PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 160-170mm Men's Downhill Skis

Joe-G
01-06-2015, 12:58 AM
Never tried skiing before, but i would like to give it a go these season instead of hopping back onto the snowboard. Don't really know too much, but I figured I could probably pick up a decent set for the same cost as renting...

Wouldnt be too bad if they came with bindings. If it matters, IIRC my boot size typically ranges from 26-27? (8-9 men's US)

Thanks

woodywoodford
01-09-2015, 09:33 AM
I'm gonna get in on this thread too - also looking for good beginner skis, nothing pricey, but to not hijack OP I need bindings for boots size 28.5 (11-12ish). If the bindings are those fancy adjustable ones, OP gets first dibs

SkiBum5.0
01-10-2015, 09:21 PM
I have a set of K2 Apache 174's. They are 4 years old but only used for the first two seasons.
These would a "carving",parabolic ski good for the groomers and off-piste in stuff other than powder.
$90 with bindings.

Let me know

bcylau
01-15-2015, 08:39 PM
I was in the same boat this season trying to buy beginner skis. I ended up going to level9 sports to get everything for $400 all in with skis, boots, bindings, poles, helmets and googles.

BBursey
01-16-2015, 07:23 AM
Hi -

I'm late to the party, but I have a pair of Rossignol Radical R11 Mutix skis in 165cm with the adjustable bindings. They were a top-end ski a few years ago and didn't see much time on snow - I was getting new skis every year back in the day.

http://www.rasc.ru/gear/skis/images/2008/rossignol/radicalr11mutix-0.jpeg

$100 would take them away.

Cheers,
Bryan

PS> I also have a pair of ski boots that I got from the rep but just plain didn't fit. They might have a day or two of me sliding around in them, but the liners wouldn't even be packed out. They'd fit a size 9-10; I'll get details and post them here shortly.