PDA

View Full Version : parking fail

gx12
01-24-2015, 07:34 PM
i was at the Ice Magic Festival this morning and met this smartass.
we exchanged a few nice words, he's 101% right according to him:banghead:.
video is muted for lots unnecessary sounds.

who's wrong here?

ZC2BFrudc_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2BFrudc_Q

Tik-Tok
01-24-2015, 07:36 PM
Lol, what a dickhead. Should have let him run into you.

roll_over
01-24-2015, 07:39 PM
I bet he can lift 300lbs 1rm

GQBalla
01-24-2015, 08:04 PM
Well. The camera clearly caught him backing up. You also being a dick even pulled up more with his reverse lights on.

See it from his point of view. People change parking spots.

I also see it from your point of view that you thought he left. You're the dick IMO

beyond_ban
01-24-2015, 08:30 PM
I think he is the dick... If i were you i would not have backed up as you were already 75% of the way in.

lilmira
01-24-2015, 08:33 PM
egsdc7tZ_xc

gx12
01-24-2015, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Well. The camera clearly caught him backing up. You also being a dick even pulled up more with his reverse lights on.

See it from his point of view. People change parking spots.

I also see it from your point of view that you thought he left. You're the dick IMO

maybe you need to see it better.
I was little hard on the brake and it was slippery up there at lake louise, pulled up more? nope. if I was the dickhead I would've not move an inch.

as you said, I thought he's leaving anyway, so even if I knew he was going to backup, it would've been to avoid something like a snowbank or people that's in front of him.

gx12
01-24-2015, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Lol, what a dickhead. Should have let him run into you.

Originally posted by beyond_ban
I think he is the dick... If i were you i would not have backed up as you were already 75% of the way in.

i try my best to avoid any accidents whether I'm right or wrong.
and i was up there to have a good time with my family so was he, so why ruin it.

Tik-Tok
01-24-2015, 08:55 PM

I think the other guy was a bigger dick because he obviously saw him, but just kept backing up anyways, that's just unnecessary aggression.

01RedDX
01-24-2015, 09:13 PM

Disoblige
01-24-2015, 09:21 PM
The fact that you had to exchange a few words with the guy says a lot about you. Yeah, he backed up, and it looked kinda stupid, but so what? I would have just shaken my head at most.

I would have just said "Oh, I thought you were leaving so I was caught by surprise that you wanted to go into this space."

Why get upset over something so trivial.

Edit: Oh, and what 01RedDX said.

GQBalla
01-24-2015, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
OP drove through a tandem parking space, which you're not supposed to do. It's fine when there's no one there, otherwise the person closest to the space and already backing or pulling in, gets priority.

This.

Okay. I see your point.

Little slippery out there we can say that. You sure handled the slip quite nice as you pulled right in and stopped. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Both parties could have handled it better. Exchanging words aren't neccesary. Posting a video on a public forum is just bitching and asking if I am right or not.

gx12
01-24-2015, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
The fact that you had to exchange a few words with the guy says a lot about you. Yeah, he backed up, and it looked kinda stupid, but so what? I would have just shaken my head at most.

I would have just said "Oh, I thought you were leaving so I was caught by surprise that you wanted to go into this space."

Why get upset over something so trivial.

chill, it was literally just few lines of who's right or wrong, no name calling or bad mouthing other than a few stares at each other at the end and we were off our ways.

nothing too upset about it. I didn't know he was trying to back into that spot. all I know was he's leaving and yes caught by surprise. he's got a backup camera so I wasn't afraid of him make contact.

gx12
01-24-2015, 10:19 PM
OP drove through a tandem parking space, which you're not supposed to do. It's fine when there's no one there, otherwise the person closest to the space and already backing or pulling in, gets priority.

um.. if I knew he's going for that spot, sure he could've have it all he wants. but I saw him leaving, and he wasn't even backing in yet when I was already on the move to drive in.
if he would've step out and say back the F off instead of inching back on me like that (he's got a backup camera), I would've been much happier to start my trip.

and yes most people will drive through a tandem parking space like that, you and me included.

Canucks3322
01-24-2015, 10:21 PM
Like someone mentioned already you were trying to take that space illegally. .. he had a right to it. .. so you were wrong. What were you getting mad about? That he changed his mind which he had every right to and prevented you from taking a space the wrong way"? FFs the guy even thanked you when he got out. ..

gx12
01-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
Like someone mentioned already you were trying to take that space illegally. .. he had a right to it. .. so you were wrong.

yes he should've let me know on the phone that he's not leaving and wanted that spot.

i'm so sorry I broke the law, forgive me!

:drama:

Canucks3322
01-24-2015, 10:26 PM
I don't understand why you keep saying you assumed he was leaving. .. you've never changed your mind and wanted a different spot? It's not like he was driving out from that exact spot. .that woud actually change things a bit but even then. .. you'd still be in the wrong.

Honestly the guy got out and said thanks... you sound the type of driver that thinks everyone is out to fuck around with you and your just itching for it to happen so you can blow off some steam....dick.

gx12
01-24-2015, 10:40 PM
I don't understand why you keep saying you assumed he was leaving. .. you've never changed your mind and wanted a different spot? It's not like he was driving out from that exact spot. .that woud actually change things a bit but even then. .. you'd still be in the wrong.

Honestly the guy got out and said thanks... you sound the type of driver that thinks everyone is out to fuck around with you and your just itching for it to happen so you can blow off some steam....dick.

:rofl: so If I see you parked at a futureshop parking stall and process to leave, I should always assume you are taking the next open spot instead of you done your shopping and leave?
and I should never drive thru parking space like that because one of the park cars around it might make a move for it? ok, I am sorry.

and I did say "you are very welcome" in my video.:)

Canucks3322
01-24-2015, 10:52 PM
No Im saying you can do it everyone does it but if someone is gonna take it its theirs you have to let them because they're taking it legally and you're not. It's happened to me before and guess what... I just backed up and took the space that Im supposed to take, just outof respectand common courtesy.... and afterall, the ARE two spaces you know.

FraserB
01-24-2015, 11:02 PM
Can someone post the section that prohits what OP was going to go? Can't find it anywhere.

Either way, it wasn't clear that the Lexus wanted the spot so its not like OP acted like a jerk

ReflexFX
01-24-2015, 11:05 PM
OP is wrong in this case. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the Lexus had smashed into him, he'd be at fault for coming into the stall like that.

Graham_A_M
01-24-2015, 11:05 PM
^ I was going to say, why not just take the spot directly behind him? No harm done at all :dunno: I know it's nice to have it so you can pull straight out without backing.... but

gx12
01-24-2015, 11:10 PM
No Im saying you can do it everyone does it but if someone is gonna take it its theirs you have to let them because they're taking it legally and you're not. It's happened to me before and guess what... I just backed up and took the space that Im supposed to take, afterall, the ARE two spaces you know.

did you watch the video at all? I DID backed up and let him in, and parked just behind him YOU KNOW.

if you are wonder why I was backing up so slow then? I was at lake Louise, there're lots people/cars coming behind for the Ice festival.

whole video was about how aggressive he's inching back on me like that(maybe because he can see safely with his rearview camera?), if he would've step out and ask me to back off the second he wanted to back in, we both would've start our ice festival tour quietly without the stares.

Canucks3322
01-24-2015, 11:14 PM
Ya I know you did but you're all mad about it. .. my opinion is that he had every right to do that because he's going into it properly...he had the" right of way"... your thinking should of been oh sweet I can take the empty stall ahead of it and just leave easier oh wait this guy wants it ok Ill just back up and take the space I should've took according to the unwritten rules of parking lot etiquette and common courtesy.

rob the knob
01-24-2015, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by gx12
i was at the Ice Magic Festival this morning and met this smartass.
we exchanged a few nice words, he's 101% right according to him:banghead:.
video is muted for lots unnecessary sounds.

who's wrong here?

ZC2BFrudc_Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC2BFrudc_Q

did you watch the video at all? I DID backed up and let him in, and parked just behind him YOU KNOW.

if you are wonder why I was backing up so slow then? I was at lake Louise, there're lots people/cars coming behind for the Ice festival.

whole video was about how aggressive he's inching back on me like that(maybe because he can see safely with his rearview camera?), if he would've step out and ask me to back off the second he wanted to back in, we both would've start our ice festival tour quietly without the stares.

why make video and edit with fancy quotes?

call your mom. then go back with your dad to fix this.

GQBalla
01-24-2015, 11:27 PM
OP thinks he's in the right that's why.

Disoblige
01-24-2015, 11:27 PM

Errr, it's pretty clear your video and post was asking about who's right and wrong about taking that spot, not about how aggressive he was backing in. So nice backtracking there man.

I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just bad at articulating what you want to say.

Tilly
01-24-2015, 11:28 PM
And yet nobody is asking why the driver of the Lexus changed parking stalls in the first place..

spikerS
01-24-2015, 11:31 PM
The Lexus is the dink. He pulled through, and left completely through the other side, decided he liked that spot better, and so backed up. if he backed up into the OP, it would have been his fault, 100%.

And to those that say it is illegal what the OP did, it isn't to my knowledge, and would challenge someone to show me the law that says it is illegal. I don't mind being wrong, but I don't think I am.

Canucks3322
01-24-2015, 11:38 PM
I was going to say, it's not illegal, but it's an unwritten rule and part of common courtesy. Just like if your are driving down a parking lot and someone is starting to back out you stop and let them even though it's technically up to them to wait for it to be clear. .. its just the polite thing to do i think.

gx12
01-24-2015, 11:40 PM

Errr, it's pretty clear your video and post was asking about who's right and wrong about taking that spot, not about how aggressive he was backing in. So nice backtracking there man.

I'll just give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're just bad at articulating what you want to say.

lol yeah pretty much that, I am not very good at these. that's why I barely post here, just lurking mostly but it's entertaining most the time.

so far is a good start of my vacation. Lake louise .. now this.:rofl:

Disoblige
01-24-2015, 11:44 PM
Lexus probably thought OP was letting him in, and he said thanks. If I was that far into the spot, I would have stayed there and used the horn if necessary.

This practice is not illegal, but it's poor driving etiquette. For example, if you were in a crowded lot like a mall or Superstore and you did this with lots of parked cars nearby, it'd be dangerous because drivers may not be able to anticipate you and both parties have poor visibility. Honestly I hate it so much when people do this there.

In this case, to me it looks like OP got bullied out of his spot and could have just used the horn to let the Lexus know.

spikerS
01-24-2015, 11:46 PM
I was going to say, it's not illegal, but it's an unwritten rule and part of common courtesy. Just like if your are driving down a parking lot and someone is starting to back out you stop and let them even though it's technically up to them to wait for it to be clear. .. its just the polite thing to do i think.

I think the OP was polite in backing up and letting the Lexus back in. The Lexus pulled through and left the other side. The OP had every right to pull through and park and assume the Lexus was leaving completely. The Lexus had even turned to the left.

Either way, it ended politely, the OP backed out and let the the douche back in, and if there was an accident, the Lexus would have been at fault.

gx12
01-24-2015, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by rob the knob

why make video and edit with fancy quotes?

call your mom. then go back with your dad to fix this.

really? fancy Quotes?
I don't think so lol, I was merely trying to point things out so it's easier for the viewers. :nut:

01RedDX
01-25-2015, 12:14 AM

gx12
01-25-2015, 12:14 AM

In this case, to me it looks like OP got bullied out of his spot and could have just used the horn to let the Lexus know.

I did used the horn and that "thank you" wasn't all that friendly.

Originally posted by spikerS

I think the OP was polite in backing up and letting the Lexus back in. The Lexus pulled through and left the other side. The OP had every right to pull through and park and assume the Lexus was leaving completely. The Lexus had even turned to the left.

Either way, it ended politely, the OP backed out and let the the douche back in, and if there was an accident, the Lexus would have been at fault.

true, I wasn't fighting with him for that spot, but he scared the crap out of me I thought he's going to back into me then I saw the backup camera and yeah it ended somewhat politely.

gx12
01-25-2015, 12:25 AM

Since you assumed that he moved out of his original parking spot to leave, isn't it fair for him to assume that you had already found your parking spot? You were clearly in another stall when he started to back up into his. ;) My point being, this is one of those 50/50 parking lot situations where there is no one clearly in the wrong; a collision would have resulted in a 50/50 liability split.

he saw me, and thought I was going to steal his spot that's why he backup so aggressively.

but I don't care if it's a 100% or 50/50, I back off as soon as I saw him backing up.:eek:, knock on wood, I haven't got into one single vehicle accident ever since I got my license 13years ago, and would hate this to be my first. :nut:

spikerS
01-25-2015, 12:28 AM
a collision would have resulted in a 50/50 liability split.

completely incorrect, especially with the dashcam video

Mar
01-25-2015, 12:45 AM
Everyone's ignoring the fact he had to cross over a solid line to get into that space and the entire purpose of a solid line is to let you know where you can and cannot go. It's a pretty clear cut case.

TomcoPDR
01-25-2015, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Tilly
And yet nobody is asking why the driver of the Lexus changed parking stalls in the first place..

That original Lexus spot across from the dumpsters is where you'd park if you want your bumpers raped (bad spot to park imo); so Lexus probably realizes and decide to move (which would be natural, pull up, then reverse into next spot).

I guess OP's lesson for "next time" could be either pull up the upper tandem spot so quick that 70% of your vehicle is in the front spot and just see who can sit there the longest.

I'm with the side that it is a courtesy/unwritten/experience driver common sense, in a non-blockaded tandem parking like that; that you only get the right of way to the side of the stall CLOSEST to the laneway you're traveling in. Regardless if you reverse or head first.

01RedDX
01-25-2015, 12:58 AM

tcon
01-25-2015, 02:05 AM
This is my parking space. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My parking space is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My parking space, without me, is useless. Without my parking space, I am useless. I must park my vehicle true. I must park straighter than my enemy who is trying to steal my space. I must block him before he blocks me. I will...
My parking space and I know that what counts in parking lot war is not the obscenities we yell, the noise of our horn, nor the gestures we make. We know that it is the laziness that counts. We will park...
My parking spot is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its lines, its length, its width and its location. I will keep my parking space clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My parking space and I are the defenders of my ego. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

My_name_is_Rob
01-25-2015, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Mar
Everyone's ignoring the fact he had to cross over a solid line to get into that space and the entire purpose of a solid line is to let you know where you can and cannot go. It's a pretty clear cut case.

I totally missed the solid line the first time I watched it. Had to watch it again, and still missed it. Where was the solid line?

If somebody backed in on me like that, I would assume that they weren't watching where they were going and where going hit me. And being such strange behavior, I probably wouldn't have assumed that they were going to stop where they did, in that row of vehicles.

And i can honestly say, that I have never heard of that unwritten rule before.

Star1995
01-25-2015, 08:34 AM
I don't see anyone being a dick or failing at parking, I see one car backing into a spot (happens everyday) another car driving forward into a spot (happens everyday) and since there are two spots one would assume that one car take each spot and that's exactly what happened. They call it sharing in kinder garden... Now post the video again with the audio, then we'll hear if there is any other information to change our minds on a "dick move". We've seen it many times, someone post a video and forgets to mute the sound and from the video alone it looks good, but listen to the audio and you get intent which becomes a dick move. Then after someone points it out the audio disappears. The OP appears IMO to be crafty enough to mute the audio, perhaps so we don't hear that he's listening to DISCO or perhaps he's planning on being a dick. He thinks that placing text on a video somehow justifies something, when I place text on a video it's usually the words to the Meow-Mix commercial and not text to try to point out things that are clearly obvious. Oh and thanks for telling us his license plate, I'll add that one to the data base in my mind and if I ever have a run in with him I'll... well I don't know what I'd do maybe tell him he was a nice guy for thanking you or ask him where he got his hat from. I know for sure I'll be keeping an eye out for him though now that I know his plate number. Crap I forgot it already, have to watch it again. Just one question though, why leave in the audio of him thanking you?:dunno:
Edit,
"Originally posted by Mar
Everyone's ignoring the fact he had to cross over a solid line to get into that space and the entire purpose of a solid line is to let you know where you can and cannot go. It's a pretty clear cut case."
Where is this line? I see snow

Unknown303
01-25-2015, 08:56 AM

This is how I'd deal with this situation as well. In a busy parking lot I wouldn't be pulling through a stall if there was a vehicle on the other side. But I do realize that the Lake Louise parking lots don't really have any markings from what I remember I always treat a parking lot as having marked stalls. Since I just hate when people drive through parking lots like they can do whatever they want (Like the red line below). I always try to treat each stall as something I shouldn't be crossing over into another one from (Like the green line below).

http://i.imgur.com/bxfbGi1.jpg

C_Dave45
01-25-2015, 09:21 AM

Ooooo...THAT'LL fix 'im!!!

true, I wasn't fighting with him for that spot, but he scared the crap out of me I thought he's going to back into me......

Glad you're alright...want us to call someone for you?

Honestly...THESE are the types of interactions that upset you??!!!
Jesus, I would've forgotten about it before I locked and closed my door.

:facepalm:

GQBalla
01-25-2015, 09:36 AM
9Fo-Jckl_MU

FixedGear
01-25-2015, 09:52 AM
OP is the dickhead for getting all bent outta shape over such a non-incident. seriously, uploading a muted and captioned video w/ Lexus' license plate and then whining about it on beyond? you need to take up knitting or something.

gx12
01-25-2015, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by C_Dave45

Glad you're alright...want us to call someone for you?

Honestly...THESE are the types of interactions that upset you??!!!
Jesus, I would've forgotten about it before I locked and closed my door.

:facepalm:

oh if you caught by surprise of someone back into you aggressively like that, you wouldn't get a little mad at first? good for you Dave, good for you!

I thought it's an interesting interaction, that's why I wanted to see other's thought of "who's wrong?" on this public forum, this seems upset you more though.

and yes Dave, it's forgotten soon after I closed my door then we were on our way to the ice show.

GQBalla
01-25-2015, 10:39 AM

oh if you caught by surprise of someone back into you aggressively like that, you wouldn't get a little mad at first? good for you Dave, good for you!

I thought it's an interesting interaction, that's why I wanted to see other's thought of "who's wrong?" on this public forum, this seems upset you more though.

and yes Dave, it's forgotten soon after I closed my door then we were on our way to the ice show.

Don't know how you forgot it when you dwelled enough to make a video with minor editing. Upload, post, call him a smart ass and then proceed to try to back up your side of the story.

Your video clearly showed him with the reverse lights on. You had time to back out quick but you just sat there backing up slowly.

You're wrong. Accept it

thinmyster
01-25-2015, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by FixedGear
OP is the dickhead for getting all bent outta shape over such a non-incident. seriously, uploading a muted and captioned video w/ Lexus' license plate and then whining about it on beyond? you need to take up knitting or something.

Couldn't have said it better! Clearly it ruined you day which is the funniest part. I'm surprised you didn't circle the lot a few more times looking for that perfect parking spot, get fed up and tell the kids "That's it! We're headed home!" :rofl:

gx12
01-25-2015, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by FixedGear

this video captioned just show my point of view, and asked a forum who's at wrong here and it's muted because of noise from kids/family inside, not I am trying to hide anything, dickhead!

to be honest, I dont know why I had the License plate captioned, maybe I seem too many dashcam videos of people do that to their videos :nut:

Star1995
01-25-2015, 10:44 AM

true, I wasn't fighting with him for that spot, but he scared the crap out of me I thought he's going to back into me then I saw the backup camera and yeah it ended somewhat politely.

I didn't hear a horn! I'll listen again, nope no horn. Until we hear the audio the OP appears to pull too far forward when parking, looks like the OP is not very good at judging where he should have stopped and was about to take up two spots. Good for him for realizing his mistake and making room for others.

Tik-Tok
01-25-2015, 10:45 AM
You aren't going to get anywhere here, the Beyond herd mentality has spoken. No one has even bothered to answer this very good question from page 1.

Originally posted by FraserB
Can someone post the section that prohits what OP was going to go? Can't find it anywhere.

GQBalla
01-25-2015, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Star1995

I didn't hear a horn! I'll listen again, nope no horn. Until we hear the audio the OP appears to pull too far forward when parking, looks like the OP is not very good at judging where he should have stopped and was about to take up two spots. Good for him for realizing his mistake and making room for others.
It was slippery. And with 13 years of driving and not having any accidents. He couldn't react fast enough to throw it in reverse right when he saw the reverse tail lights on. When he did reverse. He reversed slowly because he was afraid of being backed up into. :rofl:

FraserB
01-25-2015, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Mar

Any other great Mar-ism. What lines? And for reference, a solid line doesn't always mean you can't cross it.

Certainly not in the case of some nonsense “unwritten rule” that people have made up for whatever reason.

gx12
01-25-2015, 11:03 AM

Don't know how you forgot it when you dwelled enough to make a video with minor editing. Upload, post, call him a smart ass and then proceed to try to back up your side of the story.

Your video clearly showed him with the reverse lights on. You had time to back out quick but you just sat there backing up slowly.

You're wrong. Accept it

I posted an interaction of what I thought was interesting debate, that's why I asked beyond here "who's wrong here?" where you read here that says "I'm 100% right?" this whole video was just my point of view from inside my car. smartass.

i don't have a fisheye vision like my camera, so i didn't see him stopped there with reverse light on for that first what.. 2sec? when i thought he's leaving. smartass.

and in case you didn't read, I backed out slowly because I was in a busy parking lot in lake louise where there's cars/people coming from behind, smartass.

so, everyone that post their drivecam videos here because the owner is all mad and upset all those times up until they are posting the video? is smartass a bad word or something to you?
:banghead: :nut:

gx12
01-25-2015, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
You aren't going to get anywhere here, the Beyond herd mentality has spoken. No one has even bothered to answer this very good question from page 1.

nope, no where at all, it's beyond after all. and I have no idea where I want this to go or it's suppose end somewhere if that's what you meant.
I fail at posting period. lol

though it's interesting read of how other's think and something to do on the side since I am off for 8 days staring at my monitor.

G
01-25-2015, 11:15 AM
The Lexus looks :bigpimp: the rims look :thumbsup:

GQBalla
01-25-2015, 11:32 AM

I posted an interaction of what I thought was interesting debate, that's why I asked beyond here "who's wrong here?" where you read here that says "I'm 100% right?" this whole video was just my point of view from inside my car. smartass.

i don't have a fisheye vision like my camera, so i didn't see him stopped there with reverse light on for that first what.. 2sec? when i thought he's leaving. smartass.

and in case you didn't read, I backed out slowly because I was in a busy parking lot in lake louise where there's cars/people coming from behind, smartass.

so, everyone that post their drivecam videos here because the owner is all mad and upset all those times up until they are posting the video? is smartass a bad word or something to you?
:banghead: :nut:

You said in your first post guy thinks he's 101% right. With the :banghead:Your words not mine. You didn't see his reverse lights on? You don't see out of your windshield ? its right there. Okay I'll give you that. Some people get tunnel vision when they drive fast in a parking lot. You pulled in probably twice as fast then you backing out. Because, The parking lot was busy. You're right. I am a smart ass just because you can't handle the critiques of your supposed "forgotten moment". I noticed you didn't bring that up either. When did I say smart ass is a bad word? Quit assuming. You're probably never wrong right?

GQBalla
01-25-2015, 11:35 AM
And I just rewatched your video. If you'd didn't see the back up lights when it was right to the left of the middle of your cameras POV. I would suggest getting your eyes checked. Or at least looking out the entire windshield.

spikerS
01-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Is the Lexus driver a prominent member of Beyond or something? Why the fuck is everyone jumping the "pound OP's ass" here when he DID NOTHING WRONG?

The Lexus Driver is completely in the wrong in every part of this! The OP did not break ANY LAW, this is just the fucking sheep here deciding to create their own entertainment because they have someone to rag on.

This reminds me of junior high...:banghead:

gx12
01-25-2015, 11:53 AM

You said in your first post guy thinks he's 101% right. With the :banghead:Your words not mine. You didn't see his reverse lights on? You don't see out of your windshield ? its right there. Okay I'll give you that. Some people get tunnel vision when they drive fast in a parking lot. You pulled in probably twice as fast then you backing out. Because, The parking lot was busy. You're right. I am a smart ass just because you can't handle the critiques of your supposed "forgotten moment". I noticed you didn't bring that up either. When did I say smart ass is a bad word? Quit assuming. You're probably never wrong right?

that's exactly what I said, that's right. so I didn't agree he's 101% right, but I didn't say I was 101% right either, I was asking you(forum) "who's wrong?" with me showing my point of view with a video. that was what I posted.

and when you are driving in an open spot with two parked vehicles beside it, yes I ASSUME it's safe, correct me if I am wrong on this.

and, you might be right on the tunnel vision thing, in my mind:
1.stall is free/open
2.no one else is around except that lexus is leaving the lot.

gx12
01-25-2015, 11:57 AM
Is the Lexus driver a prominent member of Beyond or something? Why the fuck is everyone jumping the "pound OP's ass" here when he DID NOTHING WRONG?

The Lexus Driver is completely in the wrong in every part of this! The OP did not break ANY LAW, this is just the fucking sheep here deciding to create their own entertainment because they have someone to rag on.

in a way, these forums are for entertainment whether is positive or negative.

16hypen3sp
01-25-2015, 12:05 PM
I'm with OP on this one.

Lexus pulled a ridiculous move.

GQBalla
01-25-2015, 12:08 PM

that's exactly what I said, that's right. so I didn't agree he's 101% right, but I didn't say I was 101% right either, I was asking you(forum) "who's wrong?" with me showing my point of view with a video. that was what I posted.

and when you are driving in an open spot with two parked vehicles beside it, yes I ASSUME it's safe, correct me if I am wrong on this.

and, you might be right on the tunnel vision thing, in my mind:
1.stall is free/open
2.no one else is around except that lexus is leaving the lot.

I said assume about the smartasss being a bad word supposedly but since you're assumin no one else is around except the Lexus. You just contradicted yourself backing up fast enough. Post the whole video with the sound ending at the point of you turning off the car.

