PDA

View Full Version : NISMO vs Z06. Nothing has been decided.

Darkane
02-02-2015, 10:36 PM
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1504_2015_chevrolet_corvette_z06_vs_2015_nissan_gt_r_nismo_comparison/

Wow. Took down the God damn 650S too!

Production Nismo is the real deal. The previous one MT tested was a pre model.

georgemagana
02-02-2015, 10:46 PM
Nice! I remember reading on gtrlife that the comparo was about to come out. Cant wait for the video :)

Just finished the article. Crazy data for sure specially on the graph at the end of the 2nd page. More grip on tight corners for the ZO6 but more grip for the NISMO on the fast corners. The ZO6 will eat the NISMO at Laguna Seca I think.

The Nismo NEEDS R compounds and CC brakes.

Shlade
02-02-2015, 10:46 PM
Jesus... That thing is so sweet looking.

I'd take a regular GTR any day...hoping I'll be able to get one in a few years.

Tuner1
02-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Nice test of two amazing cars. I am a huge fan of both and hope to get some good seat time in a new Z06/Z07 this summer. The NISMO is a seriously impressive factory built machine but it is hard to imagine that a used GT-R + $30k in well-executed upgrades wouldn't result in +/- the same performance.

01RedDX
02-02-2015, 11:07 PM

rage2
02-02-2015, 11:51 PM
Nice to see Nissan cleaned up the software. I believe it was motor trends first test where the Nismo kept losing power from Cali 91 octane because it was so tuned to the edge, which made it slower than the non Nismo.

gpomp
02-02-2015, 11:56 PM
So the $150,000 car is faster than the $90,000 car. Okay :dunno:

Mibz
02-03-2015, 08:22 AM
I can't find the part where it beat a 650S, link?

94boosted
02-03-2015, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by gpomp

It is kind of ironic though because a month ago Motor Trend printed this on the cover :rofl:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/20150120_175929_zpslfcl3ojv.jpg

That being said I wonder why they tested the slower manual car not the faster auto car. The article also contradicts itself a bit:

Tracking the data, we see the Corvette achieve higher speeds in the straights and brake later and harder than the NISMO, and it carries more speed around the corners.

What's more, the NISMO was significantly faster on the straights, besting the Z06's top speeds by 6 and 7 miles per hour on the front and back straights.

It just boggles my mind how a street car that is more powerful, has much more torque, is significantly lighter, stops faster and generates more grip can be over a second slower simply because of drag :dunno: Either way the NISMO is a very impressive car.

HiTempguy1
02-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted

It just boggles my mind how a street car that is more powerful, has much more torque, is significantly lighter, stops faster and generates more grip can be over a second slower simply because of drag :dunno: Either way the NISMO is a very impressive car.

F = -cv^2 is a bitch. Not saying its the cause completely though. There is a reason AWD Audi's were banned for a while from road racing back in the 80's.

georgemagana
02-03-2015, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
I can't find the part where it beat a 650S, link?

The 650S lap was 1:25.88 if I remember correctly. Read it somewhere last night. All 3 cars were tested the same day as well.

The Corvette forums are pretty funny right now haha!

Pretty crazy the Nismo is faster considering it is 300lbs heavier, steel brakes as oppossed to CC, small street tires instead of Cup 2s or such, 50hp and 100+ less torque. Those overheating/time pulling issues of the ZO6 were also mentioned on the artcile so this could be 1 of the major factors. I still think the ZO6 will be faster at Laguna Seca tho.

vengie
02-03-2015, 02:18 PM
Personally I'd prefer the z06, banging through the gears is much more fun that holding on and letting a computer drive the car. Hopefully in a couple years I can snag one! :thumbsup:

94boosted
02-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

F = -cv^2 is a bitch. Not saying its the cause completely though. There is a reason AWD Audi's were banned for a while from road racing back in the 80's.

