PDA

View Full Version : Lancer or Impreza

Pages : [1] 2

shakalaka
01-13-2015, 05:48 PM
So my car ADHD has been kicking in again and I've been contemplating switching my C63 and getting into something else. This time I am calling my boredom issue, "I need AWD to be safe in winter". Truthfully, the C63 is definitely a little iffy to drive in winter and it is obviously tail happy. I've had a couple of close call slip incidents in the past couple of days late at night when the roads are slippery. But, I can just drive extremely slow and surely I would be fine.

But I have been eyeing Audi S5's lately and have grown quite fond of them. Love the look and I have been looking at a 2014 model that here at a local dealership in Edmonton. However, every time I think about going down there to check it out I keep thinking that I am making a mistake.

I can't shake the feeling that I will be downgrading from the AMG and that I would be making a bad move. Just here looking for some opinions. I would love a RS5 however they are non-existent in the used market as far as I can tell and I don't like buying brand new cars.

So looking for some opinions and suggestions as to what you guys think and what you would do. Just to make it fun, I will make this into a poll. Basically, I am either looking for people to talk me into it or talk me out. An alternative would be to keep the C63 for another year or so and think about something AWD before next winter.

faiz999
01-13-2015, 05:53 PM
i think they're a bit over-priced for the performance and if the s4 is any indication of how it drives, it's probably going to be more boring than a c63.

id hold onto the c personally, as i love that v8 and the noises it makes but i totally see it being a bit difficult in the calgary winters.

now an RS5 on the other hand...

BavarianBeast
01-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Why not buy a second car that is somewhat inexpensive but still fun to drive? I know I'd hate driving my M3 in the snow/gravel/slush/retards so that is the route I went.

If I could pick between a C63 and an S5 to drive year round, it would be the S5 hands down. You live in Alberta, the conditions are typically shit, why not get into your car with absolute confidence every day? I look forward to driving every time it snows with mine. Also since the 2014 S4 is the 3.0 supercharged engine, it is very responsive to modifications and much more enjoyable than the 4.2L that the S5 used to house. A modified S5 3.0 will blow a stock C63 out of the water from a dig or roll too, I can PM a video of an B8 S4 giving the treatment if need be :).

shakalaka
01-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by faiz999
i think they're a bit over-priced for the performance and if the s4 is any indication of how it drives, it's probably going to be more boring than a c63.

id hold onto the c personally, as i love that v8 and the noises it makes but i totally see it being a bit difficult in the calgary winters.

now an RS5 on the other hand...

Yes, I certainly agree that the RS4 would be an easy choice. I wish the C63 was AWD and even the new one doesn't seem to be going down that route.

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
Why not buy a second car that is somewhat inexpensive but still fun to drive? I know I'd hate driving my M3 in the snow/gravel/slush/retards so that is the route I went.

If I could pick between a C63 and an S5 to drive year round, it would be the S5 hands down. You live in Alberta, the conditions are typically shit, why not get into your car with absolute confidence every day? I look forward to driving every time it snows with mine. Also since the 2014 S4 is the 3.0 supercharged engine, it is very responsive to modifications and much more enjoyable than the 4.2L that the S5 used to house. A modified S5 3.0 will blow a stock C63 out of the water from a dig or roll too, I can PM a video of an B8 S4 giving the treatment if need be :).

The biggest reason I don't get another car is the lack of parking space. If I was still living in Calgary it wouldn't be an issue but now I live in Edmonton and my apartment only comes with one spot. I will be getting married in August and that's already one car more than the space I have so it would make things quite difficult. And I do get your point about having a car that feels safe to drive at all times. That's what my fiancée says as well and if I didn't have either cars, I think it would be a relatively easy choice. But now that I've owned the AMG for a period, I feel as if I may have gotten spoiled. I'd love that video btw, I enjoy watching these so do feel free to PM or post.

Redlined_8000
01-13-2015, 06:21 PM
If you cant get another car, than I guess its time to switch. The C63 is far from ideal for winter driving in Calgary/Edmonton.

What about S4? S5 only comes in a coupe. The S4 has the same engine, AWD, and 4 doors.

schocker
01-13-2015, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by faiz999

It is the same price as a 335i or C400? :confused:

C63 would be more fun though and makes a much better noise. AWD is more practical though if you only have the one car.

Redlined_8000
01-13-2015, 06:29 PM
How about switching the C63 for a C450 AMG 4matic. That should suit your needs. Or a C400 4matic depending on budget.

max_boost
01-13-2015, 06:30 PM
Buy a second car and enjoy both!

shakalaka
01-13-2015, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000
If you cant get another car, than I guess its time to switch. The C63 is far from ideal for winter driving in Calgary/Edmonton.

What about S4? S5 only comes in a coupe. The S4 has the same engine, AWD, and 4 doors.

I actually would like the coupe version which is why the S5.

Originally posted by schocker

It is the same price as a 335i or C400? :confused:

C63 would be more fun though and makes a much better noise. AWD is more practical though if you only have the one car.

I guess if I really wanted I could drive the truck for winter but then I miss the C63. Last winter I drove the Escalade that we use as a towing vehicle for the boat and that gets parked in Calgary. I could leave the C63 and bring that up but then I miss driving the C63 within weeks. So basically I need a fun all time car essentially and with that in mind I invested in a new set of Bridgestone Blizzak's LM32's this time but even with those it's not exactly slip-proof.

ToXicXxX
01-13-2015, 06:51 PM
I don't find my C63 bad at all for winter. But I run studded nokians.

I had a B8.5 S4 prior, you will absolutely hate it in comparison.

benyl
01-13-2015, 06:56 PM
I don't understand all the complaints about the C63 in winter.

Xtrema
01-13-2015, 06:59 PM
Isn't the C63 a collectible being the last NA AMG engine? Or is there just too many of them that it doesn't matter?

That said, C63 is more fun than S5. Especially S5 without Sport-Diff (which is an option on the S4, not sure if it's the same on S5). But you do get more confidence on snow with AWD.

killramos
01-13-2015, 07:04 PM
S5 is definitely going to feel slow and soft compared to a c63.

How about a macan S? Or Turbo?

ToXicXxX
01-13-2015, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Isn't the C63 a collectible being the last NA AMG engine? Or is there just too many of them that it doesn't matter?

That said, C63 is more fun than S5. Especially S5 without Sport-Diff (which is an option on the S4, not sure if it's the same on S5). But you do get more confidence on snow with AWD.

The problem is there is a lot of "basic" ones out there. No packages, just a big engine in a basic C class. It's harder to find P30 or P31 cars.

HiTempguy1
01-13-2015, 07:46 PM
Why not a turbo porsche? Pricing is pretty reasonable for older awd ones, and they are a blast!

ToXicXxX
01-13-2015, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
Why not a turbo porsche? Pricing is pretty reasonable for older awd ones, and they are a blast!

They can cost a small fortune to keep on the road. We have a customer who has a low millage older Cayenne, running DP's, tuning and a few other toys. He has went through a transmission, blown several vac lines and had a few other issues.

dubhead
01-13-2015, 08:53 PM
I voted S5 but I'm probably a bit biased. It is a downgrade in the summer for sure but I love how much confidence I have in my S4 on snowy/icey roads. It's always sliding but always in a super controlled fun fashion.

Waiting for the warranty to run out before I add a tune and exhaust but there seems to be plenty of youtube videos showing that the S4/5 can be pretty beastly S4 vs RS4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KfMY96v_Gc)

But then there is always the sound of the NA C63 :drool:

Xtrema
01-13-2015, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by killramos

High center of gravity. I'll take Macan over Cayenne and SQ5 but not over S4/5.

killramos
01-13-2015, 09:22 PM

High center of gravity. I'll take Macan over Cayenne and SQ5 but not over S4/5.

Fair point. I just figured something really different would honwith his car add.

The macan s is a great small SUV. The s4/s5 is just not competitive as a car.

msommers
01-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by ToXicXxX

This is a very good point.

What winter tires are you running, Shak?

shakalaka
01-13-2015, 10:08 PM

I had a B8.5 S4 prior, you will absolutely hate it in comparison.

I assume the S5 would be quite similar to the S4 in that regard I guess. Thanks for sharing your experience with both.

Originally posted by benyl
I don't understand all the complaints about the C63 in winter.

I am not quite complaining and to be honest as my original add states, it's more of the getting bored with it issue and I am using the AWD as an excuse. But I did have a couple of close calls driving in the city in the last couple of days with curbs mostly. But I drive slowly and extremely carefully then it's fine.

That's just the thing. I don't mind driving the C63 in winter if I am driving within the city. When it's fresh snow it's not an issue at all. It's usually the icy roads late at night when the temperatures have dropped. Plus, I visit Calgary at least once a month and with the C63 I have to think twice before setting out. I will be frequenting more often now since I will be doing some wedding planning and that is only going to be scarier to deal with. I got caught in snowstorm once last year going to Calgary from Sylvan Lake and I literally drove at 80KM/H the whole way. Any faster the back end started sliding.

I am not a bit SUV guy to be honest and if I had to I would be either go with the G63AMG or the RR Sport Autobiography. That is actually an option, I can keep my car for two-three years and buy the 2015 RR Sport Autobiography from my dad as his lease will be up. But then again..waiting that long. lol

The problem is there is a lot of "basic" ones out there. No packages, just a big engine in a basic C class. It's harder to find P30 or P31 cars.

Yup, mine does have the P31 but that also means more expensive service/repairs.

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

That is actually one of the things I am considering but I am worried about buying one out of warranty. In fact, I am looking at a 2009 Carrera 4S at Calgary Porsche, they want around $78K for it. I don't even mind it's the 4S and not Turbo but I worry it might be too low for really wintry days even if it's AWD. Plus, spending that sort of coin for a car that old which is out of warranty makes little sense to me.

They can cost a small fortune to keep on the road. We have a customer who has a low millage older Cayenne, running DP's, tuning and a few other toys. He has went through a transmission, blown several vac lines and had a few other issues.

That's exactly my concern about going with an out of warranty car.

Fair point. I just figured something really different would honwith his car add.

The macan s is a great small SUV. The s4/s5 is just not competitive as a car.

I do like the Macan but I am sure if I got bored of the AMG so fast, I'd bored of it even faster lol.

Originally posted by msommers

This is a very good point.

What winter tires are you running, Shak?

I got a brand new set of Bridgestone Blizzak's LM32's for this season. They are great tires in fresh snow and what not but it's the icy roads that are scary with the back end more than happy to slide out all the time. Although, I guess even AWD cars would have problems getting traction on complete ice?

shakalaka
01-13-2015, 10:09 PM
Oh and I do not know too much about Cadillac's other than our Escalade but since I have an add up for my car on Kijiji to check interest, I got a trade offer for this CTS-V.

What do you guys think?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2011-cadillac-cts-v-very-rare-black-diamond-edition-trade-cons/1032729441?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

It most certainly doesn't solve my RWD/AWD issue. lol

Another option I am contemplating is to keep this at least for a few more years and when it's closer to the end of its warranty it'll be easier to sell as it'll be cheaper and then upgrade to a E63AMG S 4MATIC. I do love AMG and the exclusivity it brings including the Private Lounge so that wouldn't be a bad thing. Plus the E63's should be more available in the used market by then since they just came out. Just running a few ideas in my head I guess. I don't want to have to feel as if I downgraded instead of upgrading, that is also a consideration.

msommers
01-13-2015, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't go from a C63 AMG to a CTS-V.

And once you go studded you never go back :D Told my buddy the same thing and now he has Hakk 8's on his Subaru - the thing is invincible.

ToXicXxX
01-13-2015, 10:28 PM
P31 brakes are indeed a nightmare. They can be had for cheaper if you know where too look, or you can move to aftermarket rotors.

Too add to that Cayenne story, it was a pain in the butt to come back to it the next day and see it had wet the bed some various colour.

Definitely consider Hakka studded tires, they are the best thing ever made. I can pass AWD's with ease and confidence in my 63 on them. Only reason I didn't get 8's is because I couldn't get them in my stagger.

A2VR6
01-14-2015, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by shakalaka

That is actually one of the things I am considering but I am worried about buying one out of warranty. In fact, I am looking at a 2009 Carrera 4S at Calgary Porsche, they want around $78K for it. I don't even mind it's the 4S and not Turbo but I worry it might be too low for really wintry days even if it's AWD. Plus, spending that sort of coin for a car that old which is out of warranty makes little sense to me.

