions come to mind though. 1) how did they come across the key for the car, and 2) How do they know it is for YOUR car, without being able to test it in the car?

We are always coming across items like this when we arrest people in other stolen cars, or when they are found with stolen property, etc. If they have registration documents, insurance, etc, it's usually a safe bet the key is for that stolen car.

Alternatively, shithead admitted the key was for the stolen car and there you go. :)

Wrinkly
12-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Apparently they booked or attempted to book/pay for a hotel room with a stolen credit card in downtown Calgary yesterday. CPS were called (district one). They called me and asked if I was missing an Audi. I said yes and explained what had happened. They also have some of my documents, and some old AMA cards of mine, which is how they found me.

I think the thieves dumped the key (maybe left in the hotel room?) because it didn't fit the car (it's for my other vehicle). They also stole ALL of my financial info and two of my credit cards have already been compromised.

I have a potential lead for police from talking to my credit card fraud department last night - I called them back (CPS), and a message was passed on, but I've heard nothing back yet.

These guys have targeted several people apparently.

So anyone in the SE or Okotoks - keep an eye out for a white Audi A4 with brake light/licence plate and front "city" (parking/side light) bulbs burned out

Wrinkly
12-23-2014, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by phil98z24

Alternatively, shithead admitted the key was for the stolen car and there you go. :)

They have neither my car or the perpetrators yet (to my knowledge) :(

I assume they took off :dunno:

btimbit
12-23-2014, 10:55 AM
Will keep an eye out. Hope it gets back in one piece and the bastards get caught

That.Guy.S30
12-23-2014, 11:29 AM
Apparently they booked or attempted to book/pay for a hotel room with a stolen credit card in downtown Calgary yesterday. CPS were called (district one). They called me and asked if I was missing an Audi. I said yes and explained what had happened. They also have some of my documents, and some old AMA cards of mine, which is how they found me.

I think the thieves dumped the key (maybe left in the hotel room?) because it didn't fit the car (it's for my other vehicle). They also stole ALL of my financial info and two of my credit cards have already been compromised.

I have a potential lead for police from talking to my credit card fraud department last night - I called them back (CPS), and a message was passed on, but I've heard nothing back yet.

So anyone in the SE or Okotoks - keep an eye out for a white Audi A4 with brake light/licence plate and front "city" (parking/side light) bulbs burned out

thats insane. especially with all that credit card info stuff.

phil98z24
12-23-2014, 12:11 PM

...or it is found that way too.

Sorry to hear they are using your cards and have comprised your financial info, hopefully they will be caught soon. These people have a habit of getting caught pretty quickly, especially when they use stolen credit cards to book hotel rooms. Please tell your credit card company to call 911 immediately should these guys do this again, as we can catch them right there and then!

Wrinkly
12-23-2014, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by phil98z24

...or it is found that way too.

Sorry to hear they are using your cards and have comprised your financial info, hopefully they will be caught soon. These people have a habit of getting caught pretty quickly, especially when they use stolen credit cards to book hotel rooms. Please tell your credit card company to call 911 immediately should these guys do this again, as we can catch them right there and then!

Cards already cancelled :) Pain in the ass though - lost three days of my life to these scumbags.... :banghead:

Wrinkly
12-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Can someone please remind me how to get a photo uploaded? Does it have to be hosted somewhere, or can I just upload from my PC?

spikerS
12-23-2014, 01:27 PM
you can upload from PC.

When you are replying, there is a button to attach image. Click it.

Wrinkly
12-23-2014, 01:37 PM
you can upload from PC.

When you are replying, there is a button to attach image. Click it.

Thanks Spikers :)

Wrinkly
12-23-2014, 01:53 PM
Wheel

Wrinkly
12-23-2014, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by jacky4566
Nothing else stolen? If they had to break and enter why not take some of your stuff too? Tvs or computers. This seem targeted or weird.

They also took a diamond ring (worth about $4000) and my Vagcom and notebook computer which was dedicated to the above (about $1500).

Can't find a decent picture of the ring - but it's yellow gold with British hallmarks which sets it apart, 24carat gold (not common here) and about 1/4 carat total in diamonds (triple stone)

So....."ballsy", maybe - but about $20k total for a few mins "work" aint so bad :dunno:

JRSC00LUDE
12-23-2014, 11:54 PM
Vagcam? Go on......

(I couldn't help myself :D )

Wrinkly
12-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Vagcam? Go on......

(I couldn't help myself :D )

LMAO - ok, I'll play.... "vaginal communicator" (like you didn't know!!)

Edit: Haaaaaa - only just noticed the "a" lolololol :nut: :angel:

JRSC00LUDE
12-24-2014, 12:15 AM
Hey lady, I got yer vaginal communicator riiiiiiiiight here! :poosie:

(I feel like I should be apologizing to the OP at this point. Or, hiding from....)

:cry:

Wrinkly
12-24-2014, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Hey lady, I got yer vaginal communicator riiiiiiiiight here! :poosie:

(I feel like I should be apologizing to the OP at this point. Or, hiding from....)

:cry:

No need - he'd just laugh (in fact he taught me that term LOL) omg that sounds bad.... :D

JustinMCS
12-24-2014, 01:51 AM
Yes I call it the vaginal communicator (VAGCOM) LOL.

Probably why VAG (Volkswagen AG) changed their name to VG (Volkswagen Group)

I am just so upset that people do this to other people. Some people are just such assholes. Who in their right mind thinks its ok to break into someones house and steal their stuff? Unreal.

Wrinkly
12-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Good to see:

http://app.cpic-cipc.ca/English/searchFormResultslic.cfm

Oh!Weird! That doesn't work :dunno:

spikerS
12-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Good to see:

http://app.cpic-cipc.ca/English/searchFormResultslic.cfm

Oh!Weird! That doesn't work :dunno:

Took a screen shot for you.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7557/16095391401_da98ab0089_b.jpg

JustinMCS
12-27-2014, 01:42 AM
Still missing. Been gone for a week tomorrow night

Wrinkly
12-28-2014, 08:12 PM
Thanks Spikers. :)

One week on the 27th, Justin - Saturday 20th it was stolen.

So - as I've heard nothing from the police I'm tempted to post details of what I know here.

But should I? I have a business name and location and believe there to be a connection with the crime and someone who either owns that business or works there. :dunno:

spikerS
12-28-2014, 08:30 PM
well, there are 2 lines of thought on this.

1) if you post said details, and they turn out to be innocent...well, once something is on the internet, it is there forever.

2) if the details you have are correct, and these people see you post them here, it may make them ditch the car, and it may be recovered faster.

in MOST car thefts these days, there is little investigation done by any police agency into individual thefts, which is probably why you haven't heard anything, but it has only been 1 week.

If you want to, you can post FACTS, as those can't change, and are not open to interpretation. Like for example the theft happened on December 20th, that can't change.

If you decide to post anything else, because you state it is a belief, please make sure you post it as your opinion and clearly state that. While I am insanely curious of these details, I recommend against posting them, because even if they end up being true, they can cause some huge headaches.

Having said that, if you want someone impartial to bounce these ideas of who took the car, PM me. :D

phil98z24
12-28-2014, 10:10 PM
wrinkly - I'll PM you about this... But please, don't put anything out there. Thank you. :thumbsup:

Wrinkly
12-29-2014, 02:43 AM
Thanks again Spikers, I'm all clued up about only talking "facts". But since Phil messaged me I won't be saying anything publicly.

Thanks to you, too, Phil :thumbsup: ;)

Edit: Anyone met Phil and can vouch he's a real cop before I say too much to him? lol (Can't be too careful these days)

spikerS
12-29-2014, 07:03 AM
yeah, Phil is legit.

feel free to PM me too! LOL

Wrinkly
12-29-2014, 01:34 PM
Nvm

Wrinkly
01-09-2015, 01:11 PM
Still no news :(

TomcoPDR
01-09-2015, 02:10 PM

Edit: Anyone met Phil and can vouch he's a real cop before I say too much to him? lol (Can't be too careful these days)

Are you saying M.Alex might not really be a boob inspector?

Wrinkly
01-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

Are you saying M.Alex might not really be a boob inspector?