Yes of course but the GTR doesn't seem like it's a stranger to the wind tunnel either. I'd be willing to bet it generates a fair bit of down force and consequently drag.

georgemagana
02-03-2015, 03:55 PM
^Normal GTR drag is .26 so the Nisno might be a little higher and the Z06/ZO7 is .37

Lots of talk about that stuff on the forums!

heavyD
02-03-2015, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

Ha ha yeah no kidding. Can't wait to find out if a CLA 45 AMG is faster than a WRX.

blownz
02-03-2015, 04:16 PM
As impressive as any of the GTR's are, I just can't get over how fugly they are. I would never consider one if I was in the market for that type of car. :dunno:

That said, hopefully exotic racing gets one of them so I can at least try it out. :thumbsup:

Redlined_8000
02-03-2015, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

Ha ha yeah no kidding. Can't wait to find out if a CLA 45 AMG is faster than a WRX.

That was already tested by motortrend.

On track the 2015 STI is faster than the CLA45.

1/4 mile CLA45 wins.

Not to change topic here. Go Nismo!

k1l4m
02-04-2015, 02:36 PM
F5F18o8xayA

heavyD
02-04-2015, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Redlined_8000

That was already tested by motortrend.

On track the 2015 STI is faster than the CLA45.

1/4 mile CLA45 wins.

Not to change topic here. Go Nismo!

I said WRX.;)

dawwgy
02-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by blownz
As impressive as any of the GTR's are, I just can't get over how fugly they are. I would never consider one if I was in the market for that type of car. :dunno:

Says the guy with possibly the ugliest bmw model (5 series) :barf:

I know lots of people that love the GTR for its looks as well, myself being one of them, although I think I am slightly biased.

I would definitely by the NISMO (if I could get my hands on one :() over something in the same price range.

Redlined_8000
02-04-2015, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by heavyD

I said WRX.;)

WRX is slower ;)

heavyD
02-05-2015, 08:04 AM

WRX is slower ;)

I believe the point of my original post flew over your head.;)

94boosted
02-05-2015, 08:56 AM
So in this test (http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia_international_raceway_post_2013.html) it was a pre-production NISMO?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/VIR%20Lap%20Times_zps6knhphu4.png

riander5
02-05-2015, 08:58 AM
Yea what's up now ^

Z06 wut wut :burnout:

blownz
02-05-2015, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by dawwgy

Says the guy with possibly the ugliest bmw model (5 series) :barf:

I know lots of people that love the GTR for its looks as well, myself being one of them, although I think I am slightly biased.

I would definitely by the NISMO (if I could get my hands on one :() over something in the same price range.

lol

No need to get so upset just because I don't like how a car looks that you have to start bashing what I drive lol I feel like I am with my kids in kindergarten. :rolleyes:

Looks are definitely personal, but the F10 was by far the best looking out of the 2011 A6 and E350 that I was comparing to at the time for a larger sedan that could comfortably fit two car seats in the back. And again, that is obviously my opinion at the time.

And BMW definitely has made uglier cars than the F10 lol

GTR has just always been an awkward looking car in all years IMO. And the interior looks very cheap for a car of that price range. Again just my opinion. :dunno:

Darkane
02-05-2015, 09:56 AM
So in this test (http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia_international_raceway_post_2013.html) it was a pre-production NISMO?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j174/94boosted/VIR%20Lap%20Times_zps6knhphu4.png

Must have been. Also reports of the first few Z06 cars being ringers lol.

Not sure. Real world says it all though. Both cars are now into customer hands and magazines are testing production models of both. The CURRENT performance of either is indicitive of what the car can really do.

94boosted
02-05-2015, 10:22 AM
^ Ringers? I haven't read anything about that. Overheating issues yes but not ringers.

I'm curious to see the results from Laguna Seca when MT does Best Drivers Car and from C&D when they do lightning lap at VIR. Hopefully this time they use an Auto Z06.

