PDA

View Full Version : $48 bbl oil

Pages : 1 2 [3]

icky2unk
03-20-2015, 09:37 AM
http://globalnews.ca/news/1892843/why-gas-prices-are-going-up-as-oil-prices-drop/

roopi
03-20-2015, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

What's happening with these cheap trucks is that they're being shipped down to the US. Americans can't get enough of them with our cheap dollar.

Aren't vehicles already much cheaper in the states anyways?

roopi
03-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by icky2unk
http://globalnews.ca/news/1892843/why-gas-prices-are-going-up-as-oil-prices-drop/

Always a reason to keep gas prices high. Supply, demand, dollar, long weekend, strike, etc.

HiTempguy1
03-20-2015, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by roopi

Aren't vehicles already much cheaper in the states anyways?

Ya, but they are an additional 20% off here now if buying in USD and all the people (oil patch workers) can't buy them since they are out of jobs.

r3ccOs
03-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Ya, but they are an additional 20% off here now if buying in USD and all the people (oil patch workers) can't buy them since they are out of jobs.

there is a HUGE market for off lease service trucks...

Low KM, off lease, full mainteance history & remaining warranty for a low low price!!!

except 40k km on lease roads is a lifetime of wear, but the consumre in the US doesn't have to know that!

ExtraSlow
03-20-2015, 11:05 AM
The consumer in BC also doesn't know that. A lot of fleet trucks are trucked out to the Okanagan to get their second life.

r3ccOs
03-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
The consumer in BC also doesn't know that. A lot of fleet trucks are trucked out to the Okanagan to get their second life.

ehe broker guy I know, goes quite literially to an entire fleet on behalf of Hyatt to look at and bid on vehicles, and Ford leasing themselves offers some incredible volume discounting &&& typically these trucks never end up at the lots, but rather in the broker/dealer network and truck out across the US & Canada

Sugarphreak
03-20-2015, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Also to the Island

There are patches of the Island that are even more red-neck than Alberta (namely Courtney), and used trucks are gobbled up the second they hit the lots.

Thales of Miletus
03-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Also to the Island

There are patches of the Island that are even more red-neck than Alberta (namely Courtney), and used trucks are gobbled up the second they hit the lots.

Courtenay is just full of coke heads, it isn't redneck.

No province in Canada is close to being as redneck as Alberta.

p.s. Cranes are used by boilermakers and ironworkers.

msommers
03-20-2015, 08:28 PM
Go to Sask. It's like going back in time to what AB was in the 80's :rofl:

Thales of Miletus
03-20-2015, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Go to Sask. It's like going back in time to what AB was in the 80's :rofl:

I didn't realize that Saskatchewan was so backward. I think of Saskatchewan as the home of Tommy Douglas.

masoncgy
03-20-2015, 11:51 PM
Port Alberni has Courtenay beat on the redneck front... haha.

Thales of Miletus
03-21-2015, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by masoncgy

When I think of Redneck places in B.C. I think of Drunken Duncan and Trail.

15 years ago, Trail B.C. was like the valley of death and despair.

Sugarphreak
03-21-2015, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by masoncgy

Anywhere north of CR is pretty much a shit show, lol

I could see that with the "arts and culture" community in Comox spreading like a hippie fueled yeast infection. However it still has it's moments; last year when I drove through there I was tail gated by a douchebag in a super-duty blasting country music and sporting a cowboy hat, lol.

Thales of Miletus
03-21-2015, 03:47 PM

Anywhere north of CR is pretty much a shit show, lol

I could see that with the "arts and culture" community in Comox spreading like a hippie fueled yeast infection. However it still has it's moments; last year when I drove through there I was tail gated by a douchebag in a super-duty blasting country music and sporting a cowboy hat, lol.

Courtenay has Mount Washington, Miracle Beach, Hornby Island, awesome fishing, and nature in every direction. But if you spend your life focusing on the negative, that is all you will find.

Sugarphreak
03-21-2015, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Thales of Miletus
Courtney has Mount Washington, Miracle Beach, Hornby Island, awesome fishing, and nature in every direction.

Quite the spatter shot, did you read a tourist pamphlet or something?

Thales of Miletus
03-21-2015, 09:15 PM

Quite the spatter shot, did you read a tourist pamphlet or something?

