PDA

View Full Version : 80% of Americans support mandatory labeling of foods containing DNA

FraserB
01-19-2015, 08:55 AM
80% of American want to see food labeled if it contains DNA. Sadly this was apparently a legitimate survey done by Oklahoma State University Agricultural Economics department.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/01/17/over-80-percent-of-americans-support-mandatory-labels-on-foods-containing-dna/

This survey goes well with the Nation Science Foundation survey that showed 26% of Americans were unaware that the Earth revolves around the Sun and that 52% didn't know that humans had evolved from earlier species of animals.

http://phys.org/news/2014-02-americans-unaware-earth-circles-sun.html

spikerS
01-19-2015, 09:00 AM
:facepalm:

Masked Bandit
01-19-2015, 09:11 AM
When I read the thread title I assumed it was a typo and you got auto-corrected from GMO to DNA.

'Murica!

:rolleyes:

FixedGear
01-19-2015, 09:28 AM
In other news, a recent poll shows 50% of beyond era think climate change is unrelated to human activity. What is that they say about glass houses?

Masked Bandit
01-19-2015, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by FixedGear
In other news, a recent poll shows 50% of beyond era think climate change is unrelated to human activity. What is that they say about glass houses?

That you should get dressed in the basement.

codetrap
01-19-2015, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
That you should get dressed in the basement. I'm going to say to you what I told my neighbor. You look through my bathroom window and see my naked ass on the toilet, YOU are the one that has to live with that memory for the rest of your life. Some things you just can't un-see.

:poosie:

Seth1968
01-19-2015, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

This survey goes well with the Nation Science Foundation survey that showed 26% of Americans were unaware that the Earth revolves around the Sun and that 52% didn't know that humans had evolved from earlier species of animals.

Religion for the most part.

And those fossils? Totally created by Satan.