CanmoreOrLess
02-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Tuner1
Nice test of two amazing cars. I am a huge fan of both and hope to get some good seat time in a new Z06/Z07 this summer. The NISMO is a seriously impressive factory built machine but it is hard to imagine that a used GT-R + $30k in well-executed upgrades wouldn't result in +/- the same performance.

Loving this school of thought, any quick examples you can post? I think your recent Porsche thread is on target?

962 kid
02-05-2015, 10:58 AM

Lol at the thought of a z06 besting the 918 by 2s around VIR. Those are not test results but rather a compilation of laptimes. Iirc the z06 time was set by a factory driver after a weekend of driving. The majority of those times including the 918 and nismo were set by car and driver's insufficiently talented staff of journalists who had a handful of laps in each car.

01RedDX
02-05-2015, 11:41 AM

dawwgy
02-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by blownz

lol

No need to get so upset just because I don't like how a car looks that you have to start bashing what I drive lol I feel like I am with my kids in kindergarten. :rolleyes:

My opinion is that the F10 is one of the ugliest bmw's made. Not getting upset. :whocares:

heavyD
02-05-2015, 11:52 AM
I hate to dump on the GTR because Nissan really has built a technical marvel but the fact is that track time bragging rights is all Nissan has to hold it's head on as nobody wants these cars;

http://www.thedetroitbureau.com/2015/02/subaru-xv-crosstrek-tops-list-of-quickest-january-sellers/

Conversely, if there’s a list of the fastest sellers, there’s also a list of dogs languishing on lots around the U.S. and, according to Cars.com, the leader of that pack is the 2015 Nissan GT-R. A Nissan dealer will have that car in inventory for nearly three-quarter of a year: 260 days.

Slowest selling cars in the US by a long shot as there simply isn't enough guys that grew up salivating over these cars in the 90's that can afford them or even still want them today. From GM's point of view I don't even know if they would care about the GTR's performance given they know that nobody is buying them while Corvettes are flying off lots.

01RedDX
02-05-2015, 12:11 PM

tehwegz
02-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Never did think of GT-R sales figures till heavyD's post.

There are tons of Corvette on the road. The Civics of "supercars" for the mid/upper middle class. The R35 GT-R is the first Godzilla to even be accessible to North America, so yeah it has that as a handicap. Only a handful know, and fully appreciate the cars and the history behind them. And then there is everyone else, like me, who have always dreamed of, but cannot afford.

They also don't offer a "base" GT-R that starts at $60k MSRP like the Corvette. Corvette is much more accessible so yeah they're flying off lots.

I don't think Nissan had in mind for it to be a volume seller.

Viper is the same. But they knocked $15k off MSRP and got some more people buying.

Porsche's are selling very good. Their sports cars sell almost just as much as their Macan, Panamera, and Cayenne. You can't say that about any other manufacturers.

Still comes as a surprise. I watch a GT-R youtube video almost every day so I'm under the illusion there are as many of them on the streets as a Civic.

DeleriousZ
02-05-2015, 07:17 PM
That's because corvettes are your token midlife crisis car, and gtr's are for people that are having a classy midlife crisis. :nut:

Neil4Speed
02-05-2015, 08:27 PM
I don't care if your an AMG, M, GTR, Lada Niva fanboy, that Corvette is exceptionally impressive at the price point. Huge achievement on GM's part.

firebane
02-05-2015, 08:37 PM
I just watched a video of these two cars going around a track. The Corvette was slower than the Nismo but the only reason was the simple fact the Nismo is AWD compared to the Corvette so it could pull out of corners harder and faster.

Make a AWD Corvette and watch it destroy so many things.

georgemagana
02-05-2015, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by tehwegz
Never did think of GT-R sales figures till heavyD's post.

There are tons of Corvette on the road. The Civics of "supercars" for the mid/upper middle class. The R35 GT-R is the first Godzilla to even be accessible to North America, so yeah it has that as a handicap. Only a handful know, and fully appreciate the cars and the history behind them. And then there is everyone else, like me, who have always dreamed of, but cannot afford.