Nope, I lived all over B.C. I would say that I know Courtenay quite well.

p.s. I hope this doesn't turn into a debate about whether I actually know Courtenay or not.

edit for the p.s.

Sugarphreak
03-21-2015, 09:22 PM
So how long did you live in Courtney?

Becuase I lived in that area for 20 years

This is kind of like the crane thing all over again

firebane
03-21-2015, 09:30 PM
LOL fuck Courtenay and that little area bunch of shit hole little towns.

Sugarphreak
03-21-2015, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by firebane
LOL fuck Courtenay and that little area bunch of shit hole little towns.
+1

Courtney is the Prince George of the Island

That is where a lot of these oil field trucks are going... They fit in perfectly with the other shit box cars people drive there.

rx7_turbo2
03-21-2015, 09:59 PM
The Island is a very strange place.

I spent a number of years out there as well. Nanaimo can be downright scary. I saw more violence in bars and clubs in that town than anywhere else I've lived.

Most of the people I hung around with out there had never been off the Island, some had never been South of Duncan or North of Campbell River.

Thales of Miletus
03-21-2015, 11:04 PM
So how long did you live in Courtney?

Becuase I lived in that area for 20 years

This is kind of like the crane thing all over again

The Crane? You mean where you have to prove that I don't know anything about anything?

I know Courtenay very well as I travelled all through B.C. Lets see. You could go to Jiggers if you wanted jailbait, or the Loft for that matter. But the place I liked to go for a beer was the Whistle Stop.

If you wanted to buy a nice ball cap, you would go to Happy's Sportsmart. Feel like Eggs Benny, the Atlas Cafe would be your best bet. If you want to go for a dip, you could go up to the wave pool up in Comox by NIC, or go jump off the Oyster River bridge.

If you like tennis you could go down to Lewis park, unless the Tsolum river hasn't overflowed it's banks again. If you like to fish, go off Kitty Coleman and fish the trench located offshore about 3/4 of a mile.

P.S. Does that prove to you that I know something about Courtenay? Can we end the flame war now?

Thales of Miletus
03-21-2015, 11:59 PM
repost

Disoblige
03-22-2015, 12:17 AM
P.S. Does that prove to you that I know something about Courtenay? A town that you lived in for twenty years, but can't spell the name of correctly.
Sugarphreak, did you just get owned by Thales? :rofl:

Sugarphreak
03-22-2015, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

No, my phone spell checks it to that every time

Also, Thales knows nothing of cranes or the Island aside from what he reads on wiki

r3ccOs
03-22-2015, 09:42 AM

cause this means anything at all in regards to how redneck a town is in relativity to 48 dollar oil

:P

Sugarphreak
03-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by r3ccOs

cause this means anything at all in regards to how redneck a town is in relativity to 48 dollar oil

:P

To be fair, I actually had a relevant point in bringing up the redneck town as an outlet for oil field trucks... Thales is being his usual douchebag self and derailing the entire fucking thread so he can tout about his time spent as a transient

Tik-Tok
03-22-2015, 10:53 AM

Not really, anyone who's actually spent time there knows Lewis Park is on the Puntledge. Sure, Tsolum feeds into it right there, but when talking about Lewis park, EVERYONE says Puntledge....

Although Sugarphreak is wrong about one thing, Courtenay is way less redneck than surrounding areas. The rednecks live in Cumberland, and just work/shop in Courtenay, also Campbell River is far more redneck :poosie:

(He's not the only one who grew up in the area)

Sugarphreak
03-22-2015, 01:06 PM
The last time I was in Cumberland I saw a 3 wolfs and a moon tee shirt featured front and centre in the window on mainstreet :rofl:

...and I am 99% sure they were doing it because they thought it was cool, and not because it had become an internet meme

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/5771144/twilight-three-wolf-moon

Thales of Miletus
03-22-2015, 02:36 PM

No, my phone spell checks it to that every time

Also, Thales knows nothing of cranes or the Island aside from what he reads on wiki

Do you ever get tired or going online, just to put other people down?

Sugarphreak
03-22-2015, 03:26 PM

Do you ever get tired or going online, just to put other people down?

https://hague6185.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/post-8794-1403702267.gif

Thales of Miletus
03-22-2015, 03:30 PM
Lameness

Ah, The old, accuse others of doing what you are actually doing, technique.

