PDA

View Full Version : Fiesta ST Cobb 100 Octane Tune

Cos
12-23-2014, 07:51 PM

Sorath
12-23-2014, 08:54 PM
nice gains,

Too bad we dont have 100 octane here and OTS maps generally do nothing at this elevation

Redlined_8000
12-23-2014, 09:29 PM
Sure nice gains and all... But Isnt 100 octane considered race gas? You cant get it at the pump, and its a street driven car. So whats the point? All that extra torque and power from 100 oct will put alot of stress on the stock clutch. I would just keep it at the 91 oct and call it a day.

Also he talks like it "blows the tires off" well ya you cant go WOT on a fwd car mid corner with no LSD and not blow the tires off lol...

A790
12-23-2014, 09:43 PM
The stage 3 kit for the Fiesta looks like it'd be a ton of fun. 217 whp in that thing? Awesome :D

pheoxs
12-23-2014, 10:06 PM
I kinda want to mod mine but holding off until later. Made too many mistakes modding the FR-S to o soon.

Eventually I think I'll work my way to their stage 3 setup but as stated above I'd need more grip. Either a LSD or at the very least stickier tires.

never
12-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
nice gains,

Too bad we dont have 100 octane here and OTS maps generally do nothing at this elevation

People in Edmonton can get Fury SL99 from AFD...not quite like stopping and filling up anywhere but still...better than nothing.

https://www.afdpetroleum.com/fuel/racing

JZS_147
12-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000
Sure nice gains and all... But Isnt 100 octane considered race gas? You cant get it at the pump, and its a street driven car. So whats the point? All that extra torque and power from 100 oct will put alot of stress on the stock clutch. I would just keep it at the 91 oct and call it a day.

Also he talks like it "blows the tires off" well ya you cant go WOT on a fwd car mid corner with no LSD and not blow the tires off lol...

They have 100 octane at the pump at a few gas stations in the USA. I found lots of them in Nevada and California. Specifically, Rebel gas stations carry Rockett brand race fuel. There was another chain of gas stations too, but I forget what they're called.

It's relatively cheap, I think i filled up my wagon for $70-80? Good fuel too, had good results.

If I had enough time I was going to stop by COBB in Socal and dyno for some actual results, but got too carried away spending money in LA.

Ukyo8
12-24-2014, 12:12 AM
nice gains,

I ran an OTS 93 octane Cobb map on my Focus ST at this elevation and it made a huge difference

Sorath
12-24-2014, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Ukyo8

I ran an OTS 93 octane Cobb map on my Focus ST at this elevation and it made a huge difference

is it dyno proven?

do you have baselines?

it will feel quicker because you are running more boost.
From history of previous cobb OTS maps none made power and some made less

Sugarphreak
12-24-2014, 12:17 PM

pheoxs
12-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Pretty much this, in the short time I was driving mine before it was parked for the winter, I had to be soft on the accelerator or it would spin the tires in any of the first 3 gears.

The gears are also pretty short as well, just as you get it wound up it runs out of rev range.

I plan to run mine stock for the summer and get a feel for it. I don't know that it needs more power, more than it does a set of sticky tires or an LSD to get it down.

Yeah, I spin a lot, pretty much all the time in first/second it kinda sucks. I might look at swapping out the stock tires but will likely try to live with them for a year or two to run them down. I definitely spin my winter tires more than I want.

I'd be interested in an LSD but don't really trust myself or any shops to pull apart the transmission to do the install. If someone else got theirs done at a shop and then showed they didn't fuck it up I'd probably send my car in the next day. Would definitely help with winter driving it.

Ukyo8
12-24-2014, 01:27 PM

is it dyno proven?

do you have baselines?

it will feel quicker because you are running more boost.
From history of previous cobb OTS maps none made power and some made less

Before the tune I could mash the gas in 2nd gear without traction issues.
After the tune when I mash the gas in 2nd gear it would roast the tires.

I'm not sure what would cause this other than an increase in power :dunno:

Sorath
12-24-2014, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Ukyo8

Before the tune I could mash the gas in 2nd gear without traction issues.
After the tune when I mash the gas in 2nd gear it would roast the tires.

I'm not sure what would cause this other than an increase in power :dunno:

do a baseline dyno on stock map vs cobb ots map at our elevation then you'll understand