PDA

View Full Version : Vegas super cars

shakalaka
01-21-2015, 03:58 PM
I recall seeing a similar thread a few years ago but can't seem to find it. Either way, I figured I'd get some latest updated information going about these.

About 10 of us are going to Vegas for my bachelor party during the April long weekend. A few of us, including me want to drive super cars. I'd like to know if someone can recommend which company to go with, what package to get etc.

I see that either you can race on the track or take them around regular streets in a group. I think I am leaning towards the track but I am open to other suggestions. Basically I am looking to get the best super car experience possible and would like to know what the guys who have some experience would recommend and suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Mibz
01-21-2015, 04:02 PM
http://www.exoticsracing.com/

If you decide to go with the "Go on a short road trip in a super car" option, make sure to bust out your phone and post how bored you are during the trip.

killramos
01-21-2015, 04:12 PM
I am planning the same trip, probably less guys though so I am interested in hearing what people have to say.

I know they rent super cars right on the strip but i think speedway is the way to go. Always wanted to drive (or own :dunno: ) an Aston :burnout:

pheoxs
01-21-2015, 04:28 PM
Speedway > Rental.

What's the point of renting a supercar if you can't drive it fast.

schocker
01-21-2015, 04:29 PM
I might be heading down in Feb so might treat myself to try that 991 GT3 for only $299 :burnout:

BavarianBeast
01-21-2015, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by pheoxs
Speedway > Rental.

What's the point of renting a supercar if you can't drive it fast.

http://www.worldclassdriving.com/drive-exotics-las-vegas

They let you rip.

Canmorite
01-21-2015, 04:34 PM
I've driven the GTR and it was pretty fun, but go for an exotic or GT3 imo. Although go for way more than 5 laps, I did 7 and it wasn't nearly enough as each lap is about a minute.

Only downfall is they weren't keen on you revving till redline for some reason.

KhCrzRKKBkg

shakalaka
01-21-2015, 04:36 PM
Choices are the one that Mibz posted above or

http://www.worldclassdriving.com

To be honest I am leaning towards the World Class Driving simply because I think the 5 laps will be over so soon that I'd be left wanting more. World Class you get to drive 3 super cars but the downside of course is that you can't exactly drive them fast.

shakalaka
01-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
I've driven the GTR and it was pretty fun, but go for an exotic or GT3 imo. Although go for way more than 5 laps, I did 7 and it wasn't nearly enough as each lap is about a minute.

Only downfall is they weren't keen on you revving till redline for some reason.

KhCrzRKKBkg

So if each lap is about a minute you're done driving in 5? That sounds so little.

Mibz
01-21-2015, 04:41 PM
I'd rather spend 10 minutes driving a supercar on a track than 2 hours driving one at 50%.

When you're done you will absolutely want to keep doing it. That's the point. It's really fucking fun.

shakalaka
01-21-2015, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by BavarianBeast

http://www.worldclassdriving.com/drive-exotics-las-vegas

They let you rip.

If that is actually the case then I am definitely sold for this one as the speed is the only thing sort of holding me back on it.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-21-2015, 04:57 PM
I personally found it pretty boring when I drove the MP4-12C at the track there. I would rather spend my money for a day in my own car at Castrol than 10 laps in someone elses super car.

RX_EVOLV
01-21-2015, 05:10 PM
Did the Exotic Racing and it was a load of fun. Like others have said, 5 laps is not nearly enough, and go for the track cars. I drove the Mercedes SLS and the F430 Scuderia. lThe SLS was meh but the F430 was soooooo much fun.

I would definitly do it again It's so expensive though since a lap is only ~1 min, especially now that the exchange rate is 1.25. When I did it I had originally signed up for only the min of 5 laps for each car, but they offered a 'promo' during the event that let you add extra laps for a discount (cheaper than if you had just signed up for more laps in your reservation). I'm guessing it's an offer they make every time so maybe you can just sign up for the minimum 5 laps, and then add on the extra laps at the event itself in case they offer the same discount.