To put it into context, you're wrong. I never did say you broke a law though. Just common courteousy

gx12
01-25-2015, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by thinmyster

Couldn't have said it better! Clearly it ruined you day which is the funniest part. I'm surprised you didn't circle the lot a few more times looking for that perfect parking spot, get fed up and tell the kids "That's it! We're headed home!" :rofl:

:drama:
which part was it that it ruined my day? is it that I post an interaction with an other driver when I'm home? well then that's a lot of ruined days in that drivecam section.

and FYI, that spot was right in front of me, wide open. I wasn't LOOKING for that perfect spot. in case you didn't read and say that lexus was there, well he was leaving from my pov. don't get fed up alright.

C_Dave45
01-25-2015, 12:22 PM

Well, neither did the Lexus driver. He decided to grab a different parking spot, and backed into an available one. :dunno: He was even courteous enough to thank the OP.

But it was the OP that took the time and effort to go publicly to garner support about a completely common, everyday, non-issue occurrence. And then try to lay blame and say how terrified he was.

There's no LAW at issue here, I wouldn't even say "etiquette".
I don't know how many times I've tried to pull through a parking spot so I can go forward when I leave, and then notice someone wanting the same spot. "Uh..sorry, I'll just back up here". End of issue.

The only "junior high" going on here is the OP continually trying to justify himself.

leftwing
01-25-2015, 12:22 PM

Haha, once the first few posts agree with another, everyone jumps on that bandwagon.

I would think backing into a parking spot in a crowded lot is just as much as a 'hazard' as pulling through.

Im willing to bet 100% of people in this thread have pulled the exact same parking move as OP (pulling through), they just didn't have a dick head driver to deal with.

gx12
01-25-2015, 12:23 PM

I said assume about the smartasss being a bad word supposedly but since you're assumin no one else is around except the Lexus. You just contradicted yourself backing up fast enough. Post the whole video with the sound ending at the point of you turning off the car.

To put it into context, you're wrong. I never did say you broke a law though. Just common courteousy

common courtesy, nice.

that's right, I didn't see anyone else around at the other side of parking lot, except that lexus there pulling out of a stall.

did you see the guy coming out of his truck on my side of the lot, him and his wife was behind the tailgate putting on their ski shoes, and there's cars and people walking up the lot to lake louise for the show.
so, I take extra caution backing out just in case. as it's just COMMON COURTESY!

oh and thanks, I thought I broke the law in your book, phew!

:goflames:

Unknown303
01-25-2015, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

Any other great Mar-ism. What lines? And for reference, a solid line doesn't always mean you can't cross it.

Certainly not in the case of some nonsense “unwritten rule” that people have made up for whatever reason.

So in a parking lot you can drive around where ever you want and park where ever you want?

Originally posted by leftwing

Haha, once the first few posts agree with another, everyone jumps on that bandwagon.

I would think backing into a parking spot in a crowded lot is just as much as a 'hazard' as pulling through.

Im willing to bet 100% of people in this thread have pulled the exact same parking move as OP (pulling through), they just didn't have a dick head driver to deal with.

I wouldn't pull through to sandwich myself between to other cars.. I'd probably try to park in the middle of fucking no where so I didn't have anyone else parking near me.

dj_rice
01-25-2015, 12:25 PM

Well, neither did the Lexus driver. He decided to grab a different parking spot, and backed into an available one. :dunno: He was even courteous enough to thank the OP.

But it was the OP that took the time and effort to go publicly to garner support about a completely common, everyday, non-issue occurrence. And then try to lay blame and say how terrified he was.

I don't know how many times I've tried to pull through a parking spot so I can go forward when I leave, and then notice someone wanting the same spot. "Uh..sorry, I'll just back up here". End of issue.

The only "junior high" going on here is the OP continually trying to justify himself.

DING DING DING. Last statement is bang on.

gx12
01-25-2015, 12:37 PM

lol, did you missed a part of my as some said it, fancy quoted video or something?
for one if I knew he was going for that spot as he was pulling out of there, sure he can have it, I have plenty on my side. I am not the guy to fight over a stupid parking stall.

unless I worded it wrong in the first place... he was just being on the bully side with his rearview camera trying to back in faster, aggressively inching on me, as if he didn't even see me there, that's why I thought he was going to back into me, and that's the part I get a little, just a little ok? upset, up to the point of shortly after I closed my doors.:D

C_Dave45
01-25-2015, 12:47 PM

lol, did you missed a part of my as some said it, fancy quoted video or something?
for one if I knew he was going for that spot as he was pulling out of there, sure he can have it, I have plenty on my side. I am not the guy to fight over a stupid parking stall.

unless I worded it wrong in the first place... he was just being on the bully side with his rearview camera trying to back in faster, aggressively inching on me, as if he didn't even see me there, that's why I thought he was going to back into me, and that's the part I get a little, just a little ok? upset, up to the point of shortly after I closed my doors.:D

Since you want to dissect this ridiculous issue...okay...I'll play.

