PDA

View Full Version : Want to Borrow: Genuine Honda/Acura Oil Filter Wrench

Speed_69
01-22-2015, 06:50 PM
Does anybody have an OEM Honda/Acura oil filter wrench I can borrow?

The oil filter on my TSX was torqued way too much by the previous shop who worked on it. I've tried a Fram oil filter wrench but it doesn't fit the torque wrench afterwards when the filter is in it and the oil filter is in a location with minimal space making it very difficult to jam a screwdriver in it to turn. I've read other forums were other owners mentioned the OEM Honda wrench filter was the only thing that worked for them.

Seeing as it's nice outside this coming weekend, I'd like to do my oil change and I'd rather not pay a shop to do it or buy a new filter wrench from Honda for $35+

Will pay $5 to borrow

G-ZUS
01-22-2015, 06:54 PM
I've seen those cup style ones at partsource and autovalue. Should be way cheaper than $35.

alpha
01-22-2015, 07:32 PM
if you go to princess auto they have the 3 jaw style ones, Ive never had a filter I couldnt get off with it.

firebane
01-22-2015, 07:45 PM
Either use more arm power or use a flat blade screw driver

ShermanEF9
01-22-2015, 07:52 PM
nvm. saw saying no room.

Speed_69
01-22-2015, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by alpha
if you go to princess auto they have the 3 jaw style ones, Ive never had a filter I couldnt get off with it.
Is this the one you're talking about?
http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/adjustable-oil-filter-wrench/A-p8104028e
I may have to try this.

Originally posted by firebane
Either use more arm power or use a flat blade screw driver
Me and my brother are both pretty strong guys. It wasn't coming off no matter how hard we tried and like I said, there's very minimal space so you can't jam a screw driver in. It was hard enough just reaching in just to get my hand around it.

403civic
01-23-2015, 11:42 AM
PM me if you live in the NW

alpha
01-30-2015, 10:34 PM
Thats the one I'm talking about, it will crush the filter before it will let go, and ive never had one that I couldnt get off with it.