They also don't offer a "base" GT-R that starts at $60k MSRP like the Corvette. Corvette is much more accessible so yeah they're flying off lots.

I don't think Nissan had in mind for it to be a volume seller.

Viper is the same. But they knocked $15k off MSRP and got some more people buying.

Porsche's are selling very good. Their sports cars sell almost just as much as their Macan, Panamera, and Cayenne. You can't say that about any other manufacturers.

Still comes as a surprise. I watch a GT-R youtube video almost every day so I'm under the illusion there are as many of them on the streets as a Civic.

There was someone commenting on gtrlife.com about this vs corvette sales. The guy had all the numbers but if I remember right, there are more Corvettes sold in 1 year than GTRs since 2008.

He said that just C6 Z06s had more sales than all GTRs so obviously the vette is not as exclusive and the Nismo with only 200 of them sold in North America is the opposite.

blownz
02-05-2015, 10:46 PM
Well my ugly F10 was written off today so all the haters can rejoice. lol

Now while I did say I liked the look of it, it was no where near as fun to drive as either my E46 or E90 so I actually really didn't like the car which I have mentioned in other threads before. I will probably buy an F30, but also looking at some other options.

No GTR or Z06 though. :poosie:

Although I noticed the dealers are desperate to make sales right now. I was offered $6k off a 2015 M3 without even having to ask. $90K is a boat load of money for a 3 series though.

Orbie
02-06-2015, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by firebane
I just watched a video of these two cars going around a track. The Corvette was slower than the Nismo but the only reason was the simple fact the Nismo is AWD compared to the Corvette so it could pull out of corners harder and faster.

Make a AWD Corvette and watch it destroy so many things.

Make the GTR 300lbs lighter, take out the rear seats and give it 650hp and 650ft-lbs and watch it destroy all :dunno:

firebane
02-06-2015, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Orbie

Make the GTR 300lbs lighter, take out the rear seats and give it 650hp and 650ft-lbs and watch it destroy all :dunno:

You would lose most of that advantage the second you dropped in a v8. The Nismo only has a v6 engine it not a v8 and there is a signifigant weight difference between a v6 and v8.

Orbie
02-06-2015, 02:18 PM

You would lose most of that advantage the second you dropped in a v8. The Nismo only has a v6 engine it not a v8 and there is a signifigant weight difference between a v6 and v8.

Also a weight difference between an AWD system and RWD one, not to mention packaging into the chassis. You also dont need to drop a v8 to get 650/650 out of the v6.

DeleriousZ
02-06-2015, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Orbie

Also a weight difference between an AWD system and RWD one, not to mention packaging into the chassis. You also dont need to drop a v8 to get 650/650 out of the v6.

Indeed, you're one AMS kit away from that with relative ease.

94boosted
02-06-2015, 05:25 PM

You'd probably be surprised if you compared the weight of an LS or new LT engine to the V6 in the Nissan. As GM's engine is a pushrod in lieu of a more complicated DOHC setup it's surprisingly small & light. There's a reason the LS is the V8 swap engine of choice for Miata's, 240's, FRS's etc.

Nissan's VR Engine = ~600lbs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VR_engine)
GM's LT4 Engine = 529lbs (http://blog.caranddriver.com/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-deep-dive-what-makes-the-new-supercharged-lt4-v-8-tick/)

94boosted
03-20-2015, 08:21 AM
Motor Trend retested the Z06 after a lot of people were pissed off with it's lap time, turns out the alignment (rear caster) was screwed up on the first car. The result.... 2.1 seconds off it's previous lap time :eek: but more importantly 0.7 seconds faster than the NISMO GTR.

1:27.1 Z06 (first test)
1:25.7 NISMO GTR
1:25.0 Z06 (re-test)

They also tested an automatic for comparison sake and that car ran a 1:25.76, guess the manual is still faster.

Would the GTR have of been any faster had they re-tested it due to increased familiarity.... maybe.

Link (http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1503_2015_chevrolet_corvette_z06_track_retest/??sm_id=social_aumomotortrendhub_MotorTrend_20150319_42369836&adbid=10152843820121312&adbpl=fb&adbpr=18332466311)

speedog
03-20-2015, 08:41 AM
So the $150,000 car is now not faster than the $90,000 car?

Never the less, the time differential is really not all that much - what needs to be noted is the performance the Corvette still offers for the money. There is probably no vehicle that comes even near what the Corvette can do for the money.

Darkane
03-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Motor Trend retested the Z06 after a lot of people were pissed off with it's lap time, turns out the alignment (rear caster) was screwed up on the first car. The result.... 2.1 seconds off it's previous lap time :eek: but more importantly 0.7 seconds faster than the NISMO GTR.

1:27.1 Z06 (first test)
1:25.7 NISMO GTR
1:25.0 Z06 (re-test)

They also tested an automatic for comparison sake and that car ran a 1:25.76, guess the manual is still faster.

Would the GTR have of been any faster had they re-tested it due to increased familiarity.... maybe.

Link (http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1503_2015_chevrolet_corvette_z06_track_retest/??sm_id=social_aumomotortrendhub_MotorTrend_20150319_42369836&adbid=10152843820121312&adbpl=fb&adbpr=18332466311)

I believe it said GM also retuned the suspension as well and will offer it as an add on performance package or something. Lol.

EDIT:

"It should be noted, however, that Chevrolet fixed more than the rear alignment. At the same time we were performing our original test, Chevrolet was both launching the car to the media and testing it at Spring Mountain Motor Resort in Pahrump, Nevada. Like Willow Springs, Spring Mountain's track is rough and bumpy. Until this point, Chevrolet had done most of its development testing at newer and smoother Virginia International Raceway, Road Atlanta, and at its Milford Proving Grounds. The car hadn't been developed on a rough track, which is why Pobst complained it was too harsh at Willow Springs and was beating him up. Pobst actually preferred to run the car with the suspension in the softer Sport mode. As a result of this new testing at Spring Mountain and additional testing at Willow Springs, Chevrolet developed a new Rough Track mode for the Z06 that softens the dampers in Track mode. Chevrolet plans to make this software update to the Z06 available soon through the GM Performance Parts catalog, and our test cars at this retest were both fitted with the new software. We cannot say, then, that the improvement in lap time was due solely to the corrected rear alignment, as it's possible the new damper programming also aided the Z06's performance."

Motor trend and Chevy, partners in crime. The NISMO also still out-pulled the car on the straights. Way less power and torque and more weight. Go figure GM.

Redlined_8000
03-20-2015, 10:00 AM
Even though the Chevy ended up being faster the mistake in rear alignment is another little example why IMO Japanese cars are higher quality than American. The GTR is off the production floor with zero problems and the corvette is sent to prove itself with a wrong suspension setup? Lol. Not hating, I love both cars just saying...

Mitsu3000gt
03-20-2015, 10:06 AM
So, they didn't bother retesting the GT-R even after the lap times fell well within the range of driver variance? Seems like kind of a useless re-test IMO, especially with the re-worked Z06 that was tuned specifically for this event by GM by the sounds of the article.

riander5
03-20-2015, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

blah blah

You lost just admit it. over 1.5x the cost Nissan cant even beat a lowly American car.

Mods change thread name???

KRyn
03-20-2015, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by speedog
what needs to be noted is the performance the Corvette still offers for the money. There is probably no vehicle that comes even near what the Corvette can do for the money.

Amen, truly amazing what Chevy has done with the Corvette in the last few years. Once they manage to put together a great interior it may be the best car ever.

