PDA

View Full Version : Fort Saskatchewan: Shooter on the loose in downtown area.

spikerS
12-30-2014, 10:36 AM
Just got word from some colleagues that they are now barricaded inside their building by the RCMP as they are actively hunting down a gunman in the area. This is just developing now, media should be picking up on it soon.

spikerS
12-30-2014, 10:46 AM
just found this on FB too.

Fort Saskatchewan - Downtown core closed due to police investigation - Fort Saskatchewan RCMP officers are advising the residents of Fort Saskatchewan, Lamont, Strathcona and Sturgeon Counties that, due to an on-going police incident, all roads to the downtown core of Fort Saskatchewan have been blocked off. No access will be permitted until further notice.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alberta-Police-Report/103263679762284?fref=nf

speedog
12-30-2014, 11:30 AM
All reopened except per this tweet...

CTV Edmonton
‏@ctvedmonton
Fort Saskatchewan core reopened, windows at VN Express restaurant destroyed - Vehicle that was part of high risk alert found at scene #yeg

10:07 AM - 30 Dec 2014

Pic from the scene (from Twitter)...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6HpRHoCYAAqljF.jpg

Mibz
12-30-2014, 11:31 AM
I LOLed at "Downtown Fort Saskatchewan".

speedog
12-30-2014, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Mibz
I LOLed at "Downtown Fort Saskatchewan".
It's all relative, a city of some 22,000 people is going to have a considerably different downtown from what Calgarians might view as a downtown - even smaller towns like Crossfield or High River have a downtown. My parent's house in High River (13,000 people), where they've lived for 30 years, is by no means in downtown High River.

spikerS
12-30-2014, 11:50 AM
yeah, just saw this updated too.

I wonder what the hubub was about...

UPDATE: Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta - RCMP advise that the Fort Saskatchewan downtown core has been reopened to pedestrian and vehicle traffic. The Fort Saskatchewan RCMP and RCMP Major Crimes Unit officers are assisting the Edmonton Police Service in a City of Edmonton based investigation.

sputnik
12-30-2014, 12:01 PM
Here is my interpretation of the events.

Drunk guy driving home from a hunting trip crashed into restaurant.

Took gun out of truck and walked home.

spikerS
12-30-2014, 12:41 PM
probably related to this

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/12/30/edmonton-area-cops-investigating-multiple-deaths-more-than-one-victim-at-a-north-edmonton-home

Several incidents - including homicides and suspicious deaths - are being probed in and around Edmonton.

Edmonton police are investigating more than one homicide at a home near 180 Avenue and 83 Street.

Mounties are investigating a Strathcona County suspicious death and say drivers should avoid 34 Street between Baseline and Sherwood Park Freeway.

And Edmonton police are investigating the suspicious death of a woman at a family home in southwest Edmonton.

A woman believed to be in her late 30s was found dead at a house near Haswell Court and Haswell Way, after police responded to a weapons complaint shortly before 7 p.m. Monday.

A neighbour near the home at 180 Avenue and 83 Street said a young Vietnamese couple lives at the house.

The neighbour said fighting could often be heard coming from the home.

"They've been fighting since the get-go. You can hear then yelling and screaming at each other and not just an argument - they're pretty loud," said Holly.

She says they have an eight-year-old son named Elvis who would commonly come over and play with her grandkids.

"He's a cute little guy," said Holly.

They also have a one-and-a-half year old daughter, though she doesn't know her name.

"We had detectives here last night but they said they couldn't day anything," said Holly.

Perhaps related, Mounties had closed all roads to the downtown core of Fort Saskatchewan Tuesday morning due to a “police incident" at a Vietnamese restaurant.

The roads were opened not long after. Edmonton police are investigating the Fort Saskatchewan incident as it's related to an Edmonton incident.

shakalaka
12-30-2014, 03:13 PM
9 dead...

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/edmonton/Police+confirm+suspicious+death+investigation+north+Edmonton/10690195/story.html

dj_rice
12-30-2014, 03:32 PM
Wonder if the Cartel drug bust a little while ago have anything to do with this?Cause I dont see Nammers doing 9 people in... but who knows?

Canucks3322
12-30-2014, 04:39 PM
You see a viet name mentioned and you assume it's drug and gang related? ??

ExtraSlow
12-30-2014, 04:47 PM
VN Express, Vietnamese and Chinese food.

I know I have a hard time choosing between Sate and Szechuan, I guess the argument got out of hand?

adamc
12-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Sate all day every day, is that really a choice?

adamc
12-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Now I'm hungry.

JRSC00LUDE
12-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322

Other news mentioned the Police knew the address from previous drug related charges I believe. Relax Sharp ton.

dj_rice
12-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Looks like murder suicide

"The Edmonton Police Service continues to investigate two homicide scenes involving multiple deaths.

Southwest Division members responded to a weapon’s complaint around 6:52 p.m., Monday, Dec. 29, 2014, near Haswell Court and 16 Avenue. Upon arrival, members discovered a deceased middle-aged female.

Later Monday evening, North Division patrol officers responded to a suspicious circumstances call at an address near 83 Street and 180 Avenue at approximately 8:30 p.m., returning to the same address at approximately midnight, following a secondary check-on-welfare call involving a suicidal male.

At that time, officers were unable to locate the suicidal male in question, but upon entry, discovered the bodies of seven deceased individuals; three adult females, two adult males and two children, one female and one male.

Homicide detectives, with the assistance of Ft. Saskatchewan RCMP, subsequently located a deceased male at a restaurant in that city, located approximately 40 kms northeast of Edmonton, who matched the description of the suicidal male allegedly associated with the second homicide scene at 83 Street and 180 Avenue.

The identities of the deceased are not being released at this time, until cause of deaths can be determined, identities can be confirmed and next of kin can be notified.

Further details will be released to media when they become available.

D'z Nutz
12-30-2014, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
At that time, officers were unable to locate the suicidal male in question, but upon entry, discovered the bodies of seven deceased individuals; three adult females, two adult males and two children, one female and one male.

Jeez :(

dj_rice
12-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Jeez :(

Yeah majorly messed up. If only they had found him......

My buddy mentioned that he was listening to the police scanner last night and heard about this incident but didn't think anything of it and didn't put two and two together till just now when he read the news.

rob the knob
12-30-2014, 09:44 PM
RIP.
sorry sorry story.
.yes., the vietnamese i know carry knives not guns
Originally posted by Canucks3322

dj_rice
12-30-2014, 10:55 PM
So from 780Tuners thread, it appears the guy suspected his wife/gf or ex-wife may have been cheating on him and went ape.

The News has updated the story a bit
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/edmonton-mass-murder-6-adults-2-children-dead-1.2886384

More speculation in here on theories
http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?162044-9-deaths-overnight

Canucks3322
12-30-2014, 11:15 PM
My apologies DJ Rice..