Xtrema
01-21-2015, 05:23 PM
3 options:

Exoticsracing.com

Exotics on a track. As fast as you can drive them. You qualify for group rate for 10+ so it may be cheaper than posted rate or you may get a couple laps thrown in.

Pro
- all 10 of you will fit into the party.
- Goes balls out on track.

Con
- Average track time is about 40s per lap. 5 lap package is around 4mins and you would just get a taste. You'll need more laps to fully experience a car.
- Track changed every 2 years. I went back in Oct 2014 and the straight is too short for my liking this time out.
- Waiting for your ride could be long depends on your group. Expect to spend 2hr minimum there for 10 laps.

This has always been my go to. Too bad I missed the MP4-12C this time out as it's no longer offered.

worldclassdriving.com

Exotics on public road / semi public road inside Red Rock Canyon Park.

Pro
- Longer exposure for lower price
- You get 12-15mins per car, tour is about 2-3hrs end to end.
- Slight elevation change in Red Rock Canyon park adds a bit of variance on experience

Con
- Exotic on public road = no balls out, no passing, single file. Everyone do the elastic driving to add buffer to a bit of balls out driving but those are 10-12s tops. And got forbid if you have a noob or a chick in front of you and won't punch it.

- Only 4 cars in a group. Even with 8 people going, there are only 4 driving sessions within a tour, the other 4 guys are only out there for the ride. Could be a nightmare for 10 guys.

These guys runs 3 sessions a day. The 1st and last session get to drive the cars out to/from the shop and you get a bit more seat time on freeways. But I won't call those quality time as you have to worry about random assholes on the freeways.

Fun starts when you hit Red Rock Canyon park. As you get rotated thru 4 cars, make sure the ones you really want to experience is the middle 2 where they get the longest run time in the canyon. The park IS patrolled but since the group is sandwiched by lead and tail cars, you get warnings to behave.

It's fun in a sense that you get to match the lovely songs of V8s along with a scenic drive. But if speed is what you are looking for, you won't get it. The best I can squeeze out of them is about 120mph before I have to hit the brakes.

EDIT: As BavarianBeast said, you can rip it and since no staff sit next to you, all you get is a warning if they don't like what you are doing.

But as I said, it's a group of 4, you have to intentionally go slow to give yourself space then rip it, then slow down and then rip it again.

Rental

Cost more than WorldClass, limited mileage, pretty much same experience as WorldClass unless you are picking up hookers with it.

shakalaka
01-21-2015, 05:27 PM
Actually I think I confused everyone by saying 10 people are going. What I meant was that 10 people are going to Vegas but not everyone will want to do this part. I think so far only 2 people really want to do it. Me and a buddy and the rest are planning on getting hammered all the time.

Xtrema
01-21-2015, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
Actually I think I confused everyone by saying 10 people are going. What I mean was that 10 people are going to Vegas but not everyone will want to do this part. I think so far only 2 people really want to do it. Me and a buddy and the rest are planning on getting hammered all the time.

If that's the case, either will be fine. Just depends on what you are looking for.

Be careful with WorldClass as you don't get to choose the car. There are 4 in a group but since an R8 died the date I went, they replace it with a 458. So there are 2 458s in a group of 4, which is great when you are sharing with 2 (each of you get to experience 458) but sucks if you are by yourself and you have to drive the same car twice.

And if there are 2 of you, that means you get to drive 2 each for around $1100 (primary driver + secondary + insurance). And you may have a fight on your hand on who get to drive what. :D

shakalaka
01-21-2015, 05:37 PM
We were actually planning to book separately. Cause if it's two drivers I read it's extra $199 but then you share it. So we are both separately going to book the $499 sessions. That way both of us will be driving all the time and we both get to try 3 different super cars.

roopi
01-21-2015, 05:41 PM
One of the original threads:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=356945

Xtrema
01-21-2015, 05:43 PM
We were actually planning to book separately. Cause if it's two drivers I read it's extra $199 but then you share it. So we are both separately going to book the $499 sessions. That way both of us will be driving all the time and we both get to try 3 different super cars.