Try looking around for a CPO one. They CPO Porsches from 2007 onwards and they have an extra 2 years for warranty.

shakalaka
01-14-2015, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I did find a 2008 one that was CPO and everything but they have the facelift LED 2009 onwards so that's why I was leaning towards that and up.

nismodrifter
01-14-2015, 01:17 AM
Roads in Edmonton have been total shit these past few weeks. I have winters (inb4 :winter: ) and on my daily commute (downtown to extreme south end of the city) I know exactly which corners will be slippery as hell. Scary part is that even with quality winters on I end up sliding. Watching the Initial D type action occur at those instances is scary, have seen multiple people smash into the curb or end up in the snow drift even though they were driving in a responsible manner.

S5 boring.
C63 fun.
997 turbo.......win.

Thats my 2 cents.

max_boost
01-14-2015, 02:53 AM
$78k you might as well buy a turbo

blownz
01-14-2015, 09:30 AM
I say try to wait a year and hopefully the new S5, new C63, and C450 AMG are all out and then decide.

And I have studded Nokian's on a RWD F10 and while sometimes I wish I had AWD to get moving faster, it really isn't that bad. And there really is only a handful of really bad days on the road. The rest of the time you are fine in any car.

Don't make a decision you will regret.

blownz
01-14-2015, 09:36 AM
And regarding all the people bragging about how good studded Hakka's are, IMO, while they are good, they are not much better than regular Hakka's or X-Ice tires as I have had all 3. They really don't make it just like driving on dry pavement which I see many people say all the time. And they definitely don't make a RWD car better or even as good as AWD in terms of acceleration. Cornering and braking for sure as AWD doesn't help much there.

I just had an X1 with all seasons for a few days while my car was in for an oil change and brakes and while it was scary around corners and stopping in the freezing rain we had yesterday, it could easily out accelerate my car on any winter road condition.

shakalaka
01-14-2015, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
$78k you might as well buy a turbo

The only Turbo's around that price range I am seeing are quite old. I am not sure I want to go with a car that's 10 or so years older. The repair issues/warranty concerns come into play. Unless I am able to luck out on a reasonably priced AWD Porsche that is a CPO (so it carries at least 2 years warranty) I think I will have to wait a while until I can consider a newer Porsche. I am not a huge fan of them though, so I am not even sure if I truly want one. Just think it would certainly be a cool year round car with AWD but on really snowy days I am sure it would get stuck being so low as well?

B16EJ8
01-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000

S5 Is actually a coupe with a v8.

S4 is a sedan with a supercharged V6
both AWD as well
I have the S4 and love it.

BavarianBeast
01-14-2015, 10:02 AM
Next snowfall go to the audi dealership and take an S5 out, turn ESP off and tell us what you think. No it wont have the raw power of the C63 off the bat, but I think you will find the power a lot more usable.

I forgot to add another bonus of the S5 is that you can purchase it in manual you and ditch that autobox.

I couldn't upload the video I wanted but it just shows a FBO 2012 S4 pull about 2-3 cars on a stock 09 C63 from 40-200ish.

BavarianBeast
01-14-2015, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by B16EJ8

S5 Is actually a coupe with a v8.

S4 is a sedan with a supercharged V6
both AWD as well
I have the S4 and love it.

S5 ditched the V8 in 2013.

riander5
01-14-2015, 10:07 AM
Get the s5 w/ SCv6 and do some APR flashing at that thing will be fun. Maybe not quite as fast as a straight line C63, but would be close, and a year round car too.

Ever watch the videos of the SC S4 vs the old RS4's ?? (it was an s4)

Makes a good case for audi's V6T (not sure why they put that on the side of them)

BavarianBeast
01-14-2015, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by riander5
Get the s5 w/ SCv6 and do some APR flashing at that thing will be fun. Maybe not quite as fast as a straight line C63, but would be close, and a year round car too.

Makes a good case for audi's V6T (not sure why they put that on the side of them)

The V6 3.0 S/C is an amazing engine IMO. If I could downsize to one car I would sell my S/C m3 and B5 S4 and get a B8 S4 and be very happy with it. I heard somewhere that the german word for supercharger started with a T, but I can't confirm that.

flipstah
01-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Personally, I'd keep the C63 and buy a winter beater. You're going to be so bored driving AWD all the time from RWD.

ToXicXxX
01-14-2015, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by riander5

He wants to keep his warranty, and not be assigned TD1. This is why I sold my B8.5, every time I brought it to the dealer I would have had to remove all mods, flash to stock and still run the risk of getting noticed. Screw that.

Cody D
01-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Before I bought my C63 I really wanted to get an S5, I knew a guy at a dealership that was selling one so we went on a long test drive and by the end I knew I could not buy one, I disliked everything but the looks, it is definitely a better looking car but the interior wasn't as nice, the performance was almost laughable.

As for the 911's, they are reliable cars, I've daily driven three in winter and have loved them for it. Like someone else said though if I were to spend $80k I would buy an older 997 turbo, the engines are near bullet proof. Don't take the Cayenne's poor reliability as a sign of the 911's build quality, I swear they are outsourced or something.

npham
01-14-2015, 11:00 AM
If you are in Calgary for the weekend, we can swap cars for the day or something.

C63 is going to be more fun. That's just a fact. But the S5 does a lot of other things really well, like being a better year round car. Even though it's rear biased(40/60), I've never been stuck or remotely concerned with getting stuck in this car. I'll park in a side road snow bank and be more concerned about getting snow in my shoes than getting stuck. It's plenty of fun when you want it to be and civilized when you need it to be. For me, I also preferred the looks of the Audi to the Merc(2011-12ish), as well as the interior is much better. Yes its not as quick, but being supercharged makes up for a lot at our elevation. Oh, rowing gears is something I wanted to go back to as well, so there weren't a lot of options.

Xtrema
01-14-2015, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by Cody D
Before I bought my C63 I really wanted to get an S5, I knew a guy at a dealership that was selling one so we went on a long test drive and by the end I knew I could not buy one, I disliked everything but the looks, it is definitely a better looking car but the interior wasn't as nice, the performance was almost laughable.

Merc interior is worst than Audi interior? Given that B8 interior is dated by this point, it's way better than any Merc C class interior before Merc changed it in 2012 mmc. Then I would call it barely a draw.

