PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know a bit about plumbing?

Lex350
01-05-2015, 05:52 PM
So my friend is having some issues at her rental with plumbing. I'm not really versed on the subject so I thought I would post here:

"So the kitchen dishwasher was ran and all the water rushed out to the connecting sink to the salon. This sink is on the opposite wall of the kitchen . Anything that goes down the kitchen sink Also rushes out the the other sink. Dishwasher didn't flush out after ran and completed. Hot water has been out down the sink to try to break of any possible clogging of freezing. This clogging has been going on for a full day.
Space heaters have been running on the piping that runs vertically from the kitchen to the basement. This has apparently happened prior to moving into this rental. I have now dealt with this problem twice in under two month's."

The landlord says its a frozen pipe issue. That doesn't sound right to me. It sounds more like a plumbing stack venting problem.
Any thought?

C_Dave45
01-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Sounds like freezing alright. She's renting? Tell landlord to fix it ASAP. "It's flooding the whole house as we speak...HALP!!!!"