Instead of putting people down all the time. Why don't you try engaging in conversations?

You never asked me anything about Courtenay. You just asserted that I didn't know anything. Just like you assumed that I didn't know anything about jurisdictions for cranes.

How about this for an idea. Instead of constantly derailing threads, with your need to conduct yourself like a child, why don't you start a thread dedicated to insulting me? Then you and your ilk can carry on all you want.

Sugarphreak
03-22-2015, 03:58 PM
Ah, The old, accuse others of doing what you are actually doing, technique. It isn't an accusation, it is a fact

Instead of putting people down all the time. Why don't you try engaging in conversations? A conversation with you is an endless black hole, kind of like how you are still insisting on derailing this thread

You never asked me anything about Courtenay. You just asserted that I didn't know anything. Just like you assumed that I didn't know anything about jurisdictions for cranes.
I asked you how long you lived there... you avoided the question and never answered. Now you are accusing me of not asking you questions? Again... it is a black hole trying to have a conversation with you.

Your understanding of these two subjects is poor at best

YHow about this for an idea. Instead of constantly derailing threads, with your need to conduct yourself like a child, why don't you start a thread dedicated to insulting me? Then you and your ilk can carry on all you want. Did you seriously wrap an insult in an accusation of being insulted? I'd say well done, only it is obvious you have no clue you did it.

I have no interest in insulting you Thales... only refuting your poorly thought out ideas, backwards points of views, and assertions that you are smarter than everybody else.

Thales of Miletus
03-22-2015, 04:03 PM
^^^^Hyperbole and bullshit. Welcome to ignore.

msommers
03-22-2015, 04:41 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/33/33bf55cfecd9e0b4f3c3911ad004d9d7caef6c8fb636d44948ef6e1c4c418ab9.jpg

Thales of Miletus
03-22-2015, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by msommers
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/33/33bf55cfecd9e0b4f3c3911ad004d9d7caef6c8fb636d44948ef6e1c4c418ab9.jpg

LOL Nah. But I do get a kick out of people, who type out long winded explanation of their character. Not for reasons of actually talking to the person they are responding to, but instead to make themselves look like the supreme being.

Sugarpheak believes that climate change is a hoax. What else needs to be said?

Thales of Miletus
03-22-2015, 04:58 PM
The feds 24 million ad campaign to promote oil.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/03/22/go-big-inside-the-24-_n_6919062.html?utm_hp_ref=canada

r3ccOs
03-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Toma/Thales, or whomever one of many personalities that Toma has taken on...

all your responses are contencious, dismissive and typcially simple grandstanding retoric

honestly GTFO, nobody likes you... and take buttrash and mr. goodperson with you

Thales of Miletus
03-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Toma/Thales, or whomever one of many personalities that Toma has taken on...

all your responses are contencious, dismissive and typcially simple grandstanding retoric

honestly GTFO, nobody likes you... and take buttrash and mr. goodperson with you

Get out of what? The internet? I didn't know that you had laid claim to it.

Perhaps if you are going to assess me you should learn to spell the words you use to do it.

Contentious, typically, rhetoric.

p.s. The people that your type attack, I find to be well spoken and intelligent. I see nothing wrong with Robin, Toma, or many others that get grief from your type.

killramos
03-22-2015, 05:56 PM

Perhaps if you are going to assess me you should learn to spell the words you use to do it.

Oh now YOU are going to lecture people on their spelling?

Do you have the worlds shortest memory or something?

:rofl:

insert pot calling the kettle black picture here once again...

r3ccOs
03-22-2015, 05:57 PM

Get out of what? The internet? I didn't know that you had laid claim to it.