But the 2015 C class has amazing interior. Given Audi has been degrading interior with every new gen of products, I expect B9 will actually be worse and on the level of most BMWs.

94boosted
01-14-2015, 11:19 AM
I voted to keep the C63. Get some good studded tires for it and enjoy until you find a car you absolutely love.

sh0ko
01-14-2015, 11:20 AM
P31 brakes are indeed a nightmare. They can be had for cheaper if you know where too look, or you can move to aftermarket rotors.

Too add to that Cayenne story, it was a pain in the butt to come back to it the next day and see it had wet the bed some various colour.

Definitely consider Hakka studded tires, they are the best thing ever made. I can pass AWD's with ease and confidence in my 63 on them. Only reason I didn't get 8's is because I couldn't get them in my stagger.

hey sorry to slightly derail this thread... but Toxicxx how do you find the staggered winter setup. i went with 235/40/18 all around on a set of bbs and hakka 8s. have had no issue but its def a bit more tail happy

shakalaka
01-14-2015, 12:38 PM

He wants to keep his warranty, and not be assigned TD1. This is why I sold my B8.5, every time I brought it to the dealer I would have had to remove all mods, flash to stock and still run the risk of getting noticed. Screw that.

That's exactly it, if I am buying a newer car the I definitely want the warranty and keep it. That's the main reason why I am not completely sold on an older Porsche and can't exactly get a new one over which is over 100K at the moment.

Originally posted by npham
If you are in Calgary for the weekend, we can swap cars for the day or something.

C63 is going to be more fun. That's just a fact. But the S5 does a lot of other things really well, like being a better year round car. Even though it's rear biased(40/60), I've never been stuck or remotely concerned with getting stuck in this car. I'll park in a side road snow bank and be more concerned about getting snow in my shoes than getting stuck. It's plenty of fun when you want it to be and civilized when you need it to be. For me, I also preferred the looks of the Audi to the Merc(2011-12ish), as well as the interior is much better. Yes its not as quick, but being supercharged makes up for a lot at our elevation. Oh, rowing gears is something I wanted to go back to as well, so there weren't a lot of options.

That actually might not be a bad idea as long as you're comfortable driving it depending on the road conditions etc. I plan to be in Calgary next weekend but not sure if I will be bringing the C63 but will keep you updated.

E46..sTyLez
01-14-2015, 12:56 PM
I love Audi's. I think their interior is second to none, they are solid cars with excellent quality throughout. My only qualm with picking one up, is the lack of bang for buck performance. C63 all the way.

My old man on the other hand, would get the S4/5, because it is the more practical and arguably smarter choice lol. Basically, IMO it depends on how much HP matters to you.

Comparing the 2, without including HP, I think the Audi is a better car. Just a personal opinion. I still would, and will, get the C63 haha. No brainer...that is my next car.

Selling?? :rofl:

max_boost
01-14-2015, 12:59 PM

The only Turbo's around that price range I am seeing are quite old. I am not sure I want to go with a car that's 10 or so years older. The repair issues/warranty concerns come into play. Unless I am able to luck out on a reasonably priced AWD Porsche that is a CPO (so it carries at least 2 years warranty) I think I will have to wait a while until I can consider a newer Porsche. I am not a huge fan of them though, so I am not even sure if I truly want one. Just think it would certainly be a cool year round car with AWD but on really snowy days I am sure it would get stuck being so low as well?

Three years driving mine and haven't been stuck yet but I also don't drive on heavy snow fall days since I have a couple other options. Otherwise with the Pirelli Sottozero's the vehicle is quite capable.

I haven't done any repairs yet other than the scheduled maintenance at Porsche and I hope it stays that way.

If you are only going to have one vehicle I would look towards an SUV. :dunno:

bjstare
01-14-2015, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by E46..sTyLez
I love Audi's. I think their interior is second to none, they are solid cars with excellent quality throughout. My only qualm with picking one up, is the lack of bang for buck performance. C63 all the way.

My old man on the other hand, would get the S4/5, because it is the more practical and arguably smarter choice lol. Basically, IMO it depends on how much HP matters to you.

Comparing the 2, without including HP, I think the Audi is a better car. Just a personal opinion. I still would, and will, get the C63 haha. No brainer...that is my next car.

Selling?? :rofl:

It's already listed on kijiji, I found it before this thread was up haha

His car is exactly what I'm looking for, just don't know if i'm ready to buy yet... price of oil and all ;)

shakalaka
01-14-2015, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Three years driving mine and haven't been stuck yet but I also don't drive on heavy snow fall days since I have a couple other options. Otherwise with the Pirelli Sottozero's the vehicle is quite capable.

I haven't done any repairs yet other than the scheduled maintenance at Porsche and I hope it stays that way.

If you are only going to have one vehicle I would look towards an SUV. :dunno:

Like I said worst case scenario I do have other vehicles at my exposure but it's difficult since I've now moved to Edmonton and it isn't exactly easy to take the other cars. In the future if I move back to Calgary, the problems would be solved. Don't want to end up getting a SUV and getting bored of it within months. If I get the SUV I'll wait a couple years until my dad is getting rid of his new RR Sport Autobiography and get that.

Btw, yes I did put up a feeler thread for my car to see what kind of interest I get. If I get what I am looking for I'll consider getting rid of it and thinking about something else. Will probably take the add down in a few days.

Ntense_SpecV
01-14-2015, 01:55 PM
All I'm going to say is that I love my S5. However I wasn't coming to it from a C63 (cough, Nissan Sentra). In that respect you'll find it boring and slow, especially in the summer time. However if you do want to do any sort of modifications you're pretty limited as Audi will TD1 things such as an intake or flash program and pulley setup.

E46..sTyLez
01-14-2015, 01:58 PM
What needs to happen is Audi needs to come out with a turbo S4/5 again. Problem solved :D

I noticed you mentioned earlier that an RS5 would be ideal, but you cannot find any FS. Have you tried talking to an Audi sales guy? My fathers close friend had to sell his M5 cause he needed AWD and the only car he could settle on was an RS5.
He couldn't find one on his own so he talked to an Audi sales guy and he found one for him, year old with 8500km. Private sale, but the seller of the RS5 promised the sales guy he would buy his replacement from him. He now happily owns that RS5.

If nothing else, give an Audi sales guy your contact info and tell him/her you want an RS5. Worth a try...especially if you are in no hurry.

