PDA

View Full Version : Police Officers Do Something Kind - The Anti-Modelexis Story

killramos
01-30-2015, 08:35 AM
Just so that it becomes clear that beyond isnt a group of idiot anarchists who think the police exist exclusively to drive around drunk and get out of jailtime i decided to post a heartwarming story to help ballance the conversations on here.

Police Buy Back Wedding Ring Ontario Man Pawned to Feed Ailing Wife

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5294416-police-buy-back-wedding-ring-ontario-man-pawned-to-feed-wife/

When Cornwall police arrived at a domestic disturbance call last weekend, they thought they would be called on to protect, but they ended up serving.

Officers determined an elderly woman, whom they declined to identify to protect her privacy, was suffering from dementia, and her husband was having trouble caring for her by himself.

There were no groceries in the house and the man explained he had started selling their possessions to make ends meet. Things had gotten so bad, he admitted to having pawned his wedding ring for food.

The two responding officers alerted the Alzheimer Society and the Community Care Access Centre, but felt they could do more. So they took up a collection at the station and bought the couple $150 worth of groceries.

The next day, the officers again went beyond the call of duty, and bought back the man's pawned wedding ring (for $131) and returned it to him.

"They don't want recognition," said Cornwall Police Chief Dan Parkinson, who declined to name the nine officers and five civilian staff members involved. "They're a humble group."

"They felt this was nothing out of the ordinary," Parkinson added. "We see these kinds of things more often than you would think."

More and more people are falling through the cracks of the health-care system, said Parkinson, and the police are often the only service able to respond.

"The tragedy behind this story is the growth of dementia and the problems associated with it. It shouldn't have been a police matter, but we're evolving in our role as 24-hour first responders," he said.

The story was made public by Cornwall Police Services Board chairman André Rivette, who reported it to city council on Monday. After the local Cornwall Seaway News reported on his speech, media outlets from around the world have been calling the Eastern Ontario city requesting interviews.

"They've graciously declined the requests," Parkinson said. "The man involved would be humiliated if his name were to come out."

While respecting their wishes, Rivette still believes it's a story worth telling.

"It's a heartwarming story in the middle of winter," he said. "It's a hell of a thing for those officers to do (and) they didn't do it for any other reason than to help out."

After informing city council of the officers' generosity, everyone in the chamber rose to give a standing ovation, Rivette said. The Police Services Board has voted to write each participant a letter of commendation.

"The lay people who work for the police department and the officers pulled together to raise that money. It wasn't a hard thing to do. They just contacted the people on that shift and everybody was more than happy to give," he said.

Great story of Generosity and public service!

:thumbsup:

Modelexis
01-30-2015, 08:46 AM
If a serial killer helps an old lady across the road does that make him a good guy?

rage2
01-30-2015, 08:46 AM
:thumbsup:

Nitro5
01-30-2015, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Modelexis
If a serial killer helps an old lady across the road does that make him a good guy?

Which of the officers in the story is a serial killer?

CapnCrunch
01-30-2015, 09:07 AM

No, I still think you're an ignoramus.

G-ZUS
01-30-2015, 09:10 AM
:banghead:

OU812
01-30-2015, 09:39 AM
you could find a million of these stories he still wouldnt care.

He is too bitter and has his mind made up.

rx7boi
01-30-2015, 09:41 AM
:rofl: You set this thread up for failure as soon as you thought Modelexis was important enough to be mentioned.

rage2
01-30-2015, 09:44 AM
You can't win a Modelexis argument. He's painting an entire group of people with the same brush based on outlierers in his arguments, but refusing to acknowledge the outliers that are against his arguments.

Lex350
01-30-2015, 09:53 AM
Is it just me or does anybody else there feel like Modelexis will eventually meet his demise by"death by cop"?

killramos
01-30-2015, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by rotten42
Is it just me or does anybody else there feel like Modelexis will eventually meet his demise by"death by cop"?

The way he spews on you swear he would be on some list such that he couldnt drive through a playground zone without a cavity search :dunno:

So yup, definitely. Hes gunna go all E-Thug and forget he isn't sitting on laptop in his underwear, he is on the side of the road talking to an actual officer.

FraserB
01-30-2015, 09:57 AM

Probably. He is also the type of person to rail against the cops, but as soon as the tiniest thing goes wrong he'll be on the phone screaming that they aren't there right away.

Nitro5
01-30-2015, 10:29 AM

My guess is that he's a great e-thug, but in real life probably very timid.

sr20s14zenki
01-30-2015, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Nitro5

My guess is that he's a great e-thug, but in real life probably very timid.

Hes actually an alright guy in person. Good to have a debate with. Did some welding for him a few years ago, as well as see him at all Toma's dyno days.

Right or wrong, he is entitled to his opinion. Ive heard far more outlandish things from people than ive heard from him.