Sorath
03-20-2015, 10:28 AM
Even though the Chevy ended up being faster the mistake in rear alignment is another little example why IMO Japanese cars are higher quality than American. The GTR is off the production floor with zero problems and the corvette is sent to prove itself with a wrong suspension setup? Lol. Not hating, I love both cars just saying...

LOL wut? did you see the transmission problems the GTR was having at the start and the warranties it has voided in the past because of using functions that it was built for

Redlined_8000
03-20-2015, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Sorath

LOL wut? did you see the transmission problems the GTR was having at the start and the warranties it has voided in the past because of using functions that it was built for

I know all first year production cars have their problems for sure. GTR had it's tranny and the corvette blew up an engine testing at the lightning lap

Still though how can Chevy make a mistake like that. Get a Z06 ready to battle the nismo with reputation on the line and they send it out to the track with an alignment 2 seconds slower than it should be.... that's just rediculous.

Sorath
03-20-2015, 10:44 AM

I know all first year production cars have their problems for sure. GTR had it's tranny and the corvette blew up an engine testing at the lightning lap

Still though how can Chevy make a mistake like that. Get a Z06 ready to battle the nismo with reputation on the line and they send it out to the track with an alignment 2 seconds slower than it should be.... that's just rediculous.

I dont think you understand what difference an alignment makes on a car. If you've noticed cars are getting more and more bland and easy to drive. the tamed alignment is likely attack towards daily drivability.

rage2
03-20-2015, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Sorath
I dont think you understand what difference an alignment makes on a car. If you've noticed cars are getting more and more bland and easy to drive. the tamed alignment is likely attack towards daily drivability.
This. Drives me nuts. Lawyers have won. I spent a bit of time re-aligning my CBS just to get it to drive properly, although it's a bit hairy now when the temps are under 20C.

In the GTR's defense, the car (from the ones I've driven) looks to have pretty aggressive alignment right off the showroom floor. It relies on it's traction control system to keep you from dying.

94boosted
03-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

I believe it said GM also retuned the suspension as well and will offer it as an add on performance package or something. Lol.

EDIT:

"It should be noted, however, that Chevrolet fixed more than the rear alignment. At the same time we were performing our original test, Chevrolet was both launching the car to the media and testing it at Spring Mountain Motor Resort in Pahrump, Nevada. Like Willow Springs, Spring Mountain's track is rough and bumpy. Until this point, Chevrolet had done most of its development testing at newer and smoother Virginia International Raceway, Road Atlanta, and at its Milford Proving Grounds. The car hadn't been developed on a rough track, which is why Pobst complained it was too harsh at Willow Springs and was beating him up. Pobst actually preferred to run the car with the suspension in the softer Sport mode. As a result of this new testing at Spring Mountain and additional testing at Willow Springs, Chevrolet developed a new Rough Track mode for the Z06 that softens the dampers in Track mode. Chevrolet plans to make this software update to the Z06 available soon through the GM Performance Parts catalog, and our test cars at this retest were both fitted with the new software. We cannot say, then, that the improvement in lap time was due solely to the corrected rear alignment, as it's possible the new damper programming also aided the Z06's performance."

Motor trend and Chevy, partners in crime. The NISMO also still out-pulled the car on the straights. Way less power and torque and more weight. Go figure GM.

Did you notice this comment from Randy:

But I don't think the ride was really that important. I think it's that alignment issue because I don't get that rear steer anymore.

Also the change is simply a calibration tweak to the magneto shocks and is available to all Z06 owners.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
So, they didn't bother retesting the GT-R even after the lap times fell well within the range of driver variance? Seems like kind of a useless re-test IMO, especially with the re-worked Z06 that was tuned specifically for this event by GM by the sounds of the article.

Same track, same driver, very similar conditions and all the threads make it clear that Randy has much more seat time in the GTR than in the Z06 but still yes ideally they would of retested the GTR again as well.

Originally posted by riander5

Mods change thread name???