Cheers

ToXicXxX
01-14-2015, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by sh0ko

hey sorry to slightly derail this thread... but Toxicxx how do you find the staggered winter setup. i went with 235/40/18 all around on a set of bbs and hakka 8s. have had no issue but its def a bit more tail happy

I find the rear stagger better for light snow, slush and ice, makes it much easier to hook. In deep snow it's not different then a skinny tire so far. I run hem a bit over inflated so they cut through the snow better too.

Bah mine is for sale too, we're flooding the market haha.

clem24
01-14-2015, 02:18 PM
Quite frankly if you're going for an S5, why not get the C450 AMG? 300HP/300TQ in the S5 vs. 362HP/382TQ in the C450. It's also meant to go head to head with the S4. The current B8s are getting long in the tooth and the interior of the new C class is just absolutely GORGEOUS compared to our low rent interiors in the W204. I'd consider the new C just for the interior alone. Not especially fond of the front styling (too busy IMO) but I love the rear end - has a hint of Bentley.

killramos
01-14-2015, 02:18 PM
What needs to happen is Audi needs to come out with a turbo S4/5 again. Problem solved :D

I noticed you mentioned earlier that an RS5 would be ideal, but you cannot find any FS. Have you tried talking to an Audi sales guy? My fathers close friend had to sell his M5 cause he needed AWD and the only car he could settle on was an RS5.
He couldn't find one on his own so he talked to an Audi sales guy and he found one for him, year old with 8500km. Private sale, but the seller of the RS5 promised the sales guy he would buy his replacement from him. He now happily owns that RS5.

If nothing else, give an Audi sales guy your contact info and tell him/her you want an RS5. Worth a try...especially if you are in no hurry.

Cheers

This or retain Kulu? They will probably even sell your C63 for you.

E46..sTyLez
01-14-2015, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by clem24
333HP/325TQ in the S5 vs. 362HP/382TQ in the C450.

Fixed

Ntense_SpecV
01-14-2015, 02:24 PM
What does a C450 AMG go for? I know my 2014 CPO S5 was <$70k all in.

killramos
01-14-2015, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV
What does a C450 AMG go for? I know my 2014 CPO S5 was &lt;$70k all in.

Considering it was just announced 2 days ago? Alot :rofl:

E46..sTyLez
01-14-2015, 02:30 PM
What does a C450 AMG go for? I know my 2014 CPO S5 was &lt;$70k all in.

Not sure about the C450 yet, but you can get over $70k with a fully loaded C400...so a fully optioned C450 will probably be over $80k

Xtrema
01-14-2015, 02:39 PM

Fixed

The S4 number is underrated, but even if the C450 isn't, it still got a bit more than S4.

clem24
01-14-2015, 02:57 PM
And having sat in the new E class, I am not too sure about it - it feels like a big, old man's car. It's weird because I've sat and driven the prior gen BMW 745Li and even though it's a fucking huge car, it doesn't feel like it, whereas the E just feels bigger than it is. I am sure it's something I can get used to.

Another suggestion.. If you're looking for (not) affordable year round performance, how about a GT-R?

shakalaka
01-14-2015, 03:18 PM
All I'm going to say is that I love my S5. However I wasn't coming to it from a C63 (cough, Nissan Sentra). In that respect you'll find it boring and slow, especially in the summer time. However if you do want to do any sort of modifications you're pretty limited as Audi will TD1 things such as an intake or flash program and pulley setup.

While I enjoy modding cars as with my C63 I would be too scared to mess with the engine and risk voiding the warranty.

Cheers

Thanks for the suggestion. Certainly worth the try and I'll look into it. I keep a look out in marketplace and if one comes along that works for then I'll certainly think about it seriously. Although they are quite pricey at the moment considering they are fairly new.

I find the rear stagger better for light snow, slush and ice, makes it much easier to hook. In deep snow it's not different then a skinny tire so far. I run hem a bit over inflated so they cut through the snow better too.

Bah mine is for sale too, we're flooding the market haha.

Haha, yours has way more mods than mine, think they appeal to different market.

Quite frankly if you're going for an S5, why not get the C450 AMG? 300HP/300TQ in the S5 vs. 362HP/382TQ in the C450. It's also meant to go head to head with the S4. The current B8s are getting long in the tooth and the interior of the new C class is just absolutely GORGEOUS compared to our low rent interiors in the W204. I'd consider the new C just for the interior alone. Not especially fond of the front styling (too busy IMO) but I love the rear end - has a hint of Bentley.

That would most certainly feel like a downgrade going from an AMG to a 'fake' AMG lol. Plus they'd be way more money than what I would like to spend on one since so new.

This or retain Kulu? They will probably even sell your C63 for you.

Will look into it thanks.

And having sat in the new E class, I am not too sure about it - it feels like a big, old man's car. It's weird because I've sat and driven the prior gen BMW 745Li and even though it's a fucking huge car, it doesn't feel like it, whereas the E just feels bigger than it is. I am sure it's something I can get used to.

Another suggestion.. If you're looking for (not) affordable year round performance, how about a GT-R?

Wouldn't mind a GTR for sure but two things. One it's a Nissan, doesn't really has the exclusivity attached to it plus I can't really find one within the money that I am willing to spend that still has warranty.

clem24
01-14-2015, 03:55 PM
That would most certainly feel like a downgrade going from an AMG to a 'fake' AMG lol. Plus they'd be way more money than what I would like to spend on one since so new.

Wouldn't mind a GTR for sure but two things. One it's a Nissan, doesn't really has the exclusivity attached to it plus I can't really find one within the money that I am willing to spend that still has warranty.

I am pretty sure a.) the GTR is quite an exclusive car and that b.) there are FAR FEWER GTRs in AB than there are Beyond Civics so your thinking is a bit backwards LOL. I see at least 2-3 C63s a day and that's in the winter LOL. On the summer it's more like 1 in 5 C classes is a C63 haha. The white winter driven GTR I don't even see anymore.

As for the C450, disagree as well - fine it's a slight downgrade in badge BUT don't forget it's a turbo so HP diff between that and the C63 at our altitude is low, PLUS it can put it's power down on the line better than the C63. And finally, go to Merc and SIT INSIDE the new C and you'll instantly change your mind and your mind will think upgrade. It's beautiful inside and I wonder why it took like 20 years for them to figure out that matte wood looks fucking awesome.

