PDA

View Full Version : Russia Cuts Off Ukraine Gas Supply To 6 European Countries

themack89
01-17-2015, 06:50 PM
No idea how this has been missed from mainstream conversations and facebook statuses for THREE DAYS, but whatever. I blame Charlie Hebdo.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-01-14/russia-cuts-ukraine-gas-supply-6-european-countries

http://i.imgur.com/oA6CX2I.png

Isaiah
01-17-2015, 06:53 PM
Thanks Obama.

01RedDX
01-17-2015, 06:57 PM

msommers
01-17-2015, 08:35 PM
More on this:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2015-01-14/russia-to-shift-ukraine-gas-transit-to-turkey-as-eu-cries-foul.html

eblend
01-17-2015, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
They just paid their bill too.

Ukraine paid a bill for past supplies that was long overdue, they are on prepay plan now.. They pay, Russia delivers, however, not the first time, Ukraine is accused of siphoning so it makes sense to cut them off. Ukraine is so fucked up. It's like jacking power before the meter, it's stealing.

I follow many different news sites and nowhere did I see that the supply been cut, especially since the news is a few days old.

The bloomberg makes no mention of supply cuts... So I think there is some confusion...

Russia canceled the south stream pipeline construction and are building a new pipeline to turkey instead, and has said for a while that Europe can buy from the turks as their pipeline will terminate there, so I think there is some misconception in the original article perhaps?

ZenOps
01-18-2015, 07:52 AM
Print more Rubles.

T-Dubbs
01-18-2015, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps
Print more Rubles.

LOL!

BMDUBS
01-18-2015, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by eblend

Ukraine paid a bill for past supplies that was long overdue, they are on prepay plan now.. They pay, Russia delivers, however, not the first time, Ukraine is accused of siphoning so it makes sense to cut them off. Ukraine is so fucked up. It's like jacking power before the meter, it's stealing.

I follow many different news sites and nowhere did I see that the supply been cut, especially since the news is a few days old.

The bloomberg makes no mention of supply cuts... So I think there is some confusion...

Russia canceled the south stream pipeline construction and are building a new pipeline to turkey instead, and has said for a while that Europe can buy from the turks as their pipeline will terminate there, so I think there is some misconception in the original article perhaps?

Agreed, this is major headline news if it were true. There is some sort of misconception going on here.

JAYMEZ
01-18-2015, 04:32 PM
I still can't find this on any other news outlet?

Thales of Miletus
01-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Putin is a dick.

In other words, Canada better start building a navy and northern infrastructure if they want any of the trillion cubic meters of natural gas that is under the North Pole. I am sure Europe will be keen to invest in Canada if we got a good foot hold in the north.

Maybe Canada should find a shallow spot and construct an Island.

HiTempguy1
01-18-2015, 04:53 PM
What? I've read it in probably 6 other mainstream news sources?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1106382/Europe-plunged-energy-crisis-Russia-cuts-gas-supply-Ukraine.html

Russia has officially told Ukraine to gtfo. As well of most of Europe.

In summary, Putin basically said "we'll ship all of our gas through pipelines to turkey, build your own pipelines to get the gas from their terminals BITCHEZ"

Feruk
01-18-2015, 05:15 PM
I suspect both Europe and everyone else saw this one coming... Especially after the EU started putting sanctions. It was obvious Russia was going to retaliate, and almost just as obvious that it would be by cutting gas supply soon as it got cold. I suppose that's what they get for fucking with Putin.

eblend
01-18-2015, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
What? I've read it in probably 6 other mainstream news sources?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1106382/Europe-plunged-energy-crisis-Russia-cuts-gas-supply-Ukraine.html

Russia has officially told Ukraine to gtfo. As well of most of Europe.

In summary, Putin basically said "we'll ship all of our gas through pipelines to turkey, build your own pipelines to get the gas from their terminals BITCHEZ"

Interesting, I usually read the news during the workweek so perhaps it was missed.

As for Europe getting pissed at Russia, they can really go fuck themselves no? Shouldn't they be pissed at the puppet government in Ukraine for being such an unreliable transit country, and you know, tell Ukraine, a state that wants to join EU, to perhaps stops stealing gas that got those EU countries into this predicament in the first place.

EU are the ones who kept blocking south stream with their politics, sanctioning and antagonizing Russia, so I think it's fare. If EU wants to be dicks, Russia has all the right to be dicks right back. They knew just as well that Ukraine can't be trusted yet they blocked southstream anyways, and only after Russia said they are canceling it and rerouting to Turkey did they all of the sudden care.

Really, I think EU is a mess, I don't know why countries strive to join it still, at the same time as others want out.