That's not a bad way to go.

shakalaka
01-21-2015, 06:09 PM
I spoke to them and found out what the last tour on the day we want to go is so we get to drive a little extra back to the office lol. They also gave a $25 coupon code haha.

Canmorite
01-21-2015, 09:57 PM

So if each lap is about a minute you're done driving in 5? That sounds so little.

It goes by really quick. Get 8 laps or more.

Darkane
01-22-2015, 11:00 AM
Yeah do as many laps as possible at exoticsracing.

I did 30 laps in 4 vehicles when I went. Loved it.

They do stop you after 5 laps to cool the car and also give you driving line tips etc. The next five laps after that is when they'll let you (if they trust you) really dig into the car. I didn't see 9k in the 458 but 8+ all the time after 5 laps. During the first 5 they short shift you at 7-7.5.

They gave me a free 5 laps in an SLS and I was bouncing limiter in that thing lol. Stupid slow MB Trans.

shakalaka
01-22-2015, 12:16 PM
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions guys, I appreciate it. We are leaning towards the World Class Driving experience at the moment. I am think it would be more satisfying for me personally instead of going around the track a few times with people speaking in my ears telling me what to do constantly.

Canmorite
01-23-2015, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

They do stop you after 5 laps to cool

I think this depends when you go. I went in January and the air temp was ~12c and they let me do all 7 laps at once. In the hotter months though they have a tent and fans going on all the cars.

94boosted
01-23-2015, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
3 options:

There is actually a fourth option it's called Dream Racing (http://www.dreamracing.com/) and it's located ~4 minutes away from where Exotics Racing has their setup. If I remember correctly the pricing was a little bit less than Exotics Racing. Dream Racing is setup at the Inside Road Course of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway which is pretty cool. I did this when I was down there in May for a buddies stag and had a blast. Drove 5 laps in the Lambo Gallardo Superlaggera (hated it) and 5 laps in a Ferrari F430 Scuderia (loved it) and had a really good time. The cool part about Dream Racing unlike Exotics Racing is that you spend 10-15 minutes on a professional simulator before you do any of your actual laps so by the time you do go out for your actual laps your are familiar with the track so you can push a bit harder then you normally would.

The instructor that is with you never lets you push the car to 10/10ths but depending on your skill they will let you push hard enough to have fun. I have my competition license and plenty of seat time at a track so he told me that he let me push it as hard as they ever let people but like I said it's still not 10/10ths.

The other cool thing about Dream Racing is that they have actual race cars there that you can drive (Ferrari F430 GT and a Lamborghini Super Trofeo) these are obviously more expensive but they make minced meat of the "regular" supercars. I didn't get to try these but will next time for sure.

BigBadVlad
01-23-2015, 04:39 PM
World Class Driving, went last May and had fun! Was reading some reviews on Tripadvisor about the other Race Track experiences and some people complaining about instructors telling them when to brake, turn in and accelerate etc...

Wanted more seat time so went with World Class, plus can bring someone with you for $99 (non-driver). Yes I had a chance to get well into triple digits on the tour, plus as a bonus I won the rock paper scissors to drive the new XJL with supercharged V8 and massaging seats, (nice!), back to the shop. The XKR is a bigger, slower shifting car but man it pulls like a freight train!

civic_rida
01-23-2015, 04:39 PM
I've rented a lambo Gallardo lp-550-2 as well as done the world class driving.
Enjoyed having the lambo for a day and doing whatever I wanted.

shakalaka
01-23-2015, 05:44 PM
How much was it having it for the day if you don't mind my asking?

ddduke
01-26-2015, 04:28 AM
How much was it having it for the day if you don't mind my asking?

It was likely between 1300 and 1500 for a single day and the price goes down the more days you book for. You get 100 miles and overages usually cost .75/mile

At least that's how much it costs in Scottsdale.

heavyfuel
01-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by ddduke

It was likely between 1300 and 1500 for a single day and the price goes down the more days you book for. You get 100 miles and overages usually cost .75/mile

At least that's how much it costs in Scottsdale.

You've rented a Lamborghini before? You mean you don't already own 3? Wtf??? :dunno:

civic_rida
01-26-2015, 11:37 AM
www.vegasluxuryrides.com
They have different packages keep in mind though insurance is $149 extra.

Mar
01-26-2015, 01:41 PM
You can do this in Toronto as well, you don't have to go to Vegas. My girlfriend bought me a couple of passes there for Christmas.

Brutucus
01-26-2015, 02:50 PM
Exotic racing was a big disappointment. It honestly felt like a glorified drivers ed class.

But on the other hand, I had friends/ my boss who said they had a great time and they were allow to rip the cars around.

Xtrema
01-26-2015, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Brutucus
Exotic racing was a big disappointment. It honestly felt like a glorified drivers ed class.

But on the other hand, I had friends/ my boss who said they had a great time and they were allow to rip the cars around.

I was allow to rip. If they think you are capable, they will let you rip because they know they get tips for that.

Go4Long
02-06-2015, 05:02 PM
Yeah, they let me rip on the GT3 pretty decently in my opinion. I wasn't fast or anything, but had a good time:

sVRgh3gmGB0

georgemagana
02-07-2015, 03:31 AM
I loved Exotic Racing both times I was there. Yes, they do tell you to upshift around 7k but I only listened for the first few laps and then ignored them haha. They let me push the cars more than enough IMO. For sure at the top of my skills.

This is the cars I drove in order of most fun:

Gallardo
Scudderia
GTR/C7_

95EagleAWD
02-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Something else to consider, if you're looking for a bit more fun and bang for your buck.

www.aircombat.com

broken_legs
02-07-2015, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
Something else to consider, if you're looking for a bit more fun and bang for your buck.

www.aircombat.com

^^ Next time. Wish I read this thread a day earlier!

Just finished up at Exotics Racing today. I was happy with the experience.

Pros:
I drove some cools cars really fast
It was awesome

Cons:
- 10 minutes of racing takes 2.5-3 hrs.
- too much blah blah blah
- too many slow ass cars on the track so you dont really get to see how fast you can go
- Pay in full over the phone by credit card or risk doing a drop in.
- cant see your lap times unless you pay 80$ for the video

They had me down for the GT3 first for 5 laps, then the GTR second for 10 laps. I asked them to change it so I could learn on the GTR and then have fun on the GT3.

Raced the GTR for 10 laps, it was super annoying because of all the slow cars on the road. started at 59 seconds and got down to 55.7 after 11 laps. At 6 laps we slowed down to cool down (free-be lap). He gave me an extra lap at the end as well because of the crowded track. Hit the rev liited twice hehe.

Raced the GT3 for 5 laps (+2). First lap was 54.8, got down to 54.14 at the end. Again slow ass cars piling up in the corners, so annoying. Jason gave me 2 extra laps because of the slow cars all over. The GT3 isnt as fast as the GTR but it handles so much better. I was under-steering in the GTR with traction control interrupting all the time - I had a slight oversteer in the GT3 that corrected easily, and it could take the corners much faster. It just seemed like a more natural car to race around the track and it sounds awesome with the 9k redline (shifted when I wanted after a lap or two)

In regards to the instructors, I had Ken and Jason. Both were good. They never slowed me down once. I was expecting overbearing nanny instructors, not the case at all.

All in all a fun experience, i would do it again. Just make sure that you go on a weekday.

BAB Inc
03-03-2015, 03:02 PM
I drove the 458 for 5 laps. One thing I still ask myself is what mode was the car put in, I know they have a race mode but for some reason I forgot to check.

Anyone see what mode the 458 is set?

Mibz
03-03-2015, 03:06 PM
When I was in the 458 it was noob mode, but it was also my first car and first time there. Not sure if they turn it up if you've got experience.