PDA

View Full Version : installing taillights

samhdz
03-08-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm new hear, and don't know if i'm asking this at the right place..but i'll put it out there anyway. I am interested in buying some new altezza's for my corolla, but don't want to get something i can't put in myself. Does anyone know what i'll need or just how to install them without screwing anything up? Any help or suggestions would be cool.

pile_0_crap
03-08-2004, 12:10 PM
screw driver, common sense. very easy

samhdz
03-08-2004, 12:13 PM
i've heard to be careful and make sure everything seals back correctly...to prevent leaks ...is it an issue or just putting it all back the same way it came out is fool proof?

Seanith
03-08-2004, 12:16 PM
Installing tailights is so easy. All you'll have to do is figure out how they are attached to the car, and use a ratchet or something to take them off.. you'll have to seal the altezzas if they are shitty quality, but thats to be expected right?

Chester
03-08-2004, 05:16 PM
altezzas:rolleyes:

Def_3
03-08-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Chester
altezzas:rolleyes:

:confused:

Ferio_vti
03-08-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by samhdz
i've heard to be careful and make sure everything seals back correctly...to prevent leaks ...is it an issue or just putting it all back the same way it came out is fool proof?

If you're just changing taillights, its a matter of unscrewing/unbolting the stock lights and puting the new ones in. It doesn't involve taking the stock lights apart, where resealing would be an issuing.

powerslave
03-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
you'll have to seal the altezzas if they are shitty quality,

Heh, I was surprised at the quality of my altezzas. The thing is, I got them off e-bay thinking I was buying something else (the guy was advertising all clears, but it turned out to be altezzas) but was too lazy to do anything about it and just stuck with them. They're pretty good quality, had no problems fitting them on the car and no leaks either.

Also, I don't see what peoples beef is with altezzas... :dunno:

Seanith
03-08-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by powerslave

Also, I don't see what peoples beef is with altezzas... :dunno:

I used to have altezzas, and the quality was lacking at best. Also as more people started to get them, I realized they look tacky and just plain ugly IMO.

samhdz
03-09-2004, 09:45 AM
:drama: thanks for the helpful tips, but i didn't know there was a issue with these type of lights? I just thought they looked better than the stock lights.....oh well, it's obviously a matter of preference

Seanith
03-09-2004, 02:25 PM
You'll see how preferences change.. trust me. Save your money and get something worthwhile. Just my $0.02.