Hmmmm lol - definitely sounds suspect at best (or should I say "breast"?), to me :D

Wrinkly
01-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Well this, at least is comforting - or is it? :dunno: Probably means it's been dumped somewhere or parted out?

https://reports.carproof.com/main?id=gtCqd5zOHtiBhAsFQ2rqLA%3d%3d

zipdoa
01-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Well this, at least is comforting - or is it? :dunno: Probably means it's been dumped somewhere or parted out?

https://reports.carproof.com/main?id=gtCqd5zOHtiBhAsFQ2rqLA%3d%3d

The fact that you reported it stolen and now the carproof is reporting it as stolen?

Wrinkly
01-12-2015, 03:18 PM
Yeah that it's showing as stolen and no "new owner" (believe they have the registration doc) and still no liens against it. It wasn't listed as stolen for three days after it went missing so wondered if they took advantage of that window of opportunity, but obviously not :)

ercchry
01-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Yeah that it's showing as stolen and no "new owner" (believe they have the registration doc) and still no liens against it. It wasn't listed as stolen for three days after it went missing so wondered if they took advantage of that window of opportunity, but obviously not :)

if they did sell it to themselves it would of been tracked pretty damn quick

phil98z24
01-13-2015, 11:11 AM

It goes on CPIC as stolen as soon as it's reported; external agencies that use that information don't have access to it right away. It's still out there, sorry to say!

sillysod
01-13-2015, 11:52 AM
so wait... wrinkly is Justin's mom? his mom is on beyond? and they are talking about vagina communication?

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Mfw+quot+my+brother+has+the+softest+lips+quot+_d5f681c0d0d31dace5c718b2205912e3.jpg

G-ZUS
01-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by sillysod
so wait... wrinkly is Justin's mom? his mom is on beyond? and they are talking about vagina communication?

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Mfw+quot+my+brother+has+the+softest+lips+quot+_d5f681c0d0d31dace5c718b2205912e3.jpg

Nailed it

JRSC00LUDE
01-16-2015, 12:09 PM

Twat was that? I cunt hear you.

Wrinkly
01-16-2015, 03:56 PM
:clap: Car has been recovered! :clap:

SkiBum5.0
01-16-2015, 03:57 PM
Was the culprit Dirty Mike and the boys?

G-ZUS
01-16-2015, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't want it back :dunno:

Mitsu3000gt
01-16-2015, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Me neither. I certainly wouldn't want it, and neither would anyone one the used market unless for a ridiculously low price. So much value is gone, does insurance step up at all, or do they just hand you your car back and call it a day?

spikerS
01-16-2015, 04:32 PM
Glad to hear it Wrinkly!

Did the CPS provide any details about how or where it was recovered, or anything?

Wrinkly
01-16-2015, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS

Not sure I do, really - but apparently it appears to be in very good shape. The officer said no obvious damage and inside is neat and clean. Haven't seen it yet - it's on its way to forensics.

Problems I foresee are knackered brakes (they were brand new and not bedded in), and the tire pressures were VERY low and I doubt they bothered to check that! :(

Wrinkly
01-16-2015, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Me neither. I certainly wouldn't want it, and neither would anyone one the used market unless for a ridiculously low price. So much value is gone, does insurance step up at all, or do they just hand you your car back and call it a day?

Guess I'll have to talk with them and see what they say - but great points, thanks Mitsu!

Wrinkly
01-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Glad to hear it Wrinkly!

Did the CPS provide any details about how or where it was recovered, or anything?

Wrinkly
01-16-2015, 05:00 PM

...some people just have filthy minds :angel:

Graham_A_M
01-17-2015, 10:23 PM
Wow. Good news you got it back. :thumbsup:

Wrinkly
01-17-2015, 11:44 PM
Hmmmm well - looked to be in good shape apart from chip crumbs in the front, until I tried to start it! No go - so the guys at the lot bring a booster, still nothing. So they bring in a seriously heavy duty booster and still nothing :( Turns over, and has compression but won't fire. Fresh oil all over the engine so did they over fill it maybe?) Negative Batt terminal smoulders also :dunno:

From the odometer they didn't drive it too far, but sure seem to have fucked it up :guns:

so....$300 and six hours later and I still have nothing to show for it :(

Graham_A_M
01-18-2015, 12:48 PM
^ a smoldering negative terminal will mean it's loose and not providing the amperage needed to boost it. With partial contact, the terminal will heat up dramatically due to a large current draw being pulled from a very small contact area. Id assume it's just loose and needing to be tightened..... but even so while being boosted... a lot of the necessary current would come from the secondary power supply (being either the other battery or battery charger/booster). So the fact it's still not starting makes me wonder. Id ask them to properly torque the terminal leads to establish a solid connection and try it again, first with just the battery then secondly with the charger/booster leads to see what happens.

Is it turning over normally? Or does it sound as if the starter isn't getting enough current as if you were trying to start it when it's miserably cold out?

Additionally, you may want to check the oil level. If it's incredibly low, some cars have a sensor that'll cut power to the engine so it can be cranked, but it won't run since there won't be any spark going to the plugs to prevent it from being seized from being run essentially without oil. Perhaps that may be the cause.

diamondedge
01-18-2015, 01:28 PM
Glad you have your car back. Bastard thieves.

Along with Graham, if it's turning over, I wonder if it has a fueling issue? It has some gas in it, right? Unless these thieves ran it dry and it did something to the fuel pump.

Wrinkly
01-18-2015, 04:22 PM
Went back to try again today. Has almost full tank of Gas, Oil is waaaaay over filled, still won't start.

Cranks normally, but does sound a little different - sort of 'muffled' (I think too much oil is the reason for that).

So another $130 today and it's now outside George's awaiting his input :(

Other damage: Wheels curbed, one tire completely flat, cracked rear light and scratched up bumper. Sad to see (I get attached to my cars lol :love: )

Thanks for the input/advice guys - much appreciated. :)

ToXicXxX
01-18-2015, 04:34 PM
I'll have to walk over and peak at it Monday :P

Wrinkly
01-18-2015, 05:57 PM
You can't miss it! You'll see why lol (not the best tow truck driver) :facepalm:

JustinMCS
01-18-2015, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by ToXicXxX
I'll have to walk over and peak at it Monday :P

I always wondered where ecuprogram was and I saw it right next to tunedub.

Poor car. Think it's a write off. Shame because it was in good shape before.

Graham_A_M
01-18-2015, 07:36 PM
^ I don't think it would qualify for a write off with just that..... but who knows. Bumper refinish, repaint and tail light? $1500-$2500 or so.... flat tire and fixing curb rashed rim... $400. Not starting? It's hard to say without a diagnosis..... but it would take a fair bit to write off a $10k car just based on those things.

Wrinkly
01-18-2015, 07:52 PM
Over filled the oil, Graham - that'll knacker the engine and potentially make it a gusher :(

relyt92
01-18-2015, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
^ I don't think it would qualify for a write off with just that..... but who knows. Bumper refinish, repaint and tail light? $1500-$2500 or so.... flat tire and fixing curb rashed rim... $400. Not starting? It's hard to say without a diagnosis..... but it would take a fair bit to write off a $10k car just based on those things. I don't know whether there's truth behind it but I thought I've read on here before that when there's damage to a vehicle from when it was stolen it's almost automatically written off just because it was damaged?

Graham_A_M
01-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Over filled the oil, Graham - that'll knacker the engine and potentially make it a gusher :(

Yeah what may happen is that since oil obviously doesn't compress, unlike air what typically happens is a seal may blow out. That would really change things.... but even so the crankcase breather should vent the excess air pressure....

Wrinkly
01-18-2015, 08:12 PM
Yeah but being a manual, can result in oil leaking onto the clutch plate - not good

Graham_A_M
01-18-2015, 08:55 PM
After you get it back from forensics, would it be worth it to have an Audi specialist go over it with a fine tooth comb?

sillysod
01-19-2015, 12:41 AM
whos mom talke about clutch plates?

Kloubek
01-19-2015, 01:36 AM
Wrinkly is far more knowledgeable about vehicles than almost all other middle aged (sorry?) women out there. There's a reason she's on this site.

spikerS
01-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Wrinkly is far more knowledgeable about vehicles than almost all other middle aged (sorry?) women out there. There's a reason she's on this site.

She is probably more knowledgeable than half of Beyond, nevermind women.

JustinMCS
01-19-2015, 09:48 AM
why do you think her and i get along so well - i take her to dealers and carshows all the time and she cares more about the engine, sound and transmission maybe more than how the car looks! haha.

Wrinkly
01-19-2015, 11:52 AM
After you get it back from forensics, would it be worth it to have an Audi specialist go over it with a fine tooth comb?

It's with George at Tunedub right now, so in safe hands! :) Has to wait for the insurance adjuster first though.

Wrinkly
01-23-2015, 02:45 PM
So I was right - they way overfilled the oil and Tunedub says engine blown :(

zipdoa
01-23-2015, 02:52 PM

Whatever, blessing in disguise. You don't want to own a car that's been stolen and abused anyway. Take the payout (hoping you had coverage!) and get a proper Audi instead (read: 6MT avant)

Kloubek
01-23-2015, 03:01 PM

Fuckers.

How did that even happen? If someone was to take a car for just joyriding, why would they even bother to add oil at all? Did I miss something earlier in the thread?

Wrinkly
01-23-2015, 03:04 PM
Just off the phone with insurance - adjuster yet to check it, but looking like a write off :(

Masked Bandit
01-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Blown motor will almost guarantee a write off but who steals a car and adds oil?

Tik-Tok
01-23-2015, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
Blown motor will almost guarantee a write off but who steals a car and adds oil?

Someone hiding a kilo of cocaine in the oil pan? :rofl:

Graham_A_M
01-23-2015, 07:14 PM
Wow that sucks..... Agreed, who the hell steals a car then adds oil to the engine? Unless it was their goal to blow the engine.... :nut:

Wrinkly
01-24-2015, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa

Whatever, blessing in disguise. You don't want to own a car that's been stolen and abused anyway. Take the payout (hoping you had coverage!) and get a proper Audi instead (read: 6MT avant)

I have a real Audi (S4 with the V8), The A4 was my daily driver - still lots of fun and economical to boot (but the "A" is still a real Audi ;) )

Originally posted by Kloubek

Fuckers.

How did that even happen? If someone was to take a car for just joyriding, why would they even bother to add oil at all? Did I miss something earlier in the thread?

Originally posted by Masked Bandit

Wow that sucks..... Agreed, who the hell steals a car then adds oil to the engine? Unless it was their goal to blow the engine.... :nut:

Dunno - I'm bemused by this, too :dunno:

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Someone hiding a kilo of cocaine in the oil pan? :rofl:
LOL

Wrinkly
02-09-2015, 02:09 AM
So - it's official. Write off - just waiting on the valuation now....

Wrinkly
02-20-2018, 09:01 PM
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread - but I know some of you would have been curious (don't know why I didn't think to add this before, but I've not been around much since), but Intact really came through for me and I was very pleasantly surprised by a cheque in the mail for $12,500 :clap:. They were really great! I thought I'd have been lucky to see $10k. So Kudos to INTACT :love:

(Now go check out all the shit I have for sale in Market Place lol :thumbsup: )

Kloubek
02-21-2018, 10:01 AM
So it sounds like that was a non-negotiated number.

How were you "surprised"? Didn't they tell you how much they were offering before they sent it, and you accepted?

I'm with Innova, and they first tried to screw me with the value of my written off Jag but after I put together a pretty black-and-white case, they upped their offer by 35% and ended up giving me more than I felt my vehicle was really worth, but I wasn't complaining either....

Wrinkly
02-21-2018, 10:26 AM
So it sounds like that was a non-negotiated number.

How were you "surprised"? Didn't they tell you how much they were offering before they sent it, and you accepted?

I'm with Innova, and they first tried to screw me with the value of my written off Jag but after I put together a pretty black-and-white case, they upped their offer by 35% and ended up giving me more than I felt my vehicle was really worth, but I wasn't complaining either....

I just checked online for the going price for similar vehicles at the time and felt it was more than fair. :)