PDA

View Full Version : 5/8" Flexible fuel hose

kylejw
01-13-2015, 06:31 PM
Does anyone know a Calgary source for either 5/8" ID flexible fuel hose? Stainless braided, teflon, doesn't matter.

I have a kinking heater hose and I'm hoping this will play nicer with bends.

Tried princess auto, and normal parts places.

Thanks

sr20s14zenki
01-13-2015, 06:40 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ypoiSv3KL.jpg

Ive seen those at a few places..maybe that will work?

Also, maybe ask napa, they sell RADIATOR hose in flex....but im pretty sure ive seen the smalelr stuff in the back as well.

kylejw
01-13-2015, 06:44 PM
Forgot to mention - I saw those unicoils and it would certainly be worth a shot. The prices with shipping seem to be a bit absurd so I'll take a look for them tomorrow.

For some reason I always forget about NAPA. Will check them in town tomorrow as well. Seemed a little to niche to be carried in parts stores but if you've seen them around that's good news.

Thanks for the help.

I think alternatively, I may be able to get away with a 90 degree elbow that fits 5/8 heater hose.

M.alex
01-13-2015, 06:44 PM
buy some -10 (10/16'') aeroquip startlite hose from Mopac

kylejw
01-13-2015, 06:46 PM
That looks like what I'm looking for - I'll swing by Mopac.

Thanks!

sr20s14zenki
01-13-2015, 06:48 PM
M.alex's idea is good. Does that stuff bend pretty good?

OP im sure ive seen the spring thing locally, without any shipping. I believe i saw it at canadian tire, in the aisle that heater hose and stuff is in. Near the headlights. Napa will stock them for sure.

sr20s14zenki
01-13-2015, 06:51 PM
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/goodyear-ez-coil-hose-0142007p.html#.VLW9ZSvF_ao

kylejw
01-13-2015, 06:54 PM
Wow thanks a ton - I feel dumb now. Just assumed it was too specialized to find in town. With any luck I can slide that on and not have to take off any additional parts.

Kind of surprised how much the heater hose softened - it's recommended by more than a few Volvo guys for replacing the pricey factory PCV hoses.

sr20s14zenki
01-13-2015, 07:00 PM
I just miss the days when i could go to napa and they would take me into the back where all the hoses are. Ive done many a custom job just by looking on the wall, and grabbing a hose that looked like it would work, and did..LOL. If they still did that, you could at least find a small 90 degree 5/8 hose in the pile and cut it or something.

But let me know how that spring works if you get it. Ive always been curious, for custom purposes.

SkiBum5.0
01-13-2015, 07:32 PM
Greenline Hose and Fitting. Pretty big supplier so there should be options

kylejw
01-13-2015, 08:22 PM
Well I picked up the spring. It isn't as snug as I think it should be but I'll throw it on tomorrow and see. Very possible I'll be buying new hose anyway.

kylejw
01-14-2015, 03:02 PM
I somehow managed to maneuver the spring into place (it's a very tight squeeze). It seems to have worked perfect, though I may need to get a second spring. If that happens it's not a big deal as that area is much more accessible.

Would have snapped a photo but there's just no way to take one due to the squeeze - the kink is under the intake manifold.

Thanks again for your help guys.