Contentious, typically, rhetoric.

p.s. The people that your type attack, I find to be well spoken and intelligent. I see nothing wrong with Robin, Toma, or many others that get grief from your type.

you're right, I didn't use spell check... but of course, you in your infinant, omnipotent wisdom would never need spell check, cause in your world, you invented language.

yes my "type"... please coin what my "type" is! Am I "sheeple"? Again some sort of internet referenced term coined by foil hat wearing conspiracists?

you, robin, toma (you), and buttrash are experts of nothing, nothing, not one thing, and what you have posted in your time here as Toma or with this handle, exerts not one ounce of credibilty

no worries though... I wont' threaten your life like other beyond members lol

back to $48 oil, and to promote why Iran is such a amazing country and how Canada needs to take example to merge its goverment into an Islamic ran state.

that being said... who's pissed at the pumps that regular is at 95!!! FFS, I love how we pump/sell our bitumen, WCS, syntehtic upgrades to the US refineries at substantial tax deductions, thank you NAFTA, and when it returns as finished product, it reflects currency differences and taxed up the wazzoo

Thales of Miletus
03-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by killramos

Oh now YOU are going to lecture people on their spelling?

Do you have the worlds shortest memory or something?

:rofl:

insert pot calling the kettle black picture here once again...

You might wonder what I mean when I say "you people". I see your sort as a group of people who would rather believe in cultural memes than truth. A privileged bunch who's affluence has left them without a sense of empathy or morality. I my opinion your type only reacts to that which you think may reach into your wallet. In your world, the meek, the disabled, and the poor, are the evil takers who are unjustly limiting your opulence.

You think Climate Change science, is an attempt by the environazis to ruin good hearted corporations. That regulation is killing the capitalistic principles of Milton Friedman. And that social justice and morality are something that limits superior men like yourself.

In short, you went all in with the ME ME ME generation.

You defend each other, and defend your philosophy of "Me", against any concept that would benefit society at the cost of your ability to exploit your way to the top.

killramos
03-22-2015, 06:15 PM

I my opinion your type only

Milton Fredman

Thanks for those 2 pieces of gold to prove my point. :rofl:

And you are right, I will definitely defend all of these fine people on this site who point out your complete bullshit at every turn.

I sure as hell am not going to defend you :nut:

Thales of Miletus
03-22-2015, 06:16 PM

Again some sort of internet referenced term coined by foil hat wearing conspiracists?

I believe climate change is happening. Is that a tinfoil conspiracy iyo?

You, robin, toma (you), and buttrash are experts of nothing, nothing, not one thing, and what you have posted in your time here as Toma or with this handle, exerts not one ounce of credibilty
I can not speak to the other people you listed, but I am always happy to engage in intelligent debate.

back to $48 oil, and to promote why Iran is such a amazing country and how Canada needs to take example to merge its goverment into an Islamic ran state.

I predict, Oil will go down to about $27 a barrel at the end of April. But why is gasoline still so expensive? Do you think it might be because of corporate collusion over production/refinement levels.

Iran is not our enemy. Saudi Arabia is a far greater threat to our way of life than Iran will ever be. For example, Iran is currently defeating the Saudi backed ISIS in Tikrit.

Thales of Miletus
03-22-2015, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by killramos

Thanks for those 2 pieces of gold to prove my point. :rofl:

And you are right, I will definitely defend all of these fine people on this site who point out your complete bullshit at every turn.

I sure as hell am not going to defend you :nut:

That is because you do not have a developed sense of the world around you. Instead wishing to believe the world is as it is presented to you.

Sadly your peers seem to take a FOX news view of the world. A view which is narrow and does not allow for the consideration of other povs.

I believe in social justice, a free and informative press, environmental protection, and personal liberties. if you find that to be nuts, that is your right.

r3ccOs
03-22-2015, 06:24 PM

You might wonder what I mean when I say "you people". I see your sort as a group of people who would rather believe in cultural memes than truth. A privileged bunch who's affluence has left them without a sense of empathy or morality. I my opinion your type only reacts to that which you think may reach into your wallet. In your world, the meek, the disabled, and the poor, are the evil takers who are unjustly limiting your opulence.

You think Climate Change science, is an attempt by the environazis to ruin good hearted corporations. That regulation is killing the capitalistic principles of Milton Fredman. And that social justice and morality are something that limits superior men like yourself.

In short, you went all in with the ME ME ME generation.

You defend each other, and defend your philosophy of "Me", against any concept that would benefit society at the cost of your ability to exploit your way to the top.

So, now you both are morally superior and more benevolent than everyone else, because you "feel" more empathetic, and coin me and the rest on this board as again, blind niave, overprivildged entitled pions?

I have probably spent more time, more money and grieved more ,than you, or what you could imagine, to help those in "need" and to be "called out" on some internet forum by "Toma" on no ground is defamaitory, disrepectful and plain & simply insulting.