Also I only say C450 because you mentioned S5 and I personally think the C is better.

I dunno man you seem to have some kind of image issues LOL. I really don't care what I drive as long as I love it. If anything I actually don't even like telling people I drive a Mercedes. :nut:

shakalaka
01-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Perhaps I somewhat do but my main issue with the GTR is that I wouldn't like to have one out of warranty and the ones that are in warranty are still quite expensive. And well C450, I don't know perhaps seeing it in person might change things. But I want to upgrade in every way I guess so that might mean having to wait a little before the other nicer options become more readily available and easily accessible.

clem24
01-14-2015, 05:36 PM
Perhaps I somewhat do but my main issue with the GTR is that I wouldn't like to have one out of warranty and the ones that are in warranty are still quite expensive. And well C450, I don't know perhaps seeing it in person might change things. But I want to upgrade in every way I guess so that might mean having to wait a little before the other nicer options become more readily available and easily accessible.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/st-albert/2011-nissan-gt-r-premium/1042191887?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

$68k, 2011, powertrain warranty in effect until 2016 depending on delivery.

I dunno man, the S5 is NOT an upgrade from a C63 hahaha.

killramos
01-14-2015, 05:55 PM
If you want an upgrade on every way and can live with the size have you considered an E63 or e63 s?
Awd. Better than C? Still not THAT big.

A2VR6
01-14-2015, 06:26 PM

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/st-albert/2011-nissan-gt-r-premium/1042191887?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Is that a actual 2011? Thought 2011 had the facelift with the LEDs in the bumper.

georgemagana
01-14-2015, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6

Is that a actual 2011? Thought 2011 had the facelift with the LEDs in the bumper.

Facelift, power bump etc etc was on 2012 for North America and 2011 globally.

OP ill sell you mine with 25k kms lol

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-14-2015, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by georgemagana

Bored already George?

shakalaka
01-14-2015, 11:33 PM

I do agree with you on that. S5 is definitely not an upgrade from the C63. I would not be this confused if I thought it was. That being said, the snow melted from the roads a bit here today and gave it a little and man that exhaust note reminded me why I wanted one so bad and why I got it in the first place. If I ever switch it, I better make sure I absolutely love the next one or I will just miss it too much.

If you want an upgrade on every way and can live with the size have you considered an E63 or e63 s?
Awd. Better than C? Still not THAT big.

Just feel that's a little too big for my taste right now. Weber Motors here has a 2011 E63 with very low km's and it's not priced that bad. Have contemplated going in and running some numbers for it, but just feel that I'd be losing the agility and sportiness of the C. Although that car would be pretty awesome too. Perhaps when I am little older, the longer and bigger E63 will appeal to me a bit more.

Originally posted by georgemagana

Lol what are you selling?

J.M.
01-15-2015, 02:17 AM
^^ He's offering up his GTR

killramos
01-15-2015, 07:50 AM

Just feel that's a little too big for my taste right now. Weber Motors here has a 2011 E63 with very low km's and it's not priced that bad. Have contemplated going in and running some numbers for it, but just feel that I'd be losing the agility and sportiness of the C. Although that car would be pretty awesome too. Perhaps when I am little older, the longer and bigger E63 will appeal to me a bit more.

2011 isn't 4Matic which is kindof key in your search here right? You need a 2014 or newer but if the E isnt your style that's alright. Another option is the CLS550 ( i know its not an AMG but its faster that your C at this altitude), my inlaws have one and its a gas. Just as big as an E but you might not feel it because of the Coupe style.

The tough thing for you is you are pricing yourself out of categories, You either have to "downgrade" from the C63 in terms of performance or quality to get awd, or you need to be prepared to spend a bit more on your car to get what you want.

For example another car that might be nice for you is the 435i xdrive. But its definitely a downgrade from a C63. But a new R8 or 911 4 is to much.

:dunno:

Somethings gotta give. I think you can probably live with your C and thats what i voted.

Aleks
01-15-2015, 08:21 AM
Go for a Porsche, if you can afford.
If not quit buying/thinking of buying boring cars and go for the M3. That will cure your car ADD for at least 2 years. :poosie:

rage2
01-15-2015, 08:39 AM
2011 isn't 4Matic which is kindof key in your search here right? You need a 2014 or newer but if the E isnt your style that's alright. Another option is the CLS550 ( i know its not an AMG but its faster that your C at this altitude), my inlaws have one and its a gas. Just as big as an E but you might not feel it because of the Coupe style.
This is a good option IMO. If you're in town and want to try out the CLS550, you're more than welcome to take mine for a spin. In a straight line it's even with my C63 BS at Calgary elevation (BS is prob a little faster in Edmonton), and it handles better than a C400 4matic. Hell, last summer Mibz was able to keep up with the E63S in the corners in my CLS550.

I love it in the winter. It's just awesome. Doesn't have the show off drift king fun factor of the 911, but it will just slide enough with TC on for you to feel like you're rocketing through whatever the weather throws at you.

The S5 is just a tad too slow in the summers as a replacement. It's a great winter car though, and a great cruiser in the summer. Just not my definition of fun. But, if you do end up with an S5, make sure you get the sport diff. That at least makes it tolerable.

killramos
01-15-2015, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by rage2

This is a good option IMO. If you're in town and want to try out the CLS550, you're more than welcome to take mine for a spin. In a straight line it's even with my C63 BS at Calgary elevation (BS is prob a little faster in Edmonton), and it handles better than a C400 4matic. Hell, last summer Mibz was able to keep up with the E63S in the corners in my CLS550.

I love it in the winter. It's just awesome. Doesn't have the show off drift king fun factor of the 911, but it will just slide enough with TC on for you to feel like you're rocketing through whatever the weather throws at you.

The S5 is just a tad too slow in the summers as a replacement. It's a great winter car though, and a great cruiser in the summer. Just not my definition of fun. But, if you do end up with an S5, make sure you get the sport diff. That at least makes it tolerable.

From the man himself!

The S4/5 is a really nice car but ultimately not competitive in its class has hasnt been in a while. I cross shopped it when i was looking last spring.

