PDA

View Full Version : Getting my dog Snipped??!?!

Ek9Max
03-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Ok here's the thing I got a bichon shih tsu a couple days ago. nine months old. awesome dog so far.

He's pretty docile as it is.... shoudl I get him snipped?

I don't really want him more tame, cause then he would be no fun.....

I know it's the responsible thing to do, but damn, I dont' want a borign dog.....

Somebody told me that snipping could also make him more active.... is this true?

any insight appreciated.

JordanLotoski
03-08-2004, 12:14 AM
i just had my 7 month old bichon shitzu done......yeah gotta do it man..or hes gonna piss all over marking territory......

Ek9Max
03-08-2004, 12:19 AM
yea he started doing that. not in teh house yet but everywhere else.... Did he get all boring? or is he still playful?

where do I get it done? price range?

Just preparing myself.

JordanLotoski
03-08-2004, 12:20 AM
i got it done in mckenzie town....think it was like 160......hes still playful as hell.....always messing around...but alot better..least he listens now

Ek9Max
03-08-2004, 12:22 AM
oh ok. so he'll be ok then.... and listen. I guess I'll get it done then!

thanks jordan.

WBB6
03-08-2004, 08:06 AM
Good choice Max!

I got my Bichon Shih Tzu when he was only 8 weeks old..and he is not almost 5 months, and I am planning on getting him "snipped"...awesome/cute/playful dog...but mine is considered "small"...

This is what he looked like when I first got him...
http://www.cca.cc/nexus/doggy02.jpg

Dj_Stylz
03-08-2004, 08:37 AM
Wow that dog is so cute and so small

Ek9Max
03-08-2004, 11:14 AM
that is sooo cute!!!

Seanith
03-08-2004, 12:30 PM
damn thats cute.. oh and max you should get yourself snipped at the same time.. don't need more honda whores running around! ;) :D :nut:

jk

Gondi Stylez
03-08-2004, 12:38 PM
that is the cutest dog ever!!!!!!!! damn, now i want one!

Ek9Max
03-08-2004, 02:35 PM
honda whores????? what are you trying to say fuckface?

:D :D :D

Ajay
03-08-2004, 03:09 PM
That is such a cute dog! Where and how much did it cost for you to get your Bichon Shih Tzu's? I wanna get one this summer for my parents.

Ek9Max
03-08-2004, 03:23 PM
I got mine for $125. from some lady.

Seanith
03-08-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Ek9Max
honda whores????? what are you trying to say fuckface?

:D :D :D

I'm one too, so don't worry about it ;)

hockeybronx
03-08-2004, 04:28 PM
In my opinion you can totally determine a dogs temperment by the way you raise it.

People always complain that Rottweilders are so vicious, but I know a family that has two and they've raised them to be as friendly as my Golden Retriever.

Although Golden Retrievers are known to have a little rage inside of them when other dogs come near their owners, my dog has none at all because we snapped at her any time she'd growl.

You should probably snip your dog, but if you spend time with it and let it know that it's good to be "playful" as you put it then it will be.

Ek9Max
03-08-2004, 07:31 PM
is there anyway to determine how old my dog is? The people told me 9 months....but he acts older.... is there anyway sI can get a vet to tell or something?

Ek9Max
03-08-2004, 07:32 PM
And he seems full grown.

Ek9Max
03-08-2004, 07:33 PM
And don't look at me like I'm stupid.... I am stupid! when it comes to dogs.....

Seanith
03-08-2004, 09:22 PM
lol

BebeAphrodite
03-08-2004, 10:02 PM
is this vicki's max?

Seanith
03-08-2004, 11:30 PM
^ yes hes hers alright! :whipped: :whipped: :whipped: :whipped:

LOL :D

BebeAphrodite
03-09-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by WBB6

http://www.cca.cc/nexus/doggy02.jpg
this is such a sweet picture!!!! I love it!! :love: :love:

air_mikey
03-09-2004, 04:37 PM
we got my girlfriends dog snipped a couple weeks ago cuz he smelt the scent of my dog on my clothes so he started to hump my leg. hes still as hyper as before but then again hes a jack russel.

all the dogs that we have owned have either got spayed or snipped.

air_mikey
03-09-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by hockeybronx
In my opinion you can totally determine a dogs temperment by the way you raise it.

People always complain that Rottweilders are so vicious, but I know a family that has two and they've raised them to be as friendly as my Golden Retriever.

:werd: rotties are IMO the best dogs. had one before and all he was, was playful. even around smaller dogs he just wanted to play. probably going to end up getting another one.

MK3HKS
03-11-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Dj_Stylz
Wow that dog is so cute and so small

:werd: :love:

method
03-11-2004, 03:15 PM
my dog didnt get neutered until he was 12... he had a tumour growing so the chopped em out anyway... didnt change his behaviour at all.

if you never plan on breeding, might as well get it done anyway, friend's dogs have calmed down quite a bit after it.

rottweilers can be trained because they're intelligent dogs. nonetheless, dogs have predispositions, because of their breeding. no matter how many idiots defend pitbulls, they have a predisposition to aggression - particularly to other dogs. sight hounds (whippets, deerhounds, etc) have a 'flight risk' ie. they're likely to chase after something that they see bolting away or moving quickly.. like a cat or a rabbit or whatever. my dog takes to water like nothing, he was bred to retrieve and he does it automatically, whereas other dogs aren't fans of water at all. pointers point without needing training, rottweilers guard and alert without training, bloodhounds track without training... there's a huge level of predisposition in dogs, and it's far better to bring out their better traits than to try and supress their worse ones.