This! Change to "Production model NISMO slayed Z06, then GM fixed alignment and beat the GTR!!" or simply "Production NISMO is a bit slower than Z06"

riander5
03-20-2015, 11:16 AM

This! Change to "Production model NISMO slayed Z06, then GM fixed alignment and beat the GTR!!" or simply "Production NISMO is a bit slower than Z06"

Or - "Darkane creates thread to shit on z06, eats words!"

94boosted
03-20-2015, 11:31 AM
In the NISMO's defense I'm still unpleasantly surprised that the Z06 was pulling power after one lap and it was only 70°F the day they were testing and the NISMO didn't seem to have any of those problems.

94boosted
03-20-2015, 11:33 AM
Thread title changed :rofl:

"NISMO vs Z06. Nothing has been decided."

True that

heavyD
03-20-2015, 12:24 PM

Yes because a mistake in alignment is a catastrophic mistake.:rolleyes: Did you dig up this post from the 90's where it may have had some merit? Also lets not make it sound like first year GTR's were bulletproof because they weren't.

Darkane
03-20-2015, 03:28 PM
Lol you bastards, changed my thread title.

I'll champion Hondas and Nissans to the death! Haha.

Anyway I'm not butthurt because the 260k Nismo N-Attack A package will beat the Z06

94boosted
03-20-2015, 04:31 PM
^ :rofl: :rofl:

Can't we all just get along. Both cars are monsters and I'd be ecstatic to own either.

Xtrema
03-20-2015, 04:42 PM
So Chevy pulled a Ferrari?

94boosted
03-20-2015, 04:52 PM
^ No, I genuinely believe the alignment was screwed up. When I first got my vette the toe, caster and camber where all over the place, factory tires were shot after 5000km. And lots of similar stories on the forums from other C6 owners.

Darkane
03-20-2015, 06:16 PM
^ :rofl: :rofl:

Can't we all just get along. Both cars are monsters and I'd be ecstatic to own either.

Yes we can. The vette is literally the car now and I love it. Ive always had a hard on for the Z06 almost bought an '08 years back.

Graham_A_M
03-21-2015, 12:38 PM
^ glad to hear..... err...read lol. Yeah the z06 is a deadly machine. Frick I'd love one.

^ No, I genuinely believe the alignment was screwed up. When I first got my vette the toe, caster and camber where all over the place, factory tires were shot after 5000km. And lots of similar stories on the forums from other C6 owners. wow. :nut:

tehwegz
03-21-2015, 07:10 PM
It may be the car now...until the R36 comes out...and so will begin a new chapter of fan boy wars.

Darkane
03-21-2015, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by tehwegz
It may be the car now...until the R36 comes out...and so will begin a new chapter of fan boy wars.

IMO Nissan just isn't the company to pull another rabbit out of the hat. The R35 will remain a legacy.

If anything I think the next car 'might' be the nsx or the nsx type s they're talking about.

Otherwise I think kia or huyandi will surprise the hell out of us in 5 years.

gpomp
03-31-2015, 09:29 AM
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 vs. 2015 Nissan GT-R NISMO, 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-vs-nissan-gt-r-nismo-porsche-911-turbo-s-comparison-test

94boosted
03-31-2015, 12:19 PM
^ Holy crap that Turbo S is quick..... And it has the best fuel economy :rofl:

Mitsu3000gt
03-31-2015, 03:58 PM
^ Holy crap that Turbo S is quick..... And it has the best fuel economy :rofl:

And it's last year's model haha. It was by far the fastest of the 3 cars. The article said it was the best car as well, which isn't surprising. Porsche has that thing pretty much dialed in!

Redlined_8000
03-31-2015, 04:11 PM
The Porsche Turbo S outclasses pretty much any car 250k and under IMO. It is just so dam fast. I drove one in Vegas and it is so refined and well put togther. And the reliability.... 50 launch controls in a row no problem! lol. Porsche is simply in another league with that thing.