You watched him leave a parking spot. As you're starting to turn into your parking spot (at the :09 second mark) you can clearly see the vehicle slightly turn his wheels to the right. The minute I see a vehicle do this, my first thought is "Oh, he's going to back into a spot". You pull into a parking spot, clearly seeing his vehicle still.

Then at the :10 second mark, his back-up lights are on...further confirming his intent. You haven't even pulled into the spot in front, yet you continue to pull forward, AFTER seeing his backup lights on.

http://i61.tinypic.com/2mnjix0.png

Now either you're an extremely inattentive driver, or you're a passive aggressive jerk, that just wants to prove your own "innocence" and then go looking for mass approval.

Fuck sakes. You both wanted the same parking spot, you each got one. what the fuck is the big deal here??!!!!

Let it go man....let it go.

gx12
01-25-2015, 12:53 PM

Post the whole video with the sound ending at the point of you turning off the car.

man, you make me sound like I am hiding something from the video.

but hey Balla, if you(or anyone lol) are in the area of Coventry hill, give me a shout, I will be happy to show you the whole video with audio up to the point of me leaving my house 7am in the morning. ok? I am sure the memory card still have that as I don't normally delete them since they overwrite each other.
and I will do the translation for the audio, well you might not trust me, but bring a translator if you can.

heading to Costco now... oh, I am all prepared for the next guy pulling out of a parking stall that might wanted the same spot that's in front of me. :thumbsup:

Unknown303
01-25-2015, 01:02 PM

man, you make me sound like I am hiding something from the video.

but hey Balla, if you(or anyone lol) are in the area of Coventry hill, give me a shout, I will be happy to show you the whole video with audio up to the point of me leaving my house 7am in the morning. ok? I am sure the memory card still have that as I don't normally delete them since they overwrite each other.
and I will do the translation for the audio, well you might not trust me, but bring a translator if you can.

heading to Costco now... oh, I am all prepared for the next guy pulling out of a parking stall that might wanted the same spot that's in front of me. :thumbsup:

just ram them next time, then you'd have a really sweet video.

gx12
01-25-2015, 01:03 PM

Fuck sakes. You both wanted the same parking spot, you each got one. what the fuck is the big deal here??!!!!

Let it go man....let it go.

you are the one should let me go :nut:, screenshot a video of this type doesn't work.

with that, at :10 I was at the bumper of other parked cars, that's when he got the reverse light on, and I was going maybe ~15km/h I don't remember. and I did brake JUST after :10 when I saw his reverse light, it just too bad my tires didn't get enough grip to stop within 1sec of the frame.
remember though, drivecam video make things far away sometimes.

16hypen3sp
01-25-2015, 01:26 PM
The Lexus moving from spot to spot was unnecessary to begin with. Am I missing something? All he did was move two spots over. It's just a fuck around.

SCHIDER23
01-25-2015, 01:40 PM
:rofl: LMAO some of the guys ragging on the OP, man you guys sound like pro drivers/experts, which makes 90% of Beyond no?lol. I wonder how many of you follow the "LAW" to the letter?

Also of those saying the op took the time to edit a video, put caption on it makes him a sore loser, and should go back to daddy, well I hate to burst your bubble so are all the ones that CSI the damn thing, since you took the time to write multiple paragraphs/posts explaining why you feel the guy was wrong been a dick as well, going back and forth to look at the video which is only a few minutes for fuck sakes.

The funny part is, some decided to analyzed the video by the second, even screen captured the moment when the "rules" where broken hahahaha, demanding audio to make a better decision, come on give me a break. I laugh when the "rule" about not going over a solid line in empty parking lot is no go, and must go around not thru empty parking spots. I bet most don't follow what they preached here at Beyond, but I guess you like to nudge each other, shake hands in excitement that the rules where once again stated for somebody with a newbie tag, so those of us who don't know how to drive beyond style, can be enlighten LMAO.
:rofl::rolleyes:

CanmoreOrLess
01-25-2015, 03:49 PM
It's a parking spot, hardly Vimy Ridge or your GF's holyiest of holies.