PDA

View Full Version : $200 million ransom for two Japanese reporters

ZenOps
01-20-2015, 11:12 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/20/islamic-state-japanese-hostages_n_6504906.html

200 million yen, would be payable tomorrow. $200 million US, is still awfully high. Even considering that the politically correct way to label an international spy is "reporter".

jacky4566
01-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Guy on the left isn't afraid of shit. He's made his peace.

"He demanded "200 million" without specifying a currency" Fuck those guys. Pay them with 200 Million Zimbabwean dollars.
:rofl:

killramos
01-20-2015, 11:20 AM
I say pay them in 200 million grams of lead. Drop it from a fleet of B52's

Stealth22
01-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Some of the comments on that page are funny :rofl:

If Isis keeps acting like this the're gonna ruin their tourism industry
Oh c'mon! Now the Japanese? ISIS should be smarter than pissing of the Japanese...
Send in the ninjas

Nufy
01-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Use Paypal and then dispute the transaction once they are freed...

Profit !!!

dubhead
01-20-2015, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by killramos
I say pay them in 200 million grams of lead. Drop it from a fleet of B52's

:werd:

sr20s14zenki
01-20-2015, 08:59 PM
Seems like ISIS is looking for the "suicide by cop". If they piss off the entire world enough, i think they just may get what they are looking for.

If it wasn't for innocent people being in the crossfire, i'd say bomb the fucks....but unfortunately....they are cowards and hide behind innocent people.

max_boost
01-20-2015, 09:35 PM
Note to self. Avoid travel to Syria/Iraq :nut: :dunno:

davidI
01-20-2015, 10:13 PM
They're looking for headlines and they're getting them. I wish the media would stop reporting these thigns as it just acts in ISIS'favour for recruiting.

People that go to these places need to accept the risk. If I get kidnapped in Yemen I certainly will not expect (or want) a ransom to be paid for my release as it will just mean more people will be taken.

Xtrema
01-20-2015, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by davidI
They're looking for headlines and they're getting them. I wish the media would stop reporting these thigns as it just acts in ISIS'favour for recruiting.

People that go to these places need to accept the risk. If I get kidnapped in Yemen I certainly will not expect (or want) a ransom to be paid for my release as it will just mean more people will be taken.

Yup.

bignerd
01-20-2015, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by davidI

France pays them all the time... Didn't seem to do them much good.

rx7boi
01-21-2015, 12:07 AM
He demanded "200 million" without specifying a currency, but an Arabic subtitle identified it as U.S. dollars.

FYI for people that like to comment but have little to no reading skills. :rofl:

davidI
01-21-2015, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by bignerd

Unfortunately this is why people continue to regularly be kidnapped. There's a reason most countries have a policy of not negotiating with terrorists.

There was a South African recently kidnapped as well and a charitable organize raised funds to make payment for him. A Briton I knew / worked with, Bob Semple, was kidnapped nearly 8 months ago and the UK sure as hell won't pay for his release on this basis.

killramos
01-21-2015, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Yup.

Yup, one of the reasons why i wont even discuss charlie hebdo/isis with coworkers. he greater a % of our consciousness we give them the more they win.

As for paying ransoms. Thats what special forces are for.

davidI
01-21-2015, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by killramos

As for paying ransoms. Thats what special forces are for.

IMO the first step is waiting it out. If it looks like it is leading to an execution, send in the SF. Sadly those extractions rarely work out but even if everyone involved gets killed it prevents the kidnappers from doing it again and prevents the execution videos we've all seen from promoting recruitment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/07/world/middleeast/hostage-luke-somers-is-killed-in-yemen-during-rescue-attempt-american-official-says.html

Feruk
01-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by bignerd
Kidnapping and oil sales are two big sources of income for IS. What I find even more ironic is how Syria actually buys black market oil from IS, who it is at war with. Both the Syrians and French give money to those wanting them dead.