PDA

View Full Version : 2015 World Junior Championships!!!

D'z Nutz
01-05-2015, 09:34 PM
GOLD BABY!!!!

max_boost
01-05-2015, 09:54 PM
:thumbsup:

Good game. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It's nice to cheer for a winner. Sorry Russians and those who aren't Russian and cheering for them. :nut:

Kobe
01-05-2015, 10:06 PM
sick game...

poutine sales going to be huge now :D

eblend
01-05-2015, 10:41 PM
Glad the Russians made the game interesting, I didn't bother watching any of the other Canada games as it's always so one sided. It's a lot more interesting to watch a game and dedicate your 3 hours to it when you know that at least it will be close and a challenge.

BerserkerCatSplat
01-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Fawk me what a clencher of a game that was!

Best part:

http://giant.gfycat.com/AltruisticEnragedHomalocephale.gif

D'z Nutz
01-05-2015, 11:48 PM
He really got launched there hahaha

BerserkerCatSplat
01-05-2015, 11:52 PM
Yeah, Virtanen saw the hit coming a mile away and just smoked him, haha. Denied!

klumsy_tumbler
01-06-2015, 12:58 PM
The little cheap shots and facewashes from the Russians after the whistle were annoying, I have to say. Also, their third goal was pretty dirty.

I have to say though, at least they gave us a run for our money. Canada was playing like crap for the last half of the game.

flipstah
01-06-2015, 01:09 PM
That game was ridiculous haha.

2 goals that quick and Canada got cocky in the second period. They tried to score more instead of running the clock on second and play safe.

Almost paid the price IMO. That game was unnecessary close because they took the Russians lightly.

lasimmon
01-06-2015, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by klumsy_tumbler
The little cheap shots and facewashes from the Russians after the whistle were annoying, I have to say. Also, their third goal was pretty dirty.

I have to say though, at least they gave us a run for our money. Canada was playing like crap for the last half of the game.

Canada was playing like that all Tournament and took penalties against the USA for after the whistle stuff.

Was a very exciting game. To be honest I was kind of happy the Russians came back. I hate blow outs. Probably why I rarely watch any world junior hockey - just not enough exciting games.

Aleks
01-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by lasimmon

I rarely watch any world junior hockey - just not enough exciting games.

None of the 4 major sports are super exciting to watch on international tournaments level due to lack of competitiveness with maybe basketball being somewhat of an exception. Even then USA usually dominates if they send the best team.

C_Dave45
01-06-2015, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
That game was ridiculous haha.

2 goals that quick and Canada got cocky in the second period. They tried to score more instead of running the clock on second and play safe.

Almost paid the price IMO. That game was unnecessary close because they took the Russians lightly.

Yes, cuz trying to hold the (second) best major junior team in the world to a 2 goal deficit and not try to score is good hockey strategy. :facepalm:

You just keep that armchair nice and warm.

flipstah
01-06-2015, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

Yes, cuz trying to hold the (second) best major junior team in the world to a 2 goal deficit and not try to score is good hockey strategy. :facepalm:

You just keep that armchair nice and warm.

It's quite toasty to say the least. :)