The bottom line is this, its not like his opinion is going to suddenly come into play tomorrow....so why worry about it. Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one, and they all stink.

Nitro5
01-30-2015, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

Hes actually an alright guy in person. Good to have a debate with. Did some welding for him a few years ago, as well as see him at all Toma's dyno days.

Right or wrong, he is entitled to his opinion. Ive heard far more outlandish things from people than ive heard from him.

The bottom line is this, its not like his opinion is going to suddenly come into play tomorrow....so why worry about it. Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one, and they all stink.

Thus E-thug

http://fishbowl.pastiche.org/archives/pictures/greater_internet_fuckwad_theory.jpg

We all do it to varying levels.

Modelexis
01-30-2015, 11:07 AM
I don't talk politics at car meets, but to somehow think that having a political opinion on a board devoted to politics is being an e thug I don't really know how to convince you otherwise. I don't attack anyone or tell people I want them dead, I just give an unpopular view to people who aren't capable of hearing it.

rx7boi
01-30-2015, 11:23 AM
It's a good thing that you don't talk politics at car meets.

You should be so lucky to have been tolerated enough to keep around on Beyond.ca because if your online persona is any indicator of you in person, it would not be well received.

It's not so much your facts (or "unpopular views" or whatever you want to spin it as) but the arrogant attitude you put forth while oblivious to the fact that the only reason you even have a voice here is based on the understanding that even assholes have the right to be heard.

There are plenty of members here who have just as many unpopular opinions as you so let's not play coy and try to act like people dislike you because of your opinions.

It's not your opinions. It's you.

codetrap
01-30-2015, 11:47 AM
I don't attack anyone "I don't hate you, I just hate everything you stand for and believe in, and I think that everyone in the organization you belong to is akin to the mafia, a bunch of paid serial killers that are without morals and can't possibly do any good in the world. But I don't attack anyone." - Paraphrased from Modelexis

If I were you Modelexis, I'd be a little bit afraid of going to a meet. You've run your mouth so many times here on beyond that I wouldn't be surprised if someone just walked up and popped you one in the beak. Piss people off enough online, and that shit will eventually spill over into the real world. Especially when you've advertised that you have no faith in the justice system, so you're pretty unlikely to call the cops or press charges.

CapnCrunch
01-30-2015, 11:49 AM

I hope some day, his life is saved by one, and he goes into a deep depression after realizing what a waste his entire life has been, and swears off interneting forever.

Modelexis
01-30-2015, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
"I don't hate you, I just hate everything you stand for and believe in, and I think that everyone in the organization you belong to is akin to the mafia, a bunch of paid serial killers that are without morals and can't possibly do any good in the world. But I don't attack anyone." - Paraphrased from Modelexis

If I were you Modelexis, I'd be a little bit afraid of going to a meet. You've run your mouth so many times here on beyond that I wouldn't be surprised if someone just walked up and popped you one in the beak. Piss people off enough online, and that shit will eventually spill over into the real world. Especially when you've advertised that you have no faith in the justice system, so you're pretty unlikely to call the cops or press charges.

I can take care of myself, I can protect myself and the type of people who come to the beyond meets are not the type of people who like to fight strangers.

rx7boi
01-30-2015, 12:14 PM
He doesn't need to protect himself because I doubt he talks the same way in person.

He wisely indulges in the fact that there are certain luxuries at his disposal on an internet forum, like we all do from time to time.

Who was it here on the forums that Modelexis got his panties into a bunch about a "death threat" towards him or something? :rofl: :rofl: :cry: :cry:

g-m
01-30-2015, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch

and swears off interneting forever. keys hope he starts here and the rest follows

codetrap
01-30-2015, 01:06 PM
I can take care of myself, I can protect myself and the type of people who come to the beyond meets are not the type of people who like to fight strangers. I can't speak to the former. But I will agree that the type of people that I've met at a few impromptu meets were always good guys and great in person. I suspect that plays more in your favor than any supposed self defense abilities.

I specifically remember berserkercatsplat from the last one I got to. Guy is funnier than hell and reminds me of a young Emmet Brown.

Back to the original comment, ss my pappy always said, all it takes is someone to casually come up behind you and knife you in the kidney and you're completely fucked.

I also notice you specifically didn't comment to the attacking people......

Masked Bandit
01-30-2015, 01:12 PM
Enough talk about Modelexis, this story is about some decent human beings making the world a better place. I know they won't ever see this but I would offer an honest "thank you" to those involved.

Arash Boodagh
01-30-2015, 07:09 PM
A typical degenerate society where the old and weak are left to die without any family support nor government institutions to care for them.

cancer man
01-31-2015, 05:04 AM
Modelexis can only kill Modelexis.

heavyfuel
01-31-2015, 09:15 AM

Would be a great read with my morning coffee that's for sure.