PDA

View Full Version : LF. Handyman who can help install an OTR microwave

Neil4Speed
01-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Hey Beyond,

Thought I would reach out here to see if anyone could refer me to find a handyman who could help me install an OTR microwave. I already have one in the location that I want to install it, just replacing black with Stainless.

I'm also willing to help with the task, as I know hoisting it up etc is a two person job.

Thanks in advance.

A790
01-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Paging spikerS.

MGCM
01-27-2015, 12:57 PM
well since im in layoff its possible this is something I can do. Let me check with a journeyman friend of mine, not like I havent installed a ton of those 4x4 squares, cant be that hard to hook up the OTR.

sputnik
01-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by MGCM
well since im in layoff its possible this is something I can do. Let me check with a journeyman friend of mine, not like I havent installed a ton of those 4x4 squares, cant be that hard to hook up the OTR.

It is dead simple.

Honestly I would recommend removing it yourself just so you can see how simple it is to install.

My brother-in-law and I installed mine in under an hour.

01RedDX
01-27-2015, 01:43 PM

sputnik
01-27-2015, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
I replaced mine by myself. Yeah, it's a bit awkward lifting the new one by yourself, but it's doable.

Having someone to help you lift it into place (or to remove the old one) is a good idea. The last thing you want is to have it come crashing down onto your ceran top stove.

01RedDX
01-27-2015, 02:53 PM

masoncgy
01-30-2015, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX

I recommend pulling the stove out completely, makes the install much easier.

This... and definitely have a helper. I put one up alone shortly after we moved and my wife was unable to assist (pregnancy bedrest)... and it wasn't so much fun.

It's totally simple though.

danno
01-30-2015, 09:40 AM
I'm sure it's easier with out the stove but not a big deal I've done 20+ of these all by myself. Just use the templates drill your holes, mount your bracket on the wall, hang on bracket, push up, put bolts in. Done.

If your in the Deep South give me a shout.

mr2mike
01-30-2015, 11:20 AM
If you're not too far away from me. PM me.
Done a few. Probably not cheaper than spikerS.

One potential issue is if the new and old bolt holes into the cabinet are off a little. Had to use a large washer to ensure the bolt wouldn't pull through.

Neil4Speed
01-30-2015, 01:00 PM
Thanks for all the offers guys, Spikers is planning to come today.

Neil4Speed
01-31-2015, 10:39 AM
Hello All, Spikers came by on Friday and set up my Microwave, thanks for the refferal. Can't say enough good about this guy, Great work, Punctual, and very enjoyable to talk to. Did my electrical socket and the microwave in just about an hour!

Thanks Spikers!