PDA

View Full Version : buying a jdm car, buy parts at the same time?

Fly Fishin'
01-28-2015, 09:06 PM
We will be ordering a car through a bpro and they have a parts seeking service as well. My question in should I get anything?

I would like to get the suede seats
Brembos or similar large kit.
Larger intercooler.

But all this stuff is here so is there a point and if you were buying a 2000 turbo Subaru what would you upgrade right off the bat? It's just a daily driver but I would track it for fun once in a while. Any back up parts that I should get in doubles?

Thanks and sorry if you are getting tired of spoon feeding me answers. I just joined the wsforum but in limbo till I get the approval email.

jacky4566
01-28-2015, 09:19 PM
If its a subaru parts are almost universal. Only JDM specific stuff will be RHD specific.

Also whats a wsforum? You should be on Western subaru club and NASOIC for Subaru related things.

Fly Fishin'
01-28-2015, 09:29 PM
Yes sorry I joined the western subaru club forum. As for parts that sounds good to me, we got the same ride here just not the model and none of that crazy biturbo stuff.

tehwegz
01-28-2015, 11:19 PM
stuff is a lot cheaper in Japan. Not sure how much it would cost to get it brought over here though. Get some extra little things. Coil packs and upgraded walbro fuel pump would be nice to have on hand. You could get a really nice set of rims like volk ce28 or te37 for half the price most people here sell for used.

Other than that...I'd say focus on getting it here and seeing what it really needs. Inspect tires and look at the code for the build date of them...replace if needed.

And of course tuning to get it to run on our gas...not sure about the ej205/207 but I know for my ej20k it costs at least $1500 for a proper Rob tune/power FC.

Fly Fishin'
01-29-2015, 07:41 AM
If I can I would like them to pack all the parts into the trunk and back seat so there won't be any chance of parts going missing. Hopefully this will also help cut my shipping bill as it will just be a weight increase and not a new bill. The gold rims are mandatory for this car but if I can get a brand/style that we don't then all the better. Plus fuck spending $1000 on original ITR seats for the civic lol

Ca_Silvia13
01-29-2015, 09:56 AM
Wheels and coilovers. They are much, much cheaper to get over there.

Fly Fishin'
01-29-2015, 11:07 AM
Good to know as the civic will be needing a new set soon.