My 2 will smoke any stock S4/5 in any competition, track, straight line you name it (except maybe an ice/gravel course obviously). And its not even that fast. Against the V8's in our altitude it isn't even fair haha.

turbotrip
01-15-2015, 09:23 AM
I did the same comparison a few years ago and chose the S5. Its nowhere near as fast as the AMG but wins in every other way IMO. I couldn't find the perfect 911turbo at the time, or else that was actually the best halfway point.

benyl
01-15-2015, 09:49 AM
The issue with the E class as compared to C is not size, it is weight. The 2014+ makes that irrelevant though. 577hp is fun no matter how much you have to slow for corners.

If was in your situation, I would get the 550i x-drive and get an exhaust. The CLS550 is awesome, but the transmission is lacking.

rage2
01-15-2015, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by turbotrip
I couldn't find the perfect 911turbo at the time, or else that was actually the best halfway point.
The 996 Turbo is an insane bargain for what you get at around the 45k range. It's a bit point to point in the summer, which made it a tad boring, but the demeanor completely changed in the winter. By far the best and most fun winter car I've ever driven. I've been chasing hard for that winter drivability and nothing has come close. There really is no substitute.

That's another one the OP should look at. Honestly, nothing really goes wrong with it. It's bulletproof. I can't wait till the kids grow up so I can get back into another 911TT.

E46..sTyLez
01-15-2015, 10:56 AM

My 2 will smoke any stock S4/5 in any competition, track, straight line you name it (except maybe an ice/gravel course obviously). And its not even that fast. Against the V8's in our altitude it isn't even fair haha.

Is your 2 modded? Stock vs stock they should be pretty darn close(in a straight line anyway)..even at this altitude cause they are both FI.

Xtrema
01-15-2015, 11:05 AM

Is your 2 modded? Stock vs stock they should be pretty darn close(in a straight line anyway)..even at this altitude cause they are both FI.

Weight. 235i or M2 is at least 500lbs less than any V8 or AWD cars.

Ntense_SpecV
01-15-2015, 11:31 AM

More like 350lbs (did some googling) but still it's very close in speed to the BMW. Plus the S5 is no longer a V8 and hasn't been for over a year. I'll say that the S5 is sexier in looks (IMO), but the M235i has slightly sharper handling based on weight and drivetrain. The interior is hands down better in the S5. The tech is better in the BMW no doubt, as the MMI system is really showing it's age in the Audi. The closer comparison between the S5 is the 435x-drive and reviews that I've read give the edge to the Audi.

Bottom line, the S5 is a GT touring car and drives and handles that way.

killramos
01-15-2015, 11:38 AM

Exactly, that an the M235i is acknowledged to be significantly underrated in horsepower (stock dynos show it putting about 300 to the wheels). The good tires also help with the launch penalty against AWD.

kerb weight on S4/5 is ~3,800 lb versus ~3,400 lb for M235i auto ( even awd is ~3500)

0-60 in an auto M235i is about 4.5 seconds and C&D shows S5 at 4.6 with s-tronic :dunno: When i have pulled against an S4/5 they couldn't keep up so maybe their superchargers are less efficient at our altitude?

Anyhow i didn't come on here to pump up my car, i actually used it as an example of something that isnt THAT fast lol

E46..sTyLez
01-15-2015, 11:51 AM

I'm referring to the fact the tested numbers for the S4/5 and the M235i are very similar:

M235i
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1403_bmw_m235i_mercedes_cla45_amg_subaru_wrx_sti_comparison/specs.html

S4
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1307_2013_audi_s4_first_test/

killramos
01-15-2015, 11:58 AM

I'm referring to the fact the tested numbers for the S4/5 and the M235i are very similar:

M235i
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1403_bmw_m235i_mercedes_cla45_amg_subaru_wrx_sti_comparison/specs.html

S4
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1307_2013_audi_s4_first_test/

Was speaking mostly from my experiences with the two cars. They are both very good but the S4/5 always felt slower to me and in cases where i have raced them they never kept up.

shakalaka
01-15-2015, 12:26 PM

The tough thing for you is you are pricing yourself out of categories, You either have to &quot;downgrade&quot; from the C63 in terms of performance or quality to get awd, or you need to be prepared to spend a bit more on your car to get what you want.

For example another car that might be nice for you is the 435i xdrive. But its definitely a downgrade from a C63. But a new R8 or 911 4 is to much.

:dunno:

Somethings gotta give. I think you can probably live with your C and thats what i voted.

This pretty much sums up my thinking at the moment. I don't want to quite 'downgrade' and yet at the same time I am not too comfortable with spending that much extra to do a true upgrade like the 911 Turbo or GTR. So, I am thinking I need to at least wait a year or so before I can truly upgrade and get either a newer 911 or GTR and until then don't want to end up getting something that I will hate and get rid of the fun C63 just because I let my ADHD get the best of me.

I never really thought about the CLS550, I just thought it was an old mans car (no offence Rage) but I guess I should look into it.

I wouldn't mind giving it a go Rage, thanks for the offer. It is really surprising to hear that it's almost neck to neck with your BS. Like I said, I always thought it was a car marketed at older crowd that values luxury over sportiness/power.

Originally posted by benyl
The issue with the E class as compared to C is not size, it is weight. The 2014+ makes that irrelevant though. 577hp is fun no matter how much you have to slow for corners.

If was in your situation, I would get the 550i x-drive and get an exhaust. The CLS550 is awesome, but the transmission is lacking.

If I wad going a proper upgrade as in looking at 911 or GTR, I doubt I would consider a E63S to be honest. I absolutely love the car, and of course the technology behind it but I just think that they are messing with the cosmetics and making them too curvy. The new E63 I still don't mind that much but from the pictures of the upcoming C63, I can't say I am a fan. If I were to upgrade my C63 to another one, it would be a 507 or BS and the latest one probably won't be a consideration. Plus they didn't put 4Matic in them anyway so in that way E63 is a huge plus. Just a tad bit bigger/heavier, but the amount of power probably fixes that like you said.

The 996 Turbo is an insane bargain for what you get at around the 45k range. It's a bit point to point in the summer, which made it a tad boring, but the demeanor completely changed in the winter. By far the best and most fun winter car I've ever driven. I've been chasing hard for that winter drivability and nothing has come close. There really is no substitute.

That's another one the OP should look at. Honestly, nothing really goes wrong with it. It's bulletproof. I can't wait till the kids grow up so I can get back into another 911TT.

What year is the 996 Turbo that can be had for 45K range? If you're saying they are reliable even when out of warranty and a good year round car, then I most definitely want to give them a chance. Yea, I think I would miss the technology of an older car vs a newer car, but if the car itself is that much more fun to drive I don't really care.

shakalaka
01-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Found this GTR, seems a bit overpriced compared to the 2011 posted above and I keep hearing that 2009 and 2010 version had huge reliability issues?

http://www.carzonecalgary.com/certified/Nissan/2009-Nissan-GT-R-d9199e1a0a0a001f1cb8ecd43f09361f.htm

bjstare
01-15-2015, 12:37 PM

What year is the 996 Turbo that can be had for 45K range? If you're saying they are reliable even when out of warranty and a good year round car, then I most definitely want to give them a chance. Yea, I think I would miss the technology of an older car vs a newer car, but if the car itself is that much more fun to drive I don't really care.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2001-porsche-911-turbo-coupe-2-door/1045095039?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

rage2
01-15-2015, 02:06 PM
I never really thought about the CLS550, I just thought it was an old mans car (no offence Rage) but I guess I should look into it.

I wouldn't mind giving it a go Rage, thanks for the offer. It is really surprising to hear that it's almost neck to neck with your BS. Like I said, I always thought it was a car marketed at older crowd that values luxury over sportiness/power.
It is an old man's car, especially with champagne paint. In white or black, it looks badass. It is marketed at the older crowd for sure, and it's luxurious, but I am getting older. It's got power, but it definitely isn't raw like the C63. I find it to be a decent compromise. The car really grew on me the last 2.5 years with it. I liked it more than the 996TT in the summers, it's more lively to drive, pretty close in power, and was way more comfy on road trips. 8 hour drives to BC felt like 3 hours. So awesome. I can talk it up all I want, but people have really polarized opinions on the CLS. You might hate everything about it, but doesn't hurt to give it a try.

Mine was a 2003. It might be tough to find it at that price with the exchange rate all fucked now, and the 996TT market has definitely bottomed out and may even be slowly trending upwards. Still though, I think if you can find one to your door at $50k, it's still a lot of car for the money.

Tech can be updated, it's got a standard double DIN, and I dropped in a pioneer nav in there and it does more stuff than my MBs.

georgemagana
01-15-2015, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo

Bored already George?

Loving it more and more every day. Even when it just stays in the garage for now :)

Cody D
01-17-2015, 12:55 AM

I just sold mine about two months ago, this is the second time I've owned one, they can easily be had for under $45,000. The looks are what kill the resale because everything else is great, very reliable and insanely fast when modified.

Mine looked damn good before I sold it though:

http://i.imgur.com/Ig0lVWO.jpg?1

nismodrifter
01-17-2015, 01:30 AM

I just sold mine about two months ago, this is the second time I've owned one, they can easily be had for under $45,000. The looks are what kill the resale because everything else is great, very reliable and insanely fast when modified.

Mine looked damn good before I sold it though:

http://i.imgur.com/Ig0lVWO.jpg?1

997 headlight conversion?

shakalaka
01-17-2015, 03:00 AM
What do you guys think of this Porsche? I know it's not a Turbo but it's AWD and not SUPER old. Also, anyone has any experience with this dealership?

http://www.autoshouse.com/detail.php?vid=639

A2VR6
01-17-2015, 09:38 AM
What do you guys think of this Porsche? I know it's not a Turbo but it's AWD and not SUPER old. Also, anyone has any experience with this dealership?

http://www.autoshouse.com/detail.php?vid=639

Can't tell if it's a US car or not (there's a ton of US 997s in Canada and they're generally cheaper). Seems like it has highish Kms for a Porsche (keeping in mind many owners don't drive their cars year round).

I believe the 997.1s (save for the turbo /gt3s) still have the IMS/RMS issue that the 996 non turbo/gt3 cars had. They didnt fully fix this till the 997.2 (2009+).

Granted I'm not sure how widespread the IMS/RMS issue is on the 997.1 but If it were me I'd be looking for a 996 turbo

schocker
01-17-2015, 09:56 AM
^^Speedometer is in kmh but they have the digital anyways for both kmh and mph as the speedo goes up in 50km/h increments :rofl:

Cody D
01-17-2015, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by nismodrifter

997 headlight conversion?

Just tint, cost $80.

msommers
01-17-2015, 10:23 PM
Damn that's a nice Porsche, Cody

A2VR6
01-18-2015, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by schocker
^^Speedometer is in kmh but they have the digital anyways for both kmh and mph as the speedo goes up in 50km/h increments :rofl:

Yea i was on my phone this morning so I couldnt really tell. Now that it's a Canadian car I wouldnt say thats a horrible deal at all

bjstare
01-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Yeah, but it's not a turbo therefore it's going to be less reliable... right?

I'd get the older turbo if it was me.

shakalaka
01-18-2015, 01:04 PM
I think I am leaning towards just keeping the C63 for now. I mean really, it's only been a year and half I need to try and get a handle on my ADHD lol. Plus, not point really getting something I will regret or get bored of even faster. Only cars I would really want at the moment would be either a newer 911 Turbo or a GTR and it's not wise of me to stretch out for either of them at the moment with met getting married in the summer and all. Perhaps a in a couple of years or when I can sell the C63 more easily. I had it listed to check interest and while I got a lot of inquiries nothing really substantiated. So I think it'll be easier to sell it when it's cheaper too. That's the game plan, I just hope I can stick to it now. lol. Thanks to everyone who gave their input, we might see a similar thread some time down the line with some other comparison. lol

Cody D
01-18-2015, 01:46 PM
I think you are making the right choice, I regret selling my C63.

ToXicXxX
01-18-2015, 02:08 PM
I think you are making the right choice, I regret selling my C63.

You could buy mine ;)

How much did you list yours for? I haven't gotten much interest on mine, I suppose because of the headers/tunining.

Cody D
01-18-2015, 05:53 PM
You could buy mine ;)

How much did you list yours for? I haven't gotten much interest on mine, I suppose because of the headers/tunining.

I sold mine two years ago for around $35,000 I think, I buy and sell a lot of cars so my memory of prices isn't the best. I believe it was a 2009 with ~90,000km. It's funny how I can't remember the details, ~40 cars in 8 years will do that I guess.

I would actually prefer one with headers and tuning but I'm probably not the normal consumer. I'm looking for a targa NSX now though so no C63 for me.