PDA

View Full Version : Schweppes Dark Ginger Ale

kenny
01-19-2015, 10:07 PM
Anyone try this stuff? I decided to try a bottle last week and thought it was pretty good. More ginger taste than regular ginger ale, but not too much bite like some ginger beer. Haven't tried it as a mix, but I can see it being pretty good. I could see myself having a glass when not feeling well but still craving a fizzy drink.

Decided to go pick up some more tonight and co-op is doing their 10 for $10 deals right now and Schweppes products are on there. I only picked up 4 bottles though for $4. Bonus was a $2 off coupon if you buy 4 bottles. 8L of dark ginger ale goodness for $2 + deposits and taxes.

:thumbsup:

legendboy
01-20-2015, 10:52 AM
I tried it, like the original better

Kolbatron
01-20-2015, 11:24 AM
I had some at my parents place for Christmas dinner and I enjoyed it. Not as good as the original as posted above but worth a try.

codetrap
01-20-2015, 11:27 AM
I darken my ginger ale all the time by adding kraken rum to it.

jwslam
01-20-2015, 11:40 AM
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Fake-Ginger-Ale-Using-Soda

JustinMCS
01-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by codetrap
I darken my ginger ale all the time by adding kraken rum to it.

kraken! my fav.

mr2mike
01-20-2015, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by kenny
I could see myself having a glass when not feeling well but still craving a fizzy drink.

No offense but in reality, the amount of ginger in these versus the sugar you're giving to your cold virus, etc. is terrible.
Easier to stick with ginger root tea. IMO.

Bought the tea for the wife once instead of her ginger ale request... it didn't fly.

I am a fan of a Dark and Stormy. Wonder if this would work instead of ginger beer.

BokCh0y
01-20-2015, 12:11 PM
Tried it over Christmas. Yes more ginger flavor, but I also found it to be sweeter :dunno:

Was ok. I had it in a mix with Rye.

kenny
01-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
No offense but in reality, the amount of ginger in these versus the sugar you're giving to your cold virus, etc. is terrible.
Easier to stick with ginger root tea. IMO.

Oh I know, I didn't say it was good for me haha :P Just the taste would somehow make me feel better how ever temporarily it may be.

r3ccOs
01-20-2015, 02:36 PM
where?

I love the superstore ginger beer!

Swank
01-20-2015, 04:53 PM

I am a fan of a Dark and Stormy. Wonder if this would work instead of ginger beer.

Dark & Stormies :drool:

max_boost
01-20-2015, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs
where?

I love the superstore ginger beer! yes, where? curious to try one now lol

Inzane
01-23-2015, 10:44 PM

I've never heard of anyone using ginger ale as a cold remedy. (??)

Works well for upset stomach though. When I'm nauseated and having trouble keeping anything down ginger ale is usually one of the first drinks I'll reach for as I claw my way back to the living.

Dumbass17
01-24-2015, 10:23 AM
Best dark and stormy = captain Morgan's spiced rum and Royal Jamaican ginger beer. :poosie: