PDA

View Full Version : Making Irish Cream

Thales of Miletus
12-30-2014, 06:59 PM
I was wanting to try to make some Baileys.

Here is the recipe. However I don't want to use raw eggs. Any suggestions for a substitute?

1 cup Irish whiskey
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup whipping cream, light cream, or half and half
3 to 4 small eggs,
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract

big A
12-30-2014, 09:35 PM
this is from top secret recipes

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/Baileys-Original-Irish-Cream-Copycat-Recipe.html

AndyL
12-30-2014, 10:04 PM
ratios way off... it seems like it should be 750ml of whiskey - or its sure as fuck not irish :) Maybe welsh? lol

What I was drinking at xmas was whole milk (as in - straight from the cow, not even pasturized) condensed milk and whiskey. And it was damn good stuff.

Thales of Miletus
12-31-2014, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by AndyL
ratios way off... it seems like it should be 750ml of whiskey - or its sure as fuck not irish :) Maybe welsh? lol

What I was drinking at xmas was whole milk (as in - straight from the cow, not even pasturized) condensed milk and whiskey. And it was damn good stuff.

Once I made the Baileys I wanted to share it with teetotaler, not get the crib club gooned by the end of the first hand.

Dave P
12-31-2014, 08:57 AM
Tried Both of these, both come out pretty good:

Irish Cream
1 cup International Delights Coffee Irish Cream Coffee Whitener
12 oz can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed milk
1 and 2/3 cup Neutral spirits
1 tsp Instant coffee
2 Tbsp Hershey's chocolate syrup
1 and 1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Almond extract
Combine all the ingredients in a blender set on high speed for 30 seconds. Bottle in a tightly sealed container and refrigerate. The liqueur will keep for at least 2 months if kept cool. Be sure to shake the bottle well before serving. Makes 4 cups

Irish Cream
1/2 cups evaporated milk ( 1 12 ounce can)
1 cup Irish whiskey
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon Hershey's chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher and mix well or shake until sugar is dissolved. Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container. Shake before serving.