Refence whomever you want, and think whatever "truth" there is in speculative conspiricies.

At the end of the day It doesn't fucking matter, because people like YOU don't make a difference, and that makes people like YOU not fucking matter.

Thales of Miletus
03-22-2015, 06:30 PM

So, now you both are morally superior and more benevolent than everyone else, because you "feel" more empathetic, and coin me and the rest on this board as again, blind niave, overprivildged entitled pions?

I have probably spent more time, more money and grieved more ,than you, or what you could imagine, to help those in "need" and to be "called out" on some internet forum by "Toma" on no ground is defamaitory, disrepectful and plain & simply insulting.

Refence whomever you want, and think whatever "truth" there is in speculative conspiricies.

At the end of the day It doesn't fucking matter, because people like YOU don't make a difference, and people like YOU don't fucking matter.

Above is the difference between yourself and myself. I say imo, you make assertions. Many of the assertions are based on what others have said about me. The old game "he said she said that her cousin said blah blah blah".

I invited people to discuss whatever topic they wanted. Instead you took a comment, that was not directed at you, and made the claim that you are moral than me. This after insulting me in the post before. You also say that you have suffered more than I, without knowing a thing about me. And that I am a worthless person who doesn't count.

I will always say imo, for opinion and not dictated as fact.

p.s. for example, people are always saying that I claimed to be a genius. I never did. I just said I am smarter than stupid people. That is hardly a boorish brag.

Lastly my response was to Killramos, not to you, the fact that you thought it addressed you and took offence to is, says a lot.

Thales of Miletus
03-22-2015, 06:33 PM
repost

r3ccOs
03-22-2015, 06:35 PM

Above is the difference between yourself and myself. I say imo, you make assertions. Many of the assertions are based on what others have said about me. The old game "he said she said that her cousin said blah blah blah".

I invited you to discuss whatever topic you wanted, instead you made the claim that you are moral, after insulting me in the post before, and that you have suffered more than I, without knowing a thing about me.

I will always say imo, for opinion and not dictated as fact.

p.s. for example, people are always saying that I claimed to be a genius. I never did. I just said I am smarter than stupid people. That is hardly a boorish brag.

Hrm... I am actually philanthropic because I've been a mentor, and I am a proud member of a number of benevolent associations which I sacrifice my time, effort and earnings to support those who require it.

For you to straight out say you are morally superior, because you are what you think as "more empathetic" Or in layman's terms; "feel bad for" really means nothing.

Good for you, you're such a great guy, watch more of World Vision and tell the world how bad we are for not watching World Vision on our Sunday mornings.

at the end of the day, you're a constant unilaterial opinion on a forum, and I'm really glad thats all it is...

because again, you really don't matter to anyone.

Thales of Miletus
03-22-2015, 06:37 PM

I've been a mentor, and I am a proud member of a number of benevoent associations which I sacrifice my time, effort and earnings to support those who require it.

For you to straight out say you are morally superior, because you are what you think as "more empathetic" Or in layman's terms; "feel bad for" really means nothing.

Good for you, you're such a great guy, watch more of World Vision and tell the world how bad we are for not watching World Vision on our Sunday mornings.

Where did I say I am morally superior? Where did I say that you were not moral? How did you take a comment for killramos as a comment for you?

When you assu, you make an ass out of you.

Hrm... I am actually philanthropic and I am a proud member of a number of benevolent associations.
And people like you (the disabled) do not fucking matter.

r3ccOs
03-22-2015, 06:51 PM
what I mean is, people like you (clowns) do not fucking matter.

whether you have a handicap, isn't what make you a (insert your Adjective)

Thales of Miletus
03-22-2015, 06:55 PM
what I mean is, people like you (clowns) do not fucking matter.

Yet before today, you never had a conversation with me. And no where in any of the threads did I insult you.

You are letting "group think" influence "your think".

Well, enough of the flame war. I can't seem to get this thread back on topic no matter how hard I try.

p.s. Climate Change is being caused by humans.

hampstor
03-22-2015, 07:06 PM

Well, enough of the flame war. I can't seem to get this thread back on topic no matter how hard I try.

The last few pages of "trying" is the reason this is now :closed: